Mini Theme 2312| Blood on the Clocktower: Sects & Violets | Village are Doomed!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:46 am

Post by AniX »

I think my wincon requires me to practice more care in taking that risk such that I don't make choices based on a whim, which is what a n1 choice would have been.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

why is swapping alignments so bad for town? the person who was previously a demon can claim, so we know what happened right? and yeah they get poisoned, but if you're not going to use your ability anyway that doesn't seem like a big deal.

this is a strange claim to make as scum, but it's also strange as town, so.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:54 am

Post by AniX »

An awkwardness in converting BotC to Mafia is the increased wincon burden. BotC is not designed to be played competitively in the way we do Mafia and as such, while you obviously aren't supposed to deliberately sabotage your team, playing Snake Charmer as a sort of "I am going to play this neutral because at any time I could switch teams" is a valid playstyle. The rules of competitive mafia, and particularly the rules of the site, make that sort of playstyle a bit murkier. I am currently town. Me converting to Demon does not help town, which I am obligated to help to the fullest of my ability right now.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:56 am

Post by AniX »

Well, once the Demon reveals himself, I have a different wincon and I wouldn't want that to happen. Snake Charmer is not really a role I would put in this game because it puts me in a weird position where anything I do will produce results that will hurt my wincon when that result happens, but it is in the game, I have the role, and I have to navigate how it interacts with wincon requirements.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:56 am

Post by atsi »

In post 175, AniX wrote: I think my wincon requires me to practice more care in taking that risk such that I don't make choices based on a whim, which is what a n1 choice would have been.
That seems like a very anti-town thing to do, assuming you're telling the truth. You even mentioned yourself how important information is in this game..
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:59 am

Post by AniX »

It hurts the town because all information, reads, etc. go out the window because two alignments just flipped. The game moves to everyone suspecting everyone else. A flipped Snake Charmer produces chaos and just by process of elimination tends to happen later in the game and thus produces more chaos. The town is better served by me being a vanilla townie than someone who explodes the town on a 1/7, then 1/6, then 1/5, etc. etc.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:59 am

Post by AniX »

Yes, information is important, which is why it is just that much more important to not turn the entire information circle upside down in latestage game.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:01 am

Post by atsi »

No, it doesn't "explode the town." Like Infinity just pointed out, it's obvious when it happens because the previous demon is always gonna claim.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:02 am

Post by AniX »

I'm not really sure what you are trying to prove here though. I am telling people to vote me, you are already voting me, I am voting for myself, there is no role in the game that triggers ill effects if an evil player dies by execution. There isn't really much value in debating whether you would play the role in a different way than I am.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:04 am

Post by AniX »

Like if you think I'm lying about being Snake Charmer, we should be killing me. If you think I am actually the Snake Charmer, we should still be killing me.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 178, AniX wrote: Well, once the Demon reveals himself, I have a different wincon and I wouldn't want that to happen.
so? i don't get what you're saying here, if you're just playing to the town wincon while you have a town role, swapping alignments isn't a disaster and the risk seems well well worth it. if you're playing to try to win the game, which is probably what i would do, it's even less bad to swap alignments because you're just playing a normal game as scum with town down 1 pr.

if we're agreeing to lim anix here, we can try to maximize flowergirl and town crier. though i'm not sure if you can actually vote without nominating? that would make things more complicated
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:06 am

Post by atsi »

In post 184, AniX wrote: Like if you think I'm lying about being Snake Charmer, we should be killing me. If you think I am actually the Snake Charmer, we should still be killing me.
True, but I would still like to get a better idea of which alignment you are to help solve the overall game rather than just the question of who gets executed today.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:07 am

Post by AniX »

It explodes the town by rendering all previous information potentially moot because an alignment/role shift has occurred. Flower Girls and Two Crier math no longer works, Clockmakers are irrelevant, Dreamers/Seamstresses have to start over/lose out if they are dead, Savants don't know if what they were told still is accurate, Artists might lose any value from their question depending on what they asked...
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:08 am

Post by AniX »

In post 185, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 178, AniX wrote: Well, once the Demon reveals himself, I have a different wincon and I wouldn't want that to happen.
so? i don't get what you're saying here, if you're just playing to the town wincon while you have a town role, swapping alignments isn't a disaster and the risk seems well well worth it. if you're playing to try to win the game, which is probably what i would do, it's even less bad to swap alignments because you're just playing a normal game as scum with town down 1 pr.

if we're agreeing to lim anix here, we can try to maximize flowergirl and town crier. though i'm not sure if you can actually vote without nominating? that would make things more complicated
You can vote freely for anyone already currently nominated (which is just me), just remember you cannot remove your vote once cast. Or you can use your one nomination of the day to nominate someone new.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 184, AniX wrote: If you think I am actually the Snake Charmer, we should still be killing me.
why?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

so we should probably have 2 more people vote and 3 more people nominate, ideally split between the voters and nonvoters yeah?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

having to open up the limpool to people we've previously cleared based on mech does seem pretty bad yeah
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:15 am

Post by atsi »

In post 190, Infinity 324 wrote: so we should probably have 2 more people vote and 3 more people nominate, ideally split between the voters and nonvoters yeah?
Yeah, 5 votes on AniX seems best. Not sure about nominating since there could be a witch.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

mm yeah maybe we could have people we consider scummy nominate? not sure who that is even
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:23 am

Post by atsi »

In post 187, AniX wrote: It explodes the town by rendering all previous information potentially moot because an alignment/role shift has occurred. Flower Girls and Two Crier math no longer works, Clockmakers are irrelevant, Dreamers/Seamstresses have to start over/lose out if they are dead, Savants don't know if what they were told still is accurate, Artists might lose any value from their question depending on what they asked...
You realize most of those examples only work after the first night has already taken place? Flowergirl and town crier are N2+, and Savant and Artist happen during the day. Those shouldn't have factored into your decision on using your ability on the first night.
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:23 am

Post by atsi »

In post 193, Infinity 324 wrote: mm yeah maybe we could have people we consider scummy nominate? not sure who that is even
Well, we got like 5 more irl days to scumhunt for them!
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:26 am

Post by atsi »

AniX is most likely minion and not demon in my mind (if they are demon, I guess we'll find out) so I guess town crier is really only useful in the worst-case scenario where AniX is a mislim. But it's probably still worth it I think.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:42 am

Post by AniX »

Is it your view a Minion would immediately encourage themselves to be executed when there are a number of still in play ways to discredit Nurse? If I was actually a minion, I'd have liked to have thought I'd have just stopped in my "well, not a tiny chance, here's why". What benefit does Minion-me derive from dying right now?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 189, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 184, AniX wrote: If you think I am actually the Snake Charmer, we should still be killing me.
why?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:13 am

Post by AniX »

Because an open Snake Charmer is a town distraction, the town will never fully trust me because every day could be a possible flip AND I have an open guilty result on me that is yet unexplained. It is better to eliminate me now, remove the distraction, and move on, especially when there doesn't seem to be much other information to go on.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”