atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 am

Post by atakdog »

Hitch wrote:atak, I'd rather not discuss this any deeper with you until like D3 or D4 depending on what happens. k?
K. But read Chuck, or the game from two weeks ago -- this is not village Matrix. For example, look at how he dealt with Zhaorx's d1 antics in the latter game (patiently, for the most part) -- and here he thinks we have
no choice
but to lynch the countered claimant? No way.

Also, his double question mark strikes me as something he doesn't normally do, though I admit I haven't read for that.

Vote matrix with me; the rest of it we can leave alone.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:56 am

Post by matrix »

atakdog wrote: On the other hand, from you this is a gross wolf tell -- you should no
way
better than this.

Also, your tone is entirely unlike what I've seen in your last two games, and your approach to the first paragraph seems specifically designed to cater to the vagaries of this particular society. In other words: you're trying too hard. It ain't you. Or at least it ain't town you.

vote: matrix
Lets see - Scum atak knows tht I am good at scum hunting when I am on form- and will want to try and drum up a case against meout of nothing to get me out of the way.

Town atak is also good at scum hunting and isn't shy about jumping on things he perceives as scummy.

inconclusive. Please continue though - the type of case you build against me will go a long way to clearing you/incriminating you as approriate.

Oh and I do know better, and am hardly likely to weigh in with such an obviously tonally scummy OP in this thread, especially after being semi conspicously absent for a while if I am in fact Mafia.

That would be horrendously dumb, and while I make bone headed plays as much as the next person, I'd like to thinkthat I wouldn't be that stupid in my first ever post in this game.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Hitch »

that would be fair to say.

hewitt, have you played here before?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:56 am

Post by hewitt »

I'm leaning towards voting matrix but I'm going to withold my vote until he gets another chance to say something.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:58 am

Post by hewitt »

Hitch wrote:that would be fair to say.

No I haven't, so you can go ahead and throw the newbie stone but whatever I've played the general game before so I'm not completly ignorant to the gameplay but we'll see I'm definitely learning a lot about strategy reading these other posts but still not getting a clear idea on who's who yet.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 am

Post by atakdog »

matrix wrote:
atakdog wrote: On the other hand, from you this is a gross wolf tell -- you should no
way
better than this.

Also, your tone is entirely unlike what I've seen in your last two games, and your approach to the first paragraph seems specifically designed to cater to the vagaries of this particular society. In other words: you're trying too hard. It ain't you. Or at least it ain't town you.

Lets see - Scum atak knows tht I am good at scum hunting when I am on form- and will want to try and drum up a case against meout of nothing to get me out of the way.

Town atak is also good at scum hunting and isn't shy about jumping on things he perceives as scummy.

inconclusive. Please continue though - the type of case you build against me will go a long way to clearing you/incriminating you as approriate.

Oh and I do know better, and
am hardly likely to weigh in with such an obviously tonally scummy OP in this thread, especially after being semi conspicously absent for a while if I am in fact Mafia.

That would be horrendously dumb, and while I make bone headed plays as much as the next person, I'd like to thinkthat I wouldn't be that stupid in my first ever post in this game.
So you're saying you only make horrendously scummy posts as a towny?

I'm not sure I can find it, but I have a vague recollection of your taking arguments made on that basis (that's so wolfy he'd never do that as a wolf...) to task. Am I remembering right, or did that come from someone else?
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 am

Post by matrix »

atakdog wrote:
Also, his double question mark strikes me as something he doesn't normally do, though I admit I haven't read for that.

Oooh pushing the town in to lynching me based on pithy tone reads because the style I play as vilager on a n other site is a little different to one post I made in this thread is a little thin.

Adding in the double question mark ??

even thinner.

Town atak uses more solid logic, Mafia atak on occasion spins cases from spindly threads of gossamer illusions to lead the Town astray.

Keep spinning. :)
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Hitch »

atakdog wrote:
Hitch wrote:atak, I'd rather not discuss this any deeper with you until like D3 or D4 depending on what happens. k?
K. But read Chuck, or the game from two weeks ago -- this is not village Matrix. For example, look at how he dealt with Zhaorx's d1 antics in the latter game (patiently, for the most part) -- and here he thinks we have
no choice
but to lynch the countered claimant? No way.

Holy X-post batman.

I allready had chuck open in another tab and am skimming his posts.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:02 am

Post by atakdog »

hewitt wrote:
Hitch wrote:that would be fair to say.

No I haven't, so you can go ahead and throw the newbie stone but whatever I've played the general game before so I'm not completly ignorant to the gameplay but we'll see I'm definitely learning a lot about strategy reading these other posts but still not getting a clear idea on who's who yet.
Ahem, hewitt: look at Hitch's join date. About half the players in this game are new to this site. We know it, too.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:02 am

Post by matrix »

Meh - I am more familiar with other players elsewhere, and feel more at home there, which accounts for the difference in "tone"

Read into that what you will, lynching me won't hurt the Town all that much so I'm not too upset over it.

and no I don't think that was me taking people to task for those kinds of arguments.

Going to go reread the whole thread and ponder a bit and try to hunt some scum, entertaining though this exchange is it's not all that productive.
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:03 am

Post by M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE »

atakdog is a villager nearly 100% of the time this game,

this is a v strong read, and i think i can read atakdog well
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:06 am

Post by atakdog »

matrix wrote: Oooh pushing the town in to lynching me based on pithy tone reads because the style I play as vilager on a n other site is a little different to one post I made in this thread is a little thin.
Not a tone read. (The double question mark struck me after the fact, but I give it pretty damn close to zero weight.) You referred to it in your previous post as being "tonally" scummy, too -- maybe you don't get what I'm saying.

It has little to do with tone, and much to do with substance. You are advocating basing a d1 on lynch on a decidedly superficial view of the events that have occurred, a view so superficial that I think it something that you could not possibly believe. I also think that, if you've read teh thread, you would think it reasoning that, however flawed, you could sell to this particular crowd.

So no, it's not tone, it's your advocacy of an anti-town tactic that might come to fruition if it gets some more momentum. Id' think you'd find my pursuit of you for that something other than "inconclusive".
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Hitch, if you haven't played with matrix before, how are you so sure he wouldn't say that as a villager?
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:09 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

StrangerCoug wrote:
atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
zhaorx wrote:anyway, there's a scum among siesta, mada, cougar. bank on it.
Why? You give no reasoning whatsoever why you think we're scum.
zhaorx wrote:people who have to come up with some "purpose" for putting a vote on someone on Day 1 is a solid scum tell.
OK, this can go either way. Some of us do what are called "pressure votes", and those aren't scummy. Voting someone to get that person policy lynched is usually scummy, though. Could you clarify what you're trying to tell us?
QFInconsistency. You purport not to understand what he's doing, then discuss an almost identical phenomenon.
I don't understand why he's been using irrelevant information to defend himself and, for all I care, pulling names out of a hat and calling the names he gets scum. I do not believe that he is pressure-voting SiestaGuru (see below). He's posting like he has reasons for suspecting us, but I'm having a hard time figuring them out. OK, so SiestaGuru and I make very forced posts in defending our votes on Day 1. Apparently, he knows our meta. Meta, however, is not an accurate indicator of alignment, and his #9 in isolation indicates that he wants us wagoned to a lynch.

For obvious reasons, no one is anywhere near being policy lynched right now.
atakdog wrote:(Since you seem to love having things spelled out: how is it not obvious that he's putting pressure on the players he's calling scum?)
Mada and SiestaGuru have one post apiece so far, both of their current votes are random, and zhaorx's case on me is crap if even existent.
He knows our meta? :shock: Thats surprising, since I have just joined this site (2 weeks ago, or something similar), and I havent died in a single game yet, so there would be no way for him to tell for sure what allignments I have had.

Tbh, I thought the "forced vote argumentation things" were just things to wrap your random votes in, I figured I'd join the tradition.. Ive used a random site for the vote. But if that somehow makes me suspicious, so be it, I learned my lesson.

Gotta love that aggressive style of our pokemon master :P The insults were a bit over the top, but the pressure is great.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Faking roles is scummy
. oEJo said that he is not a mason with omg_im_innocent_wtf; therefore, the latter's saying otherwise is scummy. I don't know how OIIW could possibly be town, but perhaps I'm not taking something into account that I should be.
Re the highlighted part: open your mind just a bit. I'm sure you can come up with four different reasons for making that claim, three of which would make it a false claim and only one of which would be scummy.
  1. Scum might be hoping that there's no mason group.
  2. oEJo and omg_im_innocent_wtf might be trying to bus each other.
  3. omg_im_innocent_wtf might have misread his role PM, but I don't see who he could be confusing with his mason partner.
  4. omg_im_innocent_wtf might be trying to buddy up to oEJo.
Do I get a cookie?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:10 am

Post by matrix »

atakdog wrote: here he thinks we have
no choice
but to lynch the countered claimant?
That does summarise my position yes. At least for the moment.

Barring anything emerging that leads us to believe another character is a much better lynch we should lynch omg for his bad claiming and anti Town activities.

For the most part tone reads are unreliable, if tone is the best we can do otherwise then when we have solid logical info that x player (in this case omg) fake claimed a harmless Town role then isn't it better to go with that solid info than semi solid other info.

What do you suggestwe do re: omg's Mason claim?

If he's Mafia he's not gettingNKed

If he's a Mason he's not getting NKed

If he's Vanilla he's not getting NKed

Can we hear some more on this subject from his "mason" buddy?
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Hitch »

atakdog wrote:
matrix wrote: Oooh pushing the town in to lynching me based on pithy tone reads because the style I play as vilager on a n other site is a little different to one post I made in this thread is a little thin.
Not a tone read. (The double question mark struck me after the fact, but I give it pretty damn close to zero weight.) You referred to it in your previous post as being "tonally" scummy, too -- maybe you don't get what I'm saying.

It has little to do with tone, and much to do with substance. You are advocating basing a d1 on lynch on a decidedly superficial view of the events that have occurred, a view so superficial that I think it something that you could not possibly believe. I also think that, if you've read teh thread, you would think it reasoning that, however flawed, you could sell to this particular crowd.

So no, it's not tone, it's your advocacy of an anti-town tactic that might come to fruition if it gets some more momentum. Id' think you'd find my pursuit of you for that something other than "inconclusive".
The second paragraph by atak here is so spot on.

there is no way that matrix could have read the thread, INCLUDING my posts, and came to the conclusion that OMG was the best lynch for the reasons he described. It only makes sense if he believed that the general populace were open to being swayed.

also, a more general note on the D1 claim - look how much it's giving us to work with that we wouldn't normaly get till D2/D3, I think it's pretty pro village in this game.
matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 am

Post by matrix »

and for the record before I finally depart to go thread reading, it's not the claim of omg thats Scummy - it's the fact that it was quickly rebutted that I think is Scummy.
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 am

Post by M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE »

zhaorx
zhaorx
Townie
zhaorx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:14 am

Post by zhaorx »

voting for OMG is pretty awful today.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

SiestaGuru wrote:Gotta love that aggressive style of our pokemon master :P The insults were a bit over the top, but the pressure is great.
I like this SiestaGuru already. I have no read yet, but I like him.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:15 am

Post by atakdog »

BTW, the double question mark thing on matrix was wrong. Sorry.
He's still mafia though.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Hitch »

Sun Tzu wrote:Hitch, if you haven't played with matrix before, how are you so sure he wouldn't say that as a villager?
Skimming his posts in chuck as suggested by atak, and there is NO WAY atak adresses the issue if he isn't sure that matrix wouldn't act this way as a villager, regardless of atak's role.

This is a little level 27 but I could have complete faith that atak beliaves matrix wouldn't act this way as a villager, regardless of atak's role. He simply couldn't put something like that out there unless it was true because it would be an invitation to be shot at, as any role. In addition, I give atak's reading ability of players in general, but obviously in particular of players he has played with and I haven't as superior to my ability.

2+2
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:17 am

Post by atakdog »

StrangerCoug wrote:
atakdog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Faking roles is scummy
. oEJo said that he is not a mason with omg_im_innocent_wtf; therefore, the latter's saying otherwise is scummy. I don't know how OIIW could possibly be town, but perhaps I'm not taking something into account that I should be.
Re the highlighted part: open your mind just a bit. I'm sure you can come up with four different reasons for making that claim, three of which would make it a false claim and only one of which would be scummy.
  1. Scum might be hoping that there's no mason group.
  2. oEJo and omg_im_innocent_wtf might be trying to bus each other.
  3. omg_im_innocent_wtf might have misread his role PM, but I don't see who he could be confusing with his mason partner.
  4. omg_im_innocent_wtf might be trying to buddy up to oEJo.
Do I get a cookie?
No, no cookie. Try harder. But hitch is right that further in-thread discussion of that particular issue is unlikely to helpful.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Hitch »

ok, I'm afk for a bit, please don't do anything stupid while I'm gone like lynch anyone that isn't called matrix.

Also, does anyone post counts? How often?

Anyone have the votecount now?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”