In post 1215, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1052, Egix96 wrote: But as of right now I'm kinda feeling like:

Aisa
implo
sheep
gwoo

are my prob towns
Okay, coming back to this:

- I can't remember why I had implo that high, he should be more like at the low end of the town pile (just vibes)
- I should have included Andante here, but simply presumed she would be self-resolving due to the PR claim
- Adding Ceph to this because I think he looked townier than skitter in the interactions they had earlier this Day
- fire is townier than Alianna was. I don't wanna go as far as saying "ooh I townread this slot now!" but I did not want there to be a hammer yet.
- I kinda think that Aureal's slot is just obv town at this point, her posting is even better than GWoo's was.

So, seems like that leaves me with Dunn, Mena, or skitter as my vote.

I don't have a case ready yet but I'll

VOTE: skitter

as she's the one I have the worst vibes from atm. (I skimmed her iso earlier so I should be able to elaborate when I have more time)
I would like to hear more abt why you think ceph was townier than me in our argument + more abt why you're voting me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1241, Menalque wrote: funnily enough, I missed that sheep never answered either of these questions, the one on ceph or andante. sheep, if you remember, I would still like to know this
the lack of follow up you had to some of your questions was a significant part of why i didn't feel like you really cared about the answers
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:32 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1241, Menalque wrote: atp I'm confident on enchant as scum, Andy as being enchant's partner, and I want the third. aisa is the third for me at this point while I'm waiting for her to get back to me on her woo read -- I didn't like the way she voted and unvoted Andy and thought that could be distancing behaviour, plus she hadn't commented at all on anything to do with enchant by this point despite having been around. I wanted to shop the team and also see if asking all of them would lead to them aligning or disaligning when they came to answer it
and this kind of stuff is what i was talking about when i said it felt like you were telegraphing too much

you're confident you have 2/3 scum and your approach is to call out both of them and ask about a 3rd while still believing that your reaction testing is going to not be tainted by the scumteam noticing what you're doing? it felt at the time a little unbelievable to me that you were really taking this approach

i get now though that if you only just took Koba Tactics 101 then this is just your first attempt putting it into practice and that's why it feels a little sloppy, not because you're scum who is aware that there is no scumteam and you're just fighting ghosts
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:38 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok yeah i do appreciate explaining the thought behind some of the questions bc a lot of them seemed pointless. i still think some of them were a little silly but i believe that you thought they'd be effective
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'll just say that in real-time it certainly felt like mena cared abt people's answers to those questions

I think mena's response was super thorough + townie
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1203, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1200, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1188, fireisredsir wrote: from my (admittedly not that well-researched) knowledge of mena's scumgame that seems pretty in his wheelhouse

i think of his main skills as being able to vibe real-time and successfully posture/front when he wants to seem confident in a solve

it's more effort than he's put into scumgames recently but eh
Why do you think mena could/would do that as scum

Like you said right after, i think his scumgame is more abt vibing in real time and buddying people

I think he's less likely to come up with a elaborate multi-day reaction test depending on a town-slot flipping scum if he were scum
because when you look at the actual posts he made most of them were just asking people busy work questions or general theory and not actually doing anything that i think would be difficult to fake

i don't think his progression to get to the point of having the game solved is particularly believable either

i dunno maybe it was due to reading it all at once but it felt a little too on the nose and telegraphed. in he's talking all about how its better to wagon other people than enchant to look for reactions better

then like his next posts are and which look way more to me like someone who just got a fun idea of a gimmick they can pull than someone who has been genuinely planning this since prior to the woo vote

and then he asks people a bunch of questions. and then wowwww he does his big reveal where he says he's being doing that thing which he earlier said would be the towny thing to do

idk im not saying it's a scummy thing to do, i just don't think it's clearing. its like slightly +town but i think his posting overall feels too constructed and i don't see places where i can actually see his thoughts developing and changing. it feels more like he has picked positions to have at certain points and then is doing a pretty good job at working within that framework, rather than those positions developing naturally
with this being fire's logic behind me being joint bottom of his readslist
In post 1176, fireisredsir wrote: im somewhere around here but it's murky

[sheep, ceph, aisa]
[dunn, meg]
[aureal, egix]
[skitter, mena, implosion]

sometimes when i replace in i feel like i have the game solved (or at least a really confident read or two) and i think ive been decently accurate when i have that feeling?

i do not have that feeling here. i think there's still a lot of sorting to do. i am not particularly confident in any of my scumleans and there's not anyone i'd bet the game on being town either

however, that probably means the game is hard which does lend me the tiniest bit of confidence i guess since it would be a hard game if my scumleans are correct
combined with these being his posts around skitt and implo:
In post 1158, fireisredsir wrote: the middle paragraph meant i think you know better

andante often looks wild and chaotic. people who are unfamiliar with her will probably be more likely to suspect her. people who are unfamiliar with you will probably be less likely to think you should have a certain approach to her

i think this playerlist seems like it could have more of both type of player in it, compared to say, panic room, which had a lot more familiarity with both, where you took this approach and townread her:
In post 306, skitter30 wrote: i think she just kinda freezes as scum tbh
or at least her iso/posts is a lot emptier and there's a lot less train-of-thought vibes when she's scum, and less content and more excuses about why she doesn't have as many reads
as town i think we just kinda get exactly what she's thinking, as she's thinking it

which is kinda what i'm seeing here

i think she is by nature noise-y and posture-y, but i wouldn't consider them scumtells for her
and like yeah you were scum but you still must be at least aware of andante patterns in order to make this post
In post 1164, fireisredsir wrote: i do like skitter's pressure on mena

could this be edition 36 of i scumread skitter's early game and then decide she's town after like 20 more pages

perhaps
In post 1162, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 406, implosion wrote: skitter saying she didn't understand the Drew wagon and then switching to putting Drew at the bottom of her reads list specifically without explaining it until asked is possibly a towntell? I feel like if skitter-scum is catching up and makes that comment about Drew she'd usually feel the need to justify herself when she then puts drew in the bottom of a reads list, just flipping on a dime with no explanation and no relevant intervening content is sort of an unintuitive thing for scum to do.
this is a good post and also a good point tho
In post 1174, fireisredsir wrote: implosion was specifically who i was thinking of when i said people that i suspect keep making towny posts

im not sure if it just feels denser due to reading the whole game at once but he is efforting pretty hard if scum and doing a pretty good job. im not sure how well i can express my suspicions there but ill try tomorrow morning, probably too sleepy to be coherent rn

i think the game is a lot easier if he's town and i think i might be able to find him if he is (i feel more confident in potentially being able to when engaging directly than backreading, for some reason), so im not sure if i want to push there especially
does it really make sense that we are all 3 at the bottom of his reads

I am voting no, the kill fire train goes Choo Choo full steam ahead
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

damn ur right the readlist that i made an hour after making posts describing reactions to some posts i saw while catching up doesn't line up with the thoughts expressed in those posts. how did i mess that up. ugh. i really thought nobody would notice

i truly am a terrible scum player
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Menalque »

I'd find that sort of thing more persuasive if I hadn't just seen Ali, another reputationally good scum player, just spend almost an entire day phase trying to argue that she couldn't be scum because of how bad a misplay an earlier decision would have been

guess what e flipped there
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Menalque »

I think you're careless because you spampost and trust on things getting lost in the noise and people not taking the time to actually sift through and check
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Menalque »

careless doesn't mean bad tho

I am aware of the irony in taking 3 posts to express that thought but in my defence I have since my earlier posts smoked a bowl and am nearly at the going to bed stage of the evening
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i just don't think thats representative of how i play scum at all

im very careful to keep a consistent and cohesive mindset

i almost always wish that people would sift through and check more than they do bc i know im able to back up what i was thinking
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

if you genuinely do want me to i am happy to explain more about my mindset in how my thoughts developed and how that progressed towards my readlist

i just don't really expect it would change your mind you seem pretty set in it
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 623, fireisredsir wrote: RR's thoughts are... fine. doesn't really have a lot to take away from it, actually, a decent amount feels like talking just to talk which is weird for a post that should be giving thoughts
funnily enough I thought there was another reason fire's attempt to move me into a limmable territory felt scummy, and it was this I think lol

way back when fire (as scum) tried to paint me as "talking just to talk" (i.e. "asking questions to ask questions")

which I would like to add, also makes it additionally implausible that he was really thinking I was scum here and is only now coming round after I've explained it. because he knew this about me already (and if he claims not to now, look how he's explicitly referred to my meta this game and ask how that tallies with not knowing about me)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1261, fireisredsir wrote: if you genuinely do want me to i am happy to explain more about my mindset in how my thoughts developed and how that progressed towards my readlist

i just don't really expect it would change your mind you seem pretty set in it
not really interested in reading made up thoughts when it would waste both our time and the energy I do have is much better spent in ensuring that you do not live to see another nightfall in this game
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:17 am

Post by Menalque »

implo can you please e-1 this so we can get a claim while we still have enough time to discuss said claim if necessary
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1262, Menalque wrote:
In post 623, fireisredsir wrote: RR's thoughts are... fine. doesn't really have a lot to take away from it, actually, a decent amount feels like talking just to talk which is weird for a post that should be giving thoughts
funnily enough I thought there was another reason fire's attempt to move me into a limmable territory felt scummy, and it was this I think lol

way back when fire (as scum) tried to paint me as "talking just to talk" (i.e. "asking questions to ask questions")

which I would like to add, also makes it additionally implausible that he was really thinking I was scum here and is only now coming round after I've explained it. because he knew this about me already (and if he claims not to now, look how he's explicitly referred to my meta this game and ask how that tallies with not knowing about me)
the post you're quoting was talking about SS bro come on
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Menalque »

okay that one is my b lol I genuinely thought I'd posted that
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Menalque »

and by "that" I mean this:
In post 718, Rhyme and Reason wrote: okay, screw this. I liked the idea of the gimmick because it would force us to think before posting but given our dual V/LA's it has just made things really hard and I need to actually be able to post stuff (and there's no way we hit the post cap anyway).
In post 623, fireisredsir wrote:RR's thoughts are... fine. doesn't really have a lot to take away from it, actually, a decent amount feels like talking just to talk which is weird for a post that should be giving thoughts
idk if I've played with you before but this is kinda my thing. I do not post with a specific goal in mind, I give my honest thoughts even if they're not conclusive or particularly productive. Once again I must underscore that I am happy to look into any particular questions people want me to check out, I think this is helpful for both parties, but it's way too rarely done in my mind.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

in that case i was definitely pushing SS for something that is basic SS meta but i don't really feel like the same description applies to you, maybe im wrong though
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

Isnt fire at e1 now?

I want nu-andante-2 to join the game and that the slot took an action last night before ending the day
Show
Hiatus once more.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Menalque »

e-2, egix unvoted to vote u

but also that is a good point yeh, I guess we can hold off on e-1
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1269, skitter30 wrote: Isnt fire at e1 now?

I want nu-andante-2 to join the game and confirm that the slot took an action last night before ending the day
Edited to make more clear ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by Aisa »

Right. I too am probably ok with flipping fire here.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1208, implosion wrote: I kind of see why Menalque immediately responds that way to fire's beyond just the post calling Menalque out. It feels like a very overwrought thought process. Like this assertion that Menalque must have had the whole spiel planned out from before the woo vote as town when like, part of what he was doing was asking questions.

like fire, you're saying "I don't find his reads progression believable, it doesn't seem like he genuinely had this planned since before the woo vote and all he does is ask a bunch of questions then give this big reveal" and like. yeah... the point of questions is to change your mind? I think at least part of this is me misinterpreting something but this whole post from fire just feels like either scum having a conclusion that they think they can justify and wanting to justify it, or possibly town who got a gut scumread on Menalque from reading and is now trying to back-justify why that scumread makes sense in the context of his progression without having really thought much about it before typing the words out because the read actually came from gut. And it doesn't sound like that's what fire
thinks
the read is. This probably doesn't make any sense though so alas
this seems to ignore menalque's multiple posts about having something cooking? or am i misunderstanding?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 1230, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1224, Aisa wrote: Ohooh this game is getting interesting
In post 1220, fireisredsir wrote: why's that? i felt a little hesitant about it
Ok, this is spur of the moment and there may have been a tiny little bit of hyperbole in my language, but I liked it because it seemed to be completely unapologetic about having original takes or takes that kinda run counter to the current direction of the game.
Idk, there's definitely an element of gut in the read. But I can also see reasons why a townie would have those takes

What are your reasons for feeling hesitant about it?
i did get that vibe but im unfamiliar with the player and so it's hard for me to judge "unapologetically original and counter to general direction" vs "not having a towny read on the gamestate"

the last bit about "im gonna vote skitter and yeah sure i can probably back this up later" is another one of those things that is like... either totally unashamed town who says what he wants, but it is still a sort of strange thing for town to say on the face of it

im also generally hesitant of being in a position where a lot of the game suspects me and someone feels like they're reaching out and aligning their position in the game closer to mine. it isn't necessarily scummy but scum do that, and im aware that it tends to be effective, and so seeing it makes me immediately a little extra hesitant
Right
(this isn't especially related to why I'm willing to flip you)
I think most of that is understandable and stuff I'm worried about, too. I too fundamentally don't know what Egix is capable of as scum or even what kind of player he is, so I was kind of relying on a guess of his ability. I think I agree his reads are... almost eerily divorced from any sort of direction in the thread and I agree that's worrisome (I thought this earlier too but didn't want to feed you too many talking points before you explained your position).

I'm not sure what you mean by reaching out to you being an effective strategy?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”