Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4925 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Bingle »

I mean, if you're town here then just take the post for what it is. LLD absolutely is accurately representing her thoughts, regardless of her alignment and anything further trying to discredit that is just going to put her on tilt and make her miserable. I know that much from interacting with her as a mod.

Is it possible you're town and you don't realize the effect you're having here? Sure. But take it from me that this is 100% real from her.
Is it possible you're scum and playing to win? Sure. It is, theoretically, the highest EV path to take to put her on tilt and thus deal with her contributions.

But I don't think you realize how hard she takes it in either case, and any insinuation that she's faking her emotions is just going to throw fuel on that fire.

At this point, I don't think you're going to convince her you're town. Your best bet is to solve outside of that (which to be fair, you did with your reads list) and try to convince the people you actually have a chance to convince instead of engaging with LLD's arguments. Walk me through why Skrew wouldn't be likely to make the kill as scum. Sell me on the sheep townread. As far as I can tell the core of the read seems to be that he's not scum with me, which... Well, yeah.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4926 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:27 am

Post by furtiveglance »

No, the sheep townread was based on them not being scum with UNOwen for flagging that he was most likely to have bussed.

SKrew wouldn't be likely to make the kill as scum because...why would he? I read your big post but I didn't agree with any of the points
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4927 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Bingle »

Okay, in the interest of hashing this out let's say skrew is scum.

Do you disagree that Skrew was probably the most expendable slot scum had there?
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4928 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:48 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 4862, GuiltyLion wrote: I also do not like that kdowns post about "Alisae piggybacking on reads", that felt very shady and scummy
Please explain to me how that is the case? I was pointing out one of several things that Alisae has done that has given me the biggest ick in reading them.
Alisae is literally trying to get information without giving any information and has just come off as just spewing out fluff.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4929 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4831, Alisae wrote:
In post 4830, kdowns wrote: You'll have my reads tomorrow, but I also don't think it's that good of a look to be trying to piggy back off of reads
Really? I disagree.
Ig you can see this as piggybacking but tbh this is just how I like to approach the game and I feel like this kind of statement makes me think you don't really understand the intent behind what it is I'm doing. I don't mind explaining it.

I am town from my perspective, just like how from you're perspective you are town, furtive's perspective he is town, lld's perspective she is town, gl's perspective they are town.
From our own perspective's we are all town. Town can see a perspective that only they can see. We all have our own truths.

What I'm looking for is I'm trying to understand who is working together, who isn't and is just doing their own thing, as well as who is just playing their own game compared to who is playing to attempt to cross the finish line.

Something I'm always trying to think about in the back of my mind is "What do I think wolves want to do in this current gamestate"
My current suspicion is that Furtive feels easy, so I'm looking around to see who Furtive could potentially be a wolf with based on what people are doing currently.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4930 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Alisae »

If you don’t care that you’re saying my playstyle is wolfy then ya ig you’re just a wolf and the team is furtive-kdowns-sheep
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4931 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Alisae »

Like it’s like u didn’t read my post or care about what I had to say
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4932 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:06 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4830, kdowns wrote:
In post 4824, Alisae wrote: I would prefer to take my time with this and I don't think I need to form a definitive stance on you on the current moment.

I'm trying to identify how wolves are positioning themselves during this day.
kdowns provided a little bit but not much and I really have an understanding on what sheep currently thinks
You'll have my reads tomorrow, but I also don't think it's that good of a look to be trying to piggy back off of reads
Reads tomorrow btw
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #4933 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:17 am

Post by kdowns »

Nah I clearly see that this starting to at least lead to a Ali-Fur team at the minimum, seems like you are both content on ganging up on a player who just got into this game a few days ago, and is taking his time to sift through all the different BS that has been spewed in this game.

If you really do want my reads right now

From most Scummy to least
Furitive
Alisae
Bingle
Unowen
GL
Sheep
Skrew
LLD
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #4934 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:18 am

Post by kdowns »

Also I do not play mafia that often, this is my first game in a couple of years. So I am not going to be the most articulate person to begin with, and when there is just shy of 200 pages it's a lot of information to go through.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4935 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Alisae »

I was not beating you up in 4831 and 4832. When I saw ur post I thought you just didn’t understand the intent of what I’m doing, now I think you just don’t care.
In fact I think furtive even thinks you’re town? What is happening isn’t actually lining up with what you’re saying here.

I wouldn’t say he’s trying to beat you up here.

Me personally I think you don’t care about trying to see my perspective or see where I’m coming from.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4936 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4934, kdowns wrote: Also I do not play mafia that often, this is my first game in a couple of years. So I am not going to be the most articulate person to begin with, and when there is just shy of 200 pages it's a lot of information to go through.
Why do you need to read 200 pages to engage with the me who’s engaging with you saying that I’m piggybacking
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4937 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4927, Bingle wrote: Okay, in the interest of hashing this out let's say skrew is scum.

Do you disagree that Skrew was probably the most expendable slot scum had there?
If I'm being honest, I'm not sure a scumteam without you on it would think about optimal nightkill stuff.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4938 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Alisae »

I feel like your piggyback comment comes from either town who lacks understanding of what my intent or how I want to play with or a wolf who’s just finding things they think are scummy to attack.

I want to have a conversation about it.
You don’t need to be able to articulate yourself clearly or read 200 pages to engage with me here
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4939 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:36 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4933, kdowns wrote: Nah I clearly see that this starting to at least lead to a Ali-Fur team at the minimum, seems like you are both content on ganging up on a player who just got into this game a few days ago, and is taking his time to sift through all the different BS that has been spewed in this game.

Furitive
Alisae
Bingle
Unowen
GL
Sheep
Skrew
LLD
I called you town. Are you not reading?
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #4940 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:04 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 4938, Alisae wrote: I feel like your piggyback comment comes from either town who lacks understanding of what my intent or how I want to play with or a wolf who’s just finding things they think are scummy to attack.

I want to have a conversation about it.
You don’t need to be able to articulate yourself clearly or read 200 pages to engage with me here
I am just saying how I saw it, I saw you trying to piggy back off of people and I wanted to call it out. I don't see how me doing so should be scum indicative. I rubbed me the wrong way as I briefly glanced at it and thought it should be brought to attention.
In post 4939, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4933, kdowns wrote: Nah I clearly see that this starting to at least lead to a Ali-Fur team at the minimum, seems like you are both content on ganging up on a player who just got into this game a few days ago, and is taking his time to sift through all the different BS that has been spewed in this game.

Furitive
Alisae
Bingle
Unowen
GL
Sheep
Skrew
LLD
Your point is? Just because you think I am town can't mean that I don't think you're scum.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4941 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:07 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4940, kdowns wrote: I am just saying how I saw it, I saw you trying to piggy back off of people and I wanted to call it out. I don't see how me doing so should be scum indicative. I rubbed me the wrong way as I briefly glanced at it and thought it should be brought to attention.
You're reading my playstyle as wolf!indicative. This by itself isn't wolf indicative, town can do it too. It's the not engaging what I have to say and talking over me that is cuz that comes across as you not trying to have the right read on me
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4942 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4940, kdowns wrote:
In post 4939, furtiveglance wrote:

Furitive
Alisae
Bingle
Unowen
GL
Sheep
Skrew
LLD
Your point is? Just because you think I am town can't mean that I don't think you're scum.
You said me and Alisae are both ganging up on you...
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4943 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 4937, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4927, Bingle wrote: Okay, in the interest of hashing this out let's say skrew is scum.

If I'm being honest, I'm not sure a scumteam without you on it would think about optimal nightkill stuff.
:neutral: How would you decide who would make the kill? Like, it’s a decision that would literally have to have been made, so it’s a pretty safe assumption that someone made it.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4944 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Just likelihood of being tracked, but most nights Tracker hasn't even been on the table
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4945 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by Bingle »

But on the night in question a scumteam had to play around “a powerful role”, which to me definitely means they’d be worried about whether they could be tracked or watched or blocked or what have you.

And in any of those cases it seems obvious that skrew was either the right player to sacrifice (indirect investigators) or the player least likely to be targeted(blocking roles). With the sole obvious exception being specifically tracker, which explicitly was not funded as an option.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4946 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry y'all I had a hectic weekend and been scared to think about this game

I'm gonna mull it over a bit today and submit funding this afternoon or evening and actually do stuff
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4947 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

but yeah I think I'm ultimately on board with furtive lim

so will get to this ASAP later today

we're launching (or trying to) a big think at work today so once I'm through the aftermath of that I will fund and vote
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4948 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:29 am

Post by furtiveglance »

You're on board with town losing mate
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4949 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:45 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4947, GuiltyLion wrote: launching (or trying to) a big think at work today
Good luck with the launch!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”