mystery box of silver 15: i'm killing hostages (negotiated)

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

vote count 1.7 !

BlueSnakelet (5):
Alisae, Dannflor, The Bulge, SirCakez, ofrhz
ofrhz (4):
MUSHSHAGANA, Skygazer, Ranger, BlueSnakelet
DkKoba (3):
Doctor Drew, Meuh, xyzzy
Ranger (2):
Morning Tweet, RCEnigma
PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
HighPrincessErinys
SirCakez (1):
iamveryhappy
HighPrincessErinys (1):
PookyTheMagicalBear
Alisae (1):
DkKoba

not voting (1):
sheepsaysmeep

with 19 alive, it takes 10 to rake someone over the coals. day 1 ends when you make it end. i'm killing hostages.

moderateur notes
  • ranger is VLA at various times in the near future per
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:25 am

Post by schadd_ »

doctor drew and pooky have requested replacement
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:26 am

Post by schadd_ »

prodding morning tweet
free darius mccollum

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1180, Meuh wrote: I feel like there's enough concentrated scumminess in Koba/HPE that there's always a scum flip there
im sorry that logic is scummy to you
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

accountability for takes? scummy
asking for examples? scummy
making nuanced takes? scummy
not pushing in bad faith? scummy

welcome to the Willage folks
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

alisae is literally like hardcore in their scum meta and people see shiny "ooooooooooooooo bluesnek" and think just because they dont like bluesnek that means they cant look at alisae critically and should just preflip which is ???

because i think its easy to agree that alisae scum = bluesnek town, and alisae is way more obviously scum than bluesnek is whatever
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1196, Dannflor wrote:
Why is there such a large burden of proof assigned to the BlueSnakelet wagon that has not been applied to literally any other wagon in the game up until now?

I vaguely understand why dkkoba doesn't want a wagon there. They are going to be contrarian until they no longer feel attacked by Pooky, Alisae, et all.

But I find the soft defense by slots like HPE to be... icky.

=====================================================

BlueSnakelet is posting to post - he's posting to look town - its posts do not fit the trajectory of a townie who "wants to be right" as Alisae puts it so well. I don't believe he's actually trying to solve the game. Just because it has loaded his posts with "nuance" does not in fact mean that his posts reflect a genuine desire to find scum.
This is a forced conclusion. I don't see this, this is clearly something that comes out of bias because if you assume a town POV its very obvious why. There is "nuance" because they are playing in good faith, and assuming it has to be scum is wild. I don't think their "desire to find scum" is an accurate metric considering you are ignoring other slots who have that quality(giving higher standards to only certain slots is silly play and how you tunnel), and especially can be applied to Alisae who seems to only care about *killing* bluesnek, not solving the slot. You too. You don't want any further clarification for this slot, you just want to kill it. So take that reasoning out unless you want to adjust your approach to it.

In post 631, BlueSnakelet wrote: This isn't an Ace Attorney game. We can't catch scum by just pointing out contradictions. In fact, scum creating a fake case on someone else would provably be more careful than a townie speaking their honest thoughts.

Koba picking an old game to analyze is at worst NAI.

Koba's reaction to being cornered and outnumbered was to get frustated and argue in circles, which is understandable. Ranger said at some point that Koba looks "argumentative, not frustrated". I disagree with this completely. Koba's side of the argument was heated from really early.

I was going to suspect Ranger, but her flaking out of her suspicion on Koba took me off guard. She was the main driving force of Koba's wagon, and I struggle to find a good reason why she would jump off. If a long time had passed since the start of the argument I could understand, but most of it happened overnight and most people weren't even on.

I doubt Koba and Ranger are scum together. The meta reason was too elaborated to be faked. And they walked out of the debate practically buddies, which is bad theater.
immediately pinged me because it's *too* transparent, while not consisting of much content either. At the end of this wall, I cannot tell where BlueSnakelet stands on either Ranger or Kkoba, except for the idea that they aren't buddies. Everything is "understandable," or "NAI." There are no hard opinions in this post. The biggest stance BlueSnakelet takes is that kkoba did not look argumentative.

But really, this post is a whole lot of nothing - and I would expect a townie who just read through the back and forth, who is genuinely thinking about people's alignments, would have some sort of firm opinion on *someone's* alignment. Or, at the very least, they would try to move closer to getting an opinion on someone's alignment if they didn't get anything from that back and forth. Keep in mind, BlueSnakelet hasn't even voted yet at this time. Instead, BlueSnakelet spends their time and effort on this post that says nothing.

What does the post do? It screams "look at me I'm so town!" The phrasing of "I was going to suspect Ranger" feels overly self aware. It wants people to know that it has had a thought process and change of mind about Ranger. I don't think townie's generally phrase posts like this. Townies aren't this self conscious about their thought processes. Wherever they end up on a slot, they are gonna share that. They'd just say, "I'm not suspecting Ranger." But that phrasing, and the post as a whole, feels like BlueSnakelet using a lot of words to show that he is "solving," while not really saying anything substantial at all.

LAMIST isn't a real tell, some people just post with awareness because they have this thing called "insight". Awareness isn't scummy, you should know its a bad wikitell. Like I will never vote snek when I see their ISO looks fine and people are contriving these kinds of noobtrap tells to suspect the slot. The phrasing is fine if you try to think of "what could they have meant". I think its simple, you see X posts, think they're scummy, see Y clarification later, and determine X posts were fine(which is exactly what happened with me and Ranger) Do you know bluesnek enought to say this "using lots of words to show they are solving" is scummy for *them*? I think they said more substantial things than multiple people pushing their slot and mine, so again, another case of Higher Standards for thee, and not for me.

==========

The rest of the ISO from BlueSnakelet just isn't proactive. He isn't any closer to finding a vote, and his questions to Pooky and Drew go nowhere. I don't see the point of them. So, I try to get BlueSnakelet to take a stance on someone by asking him about his vote and what he thinks about one of the top wagons.
The questions for pooky/drew went nowhere because their play was trying to be as anti-town as possible this game, perhaps consider game context as to how that may be? Because literally 95% of both of those players game has been "tunnel koba".

In post 762, BlueSnakelet wrote: Ok, I paid attention to ofrhz. Mostly the things It's Highness pointed out in .

I read Ranger and ofrhz combined ISOs. From #15 to #91 it's all Ranger (including her readlists). From #97 to #112 it's all ofrhz talking about things other than Ranger. The next post from either of them is ofrhz's "serious" vote on Ranger, which he later explains was because of Ranger's readlists.

I agree, this development makes 0 sense. ofrhz voted without a reason, and then invented a reason when questioned.

VOTE: ofrhz
is his response. And, idk man, this just feels like a post made to please me. Like, this reads like BlueSnakelet saw I was on this wagon and in response to me prodding him about it, just made up a reason to also think ofrhz is scum.

Does anyone actually think that naked voting is a scum tell? Because that is basically what this post by BlueSnakelet boils down to. I do not believe that BlueSnakelet actually believes in this case. It, again, smells like trying to look solvey without having any substance behind it.

Like, tbh, this post is one of the best town cases someone has made on ofrhz all game.
No. I do not think naked voting is a scumtell on its own because I dont subscribe to bad "single tell" play that tries to take a shortcut to reach a read. Ignoring alisae, and assuming she may be intentionally bussing to make bluesnek look good or another partner who is also pushing bluesnek(perhaps you!) -> I heavily disagree that this slot is even remotely as scummy as people say, and they need to continue posting to establish their mindset, because I don't play by projecting it. (sometimes I'll accuse someone of one myself, not gonna deny it, but the intent is to see if they have their own explaination thats better) Seeing as bluesnek does have a pretty transparent explaination, however, that isn't necessary here.

and I also resent that as the original orf townreader, my case for orf's mindset being towny is being ignored but whatever lmao.

If bluesnek does flip scum I think there's a good argument that the people pushing the slot as "obvious" are conscious of the tells because they *know* they are mafia and forget that people's scumplay can mimic part of their townplay and it doesn't look that black and white from an uninformed perspective. However, I do mostly doubt this because of the alisae being basically confirmed scum via having robot tone and super shallow worldview.
im unspoilering your case because i actualy want people to see how forced it is to reach a conclusion you want and adding my rebuttal in here, because like i said, you can find their current play *suspicious* but to lock them in as scum is way too early for how much they have posted content wise considering there are good things in there too, and i will not be gaslighted into being told there aren't. They were open and honest about what they were thinking IMO and its super projecting to assume they have to approach the game the way you want them to. Alisae looks worse when it comes to "trying to solve the game" btw, and if you refuse to read alisae critically, you can be part of the PoE too.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

I also see a very notable thing that Dann mentioned reads on several people who were active, but has not offered a critical take on Alisae at all, which pings me heavily. I know dann can post nice looking stuff as scum and I also know he applies critical thinking and logic when he is town, so I have a baseline expectation to see at least part of what I am saying is present in Ali's play, and disconnect that from the Alisae push on Bluesnek
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1203, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1180, Meuh wrote: I feel like there's enough concentrated scumminess in Koba/HPE that there's always a scum flip there
Spoiler:

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

“ i will not be gaslighted into being told there aren't.”

disagreeing with your read is not gaslighting!!!!!!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1208, Meuh wrote:
In post 1203, DkKoba wrote:
Spoiler:

u can reply snarkily all u want but without evidence, you're just saying things
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1209, Dannflor wrote: “ i will not be gaslighted into being told there aren't.”

disagreeing with your read is not gaslighting!!!!!!
still refusing to talk about alisae -> dann stonks rapidly dropping
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

i dont care if you townread alisae, but refusing to address a credible case of a highly polarized player is wild
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:03 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 198, Dannflor wrote: is alisae’s like disengagement with the ge +town
this is dann's only mention of alisae all game, not even an interaction, despite seeming to agree with a read on alisae

dann has made 0 effort to solve alisae and does not care about what alisae says.

I can't really find another conclusion other than that Dann is paired with Alisae and struggles to address alisae as e is in eir obvious scum meta)

Posts like this with 0 followup show a lack of care in solving.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

i don’t have a strong read on alisae, I think eir a very strong player as both alignments and I don’t trust myself to read alisae accurately at this point in the game. similar case as pooky

based on personal meta, i would say alisae has been more in eir town meta this game, but that’s a very faint feeling

if you like i can try to force myself to get an actual read on alisae soon, but it’s like

Idk it’s D1 i just want to get the scum that are easiest to catch and alisae has not been very scummy to me thus far

I don’t wanna
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

I miss pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

alisae/pooky slot/dann/iamveryhappy/+1 (maybe sheep bc theyre one of the nulls remaining)

meuh kinda towny now i think now that i can kinda see whats going on there although i think they are using lazy shortcuts in their reading method and are in no way out of PoE
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1214, Dannflor wrote: i don’t have a strong read on alisae, I think eir a very strong player as both alignments and I don’t trust myself to read alisae accurately at this point in the game. similar case as pooky

based on personal meta, i would say alisae has been more in eir town meta this game, but that’s a very faint feeling

if you like i can try to force myself to get an actual read on alisae soon, but it’s like

Idk it’s D1 i just want to get the scum that are easiest to catch and alisae has not been very scummy to me thus far

I don’t wanna
how have they been in town meta? cite some games this reminds you of
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

I think you're making that up.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

I tend to treat slots like alisae and pooky by just letting them do their thing until i find something to latch onto

Or they’ve made such a volume of posts that it becomes much easier to find their intentions
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

It reminds me of the opposite of warrior cats
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1158, DkKoba wrote: town alisae: viewtopic.php?t=91073

scum alisae: viewtopic.php?t=90848

look at the push on mith in the second game, and look at alisae's approach to slots like vp baltar in the first one.

like best case scenario we are in a game where alisae is having an off town game imo and not really trying at all, but imo they just lack any sort of passion in their play and are just robotically advancing scum wincon
linked these 2 games
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1220, Dannflor wrote: It reminds me of the opposite of warrior cats
yeah because ali wasn't playing burnt out in that game and was actually trying to somewhat pretend to be town
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:08 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1196, Dannflor wrote:
Why is there such a large burden of proof assigned to the BlueSnakelet wagon that has not been applied to literally any other wagon in the game up until now?
because every other wagon of note besides koba's has had people arguing their points. koba and snakelet for SOME REASON seem to be consensus wagons that everyone is fine just going "yeah scum" on and voting on without a second thought lmao
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor