Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:15 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 384, Dannflor wrote: i feel like they both played around me / generic / black in a way that feels like... they just wanted to facilitate what was already happening

I think T3 feels better because he takes a much harder stance

Dunnstral doesn't really say much besides commentating the fight and throwing shade on the lurky slots in

and iavh just says its svt but doesn't know in which direction in which is like... idk that doesn't feel super real to me
i actually kind of like this and agree. i didn't actually talk about iavh much because there's not as much to say compared to dannflor but the 'svt' thing also felt off to me and he's done like nothing towny the entire game. dunnstral's reads aren't unbelievable, there's no reason he can't flip town here but idk the black -> t3 thing just feels very easy

i think t3's posting feels scummy on some level but i'm not sure he actually flips scum here. i would compare it to how i felt about cakez in the swinger dance game
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:16 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 388, Dannflor wrote: I'm choosing to town read meowmeow here too
wow such a gentleman :lol:
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:22 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 391, Black wrote:
In post 372, meowmeow wrote:
In post 371, T3 wrote:
In post 318, Black wrote:
In post 307, T3 wrote: I don't think this game will ever progress without a black lim tbf
VOTE: T3

I don't think he is trying to solve the game. He voted for me on page 2 and since then almost every post has been a timely pop-in to keep the pressure on me. This post feels like an excuse to not do anything until I'm faded
Sure? I mean, I have reads on players that are not you but I haven't been particularly expressive of those reads. I understand where this read comes from though.
this feels like a townpost tbh
Why? I'm not seeing it and tbh I'm not sure why anyone is townreading T3 at this point
i mean, it just feels like a ??? direction to take as scum. in that position, he can double down on the 'tunnel black' thing, which i think is what most scum players would probably do there, or he can basically just ignore it and push other things if he doesn't want to look like he's omgussing you. if he's really worried, he can turn back and say he thinks you're being towny here. i don't really understand the angle of continuing to push you and being like 'i understand where the read comes from' - it just feels weird and messy in a way i associate more with town who have complex thoughts and aren't, like, trying to play a role
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:24 am

Post by meowmeow »

actually i guess t3's current position on black isn't super clear? it'd be cool if he explained the vote on dannflor but i think other people already said that. i assumed he kept scumreading black at that point since he wasn't switching his vote
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:25 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 394, T3 wrote: meowmeow gives Datisi or Ausuka vibes
i am an alt of ausuka
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by iamveryhappy »

o gz
iavh is slightly annoyed
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Ircher »

Day 1 VC #7
Abnegation
(1): iamveryhappy ()

Aureal
(1): Abnegation ()

Dannflor
(1): T3 ()

Dunnstral
(1): Dannflor ()

T3
(2): Black (), camelCasedSnivy ()

meowmeow
(1): Aureal ()

Not Voting
(2): Dunnstral (), meowmeow ()

With 9 alive, it takes five votes to fade a player.
DeadlinesThis phase will end on Sunday, October 1, 2023 7:00 PM CDT (GMT-5:00) or in (expired on 2023-10-01 19:00:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2: Let me know if you spot any errors in the vote count or voting history.
3: Let me know if you go by a different pronoun than listed.
4: meowmeow replaces CCGeek.

Pronoun Key1. camelCasedSnivy : he / him / his
2. T3 : he / him / his
3. Black : she / her / her
4. Aureal : she / her / her
5. Dunnstral : unspecified / unspecified / unspecified
6. Dannflor : he / him / his
7. meowmeow : any / any / any
8. iamveryhappy : he / him / his
9. Abnegation : she / her / her

Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

i dont understand why dann would not scumread me but scumread dunnstral

seems weird
master at being scum(my)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

you felt more uninformed

Idk i kinda liked your post where you were like

Wow idk what to do here i just had a slight town lean on Black

Idk you feel better for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on, but I just feel so much better about the way you’ve interacted with the game and found things to comment on, it feels way less agenday
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 349, meowmeow wrote: ok i have a question for everyone here

when you roll scum, on average, how guilty is your conscience
It is a game and we are just playing our parts. Playing as mafia makes it interesting for the other players.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 393, Dannflor wrote:
In post 324, Dunnstral wrote: UNVOTE: Black

The lack of omgus towards Dann and myself gives me pause, and I do think T3's stance here is strange at least.
i don't know much of dunnstral's posting feels like he's waiting to see which way the thread is going to go

I feel like town!Dunnstral would have a new target in mind here to put pressure on

I think the reason he's backing off of Black is weird because... Black was already OMGUSing Generic, it's not like she can realistically or believable OMGUS all the people pushing her. it just feels a bit made up as a reason to back off of black. I kinda just think Dunnstral would have a better reason here
I wasn't talking about Generic, I was talking about Black's read on you and myself.

And no, I don't have another target in mind.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I know, but would you realistically be expecting scum!Black to OMGUS Generic + one of us?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I just don’t follow why that gives you pause
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 342, Black wrote:
In post 340, T3 wrote:
In post 310, Dannflor wrote: you think aureal and black make sense as scum partners?
No. First there was Aureal and Black’s friendly interaction in the early pages which I don’t usually see come from scum. As far as I can tell, Black and Aureal know each other from another site or IRL or something and if they were scum also I doubt that they would have this interaction in the thread. In fact, I had an MS game a while ago in which I rolled scum with a guy I was friends with on another site and we kept all of our excitement at seeing each other in the scum PT.

As for Aureal’s defense of Black, I can’t see that coming from s/s either. I think the defense is scummy in of itself because Aureal claims that Black is towny and only posts the defense later. However, I doubt Aureal would be so aggressive about defending Black if they were both scum.

Plus in I would expect s/s Black/Aureal to townread each other more. But Black says that she can’t get much of a read on Aureal, and says that Aureal both pockets and defends her as town and scum. I can see that post coming from town!Black who is concerned about pocketing or scum!Black who wants to keep the option of a town!Aureal lim open.
What makes me scummier than Aureal?
I thought there was a much higher volume of scummy stuff coming from you
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by T3 »

Not at all tbh - I feel more guilty when I make an incorrect push as town lol
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 351, meowmeow wrote:
Spoiler:
i think black is town
i think aureal is town
i think generic/abnegation is town

i think dannflor is scum

i don't always get all of dannflor's pushes and i'm trying to keep that in mind, but feels almost comically exaggerated for such an early read. it feels less like genuine sorting and more like trying to bury black beneath a wall of text that people's eyes will glaze over and think "ok town lol"

if i have to pick things in particular i don't like about it, the vote thing seems really nitpicky - i really doubt timing of votes is alignment indicative in any way. dannflor later says to aureal "I don't scum read Black because "town Black should've thought about things better" but this is literally exactly what he is doing here - black didn't think to vote in the post where she originally scumreads ccg, and because of that she's scum because town would think to vote. and the idea that black pushing back against people who scumread her is scummy - this is a thing which like happens all the time, people push back against pushes on them they don't like. black in particular does it all the time. for an example from a game i finished yesterday, she pushes back on skitter's read here - i'm too lazy to get more but like it's a pattern of behaviour and not one that's exclusive to black. it feels like dannflor here is pushing back on things which are 'scummy' rather than things which are, like, actually scum indicative. also, he says "I "conveniently hopped on the wagon built by others"? Okay. What does this actually mean about my alignment? What makes it convenient that I joined a pre-existing wagon? Why would a town player not do this?". i don't think this is a genuine thought from dann - if he disagrees it's scummy he still
knows
people scumread opportunism, and don't like it when they feel like they're being piled on.

just in general i think it's kind of purposeful that he's creating these stretchy reasons to push black, and reads are never actually this strong this early in any case - this is page 5. the most likely reason for 124 that comes to my mind is - i might have already brought this up, but people townread cases and long posts. by just focusing on quantity in his push it's pretty easy for dannflor to get townread and seen as a 'solvey player' - this is the kind of read scum does make a lot but town also does it a lot

i also think there are several dannflor posts that just feel... kind of overly convenient for him. like when if black is town scum definitely aren't pushing her! or because of the claims we have to eliminate the person dannflor is pushing or someone who is probably the towniest player in the entire game.

i also think stuff like, black saying she's ok to die is stuff scum do all the time but town also do all the time. dannflor literally just saw me do this as town. like, to be fair, he also pushed it there, but i feel like town dann might thing something along the lines of "maybe town get a bit frustrated when they get pushed and sometimes say they are okay with dying"

i don't want to tunnel here but this is my starting point

VOTE: dannflor

pedit: i guess that's interesting. it was the first thing that stood out to me when reading through because like i have never felt any guilt at all when rolling scum ever. i know it's difficult to explain emotions but could you like, idk, elaborate on that guilt?
I really like this post and I think you’re probably correct. You’re exactly right that I just took a little glance at Dannflor’s wall, I thought “yeah, this makes sense” and while I did think that some of his points
were
a bit of a stretch I ultimately agreed with his read so I never bothered to comment on it or actually click all of his posts and follow them up to try to understand the context behind them.

I also didn’t like his IAVH scumread, again, it felt all too convenient. The Black wagon had stalled and instead of doing genuine sorting and scumhunting it seemed to me like Dannflor instead was just going through the motions to make it appear like he’s sorting. His questioning of me wasn’t scummy in of itself but scum can absolutely fake that, and it didn’t seem to me like he was actually using his questioning of me to sort me.

If I am scum, in this gamestate I absolutely want to make uncontroversial lurker scumreads and prevent meaningful discussion from happening, and that’s exactly what it seemed like Dannflor was doing.

NOTE: I had not read meowmeow’s above post before I voted Dannflor. I voted him over the IAVH stuff and then I went back and read pages 14/15 because I had missed them.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 367, Dannflor wrote:
In post 340, T3 wrote: snip
I guess I'm confused who you think is scum then

because aureal was in your second bottom row

is aureal like your scum pick only if Black flips town?
Yes. I haven’t taken a look at Black and Aureal’s associatives outside of each other.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 397, Black wrote: T3 can you answer ? Why vote Dann here instead of Aureal?
Recency bias tbh
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 403, meowmeow wrote: actually i guess t3's current position on black isn't super clear? it'd be cool if he explained the vote on dannflor but i think other people already said that. i assumed he kept scumreading black at that point since he wasn't switching his vote
My position on Black is that her earlier stuff was scummy, but her recent posting has been reasonably towny, especially in relation to me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by T3 »

Spoiler: random IAVH meta stuff

Mini Normal 2023 (town) IAVH shitposted a lot early in the game, but made genuine attempts to scumhunt primarily by coming up with strange tinfoil-y theories but also some legitimate scumreads in which you could tell that he was asking himself “why did X person do that?” he read everything hyper-seriously and struggled to understand when other people were joking.

Newbie 2128 (town) is also more of the same. Again, he’s clearly asking himself a lot of questions the entire time. In this game he reacted fairly well to pressure and he expressed strong contempt of the scumreads on him.

MBOS 15 (town) was the exact same as the game previous games. Although in this game IAVH was never actually scumread that much or had a chance to express many reads because he was killed by the mod very quickly.

Soon after going through these three games I realized that IAVH has never actually played a scum game on this site :shifty:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

Oh it's a kitty. I guess I can give her a chance to do something with the slot. VOTE: Dannflor

Why do you think I'm town? I wouldn't say I'm playing much like our previous game.

I think I'd have to be able to roll scum more than once within memory to have an 'average'. :? But yeah, to belabor the point, it was more 'cunning glee' than 'guilt' for the most part. Which I now try to attain as town with ridiculous sneaky plans when opportunities arise. :shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by Abnegation »

i don't feel guilty except over things i'd feel guilty about anyway. being scum doesn't weigh on my conscience, it's all part of the game. also devising evil plans is fun lol.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:42 pm

Post by Abnegation »

meowmeow makes me continue to townread her slot.

i like many of the points made in her case on dann in . the unvote is interesting though — meow definitely still had a case there, it was only that one piece that had been refuted. i think scum might be more inclined to keep voting there, or at least i would be as scum.
or actually, @meow - why did you consider dann's response there to be worth an unvote?
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 419, T3 wrote:
Spoiler: random IAVH meta stuff

Mini Normal 2023 (town) IAVH shitposted a lot early in the game, but made genuine attempts to scumhunt primarily by coming up with strange tinfoil-y theories but also some legitimate scumreads in which you could tell that he was asking himself “why did X person do that?” he read everything hyper-seriously and struggled to understand when other people were joking.

Newbie 2128 (town) is also more of the same. Again, he’s clearly asking himself a lot of questions the entire time. In this game he reacted fairly well to pressure and he expressed strong contempt of the scumreads on him.

MBOS 15 (town) was the exact same as the game previous games. Although in this game IAVH was never actually scumread that much or had a chance to express many reads because he was killed by the mod very quickly.

Soon after going through these three games I realized that IAVH has never actually played a scum game on this site :shifty:
viewtopic.php?t=91110
there's this one.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:08 pm

Post by Abnegation »

i am mostly caught up btw, just didn't bother with another post like the ones i was doing.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”