Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2595, Aureal wrote: I specifically asked AniX to use the vig so there's still a chance for you to use your cop action, but if you've made your peace with getting no use out of it then sure you can go ahead and flip me BUT:
I have not, which is why I said (I think I said? Did I not say it maybe?) that I DO NOT like my plan, Oh, I guess I didn't say it in the end.

Can AniX vig you? I honestly forgot how their claim works but I thought they had to tunnel you in order to vig you.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2597, DkKoba wrote: i actually dont scumread ppl for disagreeing with me and that is obviously present in my recent games lol "i hate their process but regrettably towny" is a pretty common read of mine when i disagree with a townread that looks weird.

find a good argument please, like maybe try solving the game instead of crutching your role and hiding in audacious play?
Subject: Mini 2240: SCP Upick (SCP 682 Ending)
In post 223, SCP 999 wrote:
In post 209, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE: SCP 999

Alright, let's give this game a little more effort. Here are my thoughts right now:

Taking back the suspicion on Zyla, they have little content but I don't dislike their last two posts, and the day 1 wasn't on them.

I'm thinking town on Ampharos, this is mostly just feels based off of playing a few games with her. Night 1 action targeting me is interesting but doesn't need an explanation today, and is more likely to be town than not. This is not a good place to be pushing today, regardless, based on how day 1 went down and them not being involved in that.

I think Dwlee is fine. Can think about this more when they have more but I'm not interested in going there today either.

Galron gets a very light town read for their posting on day 1. I'm not sure why a call was made for pressure here since they were posting on day 1.

I think LLD is more likely to be town telling the truth than mafia making a gambit. We can figure it out later with claims.

I like Roden's posts on day 2.

Sircakez vote reasoning was one of the most plausible/justifiable from what I've seen. Other than that, they haven't done anything at all, and seemed pretty unconcerned coming into today.

I don't like the places SCP 999 has decided to focus today. If I have my way today, we won't be eliminating any of those players they've pushed today. I don't like that they then claimed to not be ascetic last night, and felt the need to "prove" that they had an ability that cost 2 D-class personnel. Their "reaction test" earlier didn't make sense. Seems to be going out of their way to disrupt the day phase.

I don't like the way Cephrir acts like Strangematter was really scummy. They really weren't... they posted, like, 3 times, and got jumped on for very flimsy reasons, followed by pushing instead of pulling back after an early cop claim. Day 2 play is mostly focused on defending themself, though they do have some reads as well. I don't like their spot on the Strangematter Wagon.

Infinity Zero started day 1 with a lot of mech talk around SCP 999's role, then transitioned into voting for Strangematter in for very dubious reasons (how does it feel like that and why is Strangmatter a scumread at this point in time?) They also push instead of pulling back with the early cop claim. On day 2, Gamma getting mad about something insubstantial is definitely his scum meta. kind of misses the point of what I am asking (which is if they have anyone as a scumread, not their townreads.) They do a woe is me thing for a bit which does not look town to me. In they ask a question that feels more like a distraction than solving (and my answer to that is that I don't care for the premise, they may or may not have done so, but that isn't how I'm sorting people.) Their vote on Ampharos is lame.

[LLD]
[Ampharos]
[Zyla, Roden, Dwlee, Galron]
[SirCakez, Scp 999, Cephrir]]
[Infinity Zero]

Middle tier is above null in my eyes but I don't want to write them off for later as there is not much to look at there.
I am looking in the bottom 2 tiers for mafia. I don't think there are less than 2 mafia within that pool of 4, at the very least.
"I dont like the places scp 999 has decided to - " gonna stop you right there chief- you're going the level 1 route of assuming disagree = mafia. Why is my thoughts process behind my actions not town? You're working backwards - you dont *want* me to be town because you dont like my actions. Lets not get into those traps here - if thats how you reached conclusion on me and then preflipped me into dwlee townread(which is terrible if you actually bothered to read that iso, youre literally just preflipping me into them) - I have no reason to trust your reads are even remotely holistic.

citation actually(im scp999)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Yeah they can't vig you rn.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

can we pls consolidate on random nurse, they disengaged so hard bc they are scum and the person who cited meta had like really good reasoning for the difference that i vibed with at the time but was struggling to accept in the moment
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2595, Aureal wrote:
In post 2532, DragonEater70 wrote: First, let me preface that after my chat with Aureal today I have her as 60-70% certainty as being town, so I'm not exactly happy to vote her. However this plan should satisfy both her and her biggest opponents, from a mechanical viewpoint.

Basically, the idea is this:
  1. We DON'T go offering people Amway randomly like Bingle is doing right now. Instead, we choose the two towniest/solviest players and give one of them Amway, who then gives the other Amway. These two players will be the new heads of Amway.
  2. Then, we flip Aureal and Bingle and Koba are very happy because we finally publicly eveal her role info.
  3. Then, ALL PLAYERS WHO HAVE Amway, EXCEPT the 2 chosen ones, RESIGN their Amway powers during the night. This can be verified and I'll explain later how, but if they don't comply they will be policy limmed.
  4. Then, even if mafia night kills one of the chosen townleaders, at least one of them will remain. This town leader can then recruit the player who they consider towniest, who will recruit the player they consider towniest etc. until all players are recruited. If someone isn't recruited then they didn't comply with instructions and get policy limmed.
  5. Then, the top 5 towniest/solviest players become vigs and can coordinate shots and just shred the PoE list that will be put together.
Okay, sooo...

I specifically asked AniX to use the vig so there's still a chance for you to use your cop action, but if you've made your peace with getting no use out of it then sure you can go ahead and flip me BUT:
1) Absolutely do NOT take direction from Koba and Bingle, they are woefully misleading you whether because of scum motivation or a complete inability to wrap their heads around the idea that not everyone thinks like them therefore they need to shit-tunnel in the shittiest ways. I don't know who constitutes "towny/solvy" at this point as nobody is acting like that anymore, but it is not these two. Promise me you will hold them accountable for the BS they've been up to and not just let them continue to bluster and rant and lie.
2) Theta absolutely should keep the Amway because she is actually quite useful with her Desperate modifier on it when you allow her a few recruits so she can neighborize, she's probably going to get killed right away because of it so you really don't need to worry about it. If she's still alive tomorrow when you can see that it's perfectly safe to let Amway loose, she can probably get up to being a Desperate vig. Nor do I really see a reason for KKFC to leave- if you think he's scum then just shoot him to remove his status at the top of the chain.
3) It should be possible to organize Amway chains in a variety of configurations in order to set desired people up with specific powers. This is exactly what I was expecting Bingle and Koba to work on when I claimed- instead they decided to scream and stick their heads in the sand to make it go away. These chains will only be reliable for the following night due to the ability to leave Amway. However, I doubt the mod is going to put in placeholder votes for these people who have lost their vote the next day, so it should be easy enough to identify who left and consider that a scumclaim.
4) I do not think leaving Amway with only two members overnight is a good idea unless we want to risk losing it, because I wouldn't take it for granted that scum don't have a way to make a second kill like with a vig shot; also Theta being able to Desperate neighborize is too valuable especially in the world where you aren't getting your cop action.
Fine.

@KKFC give me the Amway powers.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Wait nvm I want to use my cop ability
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hmmmmmmm

I kinda need to go so I'll think this through later
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 2603, DkKoba wrote: can we pls consolidate on random nurse, they disengaged so hard bc they are scum and the person who cited meta had like really good reasoning for the difference that i vibed with at the time but was struggling to accept in the moment
could u find that post or describe the meta differences

RN disengaged hard as town in a micro i just finished and i think they were just busy and i get the same vibes here
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:17 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2585, Ircher wrote: Idk, I think Aureal raises a good point that if you don't know the precise recruitment phase, you should copy the phrase used by someone else who does know the correct phase. How else will we be able to vet whether the power works as described ir not?
Uh huh. And the scum motivation here is…? Like, as soon as Aureal gave me the information I didn’t have I immediately redid the invitation with the correct phrasing. Dragon can confirm we don’t have a neighborhood, so I clearly didn’t have the information. What is my master plan as scum here? To fake a recruitment to not confirm the role it’s now confirmed I have? FFS, I even offered you the chance to prove to yourself that I’m not in amway.

Here, let’s try that again:

Have you heard about this new opportunity to make extra income?

Now this time, actually respond and confirm there is no neighborhood forming instead of just assuming that I’m scum because you’re shit at reading me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2587, Ircher wrote:
In post 2559, Bingle wrote:
In post 2551, DragonEater70 wrote: Do you think it's possible the all/most of scum are just the lurkers?
If both Aureal, theta and Cook are town I'd say it's pretty much required. Most of the people who are being active and solvey are pretty transparently town at this point.
How are you protecting yourself from confirmation bias here? "Well, they are active and look like they are solving," isn't the same as being town who
is
solving.
I haven’t said that anyone is town for being active and solvey. I’ve said that all of the active players, other than aureal and cook ARE towny. It’s also not much of a stretch when you realize there’s only like a quarter of the game that’s active that scum is going to be lurkers.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:33 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 2607, Skygazer wrote: RN disengaged hard as town in a micro i just finished and i think they were just busy and i get the same vibes here
We ball

VOTE: RN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:56 am

Post by AniX »

In post 2605, DragonEater70 wrote: Wait nvm I want to use my cop ability
If you actually did you'd be voting No Lim right now.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:10 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 2534, Bingle wrote:
In post 2472, Ranger wrote:
In post 2377, DkKoba wrote: My role is a
direct
counter to Cook's role, in our group of four.
Would you agree that me being unrecruitable is a direct counter to aureal recruiting?
Botched quote. If you're in the same group, then yes, quite likely. Otherwise, no, just coincidental.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 2558, Skygazer wrote:i'm checked out lets kill someone already
Cook, please.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: cook
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:30 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 1.22
4 out of 5 dentists agree

6 players voting for Cook (Ranger, camelCasedSnivy, Ircher, Theta Alpine, DragonEater70, Save The Dragons)
4 players voting for Aureal (Bingle, Cook, Skygazer, Political Clout)
3 players voting for Random Nurse (DkKoba, ofrhz, KatyKimFanClub)
1 player voting for Theta Alpine (Meuh)
1 player voting for Meuh (AniX)

2 players not voting (Random Nurse, Aureal)

with 17 votes, it takes 9 to eliminate.

mod notes: Deltabreedy is replaced by Meuh. still searching for a Random Nurse replacement.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:41 am

Post by Meuh »

Meuhment
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

I give up. Cook ur gonna have to fight this out yourself bc it's not helpful that I'm trying to defend u while you're basically doing nothing atp

Post solving content like giving us a PoE or a town core or any sort of reads, bc the more you play like this the more it feels like you are intentionally anti spewing basically.

I'd rather have your slot be around for d2 and flip in a different order but your flip atp forces a lot of povs to change regardless of alignment so it isnt in my list of "horrible info townread lims"
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:07 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

VOTE: Random Nurse
master at being scum(my)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:19 am

Post by xyzzy »

Klick replaces Random Nurse! hooray
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Skygazer »

hi klick
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh no, Klick is likely scum. Sad. :(
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2602, DragonEater70 wrote: Yeah they can't vig you rn.
Which would be why I said tomorrow, yes.
In post 2382, Aureal wrote:
In post 2381, ofrhz wrote:
@Aureal
do other recruits retain the abilities and can they continue to recruit if you are dead?

Do people who are dead still count as recruits?

I also want to know what is happening in the hood, if you discussed reads with Anix (especially your reads on each other)
Yes, yes, and very little. AniX and I exchanged a couple points on our suspicion of DE and a bit about our abilities before the massclaim, not much else of note. I asked him to vig me tomorrow, he hasn't reacted.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2597, DkKoba wrote: i actually dont scumread ppl for disagreeing with me
Cool, did anyone ever actually claim that? If you're trying to get this from my comment about you two being unable to understand that other people are going to think differently, try looking at Bingle's scumread supposedly being based off the fact that I didn't treat people like they're playing Baby's First Mafia Game and go "by the way, vigs are RISKY because they could shoot TOWNIES, oh my! Betcha didn't know that!"

Also on that note, Bingle must have a very hard scumread on DE now since he actually suggested creating a bunch of vigs! And didn't explain to us the risks, oh no!
-furtiveglance
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:06 am

Post by DkKoba »