Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:06 am

Post by Ausuka »

Looking around, the remaining conspirators had hoped this area would be where they could find garlic bread. Unfortunately this proved to not be the case. There was another locked door, which indicated they may need to travel further into the warehouse in order to find a garlic bread. This time, the 'key' to opening the door appeared to be some kind of strange chess board, in which people had to 'cosplay' as certain chess characters.

Votecount 3.5Dunnstral (4) - hellbooks, Thestatusquo, Merlyn, Enchant
Thestatusquo (1) - Garlic Bread

Not Voting (1) - Dunnstral

Deadline is in (expired on 2023-06-21 12:42:24). With 6 people alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

The conspirators dressed up in outfits resembling chess pieces. Unfortunately, there was only one of each outfit, so they had one queen, one rook, one bishop, one knight, one pawn and one king. Once they all stepped on the chess board, the mechanical black pieces whirred into action. When one of them would move, a piece of the other colour would move. Unfortunately, it soon became clear that in order to win, a sacrifice needed to be made. They quickly held a majority vote, and decided Dunnstral should be the one to put himself in harm's way. The black queen moved to 'take him', and the floor he was standing on fell out from under him, causing him to drop into a pool of water. Looking down, they saw he was obviously confused and scared by this - he didn't seem to have any knowledge of this trap at all. Eventually, he was able to grab onto a float and exit the water, but he couldn't leave the 'pool room' and was forced to sit and wait on the waterside.

Dunnstral was eliminated on Day 3. He was a
Vanilla Townie
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:20 am

Post by Ausuka »

Night 3 begins now and ends in (expired on 2023-06-22 09:20:32). Please submit any night actions before then. Fast night is available if everyone asks for it.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

The door finally opened, but not to a hallway as before. Instead, there was an elevator, with what appeared to be four separate chambers, except one of them had been split in half, so instead they had three normal sized compartments and two small ones. They all had to split up in order to fit, and then looked to close the elevator - To their surprise, there was only one button. They pressed it, and the door closed. As most of them perceived it, the elevator started rising up, and then opened to a new hallway, which felt pretty chilly. However, when they stepped out of the room, one of them wasn't there. Looking at the elevator, they noticed one of the compartments hadn't travelled up with them. Instead, garlic bread lay on the floor below them, their compartment still closed, and unconscious. Thankfully, they appeared to be mostly unharmed, but it hadn't escaped any of their notice that these 'punishments' were becoming increasingly brutal.

Garlic Bread was killed on Night 3. They were a
Vanilla Townie
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Ausuka »

The group was shaken. There were only four of them left - less than half of what they had started with - and there was still a traitor among them. This operation wasn't going particularly well. Still, they seemed to have reached their destination. This new 'block' had a sign with the word 'REFRIGATORIUM' on it. While no one was really familiar with this word, it sounded kind of like fridge, and that's where you store garlic bread. With any luck, they could grab the garlic bread, escape, and the mission would still be a success.

Votecount 4.0Not Voting (4) - Enchant, hellbooks, Merlyn, Thestatusquo

Deadline is in (expired on 2023-06-29 10:04:59). With 4 people alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Welp.

The good news is today is very simple. I have a guilty. The bad news is that its elo so its time for a 1v1.

I'm a rolecop.

I softed it here:
In post 1731, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1728, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1725, Thestatusquo wrote: Unless mafia has like a
multitasking roleblocker
I guess.

But thats a paranoia for a later day that hopefully I won't be around for.
multitasking roleblocker is a towny role plz
there's more irony here but I'll save it for later.
In post 1734, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1732, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1731, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1728, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 1725, Thestatusquo wrote: Unless mafia has like a
multitasking roleblocker
I guess.

But thats a paranoia for a later day that hopefully I won't be around for.
multitasking roleblocker is a towny role plz
there's more irony here but I'll save it for later.
It was a joke as you know I was that exact role in TM
I know. I am saying there is a deeper layer to the joke that I don't want to share right now.
The context is in team mafia in Ausuka's game Mastina was a scum role cop and they guiltied Koba (garlic bread) as their scum buddy because they were a multitasking roleblocker.

This is the deeper level of the joke I'm referring to here. Koba was joking about multitasking RB being a townie role to me, who was a role cop, the role who had just caught them in the game they were making the joke about.

You can see them picking up on this and talking about it here.
In post 1931, Garlic Bread wrote: full disclosure I thought shea had softed roleblocker/rolecop and the reason they were entertaining me as pretty much locktown was because they were claiming they checked me via this way.

but looking at the roles town has assuming tris town world, Town JK, 1S BP, and goon, and allegedly either another goon or some light counterplay(im gonna go with goon based on baltar's reaction to thinking there was doc jailkeeper and bp in the setup, i think that he was genuine in the fact he thought the setup didnt fit from a scum POV)

alisae slot/hellbooks never scum for sure based on interactions with flipped scum here
tris follows
i think xof slot is like ? kinda clearish and enchant feels like town so its like yeah.
My other checks are garlic bread and hellbooks both vanilla.

So anyway, enchant want to explain why your role is "1-shot strongman"?

VOTE: enchant
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Enchant »

OH DAMN

FINALLY

THIS IS FIRST TIME I GET FAKEGUILTIED

I AM SO HAPPY, MOSTLY PEOPLE JUST SHITPUSH ME FOR BAD HAMMERS
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:41 am

Post by hellbooks »

merlyn please help me
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:49 am

Post by hellbooks »

shea i have several questions

- what was your thought process about me when you saw the vanilla result
- why do you think xof didnt use the strongman on n1
- what do you think about bp+jk+rc<->sm as a setup
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:50 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 113, VP Baltar wrote: VOTE: shea

Why not
In post 120, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 117, Garlic Bread wrote: VOTE: VP Baltar
This one has made the unfortunate mistake of turning off his oven.
I believe they have access to the recipe book and are listing ingredients that we are trying to figure out.
How do you feel about shea?
In post 424, VP Baltar wrote: Is this when we fight now Shea? I don't think I'm misrepping you. If you'd like to explain your point in whatever subtlety you think I'm missing, be my guest.
In post 539, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 500, Alisae wrote: I think the D1 elimination will probably be Shea Sheep or Balter
can u explain why you want to lim shea? I am going back through your iso and you were calling him town at one point. I'm confused.
In post 603, VP Baltar wrote: VOTE: alisae

I feel most comfortable here right now. I don't like the hellbrooks lim for D1 personally.

I don't think alisae is actually scumhunting and keeps trying to shade me for ???. This bugged me earlier when she was demanding a reads list from me, and clearly wasn't paying attention to the game.

I also think she's trying to get by on social schmoozing rather than hunting scum. The xof town read is eh, and I don't see how she goes from town read Shea-> let's lim Shea--> asking Shea for advice.

Just a bowl of wtf soup
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote: I think there are a few main things that keep bugging me about Alisae:

Unexplained reads, even when asked for a little more depth

Let's go back to when she votes me first.
In post 158, Alisae wrote:
In post 155, VP Baltar wrote: The fact you are trying to build a multi-point case on page six is pretty absurd on its face though. I find it hard to believe you're taking the game that seriously at this point.
VOTE: VP
It's a naked vote that obviously leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Does she think GB's case at that point was good? Does she think I'm being too critical? Is this a chainsaw? I have no idea, but also at the time I'm kind of like "whatever, maybe she vibing"

The very next thing we get from Alisae is the xof townread...again for thin reasoning.
In post 159, Alisae wrote: oh also xof unvote could be townie so for now they are my strongest tr
it's not that strong but it is what it is
You'll remember I asked xof about this because it definitely feels pockety to me personally. Xof didn't seem to think so and said they have played together a lot, so I'm taking that under advisement. But what I think bugs me here is that this is the start of a pattern of reads that feel a little pulled out of a hat and designed to keep Alisae from doing work in the game more than they are actual sorting.

I brought this up around her shea play as well. She goes back and forth on calling him town and scum several times (but mostly town! don't want to ruffle feathers) with no explanation, even when I inquired more directly. You'll recall, she said she voted him for taking a "do nothing" strategy, which sounds like projection to me. Keep in mind, sheep-VP-shea are the only three names I've seen her throw out in an apparently serious way. It's all a bit flimsy and falls over with even the slightest closer inspection.

Now, let's be fair here, some of this this is very early game. But my issue real issue is that this has persisted through page 30 whatever now. I was willing to give it a pass early on. People need to find their feet in the early game. But if your naked vote on page 2 or whatever is still your top scum read after 30 pages and that's almost never changed? BEEEEP BOOOOPP SCUM LOCK ALERT BEEEP BOOOP

I can't tell you how many times I've played scum where I lock onto an early game read, forget I'm really there and then dozens of pages pass and I'm like "LOL, I'm still voting my RVS person, better make up some reason why that is."

Alisae occassionally takes pot shots at me that don't even make sense, and I think that's actually her trying to justfiy her vote being there. I'll touch on this as my third point in a minute.

Social positioning away from a D1 lim

As I mentioned above, I thought the xof read felt a little pockety, which is why I was asking xof a bit about it. Willing to admit my instincts differ from xof's there, but whatever.
In post 177, Alisae wrote: I don't think I need to have a good read on users Tris + Skygazer + Hellbooks
I imagine those 3 will probably towntell or wolftell eventually.
User Alisae will find it
This also struck me as pockety. Or at the very least, attempting to get a third of the users to not look at her until later in the game. Again, it's a bit cynical of a read on my part, I'll admit, but it's actually kind of a smart wolf play if that's what it is in the sense that 1) you are reducing expectations on who you will provide opinions on D1 and 2) maybe those people reciprocate and don't take a hard look at you either D1. That essentially guarantees an elimination on you is tough if not impossible. A smart social play imo in an alisae!scum world. (it's probably also no surprise she ends up at town reads on all three here I think)

I think she's been schmoozing tris a bit since then, and largely ignoring the other two except for a very brief vote on hellbrooks when momentum was swinging that way.

More broadly, this feeds back into point 1 about how static her reads have been. Unless she has a HIGH LEVEL of confidence the solve is VP + sheep, i don't see how anyone can look at her play to this point and feel like she's actually trying to sort people.

Pot shots as justification for static reads

I mentioned above that Ali is trying to score cheap points with the audience rather than scum hunt, and I think this is peppered throughout her ISO. An example is when she tried to call me out for not having a reads list. I had literally just said I didn't have one. Here is the exchange:
In post 302, Alisae wrote:
In post 301, VP Baltar wrote: Ok, if meta isn't really your thing, that makes sense.
Who is aligned with the mafia VP Baller
In post 303, VP Baltar wrote:Ur mom
In post 304, VP Baltar wrote: I don't know yet. I'll be sure to tell you first when I do though
In post 305, Alisae wrote: my mum is aligned with the mafia so you must be aligned with the village to have such an accurate read on my mum
In post 306, VP Baltar wrote: Did you not read this exact exchange I just had with garlic bread?
In post 307, Alisae wrote: I don't think I care about it
In post 309, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 307, Alisae wrote: I don't think I care about it
Why did you ask me for scum reads then?
In post 310, Alisae wrote: Because I wanted to know who u thought was mafia
In post 311, VP Baltar wrote: But I just said like a few pages ago that I had no clue at this point. Did you not read that part?
In post 312, Alisae wrote: Ig I didn’t see it!
I think it's easy to see she didn't actually even care about the answer to the question. There's no deeper reason to why she asked me what my reads were than "I wanted to see". And when I say I don't have one, she just backs away from the convo. I think the intent here was to paint me as someone who isn't playing the game, and when I called her out for actually being the person who isn't paying attention to the game, she just disengages with the convo. This is what I mean by pot shots.

Here is another one (along with another "D1 pass" which is the social positioning I was talking about)
In post 590, Alisae wrote: I want to give shea a d1 pass.

@Skygazer + Shea
- does VP Baller feel like they actually do care about trying to figure out alignments? I want to say yes but last time I played w/ them I TR'd them when they were wolf.
Like, I think it's reasonable to poke at me for sure. But if the criticism is "he's not trying to figure out alignments"...uh ok. I think my signal to noise ratio is pretty decent (except for when I felt like shit posting yesterday bc I was in a silly mood). This is such a blanket criticism that's detached from reality if you are even looking for two mins at my ISO. It's shade and it's trying to loop in supporting voice on a blanket shade comment. thx I hate it.

There are a million examples of this, from dropping my name repeatedly in quiet ways that seem intent on keeping me in the ether of discussion to stuff like this:
In post 781, Alisae wrote: I also think they’ve pushed me in ways wolves probably would so there’s that too
which sounds neat...until you even spend 1 second thinking about what it actually means.

I've pushed her in wolfy ways? What does that mean? I didn't start pushing her until recently. She has incredibly static reads and is trying to schmooze people, all of which has been bugging me, but I also didn't want to launch into a whole thing if this is her town meta (which I don't think it is).

Last night she beetlejuiced in here when I called for a flash wagon on her. I think she can see I'm starting to feel better about this read being correct and that I'm going to push it in a more serious way, and that's bugging her. that's when she made they "wolfy reasons" comment without even hearing my reasons in an explained way. It's shade all the way down.

If you want a hot take, i think there's a non-zero chance that shea or Garlic Bread are her partner.

THE END
In post 1028, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1027, Garlic Bread wrote: anyone with experience with shea have seen him tunnel illogically like this as town?
I think a tunnel fight with Shea can go bad. I've been in that with a TvT with him before. I said things that were mean and regretted them. I think it's best if you two just take a break from the fight and chat with others. My two cents
In post 1196, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1166, Thestatusquo wrote: I also think there's probably one wolf in {ali GB} and not two I don't think the interplay between them was theatre I think its one pocketing the other.
Is Shea pocketing me? Maybe
In post 17, Thestatusquo wrote: My scum buddy is VPB so don't come after either of us.
bruh
I did nothing i just isoed VP baltar and opened page 1.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Enchant »

I kinda have nothing to say, if you have any questions, ask.
Wizard-Mercenary

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Merlyn »

Enchant, why aren't you voting Shea?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 2057, hellbooks wrote: merlyn please help me
All we wanted was delicious carby garlicky goodness , was that so wrong?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2058, hellbooks wrote: shea i have several questions

- what was your thought process about me when you saw the vanilla result
- why do you think xof didnt use the strongman on n1
- what do you think about bp+jk+rc<->sm as a setup
My thought process is that the vanilla result is kind of useless for you. I never really believed your doctor shenanigans (nor did I think you were doing that with the intent of being believed.) It didn't change how I was approaching your slot at all.

No idea. I'm not great with mech stuff like this. I can think of a some reasons why it would make sense to save it if you want but ultimately I'm not really sure what the right play for scum would be.

I think that as an investigative role cop is very weak and it makes sense to me as a natural counter to the JK while also being the only role that gets guiltied by me. So like weak invest + protective with anti town utility makes some amount of sense to me. I've never designed a micro before so I don't really claim to be an expert but I think gun to my head I'd say its town sided, but I'm not really sure. I think the JK kind of makes sense too as a possible false positive to the role cop.

But like I said micro balance is not really a thing I have any experience or confidence in.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sorry the beginning of that last paragraph is all sorts of confusing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Should say like:

It makes sense to have a role that is the natural counter to the JK which also is the only guilty for the role cop while having the JK as a potential false positive potential guilty as well.

Is probably a more understandable way of saying what I was trying to convey.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2061, Merlyn wrote: Enchant, why aren't you voting Shea?
Hammer is mine
Wizard-Mercenary

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2066, Enchant wrote:
In post 2061, Merlyn wrote: Enchant, why aren't you voting Shea?
Hammer is mine
I appreciate that you're like this all the time.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Fwiw and i know this is wifom as soon as I say it but I don't think i would try to engineer a 1v1 here if i were scum.

I think i would probably try to maneuver the day into hellbooks v enchant and try to work with merlyns town read of me yesterday to be in more of an arbiter role. I think there's a good chance that would work.

Forcing a 1v1 here takes away a lot of my agency as scum and i usually try to avoid doing that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Plus my investigations are much more consistent with someone trying to check his reads than they are with someone who is simply pr hunting. I checked slots i was suspicious of or unsure of.

I think if i were scum i would have definitely checked Tris to see if the bp claim was real.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Merlyn »

Shea, what order did you investigate?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Garlic bread then hellbooks then enchant.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:27 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 2062, Merlyn wrote:
In post 2057, hellbooks wrote: merlyn please help me
All we wanted was delicious carby garlicky goodness , was that so wrong?
you dont understand... 7 million dollars rests in the balance of this game
for both you and me
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:29 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 2068, Thestatusquo wrote: Fwiw and i know this is wifom as soon as I say it but I don't think i would try to engineer a 1v1 here if i were scum.

I think i would probably try to maneuver the day into hellbooks v enchant and try to work with merlyns town read of me yesterday to be in more of an arbiter role. I think there's a good chance that would work.

Forcing a 1v1 here takes away a lot of my agency as scum and i usually try to avoid doing that.
yeah i was thinking that too like just seems like clearing me is a bad move if scum but i guess it really depends on the confidence you have to win the 1v1 which is i guess unverifiable
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:31 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 2063, Thestatusquo wrote: My thought process is that the vanilla result is kind of useless for you. I never really believed your doctor shenanigans (nor did I think you were doing that with the intent of being believed.) It didn't change how I was approaching your slot at all.
at some point it felt like you just completely stopped hating me though
was that something unrelated to the result
i guess its hard to really say since we had that pseudoguilty on d2 and you had vivormeet on d3

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”