matrix
matrix
Goon
matrix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 am

Post by matrix »

one wonders if some of the people jumping onto my case are not Scum themselves looking for an easy out d1.

I still have reservations about omg, there be a bunch of players who have yet to post though, it is definitely much harder to guage the under the radar types when game days take a considerable time to play out.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:51 am

Post by hewitt »

I won't jump on your back quite yet (although I kinda did earlier), I agree not enough people have contributed to the convos yet really.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'll chip in some more once I'm back in the loop, but I still think omg_im_innocent_wtf needs to die.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:34 am

Post by hewitt »

Alright I'm heading back to school so I'll be off for a while, let's get this back up and running! I'm really anticipating OMG to come back cause I wanna see what they have to say, considering my once suspect stef is now gone so now I've got to kind of refocus which sucks.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:02 am

Post by M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE »

i think omg is villager and im not voting him
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:11 am

Post by M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE »

i think hes a pretty good player, and i give him credit for not being a wolf here. its just too mind numbingly stupid of a play for an evil to make.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Hitch »

hewitt, whoever replaces stef will take on his role as far as I know.

Also, yes, the UTR players need some pressure to post imo.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Hitch »

PLAYERS
Alive: 20

The Fonz

Caboose

Sun Tzu

Stef

matrix

atakdog

omg_im_innocent_wtf

gusmahler

M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE

SiestaGuru

ScottHoward

Hitch

zhaorx

hewitt

Wall-E

The Central Scrutinizer

oEJo

StrangerCoug

Mada

ZazieR

copy/pasted from the OP for my convenience....
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Hitch »

The following players have requested to be replaced out. I am currently searching for these replacements.

gusmahler
Caboose
Stef
Mada
ZazieR

copied from post #423 for my convenience...
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Hitch »

SO -

PLAYERS
Alive: 20

The Fonz
not posted yet I don't think, certainly needs to post more

Caboose
subbed out, awaiting new name

Sun Tzu
Stef

matrix
atakdog
omg_im_innocent_wtf
gusmahler

M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE
SiestaGuru
ScottHoward
Hitch
zhaorx
hewitt
Wall-E

The Central Scrutinizer
oEJo
StrangerCoug
Mada
subbed out, awaiting new name, also not posted yet I don't think

ZazieR

So let's try
UNVOTE
VOTE;FONZ
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Hitch »

I feel we're a little stuck here until we know we've got subs...
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:00 am

Post by hewitt »

Hitch wrote:hewitt, whoever replaces stef will take on his role as far as I know.

Also, yes, the UTR players need some pressure to post imo.
That's what kind of worries me cause I don't know who replaced him.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:11 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Yeah... uh... I don't really get the claiming mason and the other guy losing it.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
atakdog
atakdog
Goon
atakdog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 am

Post by atakdog »

I propose we do nothing until the replacement players show up.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

First thing: talking about 'if i am the cop, X is innocent' is insanely antitown. It helps scum narrow down who an actual cop might be.
zhaorx wrote:if you guys really are masons, bad guys won't kill you. you're no threat to them.
This is untrue. Masons are confirmed innocent, so likely to be first in the firing line, particularly for the SK who doesn't have to worry about cops.
zhaorx wrote:i didn't call anyone a retard. I asked stef if he/she was "retarted". Please do not make up things about me.
Being a retard and being retarded are synonymous, and misspelling is no defence.
atakdog wrote:
In fact, we also know how games are played
on this site
. That we have chosen to play differently does not make us wrong.

I suspect I will refer often to "wolves" rather than "mafia". If this confuses you I apologize; it may be a hard habit to break.

Some of the things you appear to think are normal are antitown. And I find references to wolves and seers annoying, rather than confusing. But meh. It's probably not the most annoying thing about you wolf players. For instance, the amount of spamming you're doing, which reduces the signal:noise ratio and makes it harder to catch scum.
zhaorx wrote:people who have to come up with some "purpose" for putting a vote on someone on Day 1 is a solid scum tell.
Absolutely and utterly wrong. The first day starts off with random voting; that does not mean it will stay that way. Read other games on this site. There's usually a good reason, or the appearance of one, behind most day one lynches. Your attitude is one I typically see with people who come from sites where the night game exceeds in importance the day. That isn't so here.
zhaorx wrote:my point is that given day 1 without much reads or information, overdefending a vote for "some logical reason" is fillery.
Just a warning: accusing someone of being 'overdefensive' will get me to try to policy lynch you. The issue here appears to be that you are of the opinion that statements like that on day one won't ever carry weight, whilst SC believes that you shouldn't say something like that unless you can back it up with some reasoning or evidence. This one is simply a culture clash, and i don't see scumminess on either side.
zhaorx wrote:similarly, getting agitated over a few votes on you is also scum like. but i do concede this is my first game on this site, and that may be standard. will have to wait and see.
Overreacting to a baseless wagon can be scummy. But so can implying there's more to a vote than there is. We'll see.
mike wrote:A. this is completely standard for him (not the insulting bits, but his style and the awesome poke bits)
Note, around here, we do not generally accept 'he's always like this' as a defence if the behaviour is genuinely antitown. Not that I find zh that antitown thus far, though i disagree with his positions.
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:i think it's easier to belive OMG im innocent on the claim because:

- his claim is so damn refutable, its ridiculously hard to make it stick. i mean he has to rely on his partner, and if hes a wolf doing it, his partner is going to claim in accordance like damn near 100% of the time to keep hte even flow going, IMO.
WIFOM. Though my instinct is that you are correct.
StrangerCoug wrote:As for oEJo countering omg_im_innocent_wtf, I'm 99% sure it's now obvious that omg_im_innocent_wtf is scum, but I still want to scumhunt. I'm happy with voting OIIW if zhaorx can convince me he's not scum, but if we have a vigilante he or she needs to be the one to shoot OIIW in my opinion.
How? Consider cost/benefit. Though, of course, LAL suggests getting rid of him anyway.

BTW: For anyone who's not experienced him before, OMGIIWTF has a history of doing off the wall things, that can seem scummy, and sometimes are, and getting angry when anyone attacks him on it because he thinks he's better than everyone else.
atakdog wrote:I am glad to see that M1KE is a good guy.
Tip: Don't be DrippingGoofball.
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:are mafiascum players the total badasses of the werewolf world?
Obviously not, as we don't play 'werewolf.'

Re: Hitch 182- There are reasons why a town player might vote a claimed mason there: I would however like SC to explain himselg.
atakdog" wrote:It appears who does something they perceive to be anti-town, and it appears Stef perceived a d1 mason claim to be anti-town even if true (and therefore, by extension, probably false -- which is hilariously bad reasoning but seem to be along the lines of the prevailing wisdom). Accordingly, you can't reasonably conclude from stef's vote on of an uncountered claimant that he's scummy -- there is another, in my opinion more likely possibility that I probably don't need to spell out any further.
Actually, it's not bad reasoning. If you're town, you have a town win condition. Claiming mason D1 hurts the town wc. Therefore, town should never do it, at least not deliberately. This leaves the possibility of a) the player did not realise it antitown b) the player is doing it deliberately, and is therefore scum (since, as we've said, town won't deliberately hurt their own WC). Town and scum are as likely to do it in manner a) whilst only scum will do b). Therefore, any antitown behaviour is a small scumtell at the very least. Of course, you have to weigh that against the likelihood he actually is a mason. And OMG's meta.

And you didn't need to mention the other possibility at all. That's also antitown.

atakdog: Have you ever encountered lynch all liars? Is lying about roles as town common where you come from?

RE: 195. Let's not direct the vig right now.
Sun Tzu wrote:I think OMG's claim is more likely to be villager FPS than a wolf tactic, but I'd still like to hear his thoughts on what he was trying to accomplish.

I'd also like to hear what matrix thinks he was trying to accomplish if he's scum.
I don't like this line of argument: it's perfectly possible he expected this exact reaction. There are obvious benefits for scum, since there's the possibility of a real mason group outing themselves by counterclaiming, and town shouldn't do it for the same reason.
matrix wrote:
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:How could I possibly be doing this as a power role? oEJo would just come in and tell you all that I was lying.

Basically I am either exactly a mason with oEJo, or a wolf with him.
dug up from page 2 before this quality post gets buried.
Not a quality post; As i said, wifom.

I do NOT, however, like Matrix' defence in 235.
SiestaGuru wrote:
Only if they are truely masons, or both scum, EJS choice would be a bad one.
You clearly have little idea how to play mafia.

241: I agree that there is a little too much metagame discussion going on, and not enough discussion of the game that's going on.
zhaorx wrote:
I assumed Stef was talking to OMG and myself. I don't understand where he comes to the conclusion that either of us are newbies or that we don't belong in this game. I don't understand how "behavior like this ruins games."
I do.
zhaorx wrote:well consistency isn't matrix's strong suit. thus, i'm not reading a whole lot into that part of it right now. and matrix will vote as he sees fit, so you can't jump to conclusions from that either.
Meh, inconsistency is scummy, although thankyou for the meta info.
zhaorx wrote:i like how everyone thinks they are a mafia god.
QFI.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote: A guy, that posts with a girls name, that cries as soon as someone makes a claim he is too noob to understand. .
It is you, and not him, who made the n00b move.
Hitch wrote: ok does this post read as if cougar
knows
matrix is scum allready?
No, and imho posts like this are scumtells.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
Or you can open your mind up and learn from me.

The choice is yours.
StrangerCoug is a much better mafia player than you.
ScottHoward wrote:btw
im teh seer
hewitt is not mafia
just kidding, im not teh seer
Even ignoring the annoying claim unclaim thing, this post does not add anything.
matrix wrote:
You are going to look
outstandingly
wrong for this comment when my vanilla role is revealed, I shall take some small crumb of solace for being mislynched d1 *again* when that happens :)
Vote: Matrix

Call it a policy vote, whatever, but claiming vanilla unforced there is outstandingly antitown, and therefore scummy. Plus the appeal to emotion.
ScottHoward wrote:
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:atakdog is a power role

100% sure this is a lock
mike, what benefit to the village is this post?
QFT.
ScottHoward wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:MickeyMike and atakdog are both wolves.
if atakdog is a wolf, and mike called attention to him the way he did, mike should be shot. if atak is a wolf here, mike is almost never ever a wolf. further, if mike is a wolf, its very unlikely atak is as well.
WIFOM overload. There is such a thing as bussing.

QFT StrangerCoug 364.
zhaorx wrote:EPICNESS
SPAMNESS.

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Hitch wrote:can we get a lynch organised then? or shall I come back on Monday?
Let's organize a lynch on omg_im_innocent_wtf. He's completely anti-town, nothing he posts makes any sense...
Dont hate what you do not understand.

You are trying to lynch a pro-town player. Thus you are the one being anti-town.
*HEADDESK*
ScottHoward wrote:
zhaorx wrote:i think this game setup is so favored for the village
agreed. village wins this game easily imo
Three completed games. One scum win, one town win, one tie.
M1KEMMIEMIEMKEMIKE wrote:OMG's abrasiveness comes so naturally that it sounds like hes legit annoyed at being persecuted after his oh-so-clever initial play backfires.
This is classic omg. Though that doesn't mean it's not detrimental enough to the town to lynch for it.
matrix wrote:one wonders if some of the people jumping onto my case are not Scum themselves looking for an easy out d1.
Not an argument.
Hitch wrote: The Fonz

So let's try
UNVOTE
VOTE;FONZ
Right. I'm going to try to be civil. But the reason I haven't posted yet is because you spammers managed to get the thread locked before i could get to it in order to post. It only just re-opened, and you're trying to make out like it's voteworthy lurking? Come off it. I'm not happy that half the mafiascum regulars have decided that this game is intolerable, and i wouldn't be surprised if darkdude has terrific difficulty finding enough players to keep it going.

And doing nothing till the replacements show up is a good recipe for killing the game. It'll probably take at least a week, at best, for all of them to show. Was that sarcasm?
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Hitch »

think I love the fonz.

what is wifom?

Hope we can get away from the us vs them mentality. I just want to play mafia
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Hitch »

Honest question, review my posts, you think I'm a spammer?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hitch wrote:think I love the fonz.

what is wifom?

If you don't know what WIFOM is, you really need to play a newbie game. I can't believe you can play mafia without understanding the concept.
Hitch wrote:Honest question, review my posts, you think I'm a spammer?
I was using the collective 'you.' I'd agree your noise: signal ratio is better than many people's here.

But still:
Hitch wrote:
ScottHoward wrote:hey girls
sorry for the lateness
gonna catch up and lay some smack down
stay tuned
hai
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:58 am

Post by hewitt »

Alright, nice post The Fonz, I've got to say the statement I agree with the most is that matrix should not have claimed vanilla townie D1 because it is anti-town and that really bothers me. Then again, I've also been very suspicious of him from the beginning so every little comment like that further re-enforces my fear that he's scum.

The comment I'd disagree with the most is your reaction to zhaorx's comment on how he doesn't think "behavior like that ruins the game", which you responded with I do.

Okay, come on people, get overselves. The behavior is fine, deal with it and quit complaining like second graders. Let's just play the damn game.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Hitch »

I understand the concept, just never heard the acronim before.

Hewitt is right.
Hitch
Hitch
Goon
Hitch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Hitch »

so, fonz, who do you want to kill?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by The Fonz »

hewitt wrote:Alright, nice post The Fonz, I've got to say the statement I agree with the most is that matrix should not have claimed vanilla townie D1 because it is anti-town and that really bothers me. Then again, I've also been very suspicious of him from the beginning so every little comment like that further re-enforces my fear that he's scum.
And there's also obvious reasons for scum to do it, as well. Plus he's used appeal to emotion.

The comment I'd disagree with the most is your reaction to zhaorx's comment on how he doesn't think "behavior like that ruins the game", which you responded with I do.
I'm not being funny, by page four i wanted to kill all of you who play on that werewolf site in real life. Personal insults and pointless spamming make the game less fun.
Okay, come on people, get overselves. The behavior is fine, deal with it and quit complaining like second graders. Let's just play the damn game.
No, it's not fine. It's already driven several people who i know to be reasonable, level-headed and tolerant players from the game.
Hitch wrote:I understand the concept, just never heard the acronim before.
Good.
Hitch wrote:so, fonz, who do you want to kill?
Everyone. But if you want me to be more specific, i'm voting. That should be a clue.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Hitch wrote:so, fonz, who do you want to kill?
What leads you to believe that The Fonz has a killing role?

FoS: Hitch
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by hewitt »

Well for one thing I don't play on the werewolf site, for another thing no you're wrong. The people who don't make it fun are the ones who complain about it. Let it drop already.

But besides that whole issue, on a whole, I agree with most of your points The Fonz. I kind of really want matrix to get back on and comment/defend himself just to see what he has to say.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”