Open 93 - Near Vanilla: Game Over, Mafia Win!

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:05 am

Post by mykonian »

luckily I'm not a lurker!

I'm really not liking darox's play. He seems obvious scum to me. I'll make a case later.
I am going to assume for now that kuribo, has, and Knight are town. They are the only ones that play reasonably. If one of them is scum, this game is lost anyway. The other people are just not participating like they should.

The case on darox will come shortly.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:48 am

Post by kuribo »

mykonian wrote: I am going to assume for now that kuribo, has, and Knight are town. They are the only ones that play reasonably.

me? reasonable?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

ahahahahahahahahaha
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 am

Post by mykonian »

First, I know mafiassk is a horrible player, but getting him to l-2 that soon...

and as a jokevote I would accept it, but to go for it serious darox?
Darox wrote:I just want to see MafiaSSK hang like the lurker scum he is.

MafiaSSK voters
1: Darox - Devilishly handsome. Votes MafiaSSK for being lurker scum.
2: Doktor Per - Implies heavily that his vote was dice based.
3: ChaosOmega - Calls MafiaSSK the obvious lynch for today.
4:
thegeckoj - States meta and that lurking is antitown at best. Also mentions that not having the game in watched topics is somehow suspicious.
5: retrowiz - Implies that MafiaSSK is not playing the game.

People questioning MafiaSSK wagon
- 3 votes
1: retrowiz - Asks why MafiaSSK is at L-3 on page one
2: Sineish - States that game has been open for only 24 hours and doesn't prove SSK is lurking yet.
3: killa seven - Asks if the SSK wagon is a joke.
4:
Sineish - Votes Doktor Per because he is the only one who stated a random reason for voting SSK but has been calling for a bandwagon.
5: Lurker Scum - Asks Darox if he has bothered to meta about his lurking scummy habits.
6: ZazieR - Thinks the meta on the self admitted lurker scum is a joke reason to vote.
- 5 votes
7:
ZazieR - Thinks Lurker Scum should be given a chance. Then goes on to say that lynching him would be bad because then the scum would get a night kill.
8: Armlx - Says day one lurker quicklynches are bad.
9: Gamma - States that the wagon is only alive because it is on lurker scum. Also mirrors Armlx's stance on quicklynches.
10:
Sineish - Defends SSK, stating that he is not lurking because he has posted 3 one liners.
11: killa seven - Doesn't think SSK's meta counts and won't pursue him unless he starts making scummy posts. Given SSK's tendency to lurk this seems foolhardy.

Unvote, Vote Sineish, FoS ZazieR & thegeckoj

We can always lynch lurker scum later on.
You are actually accusing everyone for attacking your point of lynching a lurker, no matter what. You really think you can get away with that?
Darox wrote:Sineish is the person I found most suspicious out of the SSK wagon, but you are giving an interesting response to the votes upon you, and you were the person I found most suspicious after Sineish. Of course I want a bandwagon to start on you.
that was end page four, and sineish was never on SSK. But I think gecko was also good to your needs, wasn't he?
Darox wrote:I did not vote MafiaSSK randomly.
that's why you are antitown. Thank you for admitting it.
Darox wrote:Now now, we wouldn't just get a bit more time for him to claim, we would also become less appealing to replacements.

I see absolutely no reason to extend this day further, unless you bring up compelling reasons to look into someone not named gecko.
You like it when it is dark?
Darox wrote:
Darox wrote: MafiaSSK voters
1: Darox - Devilishly handsome. Votes MafiaSSK for being lurker scum.
4:
thegeckoj - States meta and that lurking is antitown at best. Also mentions that not having the game in watched topics is somehow suspicious.
Unvote, Vote Sineish, FoS ZazieR & thegeckoj
Darox wrote:Gecko is the #2 suspect in my rundown of the SSK wagon. I can dig this wagon.

Unvote, Vote thegeckoj
Darox wrote:Sineish is the person I found most suspicious out of the SSK wagon, but you are giving an interesting response to the votes upon you, and you were the person I found most suspicious after Sineish. Of course I want a bandwagon to start on you.
Looking at my posts could have told you pretty easily.
here in post 233, you are explaining your reasons for your votes. I'm sorry, but I don't see them. Saying someone is scummy is not a reason. And you admit this is your case. You have done nothing in the whole game.

lurking around page 15, but that is hardly a scumtell in this game.
Darox wrote:Yawn.

The crowd wants to see some blood spilled, release the lions already.
If you don't do anything, nothing is going to happen. BTW, translate this as: I'm sleepy, can we get to night and let me kill someone.

Day two, being short, brought me on track of darox. He had always been in favour of a gecko lynch, but suddenly, day 2, he chooses to stay of the lynch. His opinion of gecko never changed, he wanted gecko to be lynched, but didn't vote him. A break with his previous strategy.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Darox wrote:I personally think gecko hanging around is just going to keep disrupting any other discussion.
Because it's completely impossible to, say, unvote and take a look at some other players, preventing some angry idiot jumping in with the hammer (Hey kuribo), isn't it?
I hate it when people say "Lynch XXX, then we can talk about someone else - but not before". Seems so scummy.

Looking at RBT and retrowiz - if this was Day One, I'd be advocating both their deaths simply to get rid of two fairly scummy players who, if they are town, are just doing the scum's job for them.
I'd go so far as to speculate that the scum are keeping them around simply to create this confusion and tunneling of discussion.

So, to liven things up a bit, and because I don't like the way he's changed his attitude to MafiaSSK and teh fact he essentially refused to discuss any lynch other than that of gecko,
Vote: Darox
darox's reaction:
Darox wrote:It's also pretty easy to replace in after it's all happened and scold people for mislynches.

Gecko not only managed to get to L-1 day one, but he also managed to dodge the noose through a sudden shift towards afatchic. The evidence pointed towards him being scum, and trying to find alternate scum when you've got someone scummy as heck sitting right in front of you does not make sense.

Why should we have gone for a second best candidate instead of gecko yesterday KoC?

It wasn't a "Well, X and Y are both pretty scummy" situation, where I'll grant you saying "We need to lynch X before we think about Y" is bad.

It was more of a "X is overwhelmingly scummy and no one else is" situation, and saying "We shouldn't lynch him" smacks of trying to get a buddy out of a second lynch. Even if it is done with town intentions, day one and afatchic is evidence enough that it doesn't work.
a. you were accused of your obsession with ssk, and the lynch of gecko (where you stayed of). The answer you give is: "Don't look at me because of the mislynches".
b. you create a reason to vote for every town person that points out that a vote on a player is wrong. Vote me already, if I see it, I'm going to do it.
c. its a shame that your first non-oneliner post is a defence that doesn't defend you against the accusations.
Darox wrote:Remember people, a vote for MafiaSSK is a vote for justice in this world.
reasons except he is a lurker?
Darox wrote:I wasn't aware I was lurking in this game.

In other news,
Vote: Retrowiz

This vote has reasons.
a. we were aware...
b. that is something that you have reasons. a pity you didn't bother to post them...

conclusion: you are a lurker, sometimes an active lurker. You have never, in the whole game posted reasons for any of your votes. You are antitown in your play.
vote darox

maybe I try to post a case on someone else, probably doktor.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Reasonable? Well, that made my day. Me and kuribo being called reasonable, wow. That IS a first.
In other news:
Vote: Darox
This vote has reasons, and mykonian nailed them on the head.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 am

Post by mykonian »

I know darox is here somewhere too, let's see what his reaction is...
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Darox »

Ho ho ho ho ho.
mykonian wrote:First, I know mafiassk is a horrible player, but getting him to l-2 that soon...

and as a jokevote I would accept it, but to go for it serious darox?
Is EVERY replacement going to think I'm serious about MafiaSSK?
Anyway.
mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote:Darox's look at people on and off the wagon
You are actually accusing everyone for attacking your point of lynching a lurker, no matter what. You really think you can get away with that?
Uhhh. Finding three people's actions suspicious is attacking everyone?
I don't think you understand that I only thought the bolded points were suspicious, and that I was listing every single vote on mafiassk and post against the mafiassk wagon.
mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote:Darox's awesome post about Sineish and Gecko
that was end page four, and sineish was never on SSK. But I think gecko was also good to your needs, wasn't he?
I know Sineish was never on MafiaSSK. Thats WHY I found him suspicious, because of the ways in which he defended MafiaSSK.
mykonian wrote:
Oh my.

I better give it up then, if you said I am antitown.
No but really, why is it antitown again?
mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote:Now now, we wouldn't just get a bit more time for him to claim, we would also become less appealing to replacements.

I see absolutely no reason to extend this day further, unless you bring up compelling reasons to look into someone not named gecko.
You like it when it is dark?
What is with this conception that wanting to end the day is something mafia only want because then they get a kill?

No really, it doesn't make any sense.

mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote: Darox's sarcastic response to afatchic
here in post 233, you are explaining your reasons for your votes. I'm sorry, but I don't see them. Saying someone is scummy is not a reason. And you admit this is your case. You have done nothing in the whole game.
I didn't spell it out for everyone, but he was scummy for joining a large early bandwagon for pretty poor reasons.

As for "done nothing this game" try looking again.
mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote:Yawn.

The crowd wants to see some blood spilled, release the lions already.
If you don't do anything, nothing is going to happen. BTW, translate this as: I'm sleepy, can we get to night and let me kill someone.
Once again, what is with this conception that wanting to end the day is something mafia only want because then they get a kill?

No really, I'm dying to know.

mykonian wrote:Day two, being short, brought me on track of darox. He had always been in favour of a gecko lynch, but suddenly, day 2, he chooses to stay of the lynch. His opinion of gecko never changed, he wanted gecko to be lynched, but didn't vote him. A break with his previous strategy.
Strategy?

Anyway, I chose to stay off the lynch because by the time I was going to vote he was already at L-1 and I was hesitant about ending the day asap, in case anybody was going to comment on the night kills or anyone else they felt was suspicious. For someone who attacked me for not wanting the protracted day 1 one to continue it's parody of life, you seem to be leading a double standard here.
mykonian wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:KoC complaining about Darox being part of the Gecko quick lynch day 2 when Darox never voted day 2
darox's reaction:
Darox wrote:Darox explaining why KoC is doing it wrong.
a. you were accused of your obsession with ssk, and the lynch of gecko (where you stayed of). The answer you give is: "Don't look at me because of the mislynches".
b. you create a reason to vote for every town person that points out that a vote on a player is wrong. Vote me already, if I see it, I'm going to do it.
c. its a shame that your first non-oneliner post is a defence that doesn't defend you against the accusations.
A: Wrong. My answer was "Gecko was exceedingly scummy and I'm not going to apologize for thinking he was scum" The mislynches comment was because KoC chided me and everyone else for mislynching two suspicious townies while he wasn't even the playing.
B: Uhhh..... What are you trying to say here? What words of mine are you even trying to rebut?
C: Except it's not. Please try reading the thread again, only this time, open your eyes. Thanks.
mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote:Remember people, a vote for MafiaSSK is a vote for justice in this world.
reasons except he is a lurker?
Because his name is MafiaSSK and he is my gimmick for today.
mykonian wrote:
Darox wrote:I wasn't aware I was lurking in this game.

In other news,
Vote: Retrowiz

This vote has reasons.
a. we were aware...
b. that is something that you have reasons. a pity you didn't bother to post them...
Oh my. Someone wants to know my reasons for a vote. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

No I didn't post my reasons, and I don't intend too unless I feel a pressing need too.
mykonian wrote:conclusion: you are a lurker, sometimes an active lurker. You have never, in the whole game posted reasons for any of your votes. You are antitown in your play.
vote darox
Except I have contributed and I have posted reasons for some of my votes.

Oops?

--

Conclusion: Swing and a miss.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:45 am

Post by retrowiz »

unvote. vote Darox

this vote has it's reasons...
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:06 am

Post by mykonian »

I'm sorry, school took more time then expected. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow I'm going to react at darox.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:29 am

Post by mykonian »

Korts, I'm never going to believe you again, but anyway.

people that just vote, with not giving reasons, open the options for scum to vote anyone they want without ever caring about getting called at it. That's why I want every town player to post the reasons why he voted somebody, so scum has to fake it. Bad reasons = scum.

You don't want to give reasons, because you don't have any. You voted ssk for being a lurker, say now it was a joke, yet:
Darox wrote:
mykonian wrote:
Oh my.

I better give it up then, if you said I am antitown.
No but really, why is it antitown again?
because you admit it was not a joke. contradiction, scum :)

a. you vote for a known lurker.
b. you actually want him to be lynched
c. you lie about it.

wrong course of action. Just let him be replaced, like happened now. Normally, longer day's benefit town, but you want to end them. I know it dragged, but a series of one-liners about lynching lurker-scum-ssk and can we finally end this day, is really not contributing.

and now you claim you wanted day 2 to be longer, and that was why you kept out of the wagon... No way! when you want the day to be longer, you tell the people to hold there votes, to have some discussion first. Reread it people, Darox never did that. He only asked for more votes, while he stayed of himself.

You'll have to wait for my opinion of other players, has been a tiring day for me.
unvote
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Korts »

mykonian wrote:Korts, I'm never going to believe you again, but anyway.
But I
will
love you for ever and ever! And the player list
is
nice.

Vote Count coming up.
Last edited by Korts on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Korts »

Fifth Third Day Vote Count

(2) Darox- Knight of Cydonia, retrowiz

(1) Riceballtail- kuribo
(1) retrowiz- Riceballtail
(1) kuribo- populartajo

not voting:
killa seven, hascow, Darox, mykonian
Last edited by Korts on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Korts »

Prodded hascow and populartajo. This is hascow's second, pop's first.
scumchat never die
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 am

Post by mykonian »

Korts wrote:
mykonian wrote:Korts, I'm never going to believe you again, but anyway.
And the player list
is
nice.
So you knew exactly what I was talking about :)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Korts »

Well, the
list
is nice.
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

retrowiz wrote:
unvote. vote Darox

Mind explaining them? This looks like just following mykonian.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Darox »

mykonian wrote:You don't want to give reasons, because you don't have any.
Because I don't want to give them away and I want to see what they do in reaction. But nice try.
mykonian wrote:You voted ssk for being a lurker, say now it was a joke, yet:
because you admit it was not a joke. contradiction, scum :)

a. you vote for a known lurker.
b. you actually want him to be lynched
c. you lie about it.

wrong course of action. Just let him be replaced, like happened now. Normally, longer day's benefit town, but you want to end them. I know it dragged, but a series of one-liners about lynching lurker-scum-ssk and can we finally end this day, is really not contributing.
Completely fail to understand sarcasm. I really need to look into using [joke] tags more often.

Riddle me this. If I was trying to get mafiaSSK lynched for joke reasons then pass it off as a bit of fun, why did I
derail the lynch myself
by unvoting and posting analyses of everyone else who joined the lynch as well as the people who opposed it?
mykonian wrote:and now you claim you wanted day 2 to be longer, and that was why you kept out of the wagon... No way! when you want the day to be longer, you tell the people to hold there votes, to have some discussion first. Reread it people, Darox never did that. He only asked for more votes, while he stayed of himself.
No, I didn't ask for more votes, thanks. Please try to actually read what I say and ignore the temptation to make stuff up. Nor did I want the day to be "longer". Day one was long, and half of it was filled with fluff. I wanted to see if anyone was going to discuss anything that wasn't about lynching gecko. Which, incidentally, is what I said during day 2.

Please try to keep up.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by kuribo »

I've never liked the whole meta of "lolol vote somebody this vote has reasons lolol"

It reeks of laziness and stifles discussion when people aren't expected to share why they're doing something.*

* this doesn't mean I'm above doing it, because I've totally done it too. BUT I HATED MYSELF FOR IT :P
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Korts »

Deadline is December 12th, when I check in. That's two weeks from now on Friday.
scumchat never die
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by killa seven »

Pops lurking concerns me.. he never lurks.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

killa seven wrote:Pops lurking concerns me.. he never lurks.
I disagree. I've seen him do it before.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:36 am

Post by mykonian »

Should I become a lurker too?

I'm sorry, but why is it accepted?
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:54 am

Post by retrowiz »

hasdgfas wrote:
retrowiz wrote:
unvote. vote Darox

Mind explaining them? This looks like just following mykonian.
actually it's following Darox.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:58 am

Post by populartajo »

I am back. Had very limited access yesterday. I think I am not going to be able to post from work anymore. :(
Wll give you my thoughts this night.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Darox »

populartajo wrote:I am back. Had very limited access yesterday. I think I am not going to be able to post from work anymore. :(
Wll give you my thoughts this night.
Just remember to follow the tradition.

All replacements into a game with Darox must find him scummy somehow in their reread.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:02 am

Post by populartajo »

Heh, Ill keep this in mind.
K7, whats that with I never lurk? Nice Shot much?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”