Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1973, Aristeia wrote: so like i was thinking about how to deal with lurkers who dont really play the game like we had nk15 last time and like

what if we just throw him in the coalition?

if hes lhf town and we bounce out a scum thats like picking up a win and dealing with the issue

and if hes like scum - it only really matters if we had a winning coalition before putting him in and i dont know how likely that is?

hed have to be scum with someone really well entrenched if he decided to tactically lurk to avoid disturbing the game state because he didnt want to give his partner away.

the real downside is if hes scum who gave up and his partner is like not really in the coalition at all and we're in an easy game and im feeling pangs of doubt we're in that game state.
i guess another issue is if hes lhf town and we throw him in and then he becomes an easy d1 mislim but in a state where the coalition is already bad im not that confident our d1 lim is going to be all that great.
You are always gonna be my love
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1804, hellbooks wrote: i guess now would be an unmanipulative time to bring up that my capacity has kind of been strongly damaged for the past 4 or 5 or 6 days
good luck with capacity restorations
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1822, Isis wrote: Hellbooks towny
yes
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by tris »

hellbooks's 2/3 of a townpoint is now more like, 2/3 of the town's points. except, i probably townread sheep more
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by tris »

am i really that confident?
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by tris »

i feel like i shouldnt be allowed to townread hellbooks a lot, i literally cant explain, but i should try
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by tris »

the problem with this game is that if i stare at a player for too long, they start transforming into town except for the bulge because they haven't posted enough to weave their enchantment
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by tris »

enchantris
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1832, Thestatusquo wrote: If you could explain the tris town read to me I would very much appreciate it. The only reasoning I personally have for it is that I feel like the threadspew thing is kinda true and so I want to town bin it to just not think about it anymore but I think the closest thing I got to a coherent explanation was that tris has more trouble being present and "vibing" as scum and I would really like if someone could give me a citation for that claim since I've never experienced scumtris. But secondly I kind of at the time felt like the vibing was kind of tentative and muted compared to a previous tris town experience and more to the point she's basically been not present at all for the second half of this game and I don't think I could tell you off hand a single thing she thinks without looking at her iso so I worry that if she's not thread spewed I don't really have a lot of reason for why she's town at all.

If you want to like break that down for me so I can feel better about the read I would appreciate it.
i think skitter is the only player here who actually has actually seen scum me, and that was a long time ago, so its kind of fascinating to see everyone townread me like this. but, at the same time, they might be right. i could believe that people see through me enough to construct a model of scum tris. the thing is, i literrally don't know what scum tris looks like in this day and age. i really wanna meet her some day. i kinda think she might outperform expectations, but i should stop typing more before this post caves in on itself
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by tris »

posts about what am i like as town or scum are a trap i have to pull my brain away from sometimes. otherwise i'll start arguing that i'm scum or something
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1837, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1832, Thestatusquo wrote: If you could explain the tris town read to me I would very much appreciate it. The only reasoning I personally have for it is that I feel like the threadspew thing is kinda true and so I want to town bin it to just not think about it anymore but I think the closest thing I got to a coherent explanation was that tris has more trouble being present and "vibing" as scum and I would really like if someone could give me a citation for that claim since I've never experienced scumtris. But secondly I kind of at the time felt like the vibing was kind of tentative and muted compared to a previous tris town experience and more to the point she's basically been not present at all for the second half of this game and I don't think I could tell you off hand a single thing she thinks without looking at her iso so I worry that if she's not thread spewed I don't really have a lot of reason for why she's town at all.

If you want to like break that down for me so I can feel better about the read I would appreciate it.
i can try but i think if you don't see it then it may be hard to convey

my point of reference for tris scum is having read along to this game: viewtopic.php?t=90204&user_select%5B%5D=32319

where i think she just feels generally uncomfortable and not at all like she's genuinely solving things. i don't think that's my main reason tho bc i think its definitely possible she has a wider scumrange than that

my main reason is just that all of her thoughts feel like they come from a place of honesty and they just make sense to me? im aware this won't convince you at all. they're generally not complex or hard to fake thoughts but they just feel like the right ones for her to have. they feel pure. she's comfortable and just poking at things here and there and it feels like she's solving. it's true she hasn't always been around but the catchups are good. is a good post. i don't think this is even expressing properly the strength of my read. i don't see anything she's doing as scummy and i see pretty much all of it as towny

idk

i think this attempt at explaining it was a failure but i still feel reaffirmed in the read
that said, this post is very genuine, but im not sure it cant be mafia being correct because they have the answer key
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by tris »

this game is hard enough as it is. i shouldn't have to try to figure out my own allignment as well
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1840, fireisredsir wrote: what's your point of reference for scum sheep?

i think i have trouble being convinced by the vibe read bc even though i agree, i think he is good at having a good vibe as scum (probably the thing he is best at) and he doesn't really need to push a lot of agenda here especially early on
what do you think of the aristea interactions from early on specifically
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by tris »

uh oh, shea is feeling townie to me on page 74
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by tris »

i solved the game, the bulge is scum with georgebailey
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by tris »

maybe shea is right that sheep is scum
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1847, Isis wrote: There was that data study that showed scum post in bursts more than town did you read that it was in MD or something
uh, oh. she's on to me
here's what it says
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Isis »

woa that post has my favorite pronoun in it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by tris »

what if fire and sheep team
here's what it says
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by Isis »

"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1990, tris wrote: maybe shea is right that sheep is scum
I dislike today July 24 it did not go well
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1971, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1967, Aristeia wrote: I think my biggest issue with sheep is that he feels too comfortable with how the game is moving but that could just be a personality thing.
I feel like he's vibing and not really solving/pushing the game along towards a consensus and i think that's scum indicative for him
I was gonna be like wat but I can sorta see this as a valid point

I wrote a post earlier today about how I feel good with my solve for d1 and why I am comfortable with the state of things (my coalition being the most voted one)

I dont really have it in me to try hard to further engage with people abt it or get people to notice it lol which I guess is bad of me and merits skepticism I am just low energy and dont care enough

I dont think "not pushing the game along towards a consensus" being scum indicative for me is at all accurate

I guess neither do I really believe that "whether or not it looks like sheep has done solving here is scum indicative for sheep" is accurate at all, the way u paint it as like scum meta-wise for me? I think ive done fine enough to say im like my normal town solving. but still I think for some reason I believe u think all this and are probably town I do not know why I conclude that
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:49 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I think I believe ur read is real and town because this is honestly kinda what my scumgame looks like that you've seen and I think ur read on me like "bruh this can easily be scum sheep" makes immense sense based on how scarfolk went or whatever

(I openly agreed with u that the early townreads on me were bad lol)

but I feel like ur not super familiar with my towngame and this is also a good example of what that looks like. I am kinda unhappy that u said ur read like a reliable full-picture meta analysis

I think it is predictable that as town I would not try hard to impact the direction of this game with this playerlist
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

wifom self-defense but just for fun, I think personally as scum I would probably fake not being content and fake constantly reevaluating and shit

instead I just keep getting a little tunneled into the things I was thinking each time I read something new and that is something I am nervous to admit so I just sit here

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”