TemporalLich's Grandest Idea uPick [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 371, ZZZX wrote:
In post 367, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 362, ZZZX wrote: Is Mastina in this game?
Not as far as I can tell?
In post 363, DkKoba wrote: if i had a nickel for everytime someone acidentally made up a player in the game i'd have 10 cents. which isn't much but pretty surprising it happened twice.
My current readlist:

BBmolla
Flavor Leaf
CCS
all other players
Gullotina
Mastina
:lol:

Had to check. Been away enough that i wouldnt be surprised if NM became an alt for a few players or something.

On that note

NM, get here and work with me. Who is bad? And why? I am not used to you posting so little.
NM has a bit of a flakey reputation lately, and trolly too if he was more ... normal playing in the past haha. that being said he's like 10x flakier as scum.

I will say when he tries and doesn't just shitpost (which usually only happens when people just write him off 100%) he has really decent reads tho which I'm guessing you know which is why you care
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 374, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 370, DkKoba wrote:
In post 11, Itinerants wrote:
In post 8, DkKoba wrote: i would like to propose we all share the picks we did not get, I got my town pick, here are my picks:

Mafia: Goon(of an arbitrary faction) post 2180

Free: 10,000, post 10000

Mod Discretion: Alien Vote Donator, post 2367

I used a randomizer to choose roles so my town role may or may not be garbage too
Seems like a good idea.
Our picks were:
Town - Conditionally Deathproof Innocent Doctor
Groupscum - Anomalous Collector
Free Space - Zombie
Mod Discretion - VIP
~RH
You just said you weren't aware they fullclaimed, but this is literally the post you townread them for????

(I thought by "fullclaim" it meant they said which of the 4 they got, which I don't think they disclosed yet)
semantics
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 373, ZZZX wrote:
In post 368, DkKoba wrote: DE's recent posting is better but I'm still not convinced and feels like a shell of town DE so far :cowboy:

will say its likely there will crop up better d1 candidates as they are content heavy and removing content producers is always bad for gamestate even if you think they're "scum trying to control things'

protip: you can just, not listen to them, crazy concept :scream:
It depends. Sometimes if you know X is scum but he is affecting enough people, taking immedite action is critical. Other times, it can wait. There is no real "true" answer i suppose.
ya but in my experience the "im paranoid X is controlling the gamestate as scum" is just reactive paranoia for the sake of paranoia because someone is posting a lot LOL thus why the disclaimer.
retired
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 228, DkKoba wrote: role madness meta has causal trueclaiming as >>>rand town
That's true though
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 375, DkKoba wrote:
In post 371, ZZZX wrote:
In post 367, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 362, ZZZX wrote: Is Mastina in this game?
Not as far as I can tell?
In post 363, DkKoba wrote: if i had a nickel for everytime someone acidentally made up a player in the game i'd have 10 cents. which isn't much but pretty surprising it happened twice.
My current readlist:

BBmolla
Flavor Leaf
CCS
all other players
Gullotina
Mastina
:lol:

Had to check. Been away enough that i wouldnt be surprised if NM became an alt for a few players or something.

On that note

NM, get here and work with me. Who is bad? And why? I am not used to you posting so little.
NM has a bit of a flakey reputation lately, and trolly too if he was more ... normal playing in the past haha. that being said he's like 10x flakier as scum.

I will say when he tries and doesn't just shitpost (which usually only happens when people just write him off 100%) he has really decent reads tho which I'm guessing you know which is why you care
NM has always been a bit trolly, but also used to be more active and had good reads. Plus I could usually trust him.

A bit of a shame, but I get how things can be. Been there.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 262, Guillotina wrote:
In post 260, Flavor Leaf wrote: I shoot on my terms.
Chicken.

Why chickens get day vigs. Boring
It's not chicken, it's rational thinking.

Would you call someone "chicken" for not running into a highway when you tell them to?

Okay I guess some people would call that person chicken, but these people are idiots who are willing to risk their and other people's lives so you really shouldn't copy them

Anyhow I kinda get the sense that Guillotina
could
just be town with terrible reads and off-meta playstyle, but I still think they are much scummier than most players who have posted so far so I don't see any reason to change my vote.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I will continue catching up and maybe change my mind about other players though
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

He usually puts a more genuine effort in when i'm in a game with him from what I have seen, probably because, crazy, not being dismissed by at least 1 player helps care about trying, and I've been saying this xD

kinda lightly confbiasing my DE read bc of him actually bc of it
retired
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 380, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 262, Guillotina wrote:
In post 260, Flavor Leaf wrote: I shoot on my terms.
Chicken.

Why chickens get day vigs. Boring
It's not chicken, it's rational thinking.

Would you call someone "chicken" for not running into a highway when you tell them to?

Okay I guess some people would call that person chicken, but these people are idiots who are willing to risk their and other people's lives so you really shouldn't copy them

Anyhow I kinda get the sense that Guillotina
could
just be town with terrible reads and off-meta playstyle, but I still think they are much scummier than most players who have posted so far so I don't see any reason to change my vote.

You know what, I am sold.

I will park my vote here for now

VOTE: Guillotina

I will iso Guillotina and have a more concrete readinf later. I will go now and do stuff
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Cook »

i'm curious what ccs's role is

i wonder which one of my genius ideas he rolled
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 265, DkKoba wrote: have u played with guillo before? He is definitely like a distinct flavor of player (as is obvious from his playstyle exhibited so far) and gets scumread often by people who have not played with him for things that aren't alignment indicative for him.
So I just went and skimmed over Guillotina's ISOs in two completed towngames (1, 2 and I disagree. Yes they are slightly idiosyncratic (aren't we all?) but their playstyle there GREATLY differs from their shitpushing and heavily tunneling that they are exhibiting here.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 287, Guillotina wrote:
In post 272, Flavor Leaf wrote: And on September 16th, we’ll come back to this
I got no interest in making this phase last longer than it needs to.

Prolonging the game creates apathy in town to the point of just settling for anything out of boredom.

The phases are 14 days but we dont have to use them. Dragon is obvious scum, let's yeet them out of existence so we can go on the night to do some spicy actions, i myself cant wait for it.
Geez, yeah no need to make this day phase a month long (please don't modkill me for this) but I think we can afford like at least 7-8 days of discussion before settling on a lim? Like what's the hurry to eliminate so fucking early?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:47 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 166, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 160, DkKoba wrote: if you are town: this is like >rand town guillo and cases that seem illogical to most people are common for him as town, I have played on and off in several games with guillo since 2020/2021
Could you link an example of such case or point me in the direction of one?
@Koba btw would help if you do link this since I get the feeling you are trying to be diplomatic and as you said "explain everyone's idiosyncrasies to each other"
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 293, Guillotina wrote: When he did that is when i accused him directly that i believe he was scum and all of that WIM for posting and participation froze right there and then.
I have 0 clue what you're talking about, I didn't freeze at all

I did decide to take a break from the game between post 155 and post 166 because I was tired of being the only one posting (and it's actually sad that there were only 10 posts during this 2 hour break), but I don't feel like I really stopped posting or froze or lost my WIM? Maybe I did become a little defensive but that's like a natural reaction for me when I get shitpushed, because it's important to me to refute the attacks on me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Honestly I don't feel that how Koba pushed patch is very logical and I know Koba as a logical person so my gut says this is scummy.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Or not pushed but called patch's experience "inconsistent""

Which doesn't really advance the game in any way except as an attempt to trip up patch and make them look scummy
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 312, DkKoba wrote: like I mentioned earlier, am a massive mafia tryhard and have over time applied mistakes i have made in games and am significantly more cautious about truly committing to reads. (my external and internal confidence in reads is different often, I will not show my hand fully often in this regard unless I believe I am going to die potentially etc. but generally as a rule my external confidence at EoD is often aligned with my internal confidence, including theoretical worlds I may not currently be pushing)
Also this doesn't sound like town!Koba to me, I feel town!Koba likes to be more bold with their reads.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Pages 13-14 don't feel real to me

Like idk if this makes sense cause obviously they'd been posted, but they kinda feel lacking in real content almost like it's an attempt to inflate the thread rather than actually play the game.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:13 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Flavor is town, ZZZX might be town, CCS is prob town and I think Itinerants are also town.

patch idk about, their read on me is clearly fake but at the same time they don't feel scummy.

I still think Guillo and Koba are scum.

Don't have reads on the rest.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 391, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 312, DkKoba wrote: like I mentioned earlier, am a massive mafia tryhard and have over time applied mistakes i have made in games and am significantly more cautious about truly committing to reads. (
my external and internal confidence in reads is different often
I will not show my hand fully often in this regard
unless I believe I am going to die potentially etc. but generally as a rule my external confidence at EoD is often aligned with my internal confidence, including theoretical worlds I may not currently be pushing)
Also this doesn't sound like town!Koba to me, I feel town!Koba likes to be more bold with their reads.
don't misrep me.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lmao ok yea the shade on this page is like overtly scummy and forced
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 390, DragonEater70 wrote: Or not pushed but called patch's experience "inconsistent""

Which doesn't really advance the game in any way except as an attempt to trip up patch and make them look scummy
This is a total misrepresentation and DE not quoting the post points towards him intentionally misrepresenting how I have been looking at patchwork.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

DE, you are about to be taught a lesson about why as scum you do not push town!koba because I will take your piss poor arguments and put you in your place.

I know how townies push me.

I know how scum push me.

Generally scum latch onto specific things that townies never do and you're going for those things rn.

Only a couple more arguments missing but its exciting that you decided to scumclaim!
retired
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 394, DkKoba wrote:
In post 391, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 312, DkKoba wrote: like I mentioned earlier, am a massive mafia tryhard and have over time applied mistakes i have made in games and am significantly more cautious about truly committing to reads. (
my external and internal confidence in reads is different often
I will not show my hand fully often in this regard
unless I believe I am going to die potentially etc. but generally as a rule my external confidence at EoD is often aligned with my internal confidence, including theoretical worlds I may not currently be pushing)
don't misrep me.
I am not misrepping? I just say how I perceive you

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, it's my personal perception.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:25 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay I admit that I probably didn't understand what you were getting at here, do you mind explaining it to me?
In post 300, DkKoba wrote: regardless i think the point is a little inconsistent in practice and needs more evidence, but is a genuine point against their favor.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”