Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Keychain »

Oh yeah I saw this earlier and thought it was weird but forgot to respond until now:
In post 643, Not_Mafia wrote: It isn't me, if I were scum I wouldn't have bothered trying to get myself into the coalition, I would have boosted my partner
you were trying to get yourself into the coalition? when? It didn't appear to me that you cared but this post suggests you were paying pretty close attention, and especially gives the impression you were doing exactly what you say you weren't, in trying to get yourself in there.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:49 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Keychain (2)
northsidegal, Not_Mafia
patchwork (0)
None
KawaiiKame (0)
None
Not_Mafia (0)
None
northsidegal (3)
Bingle, Umlaut, Keychain
Eiralox (0)
None
Umlaut (0)
None
Dunnstral (0)
None
Bingle (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
patchwork, KawaiiKame, Dunnstral, Eiralox
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-06 14:49:20)
Notes:
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Umlaut »

18 hours left. Everyone really needs to be voting.

I might not be around for the last hour of the day if it runs that long, but will be able to check in as late as 17:30 UTC or so. All the same I'd prefer we not cut it that close.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 698, Keychain wrote: distinct lack of north since the coalition vote failed means I don't dislike this vote as much as I did previously :igmeou: apart from that I don't really have further thoughts - I'm not going to reread the game tonight and I won't have time tomorrow, plus I honestly don't think it'd even help me so I'm completely sheeping umlaut and praying.

also "read" being the same in present and past tense when written but not when spoken is an orthographic disaster
Do you think nsg's absence is AI?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Keychain
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:51 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 703, Dunnstral wrote: Do you think nsg's absence is AI?
Maybe!

In post 693, patchwork wrote: I'm going to look through the coalition because I did think basically everyone there was town. My skepticism is mostly on you and nsg, though, so when I find the time I'll look through your ISOs first.
given a) the deadline b) one empty slot and c) a split vote, you should focus on deciding between me and north unless you really think you can get a wagon going elsewhere in a matter of hours with multiple players absent

If you and eira don't vote in the same place and we don't get a replacement who can make their mind up really quick, other votes are going to need to start moving to get a majority by my count
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:23 am

Post by Eiralox »

VOTE: Umlaut
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:26 am

Post by Umlaut »

@mod any chance of a deadline extension while waiting for KawaiiKame's replacement?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

Going to be hard to make a launch happen without everyone here
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Bingle »

I’ll be here to compromise on key in ~2 hours if we can’t get an nsg lim.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 703, Dunnstral wrote:
Do you think nsg's absence is AI?
I remember it being scum indicative for her, yeah.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 684, patchwork wrote: Out of the passed coalition I'd say the people I;'d be most comfortable with an elim is either keychain or nsg. Bingle jumping to vote nsg is a little sketchy to me but I'll have to look at that later because I've been doing a lot of work all day and my brain's kinda fried.
Does d1 start over, or do we continue with two days? Because Holy Shit i do not have time to do a comprehensive reread with analysis Fuck
In post 685, patchwork wrote: Ohhhh fuck yeah it does not restart time
This has been a lovely trip to the theater.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Bingle »

I would like to point out that I intentionally lurk for two days and literally nothing productive happens.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 706, Eiralox wrote: VOTE: Umlaut
You are entirely useless.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 709, Bingle wrote: I’ll be here to compromise on key in ~2 hours if we can’t get an nsg lim.
I'm hoping we get that extension but I will be too.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Keychain »

Damn Bingle is disappointed in us
In post 709, Bingle wrote: I’ll be here to compromise on key in ~2 hours if we can’t get an nsg lim.
I'm going out shortly and might not be able to check in over the next few hours so will leave this for you/dunn/north just in case I'm eliminated while I'm gone

Spoiler: only open once keychain is dead, I'm trusting you!
thanks for accepting my out-of-the-blue invitation to join, this is/was a fun game and good way to get back into mafia! I might even play another after this, who knows
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Keychain »

If you think I'm town and don't want me eliminated, your only course of action to avoid that is to vote north here, given what bingle and umlaut have said about compromising with me to avoid no-elim. if you want umlaut eliminated, you can say that but please save your vote until d2 and vote between the only two viable options today please.

In post 693, patchwork wrote: I'm going to look through the coalition because I did think basically everyone there was town. My skepticism is mostly on you and nsg, though, so when I find the time I'll look through your ISOs first.
quoting this again so you hopefully get notified - again, if I'm only a tinfoil read and you'd rather eliminate north, then you need to be voting her before bingle and umlaut change their votes. there is no more time to read ISOs so go with your gut I guess. With an empty slot we can't afford for you to just not decide
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Eiralox »

lol
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 715, Keychain wrote: Damn Bingle is disappointed in us
I'm going out shortly and might not be able to check in over the next few hours so will leave this for you/dunn/north just in case I'm eliminated while I'm gone

Spoiler: only open once keychain is dead, I'm trusting you!
thanks for accepting my out-of-the-blue invitation to join, this is/was a fun game and good way to get back into mafia! I might even play another after this, who knows
:)

I’ve got two games I’m prepping to run when tm settles down a bit. A complicated meme setup that might be a mad scientist contender and a dance game mutation. I’d be happy to have you in either. Not sure how often I’m going to actually play games this year though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm also around

Do you want to quickly discuss nsg vs keychain
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

We need your vote. Not sure if Patchwork will show up to vote.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 719, Dunnstral wrote: Do you want to quickly discuss nsg vs keychain
My biggest concern wrt keychain is tonal, but I think it's completely reasonable that's a result of excitement to play again after a long hiatus. NSG used to be a player who struggled hard with town activity as scum, and her absence jives with that. It's possible she's just absent, but I think she'd be more likely to force herself to play with the pride she has in her towngame than her scumgame.

Also, both umlaut and key have had posts today where they put forward a lot of effort that wasn't entirely necessary. They could have just sat back and let town lurk itself to oblivion, but they didn't, and I think that earns townpoints.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:01 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 700, Keychain wrote: Oh yeah I saw this earlier and thought it was weird but forgot to respond until now:
In post 643, Not_Mafia wrote: It isn't me, if I were scum I wouldn't have bothered trying to get myself into the coalition, I would have boosted my partner
you were trying to get yourself into the coalition? when? It didn't appear to me that you cared but this post suggests you were paying pretty close attention, and especially gives the impression you were doing exactly what you say you weren't, in trying to get yourself in there.
In post 677, Keychain wrote: It's more that if umlaut is scum pocketing me, his play is probably to get me to help elim north today then eliminate
me
tomorrow since I'm in a much more precarious position than him. so yeah super hope he's not doing that and if he is it'll make me feel better later if I at least acknowledged the possibility!
Particularly for Keychain, the first post is Keychain risking alienating N_M more to investigate his alignment. I don't think scum keychain does this, because I don't think it has good odds of actually helping her survive. This comes across more as actually caring that she's right on N_M than shopping for an elimination.

The second one is very self aware in a way that scum doesn't want to appear. Like, scum keychain absolutely has the thought that even if she wins this 1v1 she's probably in another 1v1 tomorrow, but does scum keychain actually EXPRESS that thought? It's shitty optics, and she'd know that. /inb4 WIFOM of that's exactly why she does it, but it just doesn't seem like a scum play to me.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I will be here at deadline and I’m willing to move to NSG if necessary to avoid a non-elimination but would strongly prefer Keychain
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Patchwork your next post needs to contain a vote, we don’t have the time for this lollygagging.

Eira, why did you unvote?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”