Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.16 (unchanged)
Save the Dragons
(2): Aureal, SirCakez
usesPython
(2): Flavor Leaf, Invisibility
Aureal
(1): Save the Dragons
Flavor Leaf
(1): usesPython

Not Voting
(3): yessiree, ActionDan, Merlyn

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reject a player's right to keep playing in this game. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-18 09:15:00).

mod notes: 45 / 9 = 5
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 460, yessiree wrote: why wouldn't scum do something to be in the best position possible? especially when it was freelo
what kinda question is this?
freelo?

What's "the best position possible" and how are scum supposed to know how to get there? Cakez is now getting townread for this supposedly scummy thing he said- that seems like it worked out pretty well for him, doesn't it?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 461, Flavor Leaf wrote: Lol, Aureal is Hatcheting me hardcore
I'm writing a novel about a boy stranded in the wilderness after an airplane crash?
In post 462, Flavor Leaf wrote: The way Aureal is playing is protecting Python. They're chop chop chopping at me.
I don't see what you're seeing but if I am, great? Townreads should be protected, shouldn't they?

I'm taking this to mean that you have no intention of actually addressing the issues I have with you though, just going for a wild discredit attempt.

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 463, usesPython wrote: Those aren't mutually exclusive thing you know, having meta on someone means they're probably not gonna be a null for you. For players with less scum experience no meta is better since they're still at the skill level where they need to focus on not getting caught. For players with more scum experience meta is better since it lets them leverage those relationships to control the game

-A

I don't feel that's true, at least for as loosely as you define 'meta'. Relationships are built over significant amounts of time and play. Some people are going to be better at using them to their advantage than others (whether scum or not).
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 471, Save The Dragons wrote: but if you really want a reason, go back and look at what aureal has done to try and sort me
???

Things Aureal has done to sort Save The Dragons: noticed STD saying big hood should post more even though he was the lowest poster in the game; voted STD; encouraged STD to post more
Things Save The Dragons has done to sort Aureal: made a meme; voted Aureal; called Aureal scum

I don't think you're winning the 'attempting to sort' here. Even if you
don't
take into account that I actually have done plenty of things that could be used in attempting to sort, and you have not.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 474, Merlyn wrote: Are we not the only people in big hood to ask to sort big hood?
Ask?

I was supposed to
ask
to sort big hood?

Wow, silly me, I just went and tried to
do
it. :roll:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 475, usesPython wrote:
In post 473, usesPython wrote: Mechanically speaking we should only be limming big hood day 1 if we've got someone in the small hood locktown/lockscum, otherwise we risk losing a mislim compared to just limming in small hood until we hit scum to guarantee at least getting to 3p ELO

-A
If we can get a consensus read on anyone in the small hood (whether a TR or an SR) then I'd prefer to lim in the big hood today

-A

Hahahahaha I don't see
that
happening here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 488, SirCakez wrote: I kinda want to lim in the big hood today actually
I feel we have a good shot there compared to little hood
I don't feel the same. I have three scumreads and one townread in big hood.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 491, yessiree wrote: "no cap" just means "no joke"
please dont be mad at me :(
Sorry, I was having a rough day and it felt like basically everything was trying to shit on me. Thanks for the explanation.
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Aureal - what are the reasons you have “issues” with my play?

Give me a bullet point list.

I feel like my posts would have answered them, but give me the low down
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, the OMGUS is hilarious.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 384, usesPython wrote:
In post 383, Flavor Leaf wrote: at this point, i just wanna see if this is legit or not :lol:
Fine I'll respond to this shitpush, we get scumread all the time for our playstyle and I see the same thing happening here

-A
BTW, can you explain this further? Where have you gotten much in the way of being scumread for playstyle?
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m also really not paying too much attention to your slot overall for a bit now, tbh.

More interested in Python, but you’re hard defending Python right now, which is like the basis of my read against you, from the beginning.

It’s not impossible it’s you and Invisibility, but Invis and I are on the same page right now, and if they’re scum, im donezo at this point, so might as well have conviction and trust rather than waffle and doubt
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

From my pov, it looks like I’m just correct in my reads, and the two of you have to fight it or you just auto lose.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Hatcheting is defending a part by discrediting the player and tearing them down to weaken their push.

Chainsaw is when you attack the player who is voting your partner to weaken them, what you’re doing now.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 509, Flavor Leaf wrote: @Aureal - what are the reasons you have “issues” with my play?

Give me a bullet point list.

I feel like my posts would have answered them, but give me the low down
Uh, I literally just responded to your posts which had nothing in the way of answers to me. You claimed I was (I guess) trying to attack you to somehow defend Python?? But you didn't respond to anything I said. You already had the chance to answer, the posts are still there to answer, why are you trying to push it back at me to say things again?
In post 510, Flavor Leaf wrote: Also, the OMGUS is hilarious.
Again, you're just attempting to discredit rather than interact.
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

So you’re not gonna give me the reasons bullet points?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What posts were directed towards me that you stated?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Quote them for me, so I can respond.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 457, Aureal wrote:
In post 405, Flavor Leaf wrote: I forgot STD in the big hood thing, but they’re in a similar situation as AD for me, while they could be scum, but I have some reasonings to believe they’re town, so it made sense to pressure Aureal slot to see and feel if I was off on my reads or not.

You forgot, huh. What exactly are these "some reasonings to believe they're town" then?
Is this all it is?

Because I’ve answered this like 3+ times this game
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, that’s like the only post that you did that seems to require an answer, and I’ve answered that multiple times this game.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 517, Flavor Leaf wrote: What posts were directed towards me that you stated?
I'm attacking you without posting about you now? You were just so certain I was attacking you with my posts and now you can't find them? lolwut
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Like I’ve given reasons and explained my read on every single slot on this game, so are you trying to act like I have zero reasons for anything?

Because that’s just absurd and a weak push.

If anything, as scum, I would have MORE reasons.

As scum, I’d be just straight up limiting myself too much, and would lose all credibility after a misfade.

You’d also have to think I’d be partners with one of Invisibility or Yessiree, and Yessiree and I at this point are far too tied together for that to ever be good scum play.

And invisibility and I are both the two voting Python right now, which is also weak for gamestate manipulation if we were the scum team.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 446, Aureal wrote:
In post 253, Flavor Leaf wrote: Merlyn vote on Yessiree is a momentum shifting vote. Wanting to note it because it clashes with where I was here, but it was their entrance really, so not overly scummy, but worth noting.
Momentum shifting? I have a hard time feeling like anything that early can really have momentum.
Both Invisibility and Python are subtly controlling this game. On the surface, it looks like Invisibility, but I can see it being Python just letting it flow, but their change onto Yess was an action that I didn't like at all. If the sole purpose for not scum reading Yess was because they put them into the neighborhood, yet they acted like the neighborhood was 'random choosing', that's just a poor reason because it's not 'random' It's the order of the sign-ups, which has a reason. And even if so, scum actively had to choose to do so still, and didn't have to commit to it.
Ah yes, this is where my brain broke earlier. The idea of Python "subtly" controlling the game. I don't think Python really does
subtle
Python's Zero% Lim is rough because they brought it up themselves, like that's a built in defense for why they wouldnt put themselves in small hood, which is why theyd put themselves in small hood. But it's not the best defense either way, and don't think it helps, just kind of rough they said it. Like a little extra sprinkle for presentation. Do they even care about it in the long run or is it just something they think is currently cool? Idk.
Thinking something is currently cool is definitely something people can do. I recently considered replacing into a game in elo and read a little bit of it, came up with two theories on who the scum team was, and eventually didn't pull the trigger on joining the game partly because I was worried it was a doomed scum slot and I didn't want to mess up my incredible Mafia win rate on a game I barely even was in. :P

Absolutely think the STD hops are gross. People targeted him because he thought we should target in big hood, which is like, eh, don't necessarily agree, but I think it's fair for people to be sick of small hood stuff and find a reason to move away from it.
What is this garbage take, lol. I think it's incredibly obvious that Dragons got some pushback because he said "let's pay attention to big hood, uh no I don't have any attention of my own to give big hood but I'll tell other people to do it" which is pretty silly.
GOing after STD the way people did for that is just reinforcing any thought outside of small hood is negative.
Nope, still makes negative sense. I had already pivoted to big hood with a Cakez vote even before poking at Dragons. Why are you trying to paint the exact opposite picture of what actually was happening?
In post 447, Aureal wrote:
In post 255, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 252, Invisibility wrote: it's so weak cuz the read is based off the idea that Cakez would be difficult to fake a mindmeld with AD, which is true, but since AD didn't share these ideas beforehand that the only way Cakez would be able to fake this would be if he could read minds. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it's very very weird to me that he would even mention the unlikelihood of Cakez faking mindmeldable stuff as a townread reason cuz it's so beyond the realm of possibility that it's not even worth mentioning. Is the read otherwise much different than a regular mindmeld read? Not really! But the weird logic used makes me suspicious.
I like this reasoning for why you don't like the read.
Negative sense continues to be made by Flavor Leaf. Are you partners with Invis?
In post 449, Aureal wrote:
In post 284, Flavor Leaf wrote: ActionDan is a hard one to truly town read here, but I get why he was town reading Cakez.
The mind boggles. Dan's on the top of my big hood pile.
But Aureal was skirting around. I need to look back at them more.

@Python - you talked about Aureal a little bit before, do you scum read them?

What the hell game are you reading? "Skirting around"? What does that even mean? It sounds like you're trying to say I'm not doing anything, but I think I've been one of if not the most active big hood player. Even having dropped off somewhat for a few days because I've been hella busy and couldn't focus on this.
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 521, Aureal wrote:
In post 517, Flavor Leaf wrote: What posts were directed towards me that you stated?
I'm attacking you without posting about you now? You were just so certain I was attacking you with my posts and now you can't find them? lolwut
Okay, so you just wanna argue instead of showing them to me?

Quote them, or I really do not care a single bit if you just want to be purposefully obtuse.

Ask me what you want me to answer. I’ll answer them.

Even if you think I am scum here, learn how to work with your scum reads and play the game. Otherwise you’re just yelling for no reason.

I’m going to say this straight up: I absolutely do not care about anything you’ve said in the past 4 pages.

It just looks like noise to me.

I do not care if I come off ‘bad’ for not answering your apparently obvious to find where they are questions.

If you would like to play the game, and try to see where I’m coming from rather than just attacking for the sake of attacking, then let me know what I can do to help you sort me.

Because I asked for clarification on what you wanted me to answer, if you’re not willing to, then I can’t have empathy for someone who won’t have empathy for me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”