Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 445, Not_Mafia wrote: this angle
I assume you mean the specific angleshooty thing? Why not?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 448, Bingle wrote:
In post 447, Eiralox wrote:patchwork
Any inclination to engage with why I'm scumreading patch?
No.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 451, Eiralox wrote:
No.
Why not?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 441, Bingle wrote: N_M is a coalition veto. So, patch has the positions of "Let's lim N_M", "Let's lim on Coalition" and "Let's ensure N_M is off Coalition".
..... what is the logic here
i want to make sure my coalition has zero scum in it and because i'm unsure of their alignment i don't want to have them in my coalition to play it safe
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 441, Bingle wrote: This, in the wake of me being obviously not consensus town, is a shift from buddying me to buddying Keychain. Like, the exact same treatment, just shifted from one player to another.
i wasn't buddying either of you? also lol it's almost as if i can't reread the thread and change my mind
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 441, Bingle wrote: I've moved to the top veto slot and the person patchwork wants to exclude most has become sheepworthy.
i'm not even sheeping? i'm just saying their reads align with my own lmao
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 441, Bingle wrote: Collectively, this suggests to me that patchwork is building reads as a political tool to be townread, not as an actual attempt to share legitimate beliefs they hold. There is clearly an agenda driving this, imo.
??????????????????
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by patchwork »

man i dont even have a genda
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by patchwork »

anyways it's time to crawl back into the whole i came from until i get another notification, bye
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by patchwork »

HOLE. how did the w get there
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 444, Keychain wrote: Too short on time to think about this game in depth tonight but later on definitely want to think about Bingle's patchwork read, and also why Umlaut and Bingle's respective familiarity with N_M led them to opposite conclusions on his towniness
Tbh Bingle is changing my mind on N_M, I may be willing to coalition them after all.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

HURT: northsidegal

HEAL: bingleHEAL:
HEAL: not_mafia

Nsg's argument boiling down to "he's lurking so he's mafia" is bothering me and I'm trusting Bingle's analysis on pairings.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

HURT: northsidegal

HEAL: bingle
HEAL: not_mafia

Nsg's argument boiling down to "he's lurking so he's mafia" is bothering me and I'm trusting Bingle's analysis on pairings.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:35 am

Post by Keychain »

Bingle I feel like you just went to a parallel dimension, none of your recent posts make any sense. I was feeling better about you but that feeling has tanked and I'm considering moving you to veto
In post 450, Bingle wrote:
He posted in the wrong game and
immediately
clarified that, so this is a pointless question
In post 452, Bingle wrote:
No.
Why not?
What is this line of interrogation? you said yourself that eira is spewed town
In post 449, Bingle wrote:
In post 444, Keychain wrote: including me/um as a pair doesn't follow from your comments about our interactions?

Also 436 self meta is acknowledged but I'm not just talking about mech but also what I think I called "generic helpfulness" - I didn't call it buddying because I view buddying as targeting a specific player but the generic helpfulness is more a way to look like you're ~progressing the game~ particularly to newer players
You/um doesn't seem likely, but I'm not taking it off the table as a viable possibility at the moment.

Can you point at any posts of mine that look like they're progressing the game but actually aren't?
Firstly I'm not going to convince you you're scum so continuing to make me rehash my reasons isn't going to do much, just looks like you're trying to make me second guess my read on you which is :igmeou: since you're already in my compromise bucket. Secondly in your indepth analysis of me/um interactions which covered this topic, how did you miss where I give an example to him? if that doesn't suffice, all the posts I just quoted would also qualify
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 434, northsidegal wrote: someone bother me if i don't do a full reread of the game today, please.
bother bother, time is running out
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

HURT: not_mafia
HEAL: northsidegal

I changed my mind
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:50 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 462, Dunnstral wrote: Nsg's argument boiling down to "he's lurking so he's mafia" is bothering me and I'm trusting Bingle's analysis on pairings.
why do you take issue with that read - do you think you're lurky regardless of alignment? also why do you trust Bingle's analysis? I'd take it with a huge grain of salt since it doesn't include himself and N_M.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 466, Keychain wrote: why do you take issue with that read
It's jarring to see somebody with a 2017 join date advocating to eliminate the least active players. I looked it over again and this wasn't as strong as I remembered and I can believe that NSG holds that opinion so I put them back in the coalition.

On that note upon review KawaiiKame seems to be dodging this game in particular, which I feel is not a good sign for them.
In post 466, Keychain wrote: also why do you trust Bingle's analysis?
Because I'm lazy and I trust their process for eliminating likely aligned pairs.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:08 am

Post by Dunnstral »

If this game continues past coalition phase, players who were excluded cannot be aligned with each other

Perhaps we should take advantage of that instead of putting all of our strategy into vibe checks before anybody has been eliminated?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:12 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 468, Dunnstral wrote: If this game continues past coalition phase, players who were excluded cannot be aligned with each other

Perhaps we should take advantage of that instead of putting all of our strategy into vibe checks before anybody has been eliminated?
I'm with you in all of this, no one who is excluded is a potential alignment, have we decided in who's in the coalition?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:56 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 463, Keychain wrote: Bingle I feel like you just went to a parallel dimension, none of your recent posts make any sense. I was feeling better about you but that feeling has tanked and I'm considering moving you to veto
immediately
As of the time of my research into N_M, he was not playing in any other games, so I assumed the post about deleting was nonsense trolling. I didn't bother checking, because checking would have spent more time than just asking the question.
No.
Why not?
First of all, attempting to engage someone about my read isn't necessarily an attempt to read them. It can also be an attempt to convince them of my read. Like when someone I think is town is voting to put someone I think is scum in the coalition, and I'm trying to convince them that's a bad idea. Is the premise here that me, thinking eiralox is wrongtown, should just... ignore that? Why?
In post 444, Keychain wrote: including me/um as a pair doesn't follow from your comments about our interactions?

Also 436 self meta is acknowledged but I'm not just talking about mech but also what I think I called "generic helpfulness" - I didn't call it buddying because I view buddying as targeting a specific player but the generic helpfulness is more a way to look like you're ~progressing the game~ particularly to newer players
You/um doesn't seem likely, but I'm not taking it off the table as a viable possibility at the moment.

Can you point at any posts of mine that look like they're progressing the game but actually aren't?
Firstly I'm not going to convince you you're scum so continuing to make me rehash my reasons isn't going to do much, just looks like you're trying to make me second guess my read on you which is :igmeou: since you're already in my compromise bucket. Secondly in your indepth analysis of me/um interactions which covered this topic, how did you miss where I give an example to him? if that doesn't suffice, all the posts I just quoted would also qualify
[/quote]

:thorface: I did not miss 398, as is imminently obvious in that I'm actively responding to it. In 398 you brought up a post that was specifically buddying Delta in an attempt to get him to dig deeper into his scumread of nsg and let me read him better. I was asking for posts where I was being 'generically helpful' in an attempt to get you to reevaluate your read on me, but also as a way of gauging your genuineness. There's this thing where I actually know my own alignment, so how you treat me is a thing that I can actually analyze with fewer variables to look at, and try to determine whether you are in fact reading me as scum because of my tone or whether you're faking your paranoia wrt me because, and this is me quoting you: "you replaced into my first scum game as my partner and won it for us viewtopic.php?t=72407, I'm sure there's a more recent time we've played together but that's the one that stuck in my brain".

Trying to convince you I'm town is not only something I absolutely should be doing as town, but an excellent way to figure out if you yourself are actually town, and the pushback over an attempt to engage is weird.

What do you think about my read on patch? Why are you so interested in specifically my thoughts about
your
buddy interactions, but haven't weighed in on any of the other ones? Presumably town you knows that all of those people aren't your buddy, so clearly asking about them is a waste of time, right?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 461, Dunnstral wrote: HEAL: Nsg's argument boiling down to "he's lurking so he's mafia" is bothering me and I'm trusting Bingle's analysis on pairings.
obvtown, we should all sheep this an put "Nsg's argument boiling down to "he's lurking so he's mafia" is bothering me and I'm trusting Bingle's analysis on pairings." in our coalitions.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: 470 again, but I fixed the tag
In post 470, Bingle wrote:
In post 463, Keychain wrote: Bingle I feel like you just went to a parallel dimension, none of your recent posts make any sense. I was feeling better about you but that feeling has tanked and I'm considering moving you to veto
immediately
As of the time of my research into N_M, he was not playing in any other games, so I assumed the post about deleting was nonsense trolling. I didn't bother checking, because checking would have spent more time than just asking the question.
No.
Why not?
First of all, attempting to engage someone about my read isn't necessarily an attempt to read them. It can also be an attempt to convince them of my read. Like when someone I think is town is voting to put someone I think is scum in the coalition, and I'm trying to convince them that's a bad idea. Is the premise here that me, thinking eiralox is wrongtown, should just... ignore that? Why?

:thorface: I did not miss 398, as is imminently obvious in that I'm actively responding to it. In 398 you brought up a post that was specifically buddying Delta in an attempt to get him to dig deeper into his scumread of nsg and let me read him better. I was asking for posts where I was being 'generically helpful' in an attempt to get you to reevaluate your read on me, but also as a way of gauging your genuineness. There's this thing where I actually know my own alignment, so how you treat me is a thing that I can actually analyze with fewer variables to look at, and try to determine whether you are in fact reading me as scum because of my tone or whether you're faking your paranoia wrt me because, and this is me quoting you: "you replaced into my first scum game as my partner and won it for us viewtopic.php?t=72407, I'm sure there's a more recent time we've played together but that's the one that stuck in my brain".

Trying to convince you I'm town is not only something I absolutely should be doing as town, but an excellent way to figure out if you yourself are actually town, and the pushback over an attempt to engage is weird.

What do you think about my read on patch? Why are you so interested in specifically my thoughts about
your
buddy interactions, but haven't weighed in on any of the other ones? Presumably town you knows that all of those people aren't your buddy, so clearly asking about them is a waste of time, right?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:23 am

Post by Eiralox »

--------------

Bingle
Dunnstral
KawaiiKame
Umlaut

------------

northsidegal
patchwork
Not_Mafia
KeyChain

---------------

Eiralox

-------------------------

My coalition is exactly Not_Mafia's.

Be very sure: This is no longer because I trust N_M. Rather, my problem right now is that I don't really trust anyone, I think the only read I'll say is even a townlean is on KeyChain.

My coalition exists exactly as it does in its current form because of who I
don't trust
. I'm having a very hard time trusting Bingle and Dunnstral, at all. Umlaut is going to be a very hard sell not gonna lie. KawaiiKame I almost had in 'don't know but can compromise category' but their latest post just gave me horrible horrible vibes.

I have to re-read, I have to interact and discuss, but wow yeah those under 'don't want et' really have given me the sort of vibes that I don't want near a coalition.

So as of now I have very little confidence in my coalition, but because I have actual confidence in my exclusion list it sort of is the coalition I have to stick with for now. The fact that it's also Not_Mafia's coalition makes me think me and N_M have very similar mindsets here when looking at people.

I hope I can be more helpful in the future.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 453, patchwork wrote:
In post 441, Bingle wrote: N_M is a coalition veto. So, patch has the positions of "Let's lim N_M", "Let's lim on Coalition" and "Let's ensure N_M is off Coalition".
..... what is the logic here
i want to make sure my coalition has zero scum in it and because i'm unsure of their alignment i don't want to have them in my coalition to play it safe
You see absolutely no issue with wanting to blindly policy eliminate someone because you're unsure of their alignment (Note: not scumreading) while knowing that if there is an elimination at all we should be eliminating on wagon? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.
In post 454, patchwork wrote:
In post 441, Bingle wrote: This, in the wake of me being obviously not consensus town, is a shift from buddying me to buddying Keychain. Like, the exact same treatment, just shifted from one player to another.
i wasn't buddying either of you? also lol it's almost as if i can't reread the thread and change my mind
Actually, looking back, I have to give you this one. I think it's just a tonal thing that's making me default to you buddying people being the case.
In post 455, patchwork wrote:
In post 441, Bingle wrote: I've moved to the top veto slot and the person patchwork wants to exclude most has become sheepworthy.
i'm not even sheeping? i'm just saying their reads align with my own lmao
Hm. I looked back again and it seems my impression here was wrong too. Other than N_M and myself, the two lists are actually fairly similar. Walk me through what changed your thoughts from exclude N_M to N_M in coalition in that timeframe.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”