Mini Theme 2312| Blood on the Clocktower: Sects & Violets | Village are Doomed!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 149, atsi wrote:
In post 143, AniX wrote: Oh, I guess I should mention I'm (currently unflipped) Snake Charmer, so there is a non-0% chance Enchant would interpret that as "working for the forces of evil" since I COULD change alignments at some point, but if he did that I'd be pretty pissed with that interpretation to be honest. At any rate, I'm not really a huge town asset anyway so no big loss killing me today.
If that's really the case, I'm gonna be pretty mad at the mod after this game...

@Mod has a modding mistake been made?
All actions resolved correctly.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 142, AniX wrote: Who is your other neighbor, Nurse?
That'd be me.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:20 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 139, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Yeah it's obvious Demon doesn't kill someone N1 because we're all still alive, but this one genuinely couldn't figure out if other roles get actions off? It seems so though based on how some roles have like "each night excluding the first" for their actions.
How much WW have you played before this game btw?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:23 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 141, Random Nurse wrote:
OK, so I'm not really getting the results I wanted from my questions, so I'll end this charade right now. It's highly unlikely that I am either Drunk or Poisoned, so I'm calling it now.

I used my Artist ability at Day start and asked Enchant if Anix is working for the forces of Evil (I had to be very specific with my wording). To this Enchant replied "Yes." Therefore, unless the mod is lying to me or the tiny chance I'm Drunk or Poisoned, Anix is either the Minion or the Demon.
Ok, this is great!
This is fine to open claim.

Why did you choose Anix to ask about (specifically with him being your neighbor), given that one of the main ways your info is wrong is if you're sitting next to a no dashi?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:00 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 153, Vanderscamp wrote:
OK, so I'm not really getting the results I wanted from my questions, so I'll end this charade right now. It's highly unlikely that I am either Drunk or Poisoned, so I'm calling it now.

I used my Artist ability at Day start and asked Enchant if Anix is working for the forces of Evil (I had to be very specific with my wording). To this Enchant replied "Yes." Therefore, unless the mod is lying to me or the tiny chance I'm Drunk or Poisoned, Anix is either the Minion or the Demon.
Ok, this is great!

Why did you choose Anix to ask about (specifically with him being your neighbor), given that one of the main ways your info is wrong is if you're sitting next to a no dashi?

I did not look at what a No Dashi is. I did open all the role PM spoiler lists and searched "drunk" and "poison" and only saw few options that could have possibly affected the result I'd get from using Artist.

I chose Anix because he's an experienced player and, if I can get a Guilty on him I'd rather take that opportunity.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:14 am

Post by AniX »

In post 148, atsi wrote:
In post 142, AniX wrote: Ok, Random Nurse is definitely poisoned or drunk, which actually is very good information. It indicates one of the following situations is true:
Do you have some information that proves Random Nurse is town? Assuming you are town, I don't see how you can rule out the possibility that Random Nurse is simply lying.
In post 142, AniX wrote: Philosopher named Artist, perhaps thinking the Artist is a power rule to get (this is a very common mindset. I don't really agree because one question doesn't really do much), said Artist and, since Artist is in game, named Artist.
No reason for Philosopher to be shy if this is the case, they don't have any role anymore.
What do you mean by this?
1. No, but if Random Nurse is lying town should send him a fruit basket because Minion/Demon drawing attention to themselves in this game as their first real action is a bold and foolish move. Nurse exposing himself to take me out and only getting a Snake Charmer in the bargain would be a town win.

2. The Philosopher is a one-off role. In BotC, information is key and any reason they might have to not claim is worth much less than the information they are the source of the drunkenness here.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:27 am

Post by Random Nurse »

If I were Scum I wouldn't be making a fake guilty claim on another player Day 1 unprovoked. Exactly where is the benefit?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:06 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 142, AniX wrote: Well, it is more likely we have a Vortox since there is a 1/4 chance of that and would impact everyone, which isn't really that "tiny". But poison or drunk could also be in play:

Ok, Random Nurse is definitely poisoned or drunk, which actually is very good information. It indicates one of the following situations is true:

Philosopher named Artist, perhaps thinking the Artist is a power rule to get (this is a very common mindset. I don't really agree because one question doesn't really do much), said Artist and, since Artist is in game, named Artist. No reason for Philosopher to be shy if this is the case, they don't have any role anymore.

Sweetheart is out, we haven't had a death to trigger it yet. Ditto Vigormortis.

Vortox is a contender, as I previously mentioned.

No Dashii is also a contender, although that puts more suspicion on me as a neighbor AND an info flip. Who is your other neighbor, Nurse?

I think we should see if anyone else got weird info (you don't need to mention this info) that would indicate Vortox. Otherwise, I think I'm a pretty strong contender for town's kill today, to take me off the board as a distraction. Then, if people still aren't getting a Vortox feel after results tomorrow, the next logical person to investigate should be Nurse's other neighbor (if anyone has any investigation roles, that'd a solid choice tonight)
Not quite from your pov, if you're good Nurse can just be evil and lying about the claim (or good and lying about the claim in some weird world.
If you're both good, vortox world Def most likely.

I think any philosopher who took artist should just claim ASAP, ask a question right now, and confirm that isn't true, and if that doesn't happen, we can just live in the world where that isn't a thing.

My info so far does not point either direction in favor of / against a vortox world btw.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 143, AniX wrote: Oh, I guess I should mention I'm (currently unflipped) Snake Charmer, so there is a non-0% chance Enchant would interpret that as "working for the forces of evil" since I COULD change alignments at some point, but if he did that I'd be pretty pissed with that interpretation to be honest. At any rate, I'm not really a huge town asset anyway so no big loss killing me today.
N1 target?
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:10 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

My biggest scum read was on Nurse, but I don't think claiming and voting Ani would be from scum. My next biggest sus reads are Ani and Infinity, so I'm fine with Ani execution. The only one I'm leaning town on so far is Erinys, though Hu Tao is giving me good vibes.

I'd still like to get some more nominations and votes for the sake of info tonight.

Also, in case there's a Juggler:
Infinity324 is Evil Twin
atsi is Witch
Vanderscamp is Cerenovus
AniX is Snake Charmer
Random Nurse is Artist
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 148, atsi wrote:
In post 142, AniX wrote: Ok, Random Nurse is definitely poisoned or drunk, which actually is very good information. It indicates one of the following situations is true:
Do you have some information that proves Random Nurse is town? Assuming you are town, I don't see how you can rule out the possibility that Random Nurse is simply lying.
In post 142, AniX wrote: Philosopher named Artist, perhaps thinking the Artist is a power rule to get (this is a very common mindset. I don't really agree because one question doesn't really do much), said Artist and, since Artist is in game, named Artist.
No reason for Philosopher to be shy if this is the case, they don't have any role anymore.
What do you mean by this?
Agree with your first paragraph.

Re your second paragraph, there's no value in a philosopher who chose artist not just open claiming now, since they can both do all the info their role can possibly do before they get NKed, and clear up info now
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 149, atsi wrote:
If that's really the case, I'm gonna be pretty mad at the mod after this game...

@Mod has a modding mistake been made?
Outsiders could possibly reasonably be construed (not imo) as working for evil, if any townsfolk role registers a positive as "working for evil" I will lose to that
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:15 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 154, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 153, Vanderscamp wrote:

Ok, this is great!

I did not look at what a No Dashi is. I did open all the role PM spoiler lists and searched "drunk" and "poison" and only saw few options that could have possibly affected the result I'd get from using Artist.

I chose Anix because he's an experienced player and, if I can get a Guilty on him I'd rather take that opportunity.
Fair enough

I think it ultimately doesn't matter since if Anix is No Dachi, there's a very high chance you would have gotten the opposite result
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 159, PiggyGal15 wrote: My biggest scum read was on Nurse, but I don't think claiming and voting Ani would be from scum. My next biggest sus reads are Ani and Infinity, so I'm fine with Ani execution. The only one I'm leaning town on so far is Erinys, though Hu Tao is giving me good vibes.

I'd still like to get some more nominations and votes for the sake of info tonight.

Also, in case there's a Juggler:
Infinity324 is Evil Twin
atsi is Witch
Vanderscamp is Cerenovus
AniX is Snake Charmer
Random Nurse is Artist
I don't think Ani has sounded scum at all tbh

Can you explain your erynis town read plus not thinking Nurse would make this kind of claim as scum?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:27 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 159, PiggyGal15 wrote:
My biggest scum read was on Nurse

PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:01 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 163, Vanderscamp wrote:Can you explain your erynis town read plus not thinking Nurse would make this kind of claim as scum?
My reads are all off vibes, Erinys has a very town vibe and hasn't said anything to ping my suspicions, nothing much more to it than that and I can't say the same for anyone else yet.

As for Nurse, I just think this would be a really stupid thing to do if you weren't town, and Nurse doesn't seem like a stupid person, ergo, I believe that Nurse believes he's telling the truth.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 165, PiggyGal15 wrote:
In post 163, Vanderscamp wrote:Can you explain your erynis town read plus not thinking Nurse would make this kind of claim as scum?
My reads are all off vibes, Erinys has a very town vibe and hasn't said anything to ping my suspicions, nothing much more to it than that and I can't say the same for anyone else yet.

As for Nurse, I just think this would be a really stupid thing to do if you weren't town, and Nurse doesn't seem like a stupid person, ergo, I believe that Nurse believes he's telling the truth.
I don't agree with the Nurse read but I believe both you and nurse believe it.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:49 am

Post by AniX »

In post 158, Vanderscamp wrote:
N1 target?
I actually forgot my role is a must and not a may so I didn't submit since the role is a little tricky to play wincon-wise (from my current wincon, it doesn't make sense for me to random choose people, since one could be a demon which is bad for my current wincon, even if my wincon changes immediately, I am making the initial choice as a townie). Enchant just had my role do nothing, which technically shouldn't be allowed since, again, must not may, but I suppose it can be coded as just a self-target.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

i'm surprised people don't think scum would fakeclaim in a game with no flips; regardless, nurse was a super strong townread of mine so i'm happy limming anix.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:02 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 168, Infinity 324 wrote: i'm surprised people don't think scum would fakeclaim in a game with no flips; regardless, nurse was a super strong townread of mine so i'm happy limming anix.
Fake claim, sure, fake claim with fake results and aggressively push the first wagon? Sounds like a really risky gambit that's unnecessary for scum to do.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

random gut reads: atsi scum, erinys town, piggy town
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:37 am

Post by atsi »

In post 167, AniX wrote: I actually forgot my role is a must and not a may so I didn't submit since the role is a little tricky to play wincon-wise (from my current wincon, it doesn't make sense for me to random choose people, since one could be a demon which is bad for my current wincon, even if my wincon changes immediately, I am making the initial choice as a townie). Enchant just had my role do nothing, which technically shouldn't be allowed since, again, must not may, but I suppose it can be coded as just a self-target.
This makes no sense. Randomly checking someone is much better than doing nothing since 6 times out of 7 you gain very valuable info.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:40 am

Post by AniX »

In post 171, atsi wrote:
In post 167, AniX wrote: I actually forgot my role is a must and not a may so I didn't submit since the role is a little tricky to play wincon-wise (from my current wincon, it doesn't make sense for me to random choose people, since one could be a demon which is bad for my current wincon, even if my wincon changes immediately, I am making the initial choice as a townie). Enchant just had my role do nothing, which technically shouldn't be allowed since, again, must not may, but I suppose it can be coded as just a self-target.
This makes no sense. Randomly checking someone is much better than doing nothing since 6 times out of 7 you gain very valuable info.
And 1 times out of 7 I completely switch alignments and never reveal that info to town. I am very risk-adverse when it comes to Snake Charmer.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:42 am

Post by atsi »

You don't want to be demon that badly that you'd rather just be a vt?
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:46 am

Post by atsi »

VOTE: AniX

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”