Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I would also reiterate that if we lim dv or freedom today xofelf does basically become a watcher and should be treated accordingly
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Roles include mafia claims but they're still probably going to struggle to play around it without implicating themselves
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:07 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 4.10

DeasVail (2):
Ausuka, Shirou
Freedom (1):
DrippingGoofball

Not Voting (4): Freedom, DeasVail, xofelf, mastina,

With 7 alive it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2023-05-18 09:20:33)

Mod Notes
Have fun!

<(") | (")>
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In my discord just now, Feysal's solve is Freedom and mastina.

He says that scum-DV wouldn't have sided with mastina the way he did, and his interactions with koba didn't feel like scum interactions. He says Ausuka looks better as the game progresses.

About Freedom, he says the only thing that's remotely town was when Freedom suggested to Koba that mastina may be bussing him. Feysal wonders if a scum being bussed would invalidate it that way (my opinion here it's that it is entirely possible) but Freedom has done nothing to push mastina since then. Feysal asks me if Freedom has done anything at all; I reply that I recall some bland IioA.

There is a lot more, I am headed to the desktop.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:45 am

Post by mastina »

Hi, just wanted to say:
Yes, I am aware that deadline is close.

The deadline being two days from now doesn’t leave much room for discussion and solving, fair enough.

It still leaves enough time that we don’t need to rush.

I didn’t get to go to the hospital yesterday, and might still have a few extras, but I anticipate having the free time today to finish what I started Sunday.

So, despite the proximity of deadline:
You can afford to wait for me to do my work.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:49 am

Feysal believes mastina is scum. I asked why. He says that he has several reasons.

(1) mastina suddenly finding Ausuka's claim is one.
(2) He doesn't like her play this day phase, making massive posts with every combination and permutation of scumteam did not help, especially with the second one that contained no analysis.
(3) The request to summarize neighborhood is a noise-generator.
(4) Accusing Shirou of not protecting a VT while not knowing who the VT was, was not good.
(5) Why accuse Shirou of this when I (DGB) could easily be accused of the same?

Steag just came in and he's making jokes that mastina can't confirm anything.

Feysal continues and says that mastina wouldn't have needed to investigate to produce the results since she and Freedom could have picked that up from a neighborhood (can someone double-check this for accuracy?)

He wonders why mastina asked twice about what happened to the night 3 fruit. Someone alive should have received it (technically if Shirou was the target, I was JK'ing him). Feysal couldn't find from Mala's iso who the target might have been. Shirou or Freedom may know from neighborhood. He asks if the scum got the fruit and is hiding it to create doubt about who wasblocked.

Then Staeg says he wasn't suggesting that mastina isn't actually a rolecop, he was referring to the fact that I blocked Shirou.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Shirou »

Oh, also, I think it's most likely DeasVail in [DV/Freedom] because his teammates haven't said a lot about the game and I do think they would have more to say if he was town?

I may be wrong but I feel like Klick is the kind of player that would have said more about this game if it was town!DeasVail, but I wouldn't expect to hear much about Klick if it's scum!DeasVail
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Shirou »

Of course now that I've said this they may try to start sharing more "reads", but /shrug

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 4:10 am

VOTE: Freedom

Let's make it interesting.

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:23 am

Post by xofelf »

Sorry, I have an apartment inspection tomorrow morning so the last few days have been apartment cleaning and organizing. I did manage to find some time to talk game with Titus last night, and she's kinda in the same place as me, but she says that she doesn't think anybody who claimed a PR is lying about their PRs, so we shouldn't be limming in that pool at all, which I also agree with. Of the DV/Freedom pool, I'd rather do Freedom as they're who I've found most sus throughout. So intent to vote there.

I also think we should go with the plan Ausuka laid out, cuz I think it allows for more people to make it out of the night with information. I say whichever of DV/Freedom we don't yeet, DGB should JK. Titus was wary of a chain though, which I get.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:11 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1981, Shirou wrote: Oh, also, I think it's most likely DeasVail in [DV/Freedom] because his teammates haven't said a lot about the game and I do think they would have more to say if he was town?

I may be wrong but I feel like Klick is the kind of player that would have said more about this game if it was town!DeasVail, but I wouldn't expect to hear much about Klick if it's scum!DeasVail
There's a lot they said earlier that I didn't share in the thread, but I think motivation right now is a bit low (to be fair, I haven't been pushing them or anything).

I think I'm mostly just really bad at USING team reads in TM. From memory I think the last TM I probably didn't even mention my team at all.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:18 am

In post 1985, DeasVail wrote:I think I'm mostly just really bad at USING team reads in TM. From memory I think the last TM I probably didn't even mention my team at all.
You sure it's not because you're mafia?

Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 1983, DrippingGoofball wrote: VOTE: Freedom

Let's make it interesting.
You're already voting me.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 1980, DrippingGoofball wrote: Feysal believes mastina is scum. I asked why. He says that he has several reasons.

(1) mastina suddenly finding Ausuka's claim is one.
(2) He doesn't like her play this day phase, making massive posts with every combination and permutation of scumteam did not help, especially with the second one that contained no analysis.
(3) The request to summarize neighborhood is a noise-generator.
(4) Accusing Shirou of not protecting a VT while not knowing who the VT was, was not good.
(5) Why accuse Shirou of this when I (DGB) could easily be accused of the same?

Steag just came in and he's making jokes that mastina can't confirm anything.

Feysal continues and says that mastina wouldn't have needed to investigate to produce the results since she and Freedom could have picked that up from a neighborhood (can someone double-check this for accuracy?)

He wonders why mastina asked twice about what happened to the night 3 fruit. Someone alive should have received it (technically if Shirou was the target, I was JK'ing him). Feysal couldn't find from Mala's iso who the target might have been. Shirou or Freedom may know from neighborhood. He asks if the scum got the fruit and is hiding it to create doubt about who wasblocked.

Then Staeg says he wasn't suggesting that mastina isn't actually a rolecop, he was referring to the fact that I blocked Shirou.
Mala claimed FV in our hood, and said she was thinking of giving fruit to you.
Though, it seemed later that she tried to give it to Shirou.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Freedom »

I missed this before but Mala wanted mastina flipped.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1986, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1985, DeasVail wrote:I think I'm mostly just really bad at USING team reads in TM. From memory I think the last TM I probably didn't even mention my team at all.
You sure it's not because you're mafia?
I mean we have a DV wagon. it's where all the cool people are. what are your thoughts on that
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:32 pm

So very cool indeed!

Freedom may need some motivation to say something meaningful, like an oncoming locomotive.

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1990, Ausuka wrote: I mean we have a DV wagon.
it's where all the cool people are

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1991, DrippingGoofball wrote: So very cool indeed!

Freedom may need some motivation to say something meaningful, like an oncoming locomotive.
I could have pressured Freedom more with you if it wasn't so close to deadline and only 4 to eliminate.

I think me voting Freedom here now for any meaningful amount of time will probably officially turn him into today's lim and as I've already said I don't believe on that stock as much as the one I'm buying right now.

For what it's worth, the last time I saw people pressuring town!Freedom, they repped out curiously enough.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm sorry if that's disrespectful to him but I don't think Freedom is the kind of player you can really pressure for content either. If you think he's scum you probably just blindly kill him like I first said before he repped in/after he repped in.
In post 960, Shirou wrote: If Freedom is the one to replace Arko I WILL try to kill the slot because in my past games with Freedom he was very low activity and we need a high activity player here to compensate on the time lost with Arko not playing.
I knew he was gonna be a very low content poster from the start unhappily, I've seen him play like that as both alignments. I gave up on the idea of killing him for the lolz due to Ausuka vs Italiano though.

(Aka Volpe14)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Freedom
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by mastina »

Hello I believe Freedom is at L-1.
This is me not yet hammering because surprise surprise, my goal isn't to end the day; my goal is to catch scum and I need the time.

I probably will vote Freedom to secure an elimination (barring Freedom somehow shooting up in my reads), but I want to do as much as I can to solve prior to the night.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 1996, mastina wrote: Hello I believe Freedom is at L-1.
This is me not yet hammering because surprise surprise, my goal isn't to end the day; my goal is to catch scum and I need the time.

I probably will vote Freedom to secure an elimination (barring Freedom somehow shooting up in my reads), but I want to do as much as I can to solve prior to the night.
Well.
Surprise.
Unfortunately for you, I'm on E-2, per my count.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1751, Ausuka wrote:Shea's position on mastina is that he thinks she's being manipulative + likes your points, specifically he was like "if you are a scum role that gets guiltied by a role cop why the fuck wouldn't you roleblock the role cop"
I was basically like, I don't think koba really cared to live, and then shea said "well if you think koba is going down, why not just fake a guilty to get towncred" and I was like "well ok i guess that's possible"
I didn't need a guilty on Koba to get towncred.

I already had plenty. (Turns out that when you're town, people tend to think you're town when you're around and posting!)

If the plan was for Koba to go down D3 regardless, then me spending a night investigating Koba would, inherently, be a waste of a night for my rolecop. I could justify an investigation elsewhere for the same reason I investigated Malakittens. "Koba is going down D3 regardless, so let's instead investigate *literally any town player which I could get away with investigating*."
That was literally my logic for that investigation; I literally could have kept it consistent and done the same thing.

I didn't, because I got emotional, I got impulsive, I got frustrated, idk, I honestly don't remember the exact reason I did it, it was something emotional-related, I vaguely recall anger involved, and that I was busy irl at the time, dealing with stress, the timing and the way day ended was something I was unhappy about, so I made a decision to do that investigation.

Also, Shea is delving into "what if"s there rather than what happeneds. What IF I chose to fake a guilty on a scumbuddy already planning to fail, rather than me investigating Koba for real. What IF Koba didn't block me because I'm their scumbuddy, rather than Koba deciding I wasn't an optimum block.

For instance. The very thing Shirou is using to try and clear Shirou would be reason to clear me if Koba blocked me. If my investigation on Koba failed, and we eliminated Koba, what would that tell you?

It'd tell you "mastina is town, because she was blocked by Koba".
If the plan was for Koba to go down...
...Then wouldn't you want to
avoid
conftowning the town investigative?

It's basically a fact the scum planned to let Koba die D3.
It's basically a given that whoever Koba blocked should logically be town.
It's a given that scum would want to avoid conftowning a town player.

Given Koba was going to die D3...
...And given whoever Koba blocked would logically be town...
...It's a given that if scum would want to avoid conftowning a town player, there is strategic value in not blocking me.

I was known to be Loud.
I would be known to have failed in my target.
Ergo, it'd be confirmed if I did fail that I was blocked...by a likely scum roleblocker.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1754, Ausuka wrote:Pedit: I think if koba roleblocks someone else and claim the block on Shirou, that risks inferring that Shirou is scum if that person is like "um hi so I got roleblocked not shirou actually"
You realize only roles producing results know they get blocked, right?
You realize Koba claiming to have blocked Shirou doesn't negatively impact Shirou on D3, right?

Koba was the one who claimed to have blocked Shirou N2. Shirou didn't collaborate that until today.

If Koba blocked someone else, and that player claimed they were blocked instead of Shirou, you know what that does?
It does nothing to incriminate Shirou, it doesn't change Koba's fate, but it DOES lead to...

...That PR being outted on D3.

And note that Shirou didn't claim a role originally today--so Shirou only committed to a claim after it was fairly safe to make that claim.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”