fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

my literal immediate reaction is saying "there's no reason scum mena would post like that here"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1447, fireisredsir wrote: like if its true you were just busy and moving (gl with the move btw) and weren't able to engage with the thread like you usually do then im sorry and in that case you're probably right on sheep

but that conviction thing + framing the previous game as me being unable to read you when it's literally the opposite of that is just. hard for me to see you believing those things as town
Ok do u vote sheep tomorrow after you flip me?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Oh fair enuf i thought there was more back and forth after it.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I retract that point then. I do think that the leadup to that post was scummy tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1451, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1447, fireisredsir wrote: like if its true you were just busy and moving (gl with the move btw) and weren't able to engage with the thread like you usually do then im sorry and in that case you're probably right on sheep

but that conviction thing + framing the previous game as me being unable to read you when it's literally the opposite of that is just. hard for me to see you believing those things as town
Ok do u vote sheep tomorrow after you flip me?
Also i do think that you're not able to read me here of you're town ....
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

yea i mean if you're town then i will be less confident in my ability to read you and ill also feel pretty bad for replacing in here and then getting you killed

and if you're town then sheep and aureal would probably be the first places im looking but id also be worried bc i would not really have a clue who the third would be
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I don't feel the need to commit to solving the game perfectly. I want you to push sheep tomorrow
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1455, fireisredsir wrote: yea i mean if you're town then i will be less confident in my ability to read you and ill also feel pretty bad for replacing in here and then getting you killed

and if you're town then sheep and aureal would probably be the first places im looking but id also be worried bc i would not really have a clue who the third would be
I don't get what the second paragraph is saying here: what are you worried abt and why is pushing sheep contingent on knowing the third
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Like i'm talking in the town-me world, where you flip me, you say i'm probably right on sheep
I happen to know we live in the town-me world, so if i get flipped, i want my reads pushed tomorrow.

What's your hesitancy exactly?
Show
Hiatus once more.

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

skitter can you describe your read on me more

is it mainly dropping off + the way I joined your wagon? I dont remember seeing anything else
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1457, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1455, fireisredsir wrote: yea i mean if you're town then i will be less confident in my ability to read you and ill also feel pretty bad for replacing in here and then getting you killed

I don't get what the second paragraph is saying here: what are you worried abt and why is pushing sheep contingent on knowing the third
the second paragraph is mostly just me saying its hard for me to see that world rn so its hard for me to imagine what id be thinking

pushing sheep isn't contingent on that at all. i think logically you're probably right that if you're town then scum encouraged the push on you bc then that probably just results in both of us dying. and i think sheep is a good bet for being that person in that world

im always hesitant about everything so idk what to tell you
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

skitter:
I have like 7 more pages I want to read and I think I can do it soon, and then I can probably better answer your question about whether I'd vote fire

idk it's a weird question. I cant promise I'd vote him because my instinct finds him mildly more likely town due to similar gamestate feels and stuff, the wagon feels a bit weird and I just don't rly find myself really convinced by things ppl have said.

I can say like I'd re-think him, I'd feel worse about him. I've already been thinking like, it makes some sense to resolve him because a lot of my townreads just want it dead, which would be reinforced with your flip lol. I think sometimes in a game it's owed to flipped villagers to kill their strongest wolfread. but ive had this conversation before where like, someone (mu champs winner) said that a villager died and had said "please kill this person" so now we need to kill that person, and I refused to forego my minor townread on the person, and we agreed to disagree, this seems similar
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

skitter it feels like you're trying to make this a point about pairing me with sheep or something but its not like i ever promise people to vote for who they tell me to anyway so idk what the point is lol

ill vote sheep if i decide to vote sheep. he's near the top of where I'd be looking but honestly im more suspicious of aureal rn. and yes if you're town i will take your reads into account like i always do
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idk

it's a weird line to me "do you agree to go after my reads when I flip v"

I almost feel it's wolfy but that feels possibly a bit unfair. to me like, idk just something about it feels not right, if you were nightkilled I have some instinct to obey your legacy but I feel like you expecting us to follow your reads as if we would def if we were v is un-intuitive. and your read on me feels a little not fleshed out enough to warrant this, it feels like it hopped from im thinkig about sheep to nuke after I die
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

@aureal, @implo, fire votes pls?

I would be willing to do sheep > fire today if that means not doing skitter
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Menalque »

Would much prefer fire tho
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Yeah this game needs a multitude of people to meaningfully respond to the wagons lol
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1464, Menalque wrote: @aureal, @implo, fire votes pls?

I would be willing to do sheep > fire today if that means not doing skitter
*spins, falls down*

I'm trying to poke at a few ISOs, but I feel like nobody's really addressed the concern about the fire wagon that I've brought up a couple of times. Can you go more in depth into why you're still set on fire being scum? He's explained that he was intentionally being more aggressive than needed to test your reaction, but I guess you don't believe that? I still just don't see much reason for scum fire to try to take you down into limmable territory as you said- you're probably the most widely townread slot in the game. If fire is scum, he knows you're town and thus are probably going to just pull out another big towny explanation in response to his push at you, right?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I was going to write about aureal being wolfy but that post resolves a lot of my concerns

this game is just fucked so weird
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, caught up. I'm gonna focus on top wagon with the time left in the day.
The Fire wagon:
started by Egix, seemingly as a pressure vote for the slot's predecessor. Which makes sense, because after interacting with Fire more, Egix feels better about the slot and unvotes. But before the unvote, three votes happen:

Dunnstral votes the slot with no explanation
In post 1056, Dunnstral wrote: VOTE: Deltabreedy
YALL. They never build a case. Go look at their ISO. The two things they say about the slot:
In post 1209, Dunnstral wrote: Right now I am thinking

Alianna mafia, Aureal town, Implosion town, Aisa tow
Alianna hasn't been in the game for 4 real life days when Dunn says this BTW. With all the replacement=palooza that went on I kind of get it, but I also kind of don't because they never interact with Fire, never say why the vote happened or why the vote stays. In this light it looks carelessness, like scum parked a vote somewhere and kind of forgot about having to defend the read.
In post 1397, Dunnstral wrote: Fireisredsir is being very reasonable but I'm not sure if that makes them town. But I my reasons to scumread their slot weren't that strong in the first place either.
Yooo you have been voting this slot all of D2. Why are you willing to lim based on this?

Cephrir votes with no explanation, and when asked refers back to his case against Alianna in :
In post 1059, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: Delta
In post 1098, Cephrir wrote: I'm not following you, I already talked about why I think that slot is scum and my other suspects don't seem to be as popular
which is fair. I can see this being towny. The thing is, the case in 992 is not enough of a reason to lim the slot. I would want to see some updated reads here, and what fire has done/not done to make Ceph feel like keeping the vote.

Skitter votes- it took me a while to find the case, which came after the vote, but I think it's here (skitter please correct me if I'm wrong):
In post 1368, skitter30 wrote: a lot of alianna's takes were questionable at best. she's very obvious of being town when she's town and contributing, here her thoughts felt a lot more forced
i'm also nto sure she would have replaced as town, and the fact that the slot went thru two replacements is questionable to me

for mena: i feel like you tried p hard to read his posts in not good faith. more importantly, i feel like when you realized you couldn't make it stick, you backed down: you didn't 'have conviction in what you were posting, and i found that scummy
So it's based on: questionable takes from Alianna, meta about Alianna, two replacements meta, not liking the push on Mena. Two of those reasons aren't good enough for a lim (meta about whether or not Alianna would have replaced as town and the slot going through two replacements, we can cancel those right out). The other two are totally valid, but there's no facts presented to back them up, they're good enough for a pressure vote, but for a lim?

Mena indicates they're willing to vote for Fire at this point (the 'de facto E1 post), and Egix unvotes, stating they liked Fire's . So at this point, Fire has three votes on them that range from questionable motives to middling reasoning.

This is when Fire and Mena have a big fight and Mena votes Fire. I see that others have broken this down already, so I won't retread unless asked, but Mena's vote and reasoning seems pretty town to me. The big thing that Mena did not like from fire, though, I kind of thought was fair of Fire to bring up- this post:
In post 1389, Merlyn wrote: In post 679, Menalque wrote:
I think the game is like two thirds solved lol

No I will not elaborate at this point
I think Fire was a little sarcastic with it (the wowwwww thing) and also blew it out of proportion, which pissed Mena off. But to actually question Mena about this post is fair I think. I went looking too see if you ever did elaborate Mena, and unless I missed it I don't think you have yet.

SOOOOOO TLDR:
This wagon is not strong enough for a lim. 2 of the votes seem like they could come from town pretty easily, and two of them are varying shades of dubious. I'm not voting on Fire for this. In fact Dunnstral's weak vote here, added to the fact that I already sussed them from D1, makes them the primary choice for me. Skitter would be a second choice, and I'll join the wagon there if I can't make Dunnstral happen. VOTE: Dunnstral
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1468, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I was going to write about aureal being wolfy but that post resolves a lot of my concerns

this game is just fucked so weird
This is more for a future day, but what concerns did you have, and how did Aureals post resolve them?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i found dunn sus until his post about andante replace out meta which felt extremely like town dunn but he also hasn't really played the game since then and im not sure how much good faith im willing to give him off that
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Never played with Dunn before, so I won't be trying to meta him. I can only go off his actions in THIS game, and in this game that is a sus looking vote.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

but eh i don't really want to lim him its just maybe a world i should be considering more than i have been
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1473, fireisredsir wrote: but eh i don't really want to lim him its just maybe a world i should be considering more than i have been
Okay, I see you're voting skitter. why is skitter a better vote than dunn in your eyes?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”