atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 am

Post by atakdog »

ZazieR wrote:
Glossy Lips wrote:you came off REALLY bad in that 'retarted' conversation. I mean i dont think i've ver seen someone so mortally wounded by a single word before.
You sure about that Atak?

If I'm correct M1KE is Glossy Lips, so what makes GL 'good guy' looking as I don't see it?
Not sure, but sure enough for now. I have played with him a fair amount. This is his village game so far.

Meanwhile, I have no idea how the post you quoted supports the idea that I should not be calling him "good" -- he's stating what I think is a moderately obvious point, but discussion of which might lead us to a good lynch.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hitch, see again why Stef voted OIIW.

Good to see that Glossy Lips.
FoS M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE

I don't like it when players don't give any answers and from the looks of that post, you have nothing.
Ignore the ''R''
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:24 am

Post by M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE »

Hitch wrote:
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:
Hitch wrote:
atakdog wrote:
Hitch wrote:I am up to post 74 so far.

vote stef
because voting for a claimed mason D1 with no counter claim/other evidence etc is incredibly anti town, and given he appears to be an experianced player the behaviour is wolfy, sorry don't know the correct adjective for these forums, is scummy right?

also - hai guyz
Yo, Hitch.

How does the new info that OMG's claim is disputed by the claimed mason change your assessment of stef's vote?
not one bit, although I havfe litterally just got to the thread so I haven't second levelled it yet, but that information was unavailable at the point of stef's vote.

Now I'll think about where we are now -

omg has been 'counter claimed' for want of a better term, that means omg = bad, EJ = good are an impossible combination.

OK, I had a massive long post with all the possible combos of OMG and EJ in them, and their likelyhood and motives as far as I could see.

I think it was an accurate disection of the possibilitys.

THen I deleted it as I think it would be of more benefit to the mafia than the town.

It will be interesting to see what level people are on here. Potential massive tells on the way.

None of the deep analysis involves stef though. His vote was scummy, nothing can erase or compound that now.
hitch the combo of omg = bad and AJo = good seems really unlikely...

OMG knows that he's going to out himself immediately to AJo...his play just doesnt make sense.
I know this.

Did you not read my post?
o i c,

apparently i didn't read your post oops
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 am

ZazieR wrote:Hitch, see again why Stef voted OIIW.

FoS M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE

I don't like it when players don't give any answers and from the looks of that post, you have nothing.
how do i report to the mod that ur attacking my integrity and calling me full of shit
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Hitch »

ok, I'm not going to try and say I can read atak, because I can't, but I'm gonna say he seems very villagery to me, which doesn't mean much of anything. Which is a compliment. I will say that if he is a wolf, I'd give ectra wolf points to coug because this spat is definately something atak would have engeneered in nightchat.

That seems a bit messy, let me clear up my thinking for you all. Atak, more than any players here I know, would have used the nightchat to scheme up elaborate plays. This may be one. If he's a wolf.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

If this is already harsh to you, then you really must leave. What I just said, is compared with many other players, nice.
Ignore the ''R''
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:28 am

are mafiascum players the total badasses of the werewolf world?
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Hitch »

FoS M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE

I'm gonna walk through this slowly and see if I can't explain myself a little.

Someone comes into the thread and claims to be a village mason.

A second player who claims to be an experianced player then votes for said player before his 'mason' had come into the thread to conirm/deny the claim.

Regardless of what reasons the second player gave, this vote is not consistent with an experianced villager.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:35 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
atakdog wrote:This is nutty. Why in the world would you assume he "knows [your] meta"?
This is our first game together. The only way I can think of where he would know what he said about how I play is for him to read my games, and what he said is accurate.
I don't see where he said that (not that it's not there, but I looked and don't see it).
atakdog wrote:Also, wanting someone to be wagoned to a lynch, or at least acting that way, is sort of a prerequisite to getting a a useful reaction, I would think.
I've been known to take things very seriously.
You're completely missing the point -- if you and others didn't take it seriously, it wouldn't work. You can take things seriously without being on level one
all
the time.
atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:As for oEJo countering omg_im_innocent_wtf, I'm 99% sure it's now obvious that omg_im_innocent_wtf is scum, but I still want to scumhunt. I'm happy with voting OIIW if zhaorx can convince me he's not scum, but if we have a vigilante he or she needs to be the one to shoot OIIW in my opinion.
If this reflects your actual perceptions, you are playing a really bad game.
So not voting confirmed scum so you can question suspected buddies in case there is a vig is playing a bad game; is this what I'm getting at?
Not at all -- that's something everyone (gawd, I hope) can understand has its advantages. What I'm getting at is that if you are "99% sure it's obvious" that omg is scum, then you are failing badly to consider all the other possibilities. Interestingly, I am getting the feeling, particularly after reading your wiki page, that it;'s just that you are a villager with striatjacketed perceptions, rather than wolfscum -- but I can go either way on that.[/i]
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:36 am

Why doesnt the "go to newest post" button on the left of the thread title work for me?
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:37 am

Post by atakdog »

^^^ Oops -- screwed up the tags. You get the point, I imagine.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 am

Post by matrix »

well it's good to see that while I wasn't around for half a day some of the town has gone nuts and spewed out 5843658432848932pages of meaningless drivel..

Voting for the Central Scrutinizer because you don't have the musical vocabularly to appreciate the genius that is Frank Zappa, or the perspicacity to use google seems odd, though I guess it's o worse than throwing joke votes out there based on pulling names out of hat so meh.

I am really worried by the Mason role claim and subsequent rebuttal by the supposed other Mason (??)

That is hugely anti Town for reasons Zhaorx somehow managed to get out inbetween talking alot of nonsense, I would suggest we have no choice really today other than to lynch the apparently fake claimant. There is precious little other info to work with on day one barring further slipups and if they do in fact turn out to be a Mason and not Scum perhaps they'll learn the lesson for next time and it gives us one 90summink% cleared Townie to work with, curse the downside is that it narrows the playing field for the Scum to hunt power roles from within but hey.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Oh wow. He has a wiki page.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:41 am

Post by atakdog »

Hitch wrote:

FoS M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE

I'm gonna walk through this slowly and see if I can't explain myself a little.

Someone comes into the thread and claims to be a village mason.

A second player who claims to be an experianced player then votes for said player before his 'mason' had come into the thread to conirm/deny the claim.

Regardless of what reasons the second player gave, this vote is not consistent with an experianced villager.
It appears that many (most?) players here will snap-vote anyone who does something they perceive to be anti-town, and it appears Stef perceived a d1 mason claim to be anti-town even if true (and therefore, by extension, probably false -- which is hilariously bad reasoning but seem to be along the lines of the prevailing wisdom). Accordingly, you can't reasonably conclude from stef's vote on of an uncountered claimant that he's scummy -- there is another, in my opinion more likely possibility that I probably don't need to spell out any further.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 am

Post by matrix »

FoS M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE

oh noes the pointy fingers of suspicion.

I do hope you aren't planning on voting to lynch one of our, er, more "bluster" filled players just yet.

It's fairly straightforward to filter bluster from actual content, if these guys are Scum trying to overwhelm the town with content free posts I doubt they will succeed, I see a bundle of astute players in this game, who are going to be able to see through this kind of play.

Let them scream all they like, theywill soon enough give away their true motivations in due course and make all our lives easier :)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Being nice and fixing your tags:
atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
atakdog wrote:This is nutty. Why in the world would you assume he "knows [your] meta"?
This is our first game together. The only way I can think of where he would know what he said about how I play is for him to read my games, and what he said is accurate.
I don't see where he said that (not that it's not there, but I looked and don't see it).
His #1 and #2 in isolation:
zhaorx wrote:hey guys,

stranger and siesta are the best wagons fir D1.
zhaorx wrote:
Stef wrote:Huh? Care to elaborate please?
both make very forced posts in defending who they're voting day 1. and we know scott howard didn't peek siesta.
There you go.
atakdog wrote:
atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:As for oEJo countering omg_im_innocent_wtf, I'm 99% sure it's now obvious that omg_im_innocent_wtf is scum, but I still want to scumhunt. I'm happy with voting OIIW if zhaorx can convince me he's not scum, but if we have a vigilante he or she needs to be the one to shoot OIIW in my opinion.
If this reflects your actual perceptions, you are playing a really bad game.
So not voting confirmed scum so you can question suspected buddies in case there is a vig is playing a bad game; is this what I'm getting at?
Not at all -- that's something everyone (gawd, I hope) can understand has its advantages. What I'm getting at is that if you are "99% sure it's obvious" that omg is scum, then you are failing badly to consider all the other possibilities. Interestingly, I am getting the feeling, particularly after reading your wiki page, that it;'s just that you are a villager with striatjacketed perceptions, rather than wolfscum -- but I can go either way on that.[/i]
Faking roles is scummy. oEJo said that he is not a mason with omg_im_innocent_wtf; therefore, the latter's saying otherwise is scummy. I don't know how OIIW could possibly be town, but perhaps I'm not taking something into account that I should be.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Hitch »

I've never played with matrix before, someone please tell me what level he thinks on and how good a villager he is.

Same for stef too I suppose, and zazier
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:45 am

Post by atakdog »

matrix wrote:I am really worried by the Mason role claim and subsequent rebuttal by the supposed other Mason (??)

That is hugely anti Town for reasons Zhaorx somehow managed to get out inbetween talking alot of nonsense,
I would suggest we have no choice really today other than to lynch the apparently fake claimant
. There is precious little other info to work with on day one barring further slipups and if they do in fact turn out to be a Mason and not Scum perhaps they'll learn the lesson for next time and it gives us one 90summink% cleared Townie to work with, curse the downside is that it narrows the playing field for the Scum to hunt power roles from within but hey.
On the other hand, from you this is a gross wolf tell -- you should no
way
better than this.

Also, your tone is entirely unlike what I've seen in your last two games, and your approach to the first paragraph seems specifically designed to cater to the vagaries of this particular society. In other words: you're trying too hard. It ain't you. Or at least it ain't town you.

vote: matrix
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:46 am

Post by atakdog »

Hitch wrote:I've never played with matrix before, someone please tell me what level he thinks on and how good a villager he is.

Same for stef too I suppose, and zazier
Better than that. Check him out in Chuck.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Hitch »

atak, I'd rather not discuss this any deeper with you until like D3 or D4 depending on what happens. k?
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:48 am

Post by matrix »

So that would give us the info that we do/do not have a vigilante(?)

I thnk it's better for the Town to come up with the two most viable scum candidates and then the vigilante if they even exists kills the other.

Course that won't work out well if the other wagon is te vig - or in fact if omg is actually a vig, but the probabilities of either of those scenarios taking place is slim.

If there is a vig in our midst they absolutely positively need to kill their most favoured scum candidate - that much is certain.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:48 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Faking roles is scummy
. oEJo said that he is not a mason with omg_im_innocent_wtf; therefore, the latter's saying otherwise is scummy. I don't know how OIIW could possibly be town, but perhaps I'm not taking something into account that I should be.
Re the highlighted part: open your mind just a bit. I'm sure you can come up with four different reasons for making that claim, three of which would make it a false claim and only one of which would be scummy.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Hitch »

#194 was in reply to #188 ldo
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:52 am

Post by hewitt »

Okay I don't like the whole we have no choice but to lynch the apparently fake claimant. I find it a little fishy just because that means we're supposed to focus on just the claimers and I don't know, to me that just sounds a little misleading. Is that fair to say?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Hitch »

vote matrix

ok, so matrix wouldn't want to kill OMG if he was a good guy.

LISTEN PEOPLE, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OF OMG AND HIS CLAIM.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

WHAT MATTERS IS THAT SOMEONE HERE WOULDN'T EVER CONCLUDE THEY ARE A BAD GUY BECAUSE OF IT AND THAT PERSON IS TRYING TO GET THEM KILLED.

Vote matrix here and we can get into D2 by tomorrow with the first wolf dead allready.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”