Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 11:19 pm

Post by Aisa »

If you're town I don't mind the mistake
and also I don't think signing up for a game without fully understanding the setup is a crime against humanity haha
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 12:56 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.4
ImageImage

Title screens from early 70s low-budget British ‘sex-ploitation’ documentaries by the short-lived Scarfolk Studios. To avoid an ‘X’ rating from the film censors they could only show nudity for more than five seconds if there was also a clown holding a balloon in shot.

Doctor Drew (4):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Invisibility
GuerillaWoo (3):
Cat Scratch Fever, Doctor Drew, Alianna
Andante (2):
skitter30, Menalque
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (3):
Andante, GuerillaWoo, Aisa

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-03 21:40:00)

Notes:
  • skitter30 is on V/LA through Saturday 5/27.
  • Menalque is on V/LA through Sunday 5/28.
  • Cephrir is on V/LA through Monday 5/29.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

Woo's response to what Sheep and Drew said about him is pretty reasonable and good
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 328, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 326, Alianna wrote: I'm not doing that though. The players in null are not scumleans, they are null.
If you think everybody else is town, by definition you have to think there are several scum in that set of players. They are not null - you think they have a higher than average chance of being scum.

You are describing it as null but above you say you think there are likely scum in that group, and I don't suppose you think there are scum in your town reads, so what would you call that?
I don't know how much this matters
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 347, Aisa wrote:
In post 329, GuerillaWoo wrote: [...]
In post 303, Alianna wrote: If you think Andante is a good wagon, why did you never vote her?
She's already got 3 votes, no need to E-1 this early
[...]
I noticed you seemed to think the number of votes needed to eliminate was 5. It's actually 7, because there are 13 players in this game.
There's also been some discussion of who you thought was voting you and why you thought they were voting you.

I also noticed that you had 3 votes on you - CSF, Drew, Alianna. This got me wondering what would happen if I cast a fourth vote on you. Would you act like you were at E-1? Would you slip up and contradict yourself?

FWIW I don't know what to make of our whole interaction yet. Maybe I'll write some thoughts on it later, but right now I just want to let it sit in my brain for a bit.
Good observation
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Alianna »

Hmm, maybe a readslist was not the best way of expressing my thoughts on this game. It seems to have created more confusion than it cleared up. I've tried to explain the thought process and it's a little more complicated than town/null/scum, so trying to put it in a list like that doesn't make much sense now that I think about it.
I'll address other stuff later in the day, I don't feel like playing mafia right now.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 6:57 am

Post by implosion »

Okay Aisa's vote is less sketchy lol.

I definitely also do at least lean town on Woo now.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 7:03 am

Post by implosion »

In post 355, Alianna wrote: Hmm, maybe a readslist was not the best way of expressing my thoughts on this game. It seems to have created more confusion than it cleared up. I've tried to explain the thought process and it's a little more complicated than town/null/scum, so trying to put it in a list like that doesn't make much sense now that I think about it.
I'll address other stuff later in the day, I don't feel like playing mafia right now.
I think part of this scuffle is explainable as a difference in framing. You feel like you're giving a reads list in
absolute
terms; you find Woo scummier than the average person in the average game of mafia, and the people above your null line townier than the average person in the average game of mafia (or something like that). But practically, a reads list is sort of set dressing for some probability that each person in the game is scum. Dunn is pointing out that if you look at things in
relative
terms then really your nullread list must be scum >rand% of the time. This is the part of Dunn's post that I was referencing earlier when I said I didn't really agree with part of it, I think it's entirely reasonable as town to not really be interested in making the inference of "these nullreads must be inherently scummy" and rather view it as "I don't have enough info to feel like I have a good grasp on the game yet" like you were saying. All that said I have mixed feelings on the reads list as a whole.

Like fundamentally it should be possible for every person at any given time to give some percentage of every other player in the game flipping mafia, such that all the percentages add up to exactly 300% (because there are 3 mafia, ignoring the possible SK). But our brains don't work that way directly.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 7:53 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 350, Aisa wrote: If you're town I don't mind the mistake
and also I don't think signing up for a game without fully understanding the setup is a crime against humanity haha
Yep haha, just had a lil moment there.
In post 352, Invisibility wrote: Woo's response to what Sheep and Drew said about him is pretty reasonable and good
Ty. <3 Does this include my read on Drew's ISO?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 7:55 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I too townread Woo's last page
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 358, GuerillaWoo wrote: Ty. <3 Does this include my read on Drew's ISO?
I do think it's kinda strange yeah. Kind of gives me the vibe that Drew tried to attack you on a flimsy foundation and then had to stick to it lol. I don't think you're limbait this game though. Not sure why you think that
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 8:40 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I like implosion for town, they are making sense and I can see the wheels moving in their head(even though they are way off in my read, I get where they are coming from..... especially when it is coming from a player who doesn't have experience with me, but not trying to get all self meta lol).

Woo, you are misrepping my intentions. I wasn't trying to get other people to make, I don't get how you make that leap. You and Implosion can think what I did had scum motivation and that's fine, but you are really connecting some dots that aren't there and trying to force a case.

I don't buy them as town.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 361, Doctor Drew wrote: I wasn't trying to get other people to make
make what?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 362, Invisibility wrote:
In post 361, Doctor Drew wrote: I wasn't trying to get other people to make
make what?
Oops, my finger works faster than my brain sometimes lol.

*Make my case for me
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Invisibility »

oh LOL that makes more sense
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:07 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 360, Invisibility wrote: I don't think you're limbait this game though. Not sure why you think that
Just in the sense that I was struggling to develop any reads, and that usually gets read as scummy or is easy to push.
In post 361, Doctor Drew wrote: Woo, you are misrepping my intentions. I wasn't trying to get other people to make, I don't get how you make that leap.
It's not substantive, and obviously it could be wrong, but I wouldn't say it's a leap. It was a good faith interpretation of a pattern. You could be town and selectively engaging in that way. I was just weighing that against the rest of my impression of your ISO, it was one point nested in a few others.
In post 361, Doctor Drew wrote: but you are really connecting some dots that aren't there and trying to force a case.
Do you still think I was trying to pocket you earlier?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Yes I do think made an attempt at a pocket.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Aisa »

On Alianna:
- I don't really scumlean her anymore. She's nullish.
- I don't find Dunnstral's reasons for scumreading her super convincing. Personally I feel like I have both the issues he accuses her of (1. reads sorted by post count, 2. not enough scumreads / "null reads" that logically should be scumreads) all the time as town.

HOWEVER I am mostly here to say that
In post 320, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah your reads are sorted by post count. I don't really by that as being a genuine thought process, but rather a byproduct of playing to the crowd.
I do feel that when I was scum with her in a hydra, she mostly went for "non-controversial" reads, so, if she is scum here, I would expect her readslist to look similar to what she's posted. But I can also see town!Alianna making this readslist, so I just shrug
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 367, Aisa wrote: On Alianna:
- I don't find Dunnstral's reasons for scumreading her super convincing. Personally I feel like I have both the issues he accuses her of (1. reads sorted by post count, 2. not enough scumreads / "null reads" that logically should be scumreads) all the time as town.

In post 320, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah your reads are sorted by post count. I don't really by that as being a genuine thought process, but rather a byproduct of playing to the crowd.
I do feel that when I was scum with her in a hydra, she mostly went for "non-controversial" reads, so, if she is scum here, I would expect her readslist to look similar to what she's posted. But I can also see town!Alianna making this readslist, so I just shrug
As I kinda said before, Alianna gets in her own head. This used to make me scum read her, but as you put it is NAI to me now.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 318, Dunnstral wrote: I think that the above reads list makes Alianna scum. I find that townreading all the most active players is a sign that the person making the list is anti-town.
In post 319, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 302, Alianna wrote:
@mod
- are we getting a replacement for Dunn?
Generally when a player is gone for 48 hours the mod will send them a prod. After an additional 24 hours the mod will begin to look for a replacement.

So no, I don't think we will need a replacement in this scenario.
In post 320, Dunnstral wrote: Image

Yeah your reads are sorted by post count. I don't really by that as being a genuine thought process, but rather a byproduct of playing to the crowd. I also don't like that you list your scum leans as "null" as I also think that is a scum move to avoid making enemies by only pushing 1 or 2 people at a time.

VOTE: Alianna
Were you caught up when you made these posts?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 368, Doctor Drew wrote:

As I kinda said before, Alianna gets in her own head. This used to make me scum read her, but as you put it is NAI to me now.
I accept your general point, but I'm not sure if you're trying to address a specific part of my post with this
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 370, Aisa wrote:

I accept your general point, but I'm not sure if you're trying to address a specific part of my post with this
More just sheeping your read of her.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 371, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 370, Aisa wrote:

What an honour, being sheeped on a nullread :D
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 372, Aisa wrote:
In post 371, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 370, Aisa wrote:

What an honour, being sheeped on a nullread :D
Aliannull amirite.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:49 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 366, Doctor Drew wrote: Yes I do think made an attempt at a pocket.
But is this not much more of a leap than saying you were asking people for a town read on you?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”