Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1646, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1069, Aureal wrote:
In post 1064, Dunnstral wrote: So why don't you vote sheep instead of me then?

Uh, why? If sheep was trying to make sure Enchant got flipped rather than you, surely the obvious implication would be that you're likely scum partners? Is it very likely that scum goes out of the way trying to wave a town wagon onward when the growing counterwagon is also town?
In post 1070, Aisa wrote: Lol @ the above
@Aisa why didn't you believe Aureal's theory here?

Uh, I'm pretty sure that lol is because she misinterpreted who a question was directed at and answered it herself. I don't think she was laughing at me.

I hope she wasn't laughing at me. :(
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.1

Crime was always one aspect of policing that hindered the police force from doing its job. That’s why, in 1975, the department of justice proposed the radical idea of cutting back on the numbers of crimes that would be tolerated during any given year.

The 1975 crime figures were as high as 100,000, but by 1977 the total number had been reduced to 65,000. This was largely due to a polite but firm public information campaign which targeted offenders, informing them of the new, official crime ration, and explaining just how much pressure the average police officer was under.

Many lawbreakers were sensitive to the needs of the police and either stopped committing crimes completely or only committed those that were legal. Many helped out by leaving incriminating evidence at the scenes of crimes and in 1979 a consortium of gangland bosses even held a charity knee-capping event, the proceeds of which went to the police pedicure fund.

fireisredsir (1):
Menalque
Aisa (1):
sheepsaysmeep

Not voting (7):
Dunnstral, Egix96, implosion, Cephrir, fireisredsir, Aisa, Aureal

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-24 17:55:00)

Notes:
  • sheepsaysmeep is on V/LA through Saturday 5/17.
  • Aisa is on V/LA through Sunday 5/18.
  • Cephrir is on V/LA through Tuesday 5/20.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

Will be around later today!
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1648, Aureal wrote:
Who what huh? I thought you were talking about Ceph, the person who started the push on skitter and made sure the day ended there?
Wow that's really far away from being a thing that happened
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Aureal »

You didn't start the day off by calling skitter scum for voting you and suddenly pop in to end the day hammering her?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Egix96
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by implosion »

if there isn't consensus then i sort of think we should massclaim. i disagree with dunn that it's unlikely to help. like, we 100% massclaim tomorrow if we don't today, even if we lim scum today, imo, and i feel a little lost.

That said there might just be consensus to lim fire. I think after
ignoring this game pretty heavily
mulling it over I do want to just lim fire and it seems like it's semi-likely to simply be enough votes.

VOTE: fireisredsir

i'm kind of apathetic about a lot of this game right now but could theoretically be spurred away from apathy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1654, Aureal wrote: You didn't start the day off by calling skitter scum for voting you and suddenly pop in to end the day hammering her?
This isn't what your post says, and no I did not suddenly pop in I made it perfectly clear I was letting merlyn use my vote.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

implosion why would we mass claim if there is a consensus elimination like you say?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1658, Dunnstral wrote: implosion why would we mass claim if there is a consensus elimination like you say?
please reread the following sentences:
In post 1656, implosion wrote: if there isn't consensus then i sort of think we should massclaim.
In post 1656, implosion wrote: That said there might just be consensus to lim fire.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I currently prefer mass claim to any lim
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1657, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1654, Aureal wrote: You didn't start the day off by calling skitter scum for voting you and suddenly pop in to end the day hammering her?
This isn't what your post says, and no I did not suddenly pop in I made it perfectly clear I was letting merlyn use my vote.

Who was pushing skitter before you?

And there's nothing "perfectly clear" about why you hammered. It felt pretty out of the blue to me at the time, and going back and reading your posts there still doesn't much change that impression. You didn't commit to anything with your vote, you halfheartedly pondered voting with Merlyn in a way that wouldn't raise objections if you didn't do so. Like you possibly could if she'd voted where you didn't want to vote.
-furtiveglance
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1661, Aureal wrote:
In post 1657, Cephrir wrote:

Who was pushing skitter before you?

And there's nothing "perfectly clear" about why you hammered. It felt pretty out of the blue to me at the time, and going back and reading your posts there still doesn't much change that impression. You didn't commit to anything with your vote, you halfheartedly pondered voting with Merlyn in a way that wouldn't raise objections if you didn't do so. Like you possibly could if she'd voted where you didn't want to vote.
There is a difference between "started the push on skitter" and "was the first person pushing skitter"

No one cares about my skitter push and it was fully irrelevant by the time a second completely unrelated push occurred

You can call things halfhearted with no citation if you want I guess
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1530, Cephrir wrote: @merlyn thoughts on switching to sheep or aureal? i might just vote whatever you want right now bc i think you're town and i am so checked out
Huge skitter pusher cephrir, everyone
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Really made sure the day ended there by parking on fire for most of the day and then mind controlling merlyn

VOTE: aureal
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

will give this an attempt tomorrow, sorry it's a somewhat daunting task

main goal rn is still to first look back and see if i feel ok with clearing implosion
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

Egix96 and Menalque were prodded.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1660, Cephrir wrote: I currently prefer mass claim to any lim
I don't see the point in massclaiming this Day, personally.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Egix96 »

VOTE: Dunnstral

Shrug. I'm feeling like they were let off the hook too easily on D2.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1662, Cephrir wrote: There is a difference between "started the push on skitter" and "was the first person pushing skitter"

No one cares about my skitter push and it was fully irrelevant by the time a second completely unrelated push occurred
You're splitting hairs. You don't think earlier events can shape later ones? Expressing suspicion of someone may well influence the opinions of others. Did you ever take it back? I don't recall you ever going "never mind everyone, I'm convinced skitter is town and my suspicion was misplaced." I haven't gone back to read it all yet but I think you just sort of stopped talking about it eventually and fire picked it up a bit later.
You can call things halfhearted with no citation if you want I guess
Something like "Merlyn I'm going to vote whichever wagon you do if you vote there" would be absolutely clear. What you actually said was:

"@merlyn thoughts on switching to sheep or aureal? i might just vote whatever you want right now bc i think you're town and i am so checked out"

Saying 'might' in no way makes it absolutely clear that you're going to immediately drop a hammer once Merlyn votes.

In fact, your actions there don't even make that much sense because you're asking her about moving to people who have no wagon. If you're really just checked out and wanted to vote with her regardless of wagon size, why not vote the wagon she was trying to push (Dunnstral)? That would've actually brought him back to being a potentially viable counterwagon with three votes and several others who had expressed openness to vote there.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1664, Cephrir wrote: Really made sure the day ended there by parking on fire for most of the day and then mind controlling merlyn

You were parked on fire for most of the day? This all started because fire said you were "the one to actually take action and start campaigning for alternate wagons" remember? That doesn't seem to match up well with your description of your day. Why are you not seeming to take issue with the inaccurate way fire describes your action but nitpicking mine, other than obvious reason that fire's inaccuracy makes you look better?
-furtiveglance
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1670, Aureal wrote:
In post 1664, Cephrir wrote: Really made sure the day ended there by parking on fire for most of the day and then mind controlling merlyn

You were parked on fire for most of the day? This all started because fire said you were "the one to actually take action and start campaigning for alternate wagons" remember? That doesn't seem to match up well with your description of your day. Why are you not seeming to take issue with the inaccurate way fire describes your action but nitpicking mine, other than obvious reason that fire's inaccuracy makes you look better?
I stand by my statements and you are either not checking whether what I've said is true or lying.
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok so implosion

i think i just started feeling off about him bc of disagreeing with some early takes and how he framed them

the confidence felt performative on some of the early reads. after refreshing my memory on how he plays town i don't think this is out of character for him though. maybe it was the fact that he commented on this that made me think he could be overcompensating with it but thats pretty weak. stuff like the last paragraph of just pings me pretty hard

stuff like is quite towny i think. in a way that he's probably capable of faking, but he does this all game. it's just the kind of post that doesn't really advance scum wincon much at all beyond making himself look townier (which it does exactly bc it's a pro-town post)

still is a good point and observant in a way that is less likely for scum to be

i think he dropped the enchant case a little too early for me and that was part of why i was suspicious. it felt like that eagerness could come from someone who knew they had an enchant meta read and wanted to cash in on it before it no longer was applicable. i know ive done similar things as scum so maybe thats why i was suspicious

i forgot about this post but i think it was a big part of my scumread. the vibes are just not great. the like... "andante i don't understand what you're saying ://" and then trying to engage with the thought and assign logic to it just feels like... scum keeping themselves busy, i guess, bc idk what this is really going to accomplish

his push on dunn early d2 was good

his takes on ceph vs skitter were pretty good

i think p much everything he's done since i replaced in is good

i don't think my reasons that i had for scumreading are very good its basically just "he COULD do this as scum" but there's really very little if anything that i wouldn't expect from him as town

i think he's just town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

idk if that's useful to literally anyone bc idk if anyone had any doubts on implosion anyway and he's probably getting nightkilled lol

but it's somewhere to start at least
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

also side note but while im was rereading this i really did not finding sheep's early game as towny as i originally did. well, it is towny, but like, in the way that feels like scum who is good at having a towny-looking early game. posts are fluffed out a little to show thought, and originally i hadn't done any sheep meta but after having seen how sheep plays scum, he's v capable of doing that

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”