patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:54 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 77, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 76, patchwork wrote: wait, so are you saying that because i took merlyn's joke seriously im scum or what :skull:
Well, I was pointing out how your confidence in her intentions being towny was unordinary and felt a little like TMI.
Don't worry, pointing out one towny think there one wolfy thing here doesn't mean I'm calling people wolves and towns. Yet.
i literally never said it was towny i just said it wasn't pocketing :skull: in fact i think it's weird that YOU jumped to accuse her of pocketing
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 59, patchwork wrote:
In post 57, Nuclear Gandhi wrote: Drew, Merlyn is trying to pocket you, trust me. You and me. We're both in this together!
homie... that is called a meta read
yeah uh i don't see it
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 79, Skygazer wrote: wanted to note real quick that in theory we could use the trustfalls as personalized hammer tests (from the proposers POV). and then we can chain trustfalls if we reveal townies and know their proposees must be town

thats probably not the best idea but eh
hi, sky! i think we probably could but i'm more fond of klick's idea of systematically townhunting
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 94, Klick wrote: You might be surprised to hear that this isn't the first time I've heard this
I'm not surprised at all :lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:02 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

In post 100, patchwork wrote:
In post 76, patchwork wrote: wait, so are you saying that because i took merlyn's joke seriously im scum or what :skull:
Well, I was pointing out how your confidence in her intentions being towny was unordinary and felt a little like TMI.
Don't worry, pointing out one towny think there one wolfy thing here doesn't mean I'm calling people wolves and towns. Yet.
i literally never said it was towny i just said it wasn't pocketing :skull: in fact i think it's weird that YOU jumped to accuse her of pocketing
That post of mine, the one addressed to Drew, was mostly joking; with a hint of hope to get a weird reaction from someone.
In post 57, Nuclear Gandhi wrote: Drew, Merlyn is trying to pocket you, trust me. You and me. We're both in this together!

Which I guess it succeeded in? Don't fret. As I said, all it was was me seeing a strange looking post and pointing out what I find strange about it. I'm not calling you Mafia.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Black »

In post 99, Nuclear Gandhi wrote: Imagining we having consensus 2 townreads, I rather they stayed in the game till the end than go out early.
The closer to the end the harder to make the right choice - so I rather have consensus townies guiding my choices, or at least have someone to talked them out with that I trust.

I don't feel like that scenario is likely though.
This is interesting. I can see arguments for both. I e perk of getting the two towniest people out is we can fully confirm they are town and will then be able to use everything they've posted as guidance
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 98, Doctor Drew wrote: I like Klicks idea better of coming with up with a consensus town read(or reads). Start with the top 2 strongest consensus town reads, and then move down the list. I will have the boys in the lab run some experiments, accounting will check the math, but I feel like odds wise it should be in towns favor.
In post 99, Nuclear Gandhi wrote: Imagining we having consensus 2 townreads, I rather they stayed in the game till the end than go out early.
The closer to the end the harder to make the right choice - so I rather have consensus townies guiding my choices, or at least have someone to talked them out with that I trust.

I don't feel like that scenario is likely though.
I was going to say that this sounds like a version of the klick strategy and then I realized it probably is

in the orginal klick strategy, this is meant to be done at lilo but maybe that's just because it's meant to be employed as a last ditch effort when no scum has been caught and theres not a lot of info to go on, but maybe it makes sense to do it here bc there's never going to be any flip info to go off of.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Black »

That should read "One perk"
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:06 am

Post by Klick »

I'm of the opinion that this is the ideal way to play Mafia, period, and this setup just further incentivises it :P
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:06 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 104, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 100, patchwork wrote:
That post of mine, the one addressed to Drew, was mostly joking; with a hint of hope to get a weird reaction from someone.

Which I guess it succeeded in? Don't fret. As I said, all it was was me seeing a strange looking post and pointing out what I find strange about it. I'm not calling you Mafia.
OH I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT MERLYN JOKING im such a dumbass
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Black »

I'm in love with this setup

I trust petapan
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

In post 101, patchwork wrote:
yeah uh i don't see it
You're quoting wrong post fwiw.
I didn't see nor understand that post either, which is why I said "sry I don't follow".
The post I was refering to was #63

Seriously though, I feel like you're making a too big deal out of a "this feels wrong" comment by me.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 95, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 84, Skygazer wrote: I mean, at the very least we could use the strat on people we were gonna trustfall anyways, so we can conftown them but still keep them around a bit
If I was Mafia and someone "confirmed" me town by trusting me, I'd use it as a leverage to try and get a good towny out of the game with me so that it's easier for my ally :twisted:
We better agree to not pile up trusts on "conftowns" just in case :shifty:
good point actually, hammer testing wont conftown anyone unless one scum gets in
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:17 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 111, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 101, patchwork wrote:
yeah uh i don't see it
You're quoting wrong post fwiw.
I didn't see nor understand that post either, which is why I said "sry I don't follow".
The post I was refering to was #63

Seriously though, I feel like you're making a too big deal out of a "this feels wrong" comment by me.
well, that's precisely the objective here. good job you passed my reaction test, would you like to continue this line of questioning anyways?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:20 am

Post by patchwork »

tbh i think towniest people so far are klick: kind of generally pro-town, promoting discussion, setup-related talk. that aside, they're just vibing well with me. nuclear gandhi sounds cool too, i think they're actively contributing and sparking discussion. thankfully i can rule them as hesitantly towny now even though i was skeptical of their past posts (particularly the ones where they were like "haha guys im not scum!!! trust me"). i like skys vibes, it reminds me of how they were like when we played together last
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Everyone channeling their inner Ranger and constantly posting reads lists would probably be good, I think Black mentioned using the reads of a conf town who has fallen is a good tool, and constant reads lists would be good to see exactly how their brain is working.

Who the fuck let this version of Drew in the game? Am I actually trying to mech solve the game??

Eww
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:21 am

Post by patchwork »

wait i found how did u fidn that scummy :skull:
you said you didn't follow meaning you didn't understand so i elaborated what a meta read meant
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Black »

In post 115, Doctor Drew wrote: Everyone channeling their inner Ranger and constantly posting reads lists would probably be good, I think Black mentioned using the reads of a conf town who has fallen is a good tool, and constant reads lists would be good to see exactly how their brain is working.

Who the fuck let this version of Drew in the game? Am I actually trying to mech solve the game??

Eww
Hmmm. Constantly posting updated readslist probably helps scum more than town I want to say? But I haven't really thought through it completely. I think scum knowing where everyone stands at all times let's them plan out who they can try to trust fall with. Or am I overthinking?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 117, Black wrote:
In post 115, Doctor Drew wrote: Everyone channeling their inner Ranger and constantly posting reads lists would probably be good, I think Black mentioned using the reads of a conf town who has fallen is a good tool, and constant reads lists would be good to see exactly how their brain is working.

Eww
Hmmm. Constantly posting updated readslist probably helps scum more than town I want to say? But I haven't really thought through it completely. I think scum knowing where everyone stands at all times let's them plan out who they can try to trust fall with. Or am I overthinking?
Maybe, I am kinda just spit balling ideas here. But in that scenario scum would have to be a consensus town read for someone else to accept to fall with them. And in lieu of an actual list, just being as transparent as possible with reads seems to help town as a whole, I would think.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Black »

Yeah I agree with you about the transparency, so I suppose you're right
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 22, Klick wrote:
In post 12, Malakittens wrote:
I trust black

Always trust my fellow umbreon.
Boo that's what I was going to do
sucks to be you suckerrrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :P :P :P
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 25, Black wrote:
In post 22, Klick wrote:
In post 12, Malakittens wrote:
I trust black

Always trust my fellow umbreon.
Boo that's what I was going to do
There's enough of me to go around :wink:
No, I don't share well. I get jealous very easily. Either you are committed or you aren't.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 40, Merlyn wrote: If we're gonna go by meta, we should all want to fall with Alianna who has not rolled scum since Obama was president
LMAFOOOOOO

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Is it weird that I am town reading mala?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 123, Doctor Drew wrote: Is it weird that I am town reading mala?
I dunno, what about her posts make her seem town to you?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”