Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 5.03

With 5 players, it takes 3 to make a decision. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-05-14 01:00:00).

VC
Not voting [5]:
Andante, Peregrine, Merlyn, Cephrir, Elpis

Flavor
Spoiler: Porto
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2044, Peregrine wrote:
In post 2030, Cephrir wrote: my perspective is ive had strong townreads on andante and elpis for most of the game but im now second guessing myself, mainly due to the bizarre norwe kill
Cephrir! I understand that the game came to a standstill for a while so it may have been hard to give effort to solving without a necessary voice, but! Could you please tell me your game view now beyond second-guessing?

It is worrying me that you’re playing this as you are, and by that it feels as if things are hands off! I am worried that you could be doing this intentionally with two people willing to follow you, and that you could be waiting for a point where people throw up their hands and say please pick someone, and if you are mafia… game over!!

Even if this is not the case and you are town I would like to know!!
I am planning to do some more work on solving the game, I just haven't had time yet
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 2045, Merlyn wrote:
In post 2041, Elpis wrote:
In post 2038, Merlyn wrote:
In post 2033, Peregrine wrote: Assuming Cephrir is not a mafia and Elpis is, it means that Elpis decided to slot their teammates together at the lower rungs, but just out of reach.
What other teammate are you referring to? We only know NM was scum.
I think they're pointing out that everyone else currently alive (aside from cephy) was middle-low on that list
Hey Elpis, you've said the Marquis slot has seemed scummy to you- could let them answer questions themselves?
On things that matter, sure, but that one seemed fairly obvious, considering the color coding they did on it.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Andante »

Elpis, who are you thinking is scum here? cause how you’re posting feels like you just tr everyone/aren’t really trying to figure out scum
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Andante »

I’m kinda liking this new Marquis… hahahahahaha this game, is it just cause Marquis 2.0 agrees with me?

I’m legit just sitting here like “Is it just Ceph??” hahahahaha I don’t have much time before class, but this game…
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Andante »

I still stand by, please do not vote any earlier than wednesday of next week, I still have stuff I want to look into
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

does a psychologist and two half vigs seem like enough town power to you

personally i feel like it could use another, shitty role, like say a bodyguard
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Andante »

I mean the more you’re like “I’m clear cause my role” the more I’m like, it honestly could make sense for scum to have bg, town running around with vigs, scum likely have some sort of protection themselves, and that could explain the ethel death pretty well… ethel shoots scum protected by bg, ethel died, scum killed dragons, just saying.

Like, I don’t even fully believe you’re scum yet, but you seem to have this mindset of “I’m clear BECAUSE i’m bg” and like no one is questioning it? seems odd to me
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2057, Andante wrote: I mean the more you’re like “I’m clear cause my role”
you say this like it's a claim i've made more than literally just once just now
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2057, Andante wrote: and that could explain the ethel death pretty well… ethel shoots scum protected by bg, ethel died, scum killed dragons, just saying.
this is not what a bodyguard does
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 2053, Andante wrote: Elpis, who are you thinking is scum here? cause how you’re posting feels like you just tr everyone/aren’t really trying to figure out scum
I've been observing mostly, we have a lot of time and I've been low energy, and nobody screams scum at the moment so I'm mostly just waiting to hear more from the Marquis replacement at the moment. I also have a bit of an issue when it comes to Mafia, and life in general, where I am just bad at saying things people don't want to hear-- like claiming scum at people or such. People also tend to get really dramatic sometimes and exaggerate my claims, which is frustrating and makes me not want to make them.

I do not think Cephy is scum. I believe their bodyguard claim and think voting them is a terrible idea.

everyone else is on the table for me currently. Peregrine came in with accurate reads about me, so I'm inclined to trust that they might be right about other things, but I am holding judgement on that until I've seen more.

Andante is a wild card that I struggle to read because she's acting exactly like she did the last game we shared, and she was very town there, but maybe she would always act that way regardless of alignment? Could be either way, but not a confident tr or sr either way.

Merlyn has made a lot of assessments about me, many of which I understand the rationale behind, but obviously I know not to be true, which makes me feel like it could be some sort of offense to shift suspicion off their slot. However, it could just as easily be genuine reads, especially considering the tense state of the game at this point. I probably would feel comfortable voting them most, but that's genuinely not saying anything significant. I want more information, and I'm glad we have time to work on deciding that more.

To say I TR everyone is just incorrect. I TR Cephy, and everyone else is in a superposition of being town and being scum. If we DO consider that, I could start considering pairings and see what makes the most sense to me.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 2058, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2057, Andante wrote: I mean the more you’re like “I’m clear cause my role”
you say this like it's a claim i've made more than literally just once just now
well you just made this claim, and you aren't doing much, so yeah it feels like that
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 2060, Elpis wrote: Andante is a wild card
hahahaha I'll take that as a compliment
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Merlyn »

@MOD- I will be V/LA from 5/7 to 5/9
- work trip to Boston, so I should still be able to check in every day, just not as often.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2060, Elpis wrote: I also have a bit of an issue when it comes to Mafia, and life in general, where I am just bad at saying things people don't want to hear-- like claiming scum at people or such. People also tend to get really dramatic sometimes and exaggerate my claims, which is frustrating and makes me not want to make them.
I've been thinking about this for a bit, and I just wanted you to know that if it's me you suspect, it's okay to come after me and I won't take it personally. You're either doing your job as town or pretending to do the job as scum lol. I don't want to be mean to you or make you not have a fun game- you actually seem like a really nice person who I just happen to think got a red PM is all. :)

One of the biggest reasons you're on my radar is kind of because I haven't really seen you come after anybody. Scum!Elpis would be doing a good job sort of staying below everyone's radar- maybe catching a little suspicion here or there, but never enough to be someone's number one suspect.
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 2064, Merlyn wrote:
In post 2060, Elpis wrote: I also have a bit of an issue when it comes to Mafia, and life in general, where I am just bad at saying things people don't want to hear-- like claiming scum at people or such. People also tend to get really dramatic sometimes and exaggerate my claims, which is frustrating and makes me not want to make them.
I've been thinking about this for a bit, and I just wanted you to know that if it's me you suspect, it's okay to come after me and I won't take it personally. You're either doing your job as town or pretending to do the job as scum lol. I don't want to be mean to you or make you not have a fun game- you actually seem like a really nice person who I just happen to think got a red PM is all. :)

One of the biggest reasons you're on my radar is kind of because I haven't really seen you come after anybody. Scum!Elpis would be doing a good job sort of staying below everyone's radar- maybe catching a little suspicion here or there, but never enough to be someone's number one suspect.
I think that's fair! This is my first actual game as town since my previous one was scum, so i'm still working on how to actually scumhunt. Most times when I play deception games, I do a lot more watching and trying to understand rationale for something than I do actively chase down, but that doesn't seem to be as effective in online forum mafia.

I also want to add that confidence over a claim against someone here is a bit more difficult, considering the state of the game is very all or nothing at the moment.

I think trying to view everyone as potential scum and then go through the logs questioning if the rationale fits might work, so I will maybe do that sometime soon.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Peregrine »

Hello!! I am sorry I was gone for a bit, the week is busy for me sometimes!! I will definitely be around tomorrow!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

uh oh i started the isos and am having no thoughts head empty
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

is a bit of a strange post for me, the game is pretty young and mostly shitposting here so i don't really understand why he would be demoralized
but idk i guess it's consistent with his posting dropping off and his prior few posts being attempts at seriousness

was bizarre at the time and i think i probably posted as much at the time. maybe too obviously bizarre to be scum (oh no i'm making a stack of waffles here we gooooo)

hm i thought i had a solid townread on bob before andante showed up but i don't see why now

i think i'll just post this post and see if i can make the next one better rather than burden it with this trash
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

i tried to examine notmafia's scum meta to try to read his interaction with andante here but i think i've realized i'm wasting my time
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

- oh, that's why he didn't vote. this should have been obvious to me

- i am inclined to think this interaction is not a scumbuddy interaction. interested in others' thoughts here.

maybe i should try some cursory andante meta and see if i can tell the difference. she makes so many posts tho i can't see myself doing the kind of reading it would take to do it properly. im garbo at intentional meta like this anyway tho i guess im just looking for a significant vibe difference
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:58 am