Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:47 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

would not recommend just loosely vibing and then reading the 35 pages for real in one sitting

but I'll probably end up doing again
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

HURT: everything

HEAL: sheep
HEAL: tris
HEAL: fire

I maybe want to hold off on other 2 spots
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idk

offhand interesting thought is that hellbooks doesnt feel partnered with anyone except maybe my townreads because of palpably low desire to impact the game

hellbooks/shea isnt a team because that amount of thread control would be ridiculously low when shea is capable of having more thread control as scum but would be choosing not to lol

hellbooks/ari not a team because of established "scum!ari would be playing interestingly weirdly and would likely be with a deepwolf??"

hellbooks/isis not teamy because they seem decent at forum mafia but have basically 0 thread influence

hellbooks/bulge would be really funny for similar reasons

I could see hellbooks/fire tho and maybe hellbooks/tris snowing us makes sense in terms of dynamics lol

idk if this thread influence thing makes sense
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by Isis »

2 players that both have thread influence usually aren't scum. Sometimes scumteams just throw and wilt and both players who lack influence are scum. Even I have done this even though I am somehow being accused of being good at mafia
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Isis »

I think Ari, skitter, and hellbooks could have more thread control if they wanted it. I think shea isn't lying about being frustrated about the social graph of this playerlist regardless his alignment so that would reduce his ability to control the thread or at least the wisdom of forcibly doing so.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Isis »

Idk what I would be doing as scum
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by Isis »

I wish I rolled scum in the sense it would be cool to experience both timelines but not in the sense that it'd be worth not getting to be town
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Isis »

I have like no cool mutual townreads except Aristeia ig? Maybe I need to read her iso and unforgor

I don't even know if she townreads me
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:13 pm

Post by Isis »

I think I haven't really played this game in a way that would get certain people to townread me but like that might be an idea I unconsciously decided on to like "balance" things when I expect paradigmatic clashes with the two players who are better than me at slay the spire. The odds they are both scum is 1/56 so 2% of the time this wasnt important
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm talking about my own slot which is literally the most rancid shit gb pls delete
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 438, Aristeia wrote:
In post 419, sheepsaysmeep wrote: god if we dont win this coalition thingy. I dod not sign up to play normal fuckin 7v2 micro
i hated this post but I also hate changing my mind so pls refrain from making any more scummy posts tyvm
This seems kind of TI when Ari never registered her read of sheep in the first place
It kinda removes the towncred for the post
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:22 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 500, Aristeia wrote:
In post 492, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 484, Aristeia wrote: shea is just scum claiming atp
In post 485, Aristeia wrote: I don't think you actually have a thought process you're just trying to discredit me to avoid engaging
This ain't a real thought lmao.

you think scum me thinks a goal I have is to discredit you, a person with no thread presence and no reads and no impact on the game whatsoever so far?

yah ok.
um I do have reads and I'm posting so it seems like you're just making things up.
Ari has kinda flickerparticipated before here and as scum I think she'd justify holding back instead of touting playing
"Well, I..."
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 885, Isis wrote:
In post 419, sheepsaysmeep wrote: god if we dont win this coalition thingy. I dod not sign up to play normal fuckin 7v2 micro
i hated this post but I also hate changing my mind so pls refrain from making any more scummy posts tyvm
This seems kind of TI when Ari never registered her read of sheep in the first place
if I understand this post correctly, she did indicate townreading me in btw
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by Isis »

I guess the other thing I'm townbinning is the walls that analyze the dethycoalition stuff cause I think as town she just vibes and as town she does the nerd stuff sometimes
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 887, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 885, Isis wrote:
if I understand this post correctly, she did indicate townreading me in btw
That changes the valuation ty
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 pm

Post by Isis »

Ok I talked about another slot now that's less asinine
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Isis »

Idk if I can take tris having a stellar first 5 pages all the way through gamecrux f3
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Isis »

Maybe I can though
"Well, I..."
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I skimmed couple Isis towngames and the thing I find scummy wasn’t there

which was that there the reads are presented more like “I guess I think bob is scum because this reason,” but here it’s superconfident “bob is town/scum btw.” that felt forced/faked/whatever

I’m just scared that maybe this is too simple
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

and I guess I could sorta see that difference being due to this game’s social dynamics?
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:52 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 801, skitter30 wrote:
In post 704, Isis wrote: Skitter hasn't felt as present as usual and I think it's not a Saturday thing? :(
this game is like 90% fluff/vibing, a lot of which happens while i'm at work (and there's like 30 pages in a day and a half)
i'm skimming a lot
Skitter i meant to ask if there was any single post that you skimmed from me this game that even remotely made you laugh or crack a smile because if so then it will all have been worth it but if not then i'll say "understood and sorry" and immediately assume mrs. seriousgames mode and never make a joke again

Once again you hold in your hands the power.. to make the game truly readable
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by hellbooks »

To the person who said that bulge could be scum with anybody (i think fire) i would say sure but also its not as if his iso is an utter information wasteland in fact we have 1) 3-4 scum reads and an ordered list of townreads and 2) his lack of this hot new sorting strategy that has taken the site by storm that people are calling "thread control"
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:02 pm

Post by hellbooks »

not to get all wuthering heights about it but the bulge's singular and glaring absence from all of this has somehow captivates my mind as if his ghostly absence was speaking louder than any other player in the game. That is all to say ive considered healing him without any attached explanation like maybe 15+ times
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 893, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I skimmed couple Isis towngames and the thing I find scummy wasn’t there

which was that there the reads are presented more like “I guess I think bob is scum because this reason,” but here it’s superconfident “bob is town/scum btw.” that felt forced/faked/whatever

I’m just scared that maybe this is too simple
Yeah I usually use a lot more reasons instead of throwing reads out as town. I don't like the style of just stating reads with no justification and I think it's kinda bad for the health of the dayplay. I am playing to the scum win condition this game though so mimicking the playstyle that vibe out reads should be a fine way to get townreads though and messing up the dayplay is just gonna shield my homie bulge from getting default limmed before they get their sea legs here
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:19 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm really surprised you took consideration of my meta instead of comparing me to players who do actually have this as a town playstyle but it's only a minor setback I'm still gonna snow
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”