Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oddly enough I am leaning town for STD since I read atleast one of his games as scum wherein he actually seemed to be trying.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:53 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Actually I'm going to write a little more than that because there's something really bothering me about /.

lacks conviction. At first, I read Naerys as someone who is just kind of paranoid and making a readslist a little too early into the game, but actually the post seems weirdly calculated to suspect, or at least have harbor fears about, a lot more than three people in a game where we've already talked about how there's probably three scum.

Naerys mentions:

Bazuf for low post count
Greeting for low post count
StD for low effort posting
Hu Tao for low effort posting

as well as tangential comments like "confused gut feelings" for iavh or "feels weird" about me for a post that she admittedly misinterpreted.

When we break down her main suspicions, it looks to me like Naerys is basically scumreading any sort of low effort or low activity posting, which is why I'm confused as to why Naerys left Hu Tao and RN out of her scumpool in . They are more or less guilty of doing the same thing as Bazuf and Greeting. Is there enough of a distinction between low post count and low effort in posts for Naerys to say "there's at least one scum in Bazuf/Greeting" this early into the game? I'm not sure personally because both could be interpreted as lurking.

Also, I think it bothers me that Naerys thought that Civil's low-activity-policy plan was suspicious in and that's basically exactly what she's doing with her vote right now? I don't think it's a slip, but it doesn't add up to me.

VOTE: Naerys
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:54 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 225, Civil Scum wrote: Oddly enough I am leaning town for STD since I read atleast one of his games as scum wherein he actually seemed to be trying.
Oddly this is very different than town!StD meta, at least from the one game I have played with him. Can you link the scum!StD game please?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:56 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 227, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 225, Civil Scum wrote: Oddly enough I am leaning town for STD since I read atleast one of his games as scum wherein he actually seemed to be trying.
Oddly this is very different than town!StD meta, at least from the one game I have played with him. Can you link the scum!StD game please?
The conway game was one of dragons
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:56 am

Post by bob3141 »

scum games
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Civil Scum »

viewtopic.php?t=91038

viewtopic.php?t=91149&start=1300
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Civil Scum »

viewtopic.php?t=90766

I can’t place too much stock in this because we’re still pretty early in our game and there hasn’t been a ton of material to work with, but here is a town game (the first one I found) of STD where his posting style is to me very similar to this game and markedly different from his scum games that I linked.
In post 223, Save The Dragons wrote: i also am trying to solve so calling me out for just trolling is being disingenuous

just cuz i play different doesn't mean i'm not trying. i already made a small case for civil scum being scum
I think it’s odd you feel that we should all just take your word for it. However this feeling of entitlement I would more associate with or expect from a town-aligned player rather than a scum.
In post 141, Save The Dragons wrote: seems uptight

don't agree with their logic
By far the strangest (and therefore scummiest) logic that has been put forth in this game was Bazuf saying that Bellaphant can’t have gut feelings as a townie if he hasn’t played with the people before.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 222, Starfire wrote: UNVOTE:

Liking Naerys for town, and Political Clout for town . Seems to be a real attempt to sort me from PolClout, and rereading it looks like we had a bit of a misunderstanding. Nae bother if you don't believe just yet.

@PoliticalClout going to try this one last time. I thought you were trolling at first (shitposting, joking) because there's no other reason to be scum-claiming. Calling you Jester was an effort at sharing that joke while voting for you was trying to shift you out of trolling. This can be rightly criticized as inconsistent, I should have decided to banter or push you. Saw you as scum and kept the vote, re-evaluating it and don't think so anymore.

Bellaphant's gut reads still feel bad, but I'm not confident saying it's scummy. @Naerys, why is trying to be seen as useful a town read? Pretty sure everyone wants to be seen as useful either so they don't get mislimmed or as scum so they don't get found.

Random Nurse's claim is untestable, this is a spare lim if we have basically nothing. I don't like the bulletproof modifier

@Hu Tao, yes it's awkward to draw attention to the awkwardness of a player posting after they have been replaced, why does this make a Clout vote?

VOTE: HuTao

Not a huge fan of SaveTheDragons trolling, but I don't think its necessarily AI. Goes with Random Nurse as a spare lim if we don't get anything better.

Partner is up for the next 5 days, so I'll be trying to do one post per day (will definitely pick the pace up after she leaves Wednesday evening). See y'all tomorrow.
Yes. Because it was clearly done on accident. I don't think it was a big deal enough to post about it
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 223, Save The Dragons wrote: i also am trying to solve so calling me out for just trolling is being disingenuous

just cuz i play different doesn't mean i'm not trying. i already made a small case for civil scum being scum
I think it's a matter of what someone finds scummy or not. But I agree that trolling as long as not done overly is not scummy
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 226, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Actually I'm going to write a little more than that because there's something really bothering me about /.

lacks conviction. At first, I read Naerys as someone who is just kind of paranoid and making a readslist a little too early into the game, but actually the post seems weirdly calculated to suspect, or at least have harbor fears about, a lot more than three people in a game where we've already talked about how there's probably three scum.

Naerys mentions:

Bazuf for low post count

as well as tangential comments like "confused gut feelings" for iavh or "feels weird" about me for a post that she admittedly misinterpreted.

When we break down her main suspicions, it looks to me like Naerys is basically scumreading any sort of low effort or low activity posting, which is why I'm confused as to why Naerys left Hu Tao and RN out of her scumpool in . They are more or less guilty of doing the same thing as Bazuf and Greeting. Is there enough of a distinction between low post count and low effort in posts for Naerys to say "there's at least one scum in Bazuf/Greeting" this early into the game? I'm not sure personally because both could be interpreted as lurking.

Also, I think it bothers me that Naerys thought that Civil's low-activity-policy plan was suspicious in and that's basically exactly what she's doing with her vote right now? I don't think it's a slip, but it doesn't add up to me.

Good post
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 230, Civil Scum wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=91038

viewtopic.php?t=91149&start=1300
I have meta on StD and have caught him as scum before. But I'll wait on it before revealing what I think. I think meta this early is pointless
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Oh I missed the fact that it was his slot he replaced. I thought it was the other one. I understand why people think it's weird now :lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Hu Tao »

UNVOTE:
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 214, Naerys wrote:
Random Nurse
- Hard to read for me and claims to be a 1-shot Bulletproof Miller, his posts seem to lack a substance, honestly dont know what to think of him right now

Bazuf
- I need more posts from this player. Usage of those "..." in his last post is rubbing me a wrong way, might be a silly thing though.

Bellaphent
- I am inclined to believe Bella is town. Or, at the very least, is trying to be seen to be helpful.

bob3141
- The stuff you wrote about wagons makes sense, i have a town gut feeling there

Civil Scum
- As bob wrote, early wagon might indicate that Scum is a town. Interesting is, that he believe that Bob might be scum.

Greeting
- Too low number of posts to think anything, really.

Hu Tao
- Too little data from posts. Honestly feels like " i am talking, but i dont really put an effort"

iamveryhappy
- He feels as if he is trying to solve. Somehow it doesnt feel entirely good tho, but i cannot really say why. But in later posts feels more towny. Lets just say i have confused gut feelings about him for now.

KatyKimFanClub
- Yes, i admit i thought you wanted to push for Civil. Still feels weird to me.

Political Clout
- Clout vs Starfire interaction feels more like a misunderstanding to me, not as something scum indicative to either player. As of right now, Clout is a null read for me.

Save The Dragons
- Feels very suspicious. And those trolling posts arent really helping.

StarFire
- Same as Clout. Null to me right now.
nice
I feel like you'd have weird/mixed feelings about me too
If you were to case me right now, what would you put
iavh is slightly annoyed
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 198, iamveryhappy wrote: rereading the thread some of Civil Scum's posts strike me as openwolfy - it's improved over the course of this game
keeping the attention on Civil Scum - I'd like to point out their wagon. Formed as fast as it collapsed, currently only one vote on them
I'm going to chuck Civil Scum in the town bin for a bit and probably for the entirety of d1, looking at Civil's posts they look reasonable from a town pov
the thing I'm slightly concerned with is their thing with the Mafia Scum title. Why do they think it brings unnecessary attention hmmm
but the thing is it was d1, leaving that in the back of my thoughts
Could someone please provide me with a votecount when they were on E-2? That would be very useful. I blame kindle.
(I mean still better than phone lol)
Yeah, I’m not so sure about that. He does give strong Newbie vibes, but this could easily be faked by a capable player, and is a good strategy to get towncred.

I am okay with leaving
Civil Scum
be for now though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 206, bob3141 wrote: So your out of RVS now. As the game stands where do you feel your actual vote would be most placed. Even if you strongest reads is null scum.
I’m in no rush to decide my vote yet. What I can say as of now is that I have weak townreads on
KatyKimFanClub
and
iamveryhappy
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 240, Greeting wrote:
In post 206, bob3141 wrote: So your out of RVS now. As the game stands where do you feel your actual vote would be most placed. Even if you strongest reads is null scum.
I’m in no rush to decide my vote yet. What I can say as of now is that I have weak townreads on
KatyKimFanClub
and
iamveryhappy
How come?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 239, Greeting wrote:
In post 198, iamveryhappy wrote: rereading the thread some of Civil Scum's posts strike me as openwolfy - it's improved over the course of this game
keeping the attention on Civil Scum - I'd like to point out their wagon. Formed as fast as it collapsed, currently only one vote on them
I'm going to chuck Civil Scum in the town bin for a bit and probably for the entirety of d1, looking at Civil's posts they look reasonable from a town pov
the thing I'm slightly concerned with is their thing with the Mafia Scum title. Why do they think it brings unnecessary attention hmmm
but the thing is it was d1, leaving that in the back of my thoughts
Could someone please provide me with a votecount when they were on E-2? That would be very useful. I blame kindle.
(I mean still better than phone lol)
Yeah, I’m not so sure about that. He does give strong Newbie vibes, but this could easily be faked by a capable player, and is a good strategy to get towncred.

I am okay with leaving
Civil Scum
be for now though.
Ah yes, I should learn how to lurk like a real pro…
I can also see this as softly casting aspersions on any of the accusations I’ve made this game instead of dealing with them head on. Kinda seems like you’re defending Bazuf.

In post 78, Greeting wrote:
In post 63, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Feel like unvoting this early reduces any sort of reactions we can get from the early wagon.
Like at least make it hurt for Civil.
No, we do not want an RVS vote to reach E-1, unless there is a legitimate reason to suspect that player.

Well.. is there a reason why we should make it hurt for
Civil Scum
?
This seems a little strange coming from someone who had no reservation about putting me at E-2 during RVS. A move which I thought was pretty scummy at the time, yet decided might be a town move since it was a little too blatant. Now I’m not so sure.
In post 130, bob3141 wrote:
In post 59, Random Nurse wrote: Oh my! E-2 already?

Lack of resistance? Interesting!

VOTE: Unvote
The wagon just looks liek teh usual flash town wagon.

If a wagon gets like that in rvs it has great odds than random to be on town. Not somethign that overrules later play but were as the avaerage player starts with 3/13 odds. it skews there odds to between 1/13 and 2/13 of beign scum.
I am still curious as to what your definition of a “flash town wagon” is?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 226, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Actually I'm going to write a little more than that because there's something really bothering me about /.

Naerys mentions:

Bazuf for low post count

I gotta be honest, unlike Greeting, I don’t love this post. I don’t think it’s scummy at all to lack conviction about your reads. I also don’t find it scummy to be suspicious of more people than there are scum. That seems natural to me.

I also don’t find the argument convincing that Naerys general approach has been scummy in its apparent contradiction. People hold contradictory beliefs and behaviors all the time.

I do agree though it was notable that Naerys gave a pass to Random Nurse and Hu Tong.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

And Bob, I think your recent defending of anti-town behaviors was very strange.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

“Greeting” wrote: Yeah, I’m not so sure about that. He does give strong Newbie vibes, but this could easily be faked by a capable player, and is a good strategy to get towncred.
Why should a Newbie-seeming player get town—cred? That logic simply doesn’t track for me.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:02 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 241, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 240, Greeting wrote:
KatyKimFanClub
and
iamveryhappy
How come?
I feel like their efforts to solve the game are genuine.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 245, Civil Scum wrote:
“Greeting” wrote: Yeah, I’m not so sure about that. He does give strong Newbie vibes, but this could easily be faked by a capable player, and is a good strategy to get towncred.
Why should a Newbie-seeming player get town—cred? That logic simply doesn’t track for me.
Perhaps I phrased it in a confusing way.

I was referring to a potential mafia strategy of appearing to be a confused newbie in order to get townread for it. There were some signs of you being confused about the lingo on MafiaScum or about usertitles. I felt like it was LAMIST-y.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Sorry I ain’t buyin it. Those things can be newbie-scum just as easily. I don’t believe that you think that could be a real strategy.

I got you at number two behind Bazuf.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

In your vast experience surely you could present one in-game example of a person faking newbie tendencies and getting town cred for it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”