Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: bread

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 143, Thestatusquo wrote: I am doubling down on my bread town read and I think sheeps reaction here is sus.

I agree that I don't really believe in making a tenuous chain of logic based off of multiple preflip associations as a valid method for finding scum but on the other hand calling it wolfy seems kind of silly to me.

When have you ever seen scum do that?
In post 343, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 337, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think overall too xofelf might be my main scumread just for like general non-stance-ness
this pings me. Didn't you play with xof in election?
In post 363, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 346, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 343, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 337, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think overall too xofelf might be my main scumread just for like general non-stance-ness
this pings me. Didn't you play with xof in election?
I was actually thinking abt like I remember them p immediately doing like a “vibes” read for each player in whichever game I played with them and I was gonna ask them to do that gun-to-head for this game because that feels really different to the approach right now
ok but they did that with isos after replacing in and they voted like 1 time in that game. idk it just feels like you should be more familiar with the way xof plays the game that to make a comment like this.
In post 565, Thestatusquo wrote: Sheep doesn't do that, sheep likes to make a lot of rapidfire micro observations about things that might be alignment indicative.

I think he's pretty good at replicating it as scum, but to be fair its a much easier style to replicate.
In post 736, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 733, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 732, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 725, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 721, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm starting to entertain a worry that garlic is scum and this is just really elaborate thread control.
U actually townread sheep for the bare minimum don't u
Are you jealous?
No I have just been around the block enough to guess these things xd
I am mildly townreading sheep because I feel like he feels like town sheep from the posting patterns I've seen.

Its a mild town read because like I said I don't really think his style is hard to fake as scum but you seem to be trying to base a scum read on like minimalism and shit from the slot which is something I associate with sheep from either alignment so I don't find it super compelling.
In post 1038, Thestatusquo wrote: Can someone who is not Koba tell my why sheep is scum
In post 1159, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm kinda checked out after the koba reveal but this is basically open wolfing from gb at this point and sheep is likely town because this push is ass
In post 1170, Thestatusquo wrote: I guess sheep is like not the worst flip in the world because it gives me a lot of clarity on those slots but like I still find his posting mildly townie and I see the process behind his posts pretty clearly so I'd much rather flip GB because

a) I think they're way more likely to flip red
b) I think the flip gives us the same information as the sheep lim while not beating around the bush
c) I am way more concerned about potential scum gb controlling the thread than I am about sheep doing so.
shea's progression on sheep, lets see if he can fill in the blanks. supposedly there was a posting pattern that was towny, however earlier it was acknowledged this is "easy to fake" - but it was actually clear the change came from the 1 larger post sheep made.

if shea's read is purely based on preflipping me scum and ignoring sheep's actual content that is a world i can see him as town(but also is not super solid as thats something he would do as scum to push me over sheep) as that is what I also can see, it still goes to reason to not really trust his read there whatsoever. (before I get accused of "discrediting", I am confirming that yes I am discrediting a faulty read.)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

idk most people seem to think my read is fine.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

hands up if you think shea's progression is reasonable here
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

literally two players have said basically that in the last like 4 pages.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

must be my fucking scum buddies.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

i dont see anyone else posting after I posted the quotes, weird, must be some hidden posts
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

also something really weird after I went into prior games is as when looking for sheep town games I had to actually look further back than this year, all of sheeps recently completed games are scum rands here, I find it hard to believe that this was a thought about their towngame and not just their scumgame.

shea will *likely* hide behind ego to not explain it like the other stuff he has failed to explain but i'll call it out anyways

just because im "wrong" about how others are perceiving the game doesn't make my other points automatically null and it was tbh a lazy kind of argument i thought was true that would make it easier to sell at the time, not remotely part of the main bit that the progression is poor compared to other people reading sheep.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

actually my b i completley forgot about election being on MS, I thought the towngame was on MU
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

Spoiler: sheep quotes
In post 3085, sheepsaysmeep wrote: uh page 12 or so
im not gonna update super often cuz I tend to think like only my fully caught up page-120 reads are valid/worth presenting, I just also like to show where my mind has been

malcom is like, very very villagery to me tbh, ive just liked all his thoughts

I do think bub is also very villager. I honestly hated his opening and if we both continue to be alive and im reevaluating that'll keep bugging me more and more lol. but he won me over fairly drastically I think, he's just clearly thinking so hard about the game (basically overthinking) that it's impressive->most often villager, and I really really vibe with the push on curious

kow has an exchange on page 7 that looked rly good; was otherwise wolf reading him. viewtopic.php?p=13708167&sid=3e937e745c ... #p13708167 from here. I think if kow were wolf, then kow thinks he can genuinely get greeting killed. so KT coming in and just being like "nah shit push" would be like, just unconducive and mean lmao

freezer felt a little villagery. just vibes

curious I agree is almost overwhelmingly wolfy. except his tone is so town. I think, gun to my head, I would honestly let that towny tone override wolfy content.

I liked some of ceph overall, tho I think wolfy if play continued to feel like this, like it's too uninvolved-commentary in a wolfy way

also greeting is pretty wolfy I think. =eye on him, or whatever the term was
In post 3269, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 3267, sheepsaysmeep wrote: actually wait im feeling andante wolf now
I guess I just dont rly believe her reads are legit conclusions

suddenly like these 2 ppl are lock wolf, then suddenly these other ppl are the wolves (rly rly simplistically), for in my view flimsy reasons

the last game I played with her feels very contrasting, like she sort of took a process of a few posts/thoughts to conclude that I was wolf. and then she flipped on me fairly easily after I made a good post. doesnt share the projected tonal confidence here.

if this isnt right I blame the current thread for confbiasing me
In post 3356, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think STD and skygazer are like opposite examples of absentees, in what ive read

STD I actually think is villager p firmly lmao. like I don't like dedicating a lot of words to this reasoning. But he has like truly not even 1% will to try to appear villagery. He genuinely doesn't care about that. u get what I mean right

Skygazer, reading her posts I just feel a contrast to what I think about STD. like ostensibly, she doesn’t gaf how people view her, but I get way more the vibe that she is performing. generally taking a lot of 1-liners to get to something or pseudo-fluff “will ISO soon”. “ISO’ing now.”

e.g. The thing I just read, she was like, “I want to do the thing where you color vote counts pls,” then colored every vote count so far, which was only like 2/17 names of useful insight (didn’t even color herself/townreads which is common from people who believe that process is useful). busywork
That sequence was actually like 80% of my vote lol

yea
In post 3697, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I feel things but I have to go in like 10 minutes but I'll try to talk quickly

I think I still stand pretty firmly on skygazer wolf

I think the gambit is actually exactly in line with what I was saying about skygazer right before. their whole game is insanely performative. They had already pulled gambits, like reaction testing flavor leaf, that had absolutely no meaningful effect. so I think it's like, very straightforward to conclude they think just doing gambits is something that looks towny and lean to that as a habit. lots of posts that follow like "I should start solving," still no solving (something I had also already described was wolfy before the claim)
the wolf motivations (putting on a performance to seem villagery, drawing out claims) are way way way greater in magnitude than the town motivations (hard for me to see/empathize with rn)
I also feel good about. if skygazer is indeed wolf then Gimli is obv cleared

also ckd is another person who has been on my radar all game so it like feels a bit good to see them gaining attention in modern time

I'd like to direct the quick question to ckd about what is the intention of posting your catch-up notes in thread? like u talk a lot about how town should be questioning the why behind stuff. not a dig I just have seen multiple times the big wall and dont get what the benefit is (besides to appear villager) for others to see those notes, which seem primarily just like an informational summary of what has happened that is just for yourself

like this is what i mean by sheep being able to post stuff that surface level looks towny ( and hey, he did a kind of "flip floppy" thing that tris thought was towny that game on andante, thus why like these are things I don't even remotely find sheep towny for)

the main stuff is that as town the reads feel not forced - while in this game you had 2 instances, on xof and on vpbaltar, that come to mind that sheep had a read that was completely forced in a pretty obvious way.

its kinda annoying yeah they mask their scumplay by playing this kinda playstyle thats easy to pull out as mafia, but there are aspects you can see that are clearly separate.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

ironically ok: so he barely posted in election, and he wasn't a replace in and lived to pretty lategame. in this game it seems he replaced in pretty late.

now here if we compare the post volume, he has already nearly posted the same as his town game which was over the course of a whole game.

i think sheep actually finds towngames boring and prefers scumgames based on like what I know of sheep then so far and thus has a reverse volume tell potentially.

kinda silly but if it convinces someone so be it.

prob my fault for choking the slot out to not be 100% but o whale
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Ausuka »

-
Last edited by Ausuka on Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1255, Garlic Bread wrote: i dont see anyone else posting after I posted the quotes, weird, must be some hidden posts
you are such an unpleasant person. No one is posting because you make the game deeply unpleasant to play.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1261, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1255, Garlic Bread wrote: i dont see anyone else posting after I posted the quotes, weird, must be some hidden posts
you are such an unpleasant person. No one is posting because you make the game deeply unpleasant to play.
you really do like to project yourself onto everyone around you dont you
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not the person who was blacklisted by like 8 different people in TM.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

it hasnt even been 24 hours since the post, AND everyone has posted within the past 24 hours, so that kind of assertion is extremely silly and just bleeds what that you assert other's POV = your own POV.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1263, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm not the person who was blacklisted by like 8 different people in TM.
you are not 8 people
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1264, Garlic Bread wrote: it hasnt even been 24 hours since the post, AND everyone has posted within the past 24 hours, so that kind of assertion is extremely silly and just bleeds what that you assert other's POV = your own POV.
In post 1244, xofelf wrote: Don't put words in my mouth. I don't think Shea's reasons for thinking sheep is town are forced or bullshit. I don't even think Shea has made actively bad posts either so I'm always really confused that you have the perspective on them that you do. Like.. it feels like you do this thing where if somebody doesn't explain something in the exact same way you would or from the same perspective, then they are wrong and forcing things, or you entirely disregard them and their viewpoints as if they never happened. That's such a weird way to play that I'm surprised it ever works for you *and* that you still come back and play more games. Cuz like, it's always going to get you into these arguments and situations.
but go off about how I'm projecting some more please.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1265, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1263, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm not the person who was blacklisted by like 8 different people in TM.
you are not 8 people
first correct thing you've said in days.

irrelevant to the conversation, but technically correct.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1266, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1264, Garlic Bread wrote: it hasnt even been 24 hours since the post, AND everyone has posted within the past 24 hours, so that kind of assertion is extremely silly and just bleeds what that you assert other's POV = your own POV.
In post 1244, xofelf wrote: Don't put words in my mouth. I don't think Shea's reasons for thinking sheep is town are forced or bullshit. I don't even think Shea has made actively bad posts either so I'm always really confused that you have the perspective on them that you do. Like.. it feels like you do this thing where if somebody doesn't explain something in the exact same way you would or from the same perspective, then they are wrong and forcing things, or you entirely disregard them and their viewpoints as if they never happened. That's such a weird way to play that I'm surprised it ever works for you *and* that you still come back and play more games. Cuz like, it's always going to get you into these arguments and situations.
but go off about how I'm projecting some more please.
"you did it so I never did it" is a pretty piss poor argument
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've got a request maybe for you: Could you try shutting up and letting the other players in this game play? I promise I won't post for 24 hours if you don't either.

I'm only posting to counter your thread influence at this point because you are dragging this game off a cliff and someone needs to stand up to you.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1269, Thestatusquo wrote: I've got a request maybe for you: Could you try shutting up and letting the other players in this game play? I promise I won't post for 24 hours if you don't either.

I'm only posting to counter your thread influence at this point because you are dragging this game off a cliff and someone needs to stand up to you.
weird im trying to squash your influence too to not let you hijack the obviously correct sheep wagon and get people to vote elsewhere
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Then you should take me up on my offer. If sheep is so obviously correct surely the rest of the town will see that without me posting, right?
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

out of sight out of mind, actually, without anyone posting about it people will forget.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1270, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1269, Thestatusquo wrote: I've got a request maybe for you: Could you try shutting up and letting the other players in this game play? I promise I won't post for 24 hours if you don't either.

weird im trying to squash your influence too to not let you hijack the obviously correct sheep wagon and get people to vote elsewhere
AND this is nonsense. You've posted more than any other two non-tris players in this game COMBINED.

But yeah can you please shut up no one wants to hear it anymore.

I'll shut up too and we can let the town decide if my reasons are bullshit or not.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sounds like you sure aren't very confident in it being obvious after all.

Weird.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”