Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4850 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4846, furtiveglance wrote: Yeah I'll become a good player by posting thumbs up dog

Get over yourself
In post 4847, furtiveglance wrote: The amount of players in this game and on this site who think they're the bees knees...
I'm not a good player. a Good player to me is RadiantCowbells, Regfan, and Llamarble. I think expect the average player to be as good as these players is insane.
I am above average. I think in a game I am likely to have above random reads. I may have been a time that I was the bees knees but now is not that time. I think Peak Alisae was before my selfban.
Average is who I think most of what the MS playerbase is.
and then there's below average and like bad.

I feel like you're blatantly disrespecting me here because I feel like I have a solid understanding of the game and when I see your play across games I feel like we have different views of the game and I feel like your view comes from someone who is more likely to be newer to the game and can still be developed.

Do you have an understanding of what your playstyle is?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4851 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4848, furtiveglance wrote: Probably the most toxic part of mafia: egos
I think I can easily see what I want to see even if I am wrong
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4852 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4838, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Bingle/Sheep/Furtive with outside of STD is my current view
I don't really get how bingle is tied into this btw.
I don't know if you explained it or not but I've really liked this posting this day phase
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4853 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

still just waiting on GL
To be clear: quack
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4854 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:38 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4853, SleepyKrew wrote: still just waiting on GL
Trynna play it cool by completely ignoring me...lol
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4855 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:50 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Do you think I’ve read any posts in this thread since my last one
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #4856 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:51 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Or any posts in this thread at all for that matter
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4857 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

And people would rather vote me than this^

Comedy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4858 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:35 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4856, SleepyKrew wrote: Or any posts in this thread at all for that matter
What are your reads
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4859 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4852, Alisae wrote: I don't really get how bingle is tied into this btw.
I don't know if you explained it or not but I've really liked this posting this day phase
Honestly I don't pay attention when LLD scumreads me in general, but me being a scumread here isn't a surprise at all.

Objectively, I have lead town down some pretty shitty paths (I was tunneled on Cakez D1 and didn't catch on to meowzers until he was basically outed, I led the crusade to lim xof based on their reaction to the slip conversation, I fought hard to get the Ircher elimination.) I don't think any of my reads have been unreasonable, but solely looking at results I'm having a really shitty comeback game. I'm not going to stop arguing my reads, but suspicions being thrown my way are not at all unwarranted imo.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4860 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Bingle what are your current reads now, apart from considering yourself scummy?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4861 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Bingle »

They haven't shifted a lot, tbh.

I'm pretty damn sure that LLd is town.

I think Skrew is town based on the arguments here:
In post 4245, Bingle wrote:
In post 4244, furtiveglance wrote: What's the argument then? That you would do the kill and the cop check if you were scum? I think you wouldn't.
The argument is that there are a lot of town power roles that straight up aren't going to be used on a claimed cop, like JK or roleblocker, and the slot is the least harmful to the scumteam if it goes down to a power role like watcher or rolestopper. The counterargument is "What about tracker?" But I don't think tracker is what scum were interested in playing around on night 2, given that I wasn't able to delay my funding claim to closer to deadline because of RL and 'really powerful role' being tracker would be hilarious given the tracker costs less than the JOAT to activate. Additionally, even in the case of Tracker, Skrewscum can just sit back and wait to see if LLD is going to announce a tracker guilty and at least try to duck the elim with "I was copping pooky." where no other person in the thread could possibly have been visiting anyone that night. Which, notably is not what Skrew did. And let's be clear: scumSkrew wouldn't need to do the cop check. Because scumSkrew would have this thing called access to the scum PT.

It's not a slam dunk towncase because there are reasons not-skrew would make the kill (being less aware of mechanical optimization choices than I expect being the big one) but it's 100% why LLD made the right choice of target with Skrew, even if potentially not the right choice of power.

Didn't I already say all of this?
I think at most one of GL/Ali is scum, and that there are reasons to consider that both may be town.

I think that sheep is the scummiest individual player, but that trying to convince the town to lim sheep and fund JOAT/JOAT/TRACK is a fool's errand.

I think that of the remaining three players (you, Uno, and kdowns) there are reasons to suspect all of you, but I don't have any particularly strong thoughts as to who is right to lim today and I'm feeling kind of demoralized on picking my own pushes since they've been pretty shit. At the moment I'm just kind of hanging back and seeing what happens to try to make some sense of why all of the people I think are scum are flipping town.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4862 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm getting cold feet on limming furtive from his posts recently today

I also do not like that kdowns post about "Alisae piggybacking on reads", that felt very shady and scummy

did we actually have consensus on funding plan? I know LLD suggested I WIFOM about it and Bingle suggested take full loan and mostly fund all the roles. I don't wanna be confused and do something that people might later think was scum-motivated or against the plan, so I wanna be explicit about what we agree on, even if it's explicitly choosing to WIFOM about a few options

I'm also not sure I understand Bingle math in . We have $125, I could take out a $200 loan for $325. funding 80/80/70 puts us at 230, what do I do with the extra $5 after we pay $90 to debt? and how does funding Mayor $80 mean $100 success rate?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4863 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry 100%* success rate not $100 success rate lol
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4864 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:45 am

Post by Bingle »

I typo'd in my spreadsheet and didn't realize it until Uno pointed it out. I had that post debt payment we'd have 230 written down, but didn't bother with a numbered correction post because philosophically nothing changed.

I don't think there's a consensus but this is still a good summation of the decent options:
In post 4730, Bingle wrote:
In post 4719, UNOwen wrote:
Is that right?
Yeah, that’s right. My full budget for the calculations was slightly off but it doesn’t have a huge impact on the results.

We can full fund two, in which case the third is basically useless.

We can full fund one expensive (cop) and have the other two at meh funding, in which case the JK is a poor option and you should have the funding.

We can full fund the cheapest (tracker) and have the other two be at reasonably high likelihood.

I’m in favor of the third option. I don’t think we really need to fund the cop above 90%($99) in any case, but I also like to play the odds.

Honestly at this point my vote is that you WIFOM between the three options because waiting around on the full consensus is just going to lead to a bigger slog and more replacements.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4865 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I guarantee if I get eliminated Bingle will waffle about mech all through ELO. What an automaton.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4866 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:58 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 4818, Alisae wrote: Sheep as well ig I don't think I quite understand what sheep's worldview is
uhhhh probably cuz I dont feel anything confidently enough to describe a worldview

generally the people ive trusted more are the biggest presences like GL, LLD, bingle, kindaaa u ish, and been more skeptical of the less-present

but I also think that doesnt seem right overall, like first >20% chance someone in that group is snowing me/us, just like no way the team is literally just a bunch of inactive like skrew uno STD

I was actually convinced / down to just do furtive today but I actually really liked that readlist

like my one holdback with furtive was that he was almost refraining from giving explanations for things, or some explanations were bum, so how can you know the thoughts are real

but those are just like, some solid explanations for things, like I want to believe they've been existing the whole time and weren't just come up with to now justify his existing reads
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4867 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:59 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

bro I keep thinking something and other ppl post it first and it looks like im bandwagoning onto something, fuck u guys
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4868 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:00 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Sheep, what

That list, and reading ppl's ISO's, literally changed/decided my current thoughts, so I haven't just gone and justified everything.

What explanations were 'bum'?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4869 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:01 am

Post by furtiveglance »

:!:
In post 4867, sheepsaysmeep wrote: bro I keep thinking something and other ppl post it first and it looks like im bandwagoning onto something, fuck u guys
It's called getting ninjaed
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4870 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:03 am

Post by furtiveglance »

:nerd:
In post 4865, furtiveglance wrote: I guarantee if I get eliminated Bingle will waffle about mech all through ELO. What an automaton.
My man is sounding like an AI language model
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4871 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:06 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4864, Bingle wrote: Honestly at this point my vote is that you WIFOM between the three options because waiting around on the full consensus is just going to lead to a bigger slog and more replacements.
I agree with the mayor
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4872 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4871, UNOwen wrote:
In post 4864, Bingle wrote: Honestly at this point my vote is that you WIFOM between the three options because waiting around on the full consensus is just going to lead to a bigger slog and more replacements.
I agree with the mayor
Considering this night action more important than voting or reads is +++scum.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4873 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:09 am

Post by UNOwen »

I'm way ahead of the curve and already voting
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4874 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4866, sheepsaysmeep wrote: but those are just like, some solid explanations for things, like I want to believe they've been existing the whole time and weren't just come up with to now justify his existing reads
Sheep coming in with solid takes like furtive's read reset justifies all the reads that were left behind prior to the reset and then taking the stance that someone ninja'd that insanity is the real mood this game, tbh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”