Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:34 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 543, northsidegal wrote: for the record so far i am townreading you by play. your exclusion is mostly just me going with consensus,
Me too!

Also, the townread of NM didn’t come from nowhere, FWIW. I explained why it exists and it showed up pretty much immediately after NM started having reads that weren’t “x is scum because I say so”.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:37 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 534, patchwork wrote:
In post 533, Keychain wrote: We have less than four days remaining so at this point I'll take anything that doesn't contain kawaii or dunn to avoid day ending without elimination if coalition fails
Seconded
In post 538, patchwork wrote: Eira not to pocket you please don’t take this as pocketing but I would follow you to the ends of the fucking earth. Literally your vibes are SO on point. You want me to vote someone? Sure. I’ll even help you scumcase them.
These are exactly what give me the bad vibes from patch, fwiw.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:40 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 549, Umlaut wrote:
In post 545, Eiralox wrote:I don't like how Bingle and Umlaut have been acting. The sudden N_M heal? Bingle EXCLUDING THEMSELF over N_M, Umlaut doing the same?

This rush Umlaut suddenly has for this spesific coalition after Bingle has it?

Both of them reek like having foreknowledge that this coalition fails. Especialy Umlaut, already sharpening teeth for the elim.
And now that nsg is on board, with the pivot on trusting umlaut and keychain......
I actually think this coalition has a good chance of winning because everyone on it looks pretty town to me, and I have no idea what I will do next if it fails. What do you mean sharpening teeth for the elim?

I'm trying to rush because we are already nearly two days past the point where I would have liked to have a coalition finalized.
I tend to be reachy in my analyses. Plenty of times I'm wrong. what do you think about about a binlge/northsidegal scumteam?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm pretty much taking as given that NSG is town so I don't think much of it. What makes you suspect her?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:44 am

Post by Bingle »

As a thought experiment, eir, what do you think makes sense if I’m town?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 554, Bingle wrote: As a thought experiment, eir, what do you think makes sense if I’m town?
Specifically, all of your scumhunting seems to originate from the wrong assumption that I’m scum. It all seems to be about looking for my scum partner, which is something that absolutely cannot exist.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 553, Umlaut wrote: I'm pretty much taking as given that NSG is town so I don't think much of it. What makes you suspect her?
Honestly I just strongly feel there's a possibility they're not. They had an exclusion list, you and keychain, now that you, key and bingle are locked in, the lock you in, also Not_Mafia. Sure.... we have to form a coalition, but rn the only person I feel had natural progression on including N_M is keychain.

At first nsg's tone felt good(as did yours) but later it's sort of the same with bingle, a lot of content but I really don't get the investigative and uncertain vibes I usually associate with town.

Then there's the Bingle associatives, the way Bingle acted when I removed you and nsg was just too weird. would scum have a kneejerk reaction like that? my feel at the time was bingle/umlaut likely, because if neither of you in then you're done. now i feel bingle might already know that coalition fails because buddy nsg is in there, bingle sort of might 'townspew' buddy nsg by saying yeah they're getting nk'd.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:55 am

Post by patchwork »

FUCK i accidentally reloaded the tab when i was typing up a longpost
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:56 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 551, Bingle wrote:
In post 534, patchwork wrote:
In post 533, Keychain wrote: We have less than four days remaining so at this point I'll take anything that doesn't contain kawaii or dunn to avoid day ending without elimination if coalition fails
Seconded
In post 538, patchwork wrote: Eira not to pocket you please don’t take this as pocketing but I would follow you to the ends of the fucking earth. Literally your vibes are SO on point. You want me to vote someone? Sure. I’ll even help you scumcase them.
These are exactly what give me the bad vibes from patch, fwiw.
How
The first one is just expressing that I feel the same, Keychain said it before me
The second one is just true
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 554, Bingle wrote: As a thought experiment, eir, what do you think makes sense if I’m town?
In post 555, Bingle wrote:
Specifically, all of your scumhunting seems to originate from the wrong assumption that I’m scum. It all seems to be about looking for my scum partner, which is something that absolutely cannot exist.
I'm tunneled for now. Sure, dunn and kawaii decent scum picks, but heck this is a coalition game. politics 101: speak the loudest and the most, be as general but persuasive as possible, and many might flock to your banner.

My read on you is not wholly based on your partner btw. I've said many time I'm getting a non-townie vibe from you and many things you said read like TMI scum-perspective(trust Eira for today, very sure this coalition fails, and same with nsg: I feel your sudden mirror of umlaut/keychain coalitions might be very very convenient just to get a failed coalition through as fast as possible. I'm starting to feel Umlaut might look better in this regard.

I also touched on your patchwork case, no offene but for me it read like case for sake of case to exclude townie from coalition.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Eiralox »

I might end up: HEALING Umlaut instead of Dunnstral

I'm willing to compromise on: Eira, N_M, patchwork, keychain, Umlaut

But I know removing northsidegal from coalition will be hard sell
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:00 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 558, patchwork wrote:

How
The first one is just expressing that I feel the same, Keychain said it before me
Yeah honestly like with the N_M stuff my feel is this isn't a genuine town push on you from Bingle.

*shrug*

I'm wrong plenty of times reading ppl on tone and intent though so I'm not sure patch. working off gut here and might be very wrong.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:04 am

Post by Eiralox »

HURT: Dunnstral
HEAL: Umlaut

I'll do it because I doubt anyone heals Dunsstral today even tho they have a decent chance to flip town actually.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 559, Eiralox wrote: Sure, dunn and kawaii decent scum picks, but heck this is a coalition game.
I explicitly agree that they're not scum together, and in fact think that if one is scum it's with someone who is fairly widely townread.

I'd be willing to swap to Dunn over patchwork in a pinch, or over nsg or Umlaut, but honestly that seems like the opposite direction of consensus. My major issue here is that you seem to be presuming my guilt first and then looking to build scumreads that fit that world. For the greater good it might be better to lim me first even with me off coalition to rip you out of this tunnel, because as it is I don't see you reevaluating and I think your tunnel single handedly loses us the game. (No offense to your skill, but I am kind of informed about my own alignment here.)

WRT the patchcase, I straight up admit a lot of it was bias and wrong, but I do seriously get major scum vibes from their posting.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:34 am

Post by patchwork »

ah, yes, vibes
the most convincing argument a guy could ever have
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:34 am

Post by Bingle »

How do I think you're tonally off? Because I read that post and think this is tonally off. The first is "let's just get the coalition over" which is something that needs to be done sure, but isn't in any way a town indicative thought. The second is "Hey, I'm not buddying you, but I'm going to sheep you." which while it could come from town could just as easily come from scum hiding behind a townie who is just wrong. I happen to know that Eir's entire worldview here is based on something that's just wrong.

Why do you think I should be townreading you? What have you done this game that scum you doesn't do?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 564, patchwork wrote: ah, yes, vibes
Ah yes, discrediting the person reading you. The most convincing argument a guy could ever have.

See, I can throw bullshit shade at a wall too.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Bingle »

In one last appeal to sanity, Eir, read my ISO. See that my goal here hasn't been to include a player on the coalition that I myself am not a part of, but rather to exclude ONE specific player. That's not how scum wins this setup. That's a player with a legitimate read, no matter how poorly explained.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:41 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 566, Bingle wrote:
In post 564, patchwork wrote: ah, yes, vibes
Ah yes, discrediting the person reading you. The most convincing argument a guy could ever have.

See, I can throw bullshit shade at a wall too.
you're supposed to laugh goddamn
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:42 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 565, Bingle wrote:
How do I think you're tonally off? Because I read that post and think this is tonally off. The first is "let's just get the coalition over" which is something that needs to be done sure, but isn't in any way a town indicative thought. The second is "Hey, I'm not buddying you, but I'm going to sheep you." which while it could come from town could just as easily come from scum hiding behind a townie who is just wrong. I happen to know that Eir's entire worldview here is based on something that's just wrong.

Why do you think I should be townreading you? What have you done this game that scum you doesn't do?
townread me because i'm town lol
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:45 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 563, Bingle wrote:
In post 559, Eiralox wrote: Sure, dunn and kawaii decent scum picks, but heck this is a coalition game.
For the greater good it might be better to lim me first even with me off coalition to rip you out of this tunnel, because as it is I don't see you reevaluating and I think your tunnel single handedly loses us the game. (No offense to your skill, but I am kind of informed about my own alignment here.)

I'm not voting you today because if you're town you're trying and your broad sweeping analyses can aid town.

However, I remain convinced there's a scum angle to your play and many of the things you said can in fact come from a scum alignment-informed perspective.

Saying 'your tunnel on me auto-loses this game' is one hell of a stretch by the way and will not ease my read on you. There are 9 players, 7 tomorrow. This game isn't 'hey everyone let's listen and believe everything eira says', I don't want it to be, so this statement is on the whole quite weird.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:48 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 567, Bingle wrote: In one last appeal to sanity, Eir, read my ISO. See that my goal here hasn't been to include a player on the coalition that I myself am not a part of, but rather to exclude ONE specific player. That's not how scum wins this setup. That's a player with a legitimate read, no matter how poorly explained.
Don't appeal to my sanity, that's a losing bet. My coalition with patch included has little chance to go through as of now way I see it, so I'm not sure what you want from me.

I like working in patterns and for now bingle/umlaut bingle/northsidegal are patterns I can work with.

My mind can change. Overall that might take some time though.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:51 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 570, Eiralox wrote: There are 9 players, 7 tomorrow.
if coalition fails lol. yeah i'm getting sorta pessimistic about a success maybe so later gators : )
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 570, Eiralox wrote: Saying 'your tunnel on me auto-loses this game' is one hell of a stretch by the way and will not ease my read on you. There are 9 players, 7 tomorrow. This game isn't 'hey everyone let's listen and believe everything eira says', I don't want it to be, so this statement is on the whole quite weird.
Is it? Say the coalition doesn't work (which I'm actually pretty happy about it working now, tbh, based on patch's response here). You want to eliminate umlaut because you think he's my partner. You want to eliminate nsg because you think she's my partner. How much of a stretch is it that scum will capitalize on you trying to eliminate anyone who even so much as looks like they might be my partner for free miseliminations?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:00 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 571, Eiralox wrote: I'm not sure what you want from me.
Explicitly, I want you in a place where you're willing to think about what the world looks like if I'm town, and I don't think that happens without my elimination if this coalition does fail. I'll take a guaranteed miselim over multiple likely ones.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”