Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/She || He

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Hell Froze Over »

In post 447, Hugir wrote: Hey guys I grabbed a really cute avatar uwu I hope you liek it
Though, do love the badass avatar

-Drew
Hydra of biancospino and Doctor Drew.
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:39 pm

In post 449, Hell Froze Over wrote:
In post 448, Enchant wrote:
In post 442, Hugir wrote:
In post 194, BlueSnakelet wrote: Wait, this has already started?

@Narration, I did not receive a daystart PM.

Wait a sec while I read the thread...
This... is actually a massive towntell, right?
I think if Blue is scum he'd have, like, he'd know the day started by either scum PT locking or his buddy telling him, right?
A social deduction game is a game in which players attempt to uncover each other's hidden role or team allegiance. Commonly, these games are played with teams, with one team being considered "good" and another being "bad". During gameplay, players can use logic and deductive reasoning to try to deduce one another's roles, while other players can bluff to keep players from suspecting them.
Ok so we can stop worrying about Enchant.

And start worrying about Hugir.

-Drew
Didn't want this getting ignored

-Drew
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by Hugir »

Can it be technically faked? Of course.
Is it likely that it is faked? I think not.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Hugir »

Like what is the chance Blue goes "Oh I'm scum and I didn't receive a daystart PM so even though I know that the game started already I'm gonna use that and pray that someone picks it up and calls it town"
Occam's razor baby I'm calling that shit town
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:13 pm

Post by Hugir »

Occam's razor, also known as the principle of parsimony, is a philosophical principle that suggests that among competing hypotheses or explanations, the simplest one should be preferred until proven otherwise. It was formulated by the medieval philosopher and theologian William of Ockham, and it is often used as a guiding principle in scientific and philosophical reasoning. The idea is that unnecessary complexity should be avoided in favor of simpler explanations that require fewer assumptions, and that the simplest explanation is more likely to be true. However, it is important to note that Occam's razor is not a strict rule or a guarantee of truth, but rather a heuristic or a tool for evaluating and comparing different explanations or hypotheses. It is also important to consider the context and the specific evidence and reasoning supporting each hypothesis before applying Occam's razor. So, in essence, Occam's razor is a principle that suggests simpler explanations are more likely to be true, but it is not an absolute rule and should be used with critical thinking and careful evaluation of evidence. Overall, Occam's razor encourages simplicity and parsimony in reasoning and hypothesis testing. It is commonly summarized as "the simplest explanation is usually the best." However, it is important to note that simplicity alone is not always a guarantee of truth and other factors such as evidence, logic, and context should also be considered in evaluating explanations. Overall, Occam's razor is a useful tool in scientific and philosophical reasoning, but it is not an infallible principle and should be used with critical thinking and consideration of relevant evidence. So, in summary, Occam's razor is a principle that suggests simpler explanations are more likely to be true, but it is not a strict rule and should be used in conjunction with critical thinking and careful evaluation of evidence. Ultimately, the validity and utility of Occam's razor depend on its application in specific contexts and the strength of evidence supporting different explanations or hypotheses. Overall, Occam's razor is a heuristic principle that can guide reasoning and hypothesis testing, but it should be used judiciously and in conjunction with other critical thinking skills. The principle of Occam's razor is often used in science, philosophy, and other fields to guide reasoning and hypothesis testing. However, it is important to remember that it is not an absolute rule, but rather a heuristic or a tool for evaluating and comparing different explanations or hypotheses. It should be used in conjunction with other critical thinking skills, such as evaluating evidence, logic, and context, to arrive at a more comprehensive and reliable conclusion. In summary, Occam's razor is a philosophical principle that suggests simpler explanations are more likely to be true, but it is not a guarantee of truth and should be used with critical thinking and careful evaluation of evidence. Overall, Occam's razor is a useful tool in reasoning and hypothesis testing, but it should be used judiciously and in conjunction with other critical thinking skills. So, while Occam's razor is a useful principle for guiding reasoning and hypothesis testing, it is not an absolute rule and should be used in conjunction with other critical thinking skills to arrive at a more reliable conclusion. Overall, Occam's razor is a valuable tool in scientific and philosophical reasoning, but it should be used with critical thinking and careful evaluation of evidence to arrive at the most plausible and reliable explanation. Overall, Occam's razor is a heuristic principle that can guide reasoning and hypothesis testing, but it should be used judiciously and in conjunction with other critical thinking skills to arrive at a more comprehensive and reliable conclusion. In summary, Occam's razor is a philosophical principle that suggests simpler explanations are more likely to be true, but it is not a guarantee of truth and should be used with critical thinking and careful evaluation of evidence.
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:43 pm

In post 454, Hugir wrote: WORDS WORDS WORDS OCCAM'S RAZOR WORDS
Bit excessive. Good way to dissuade people from poking you on this point further
~b
Narration
Narration
he/him
Goon
Narration
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by Narration »

Replacing KawaiiKame

If they come back before a replacement is found, they may keep the slot.
Moderator Account Of RH9, specifically for Themes
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 434, Feysal wrote: No, not you. I meant the votes on Goldfish and Hugir, because wynaut.
I have my reasons.
Unlike most people here I treat each run as a new game and not a victory lap.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:53 am

Post by ActionDan »

Hugir seems pretty town to me :/ reasons appreciated
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 449, Hell Froze Over wrote: Ok so we can stop worrying about Enchant.

And start worrying about Hugir.
I think this is pretty null for BlueSnakelet, townish for Hugir. I get the reasoning that scum would have more ways to find out the game had started, but BlueSnakelet missed the start only by about 16 hours. Some players who apparently did receive their daystart PMs took even longer to realize. Actually, I'm not positive everyone still has.

We really need a flip and a round of night actions to have something new to talk about. I hope this inactivity is due to Easter week, and the game picks up after it.
In post 454, Hugir wrote: WALL OF TEXT
I'm actually impressed by how many times you repeated the same phrases, but never with the exact same wording.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Given the time left it's probably going to come down to me or IceDragon for elim. I'd prefer IceDragon get eliminated of course, I think they have a pretty good chance of scum and they're also not me, but overall I don't think it'd be a huge loss to town if I get eliminated either, so.

(On another note I'm very glad I reread the site rules before the game started, there was a very important rule change about the term used for elimination that happened in my absence.)
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In the event I do survive to night, I have to consider if I should target the claimed ascetic to see if they are ascetic, or... target someone else and see if my role card isn't entirely accurate.
Alt of Theta Alpine
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:44 am

Post by furtiveglance »

VOTE: IceDragon70
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 442, Hugir wrote:
In post 194, BlueSnakelet wrote: Wait, this has already started?

@Narration, I did not receive a daystart PM.

Wait a sec while I read the thread...
This... is actually a massive towntell, right?
I think if Blue is scum he'd have, like, he'd know the day started by either scum PT locking or his buddy telling him, right?
And I'll go ahead and comment on this myself.

If scum don't have daytalk then yeah, the thread locking would be pretty obvious sign that the game started. With the amount of time that elapsed in the game before they posted though, it's reasonable to think this could have been why they noticed the game began in the first place. Not that it points to Snakelet being scum at all really, checking the thread once a day or a few other things could have also led to noticing the game had started at that amount of time elapsed.
In the situation where scum do have daytalk this assumes that they have an active partner, which might not be the case. And... again, the time frame just is too tight to gain any useful information from it.
To summarize, if it'd been at the point when the game would have started regardless of confirmations or such then yeah, I'd see it as being a town tell. It wasn't though, and within the realm of possibility of finding out just by checking once a day if the thread was open yet, or by either not noticing a scum pt being closed or not having an active partner that told him that the game was started before he posted.
Though it is close to being long enough that I see Hugir's take on it as being reasonable enough, I mean I've had worse takes so.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:59 am

In post 461, Rautherdir wrote: In the event I do survive to night, I have to consider if I should target the claimed ascetic to see if they are ascetic, or... target someone else and see if my role card isn't entirely accurate.
You mean you want to check the ascetic
IC
? To see if they're lying?

Clearly we're either telling the truth or we have a good reason to pretend, in which case you should not want to interfere with a town gambit anyway
~b
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 464, Hell Froze Over wrote:
In post 461, Rautherdir wrote: In the event I do survive to night, I have to consider if I should target the claimed ascetic to see if they are ascetic, or... target someone else and see if my role card isn't entirely accurate.
You mean you want to check the ascetic
IC
? To see if they're lying?

Clearly we're either telling the truth or we have a good reason to pretend, in which case you should not want to interfere with a town gambit anyway
~b
I've already made the joke about you actually being a one-shot vet instead of ascetic heh. So yeah I won't be targeting you tonight I don't think. I don't have any reason to suspect you're lying anyways, cause yeah, IC.
But as far as I know, I have a role that literally just lets me check if my action was successful, and right now the only thing I can check to get immediately useful information is you. I should probably target someone else and see if it does something else in reality, but then the question is... who to target.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Well, I say useful information, but no one has a reason to suspect you're lying except maybe scum, so.
... Yeah I shouldn't check you.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:14 am

Post by Rautherdir »

... Actually assuming we do elim today then I'll have exactly ten valid targets besides Hell Froze Over to choose from, which tempts me to just roll a dice to decide.
Alt of Theta Alpine
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

This daystart PM stuff looks a bit OGI to me
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:18 am

Post by biancospino »

Yeah, if you're really a checker, on the contrary targeting us is just about the most completely useless thing you can do.

Your role is also a fuckton more useless now that you've claimed it since now you aren't getting roleblocked unless hell blazes up again, so you are so concerned about being useful, you shouldn't have claimed unprompted but I digress.

Also, while even mention that you have to consider checking us, if you then yourself says that it's a bad idea and aren't gonna do it? That's the same shit again like with the benediction thing, you put forth an hypotesis and then, as soon as you're poked a little, you retcon it away
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:19 am

In post 469, biancospino wrote: Yeah, if you're really a checker, on the contrary targeting us is just about the most completely useless thing you can do.

Your role is also a fuckton more useless now that you've claimed it since now you aren't getting roleblocked unless hell blazes up again, so you are so concerned about being useful, you shouldn't have claimed unprompted but I digress.

Also, while even mention that you have to consider checking us, if you then yourself says that it's a bad idea and aren't gonna do it? That's the same shit again like with the benediction thing, you put forth an hypotesis and then, as soon as you're poked a little, you retcon it away
^ffs, I had to slip at some point
~b
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:23 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 468, furtiveglance wrote: This daystart PM stuff looks a bit OGI to me
... You might have to explain OGI to me, I'm not familiar with that abbreviation and it isn't in the wiki.
In post 469, biancospino wrote: Yeah, if you're really a checker, on the contrary targeting us is just about the most completely useless thing you can do.

I didn't know if it was a role that should claim at start to avoid doing stuff like confusing trackers or such, though the fact I wasn't compulsive should have warned me against it.
And as for mentioning checking you... I legitimately didn't think through who that information would be useful to until the post where I reasoned it out and realized it would only be useful to scum.
Alt of Theta Alpine
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 471, Rautherdir wrote: ... You might have to explain OGI to me, I'm not familiar with that abbreviation and it isn't in the wiki.
Out of game influence
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:24 am

Post by Hugir »

In post 468, furtiveglance wrote: This daystart PM stuff looks a bit OGI to me
It’s not OGI if mod confirmed it in thread that Blue didn’t get a daystart PM
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 472, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 471, Rautherdir wrote: ... You might have to explain OGI to me, I'm not familiar with that abbreviation and it isn't in the wiki.
Out of game influence
It... yeah I'd say it borders on OGI, but ultimately falls on the line of being in game due to... yeah, the mod confirming it.
Alt of Theta Alpine

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”