sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

hem

I think I would feel much more validated about general grasp of the game / being on a good path. Like my view of things was always heavily based on you being town + things we were pushing being heavily town-driven, but flips so far have made me think I need to turn my thoughts on their head lol

I would agree with you that our position is pretty good. NM would prob be a good call for wolf just POE-wise. maybe drew/ bot/roden slot still. Maybe invis for d1, can you remind me what you think of them
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I really like Sheep in these pages, i think they are giving serious thoughts about the game and are very likely town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Ok good night folks I broke v/la for this just cuz mech is so interesting
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 849, NorwegianboyEE wrote: You can start by elaborating more on your read on me. Why do you think i am more likely scum than town in this game HEM?
I'm not sold on you being clear with Nurse's interaction. The fact that you've been mentioned and were "focused on" shouldn't be considered as clearing because it's just as easy to say that it was distancing. I remember as scum, a nerd had a scumtell on me about how much more often i say my partner's name than other players. Random Nurse never voted your slot despite throwing shades there and forgot about developing a read on the slot midway into the game. A lot of your content today also isn't that complicated to pull off if scum. And now you ran me up E-1, so that's a point against you.

I'm looking for slots who were enabling a hem vs espionage dichotomy yesterday and i think those who exercised distance from it are towny more than scummy. and i remember those who i felt as if distancing from that. because i was there. with nurse being a constant presence in that fight, it's a sign to look who's also around that. Sadly your slot was one of them.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I voted your slot to E-1 because i believe in justice. Nothing but purity flows through my veins now i am clean.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:32 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also "everything i’ve done is fakeable"? Meh.
I like your reasoning for sussing Owl better though.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I would be ok with following my plan.

VOTE: N_M

- Bunno
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 806, sheepsaysmeep wrote: roden did you have a read on me from your catchup

I think you tonally sound town. Your frustration with Day 1 was palpable, the say the least, but you notably became re-invested in the game whenever things turned in your favor. I think that kind of energy tends to come from town. Though, I understand that you tend to lean towards apathy as town, so it does stand out that you haven't really felt apathetic this game IMO. And according your own self meta in , you're displaying a scum tell by being so active; you're currently the third most active player in the game. Then again, I have to think "why would scum!Sheep tell everyone one of his scum tells and then enact that exact tell?"

So, I overall read you as town, but your meta feels funky.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 793, humaneatingmonkey wrote: im a town bodyguard finder. i visited someone but they're not a bodyguard. unfortunately it's not peregrine.
There's zero reason not to claim results here btw. Outting a player as "not Bodyguard" doesn't give scum useful information.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'd also like that information tbh. It would make their claim more believable if they had an concrete result to show to.

- Bunno
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:29 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 672, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I don't know. Maybe he is. Really have no way of saying. He doesn't look like he's town, either. Think I'll park my vote here. VOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 673, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Tbh i'm not that eager voting N_M because they're not gonna react to the push or become more readable, they don't usually seem townie when town, nor scummy when scum. They're just a blank spot. A joker card in a game of mafia to make it harder because they could be anything and you'd never know.
In post 675, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I'm thinking a wagon on him will make the slot more readable.
In post 826, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 823, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Who anti-spews?
N_M. There's no event in the game where he'll ever be readable. It's so easy to just flip him and make the game easier. And there's a lot to be gained with that wagon. If it flips scum, it's gonna reveal I'm town... first of all. And if it flips town, there's a wagon everyone can see and read.

Just keep me for a day more. I like playing the game.
Hmmmmm
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:34 pm

Post by Roden »

Scum!HEM probably just fake claims Bodyguard Finder here. It's Cop-adjacent, so it's theoretically good enough to buy him an extra day and better than having to actually claim Cop and risk getting counter claimed.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:38 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 856, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I would be ok with following my plan.

What's the benefit to voting out NM over HEM today when HEM is only asking for one extra day to live? He already seems to plan on dying to tomorrow's vote, so what's the point?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 862, Roden wrote:

What's the benefit to voting out NM over HEM today when HEM is only asking for one extra day to live? He already seems to plan on dying to tomorrow's vote, so what's the point?
There are benefits to both sides.
If HEM's role was confirmed to be real do you think it would more likely be town than scum?

- Bunno
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 863, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 862, Roden wrote:

There are benefits to both sides.
If HEM's role was confirmed to be real do you think it would more likely be town than scum?
Honestly? I think it's useless for both alignments. Scum have multitasking, so they can be a Bodyguard and still use the factional kill. So a town Bodyguard Finder could get a positive result and I still wouldn't town lock them. On the other hand, it sounds useful for scum but how useful is it really? Cool, they can learn if someone is a Bodyguard...then what? If an investigative role exists, they want to find that, so I guess they know a Bodyguard isn't investigative (unless they're a combined role), so maybe they aim somewhere else with their NK. But five million Bodyguards stop them from making the kill they want to make anyway, and they apparently only had a single Strongman shot, who is now dead.

So idk, it just feels too convoluted to even exist.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So there is no good reason for it to exist?
This is even more ground for HEM to claim their result.

- Bunno
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:00 am

Post by Roden »

I feel like I worded that in a confusing way

Basically I don't see the point of the role's existence, and trying to figure out what alignment it belongs to if it does exist feels too much like "outguess the mod" to me

PE: Yeah, he needs to claim results.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:08 am

Post by Roden »

Going back a bit, I'm confused on why HEM is bargaining for an extra day because he isn't offering anything. If he wanted to prove his role, he could've just given his N1 results instead of waiting to get more results on N2. He isn't making any serious pushes, and even after he admitted that scum could be using him as a battering ram to vote out townies due to bad reads, he didn't reassess even after being wrong on Espeon and Nurse. He
still
only wants to flip the same slots he scum read on Day 1.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

UNVOTE:

- Bunno
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 760, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 746, Peregrine wrote: I really don't know if I will have a lot of time for this but!!!! I am going to just claim for now, I am a compulsive bodyguard and please tell me who to guard! I was on HEM last night!!

I feel it best to just say this if I am in some people's POE, if the mafia wants to kill me by virtue of being a PR so be it!!! But otherwise if I am given a pool of two or three people I will decide who to guard within them!!!
What was the point of claiming
Hello! I claimed because I know my contributions will be minimal this game and I would like to be helpful by the majority pointing me towards someone to protect and thus keeping the other bodyguards safe for now! If they have to use power to kill or block me then they cannot use that on louder and townier voices!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:18 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Sorry I've fallen behind. Will try to get to this soon.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:41 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 793, humaneatingmonkey wrote: im a town bodyguard finder. i visited someone but they're not a bodyguard. unfortunately it's not peregrine.
sounds like a scum role
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:47 am

Post by bob3141 »

Its in effect a weakened version of vannila cop. They can spot the town bg pr but not other pr role.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:53 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 850, sheepsaysmeep wrote: hem

I think I would feel much more validated about general grasp of the game / being on a good path. Like my view of things was always heavily based on you being town + things we were pushing being heavily town-driven, but flips so far have made me think I need to turn my thoughts on their head lol

I would agree with you that our position is pretty good. NM would prob be a good call for wolf just POE-wise. maybe drew/ bot/roden slot still. Maybe invis for d1, can you remind me what you think of them
N_M would still be a waste of a day 2 execution. N_M should be in everyone poe but simply not an informative slot at the moment. After all he is lurker slot thats hard to read. However, a more active slot gives more info as you have what they flip as and who did and woulnt vote for them.

So in summary N_M is valid once we in stage of not wanding to enter elo with him.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:47 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 841, humaneatingmonkey wrote: yeah, but im not mafia. you also have to think about that.
wow great argument :-P There are 10 players alive in this games that would all say the same thing and 2 of them are not going to be telling the truth.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”