Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #361 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 353, Flower wrote: Aureal solve the game for us
What

Didn't T-Bone already do that? Is this a trick? :o

T-Bone, tell me whether you think this is a trick in the mason PT that we conjured up through sheer force of will. Because I wanna say RCE/ Klazam but it would be rude to step on your toes when you've already solved.

Anyway I am geriatric so I need to take my meds and maybe even try to read past page five. Maybe I'll even not go to sleep trying this time!

VOTE: Klazam
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Aureal »

Whee, page eight brought the fun!

Also what's this? :o
In post 227, RCEnigma wrote: Well tbf. I probably would have just hammered klazam and figured it out tomorrow. Think there was one more person that was active around the time and opted not to hammer so townpoint to them.

But maybe that makes klazam my partner actually… or that person could have been klazams partner.

Actually now that I’m on the topic I dunno why we’ve kinda blown past it and none of the voters followed up on what I would assume was a pressure wagon out of rvs.
Is this... Am I detecting an attempt to distance by claiming that RCE
would've
just hammered there for the heck of it, now that this is a safe thing to push since townies have been distracted with shiny town wagons? Why yes, I believe it is! It's so self conscious of that way in which RCE both made a flippant comment acting like hammering Klazam there was actually a good option (y'know, in case T-Bone actually does) and then immediately they start working to discredit the push.

Seriously, this whole "oh I think I'm going to be hammered" from Klazam around page five comes off as pretty fake. I don't see Not_Mafia here, the odds of a page five hammer not even 48 hours into the game over some vague suspicion are not high. It feels excessively worried like scum would likely feel here, knowing that they are scum and having that increase the feeling of pressure.

And the pushback on Merlyn's lack of vote likewise is not towny at all, in contrast to RCE's attempt to portray it as such. It comes off as an attempt to
look
unconcerned with the votes on him, but why should Klazam be so focused on a lack of voting him when there was already a large wagon on him? "Why
aren't
people voting me?" doesn't seem like the line of thought a townie is likely to have here, it seems like a way to discredit someone else and look like you're selflessly scum hunting. Merlyn hadn't expressed nearly enough suspicion to warrant such an early hammer; if she'd voted in the post he took issue with that would've been e-1 and shortly thereafter a hammer. See my sig for supporting material on the concept of people not wanting wagons hammered early. :P

I'll get caught up on the most recent pages later.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 366, Flower wrote: Drew's been consistently making a lot of sense this game, I'm not used to this
I'm gonna assume that this means you think Drew's post there made sense. Because it didn't, and that's been how you've acted this whole game. :o

Like really, what is this thought process of Drew's? Player replaces into game, sees their slot and another are the top wagons, reads some of game and comes up with different scumreads and figures the other wagon is town and so... A townie does what, exactly, here? Sit down to enjoy some tea and crumpets? :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 369, T-Bone wrote: Aureal I think RCE and Klazam are basically the same player this game. I find it difficult to see them paired together.
I just finished reading up, and kinda see what you mean about them being the same person. :lol:

I don't think this makes it
that
unlikely for them to be scum together. The RCE post I quoted earlier sounds like an acknowledgement of them being linked, like he wanted to get out ahead of anyone potentially accusing them of being partnered. So after that point they may as well play openly working together.

Though honestly with the way Drew is being here he's just increasing his partner equity with Klazam. But shhhhhhh that's not what I'm focusing on here! :shifty:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Aureal »

OK, you start by expanding on what you have a problem with in my entrance. I left you a big prompt to explain what you apparently think I
should
be doing instead but you didn't. :?

For that matter, what exactly did you mean by the "town tend to give slots like that a long rope" line? I think I might have misinterpreted what you were saying there.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 377, T-Bone wrote: The secret sauce is that Drew has partner equity with everyone including Garlic Bread no explanation needed.
Oh man, good point, I think Garlic Bread knows all our alignments. :eek:
In post 378, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 376, Aureal wrote: OK, you start by expanding on what you have a problem with in my entrance. I left you a big prompt to explain what you apparently think I
should
be doing instead but you didn't. :?

For that matter, what exactly did you mean by the "town tend to give slots like that a long rope" line? I think I might have misinterpreted what you were saying there.
Town tends to gives a long rope to a repp on a scum read slot, thought that was clear.
So you do mean giving my slot a long rope, then. That's what I eventually figured, but I was reading it at first as saying that as town I should be giving the slot I'm pushing a long rope.
You do what you you want, I said how I felt. Why would I tell you what to do, and why is that an issue to you?
Why would you tell me what to do? Because I asked you to tell me what you think I should do given those circumstances?
And why is that an issue? Because:
1) You seem to have a problem with what I'm doing but I do not understand why, because I do not understand what you think a less problematic approach would be
2) You seem to be trying to discredit my push by shading me for ???? reasons rather than engaging with the substance of my arguments
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 384, Flower wrote:
In post 370, Aureal wrote:
In post 366, Flower wrote: Drew's been consistently making a lot of sense this game, I'm not used to this
I'm gonna assume that this means you think Drew's post there made sense. Because it didn't, and that's been how you've acted this whole game. :o

Like really, what is this thought process of Drew's? Player replaces into game, sees their slot and another are the top wagons, reads some of game and comes up with different scumreads and figures the other wagon is town and so... A townie does what, exactly, here? Sit down to enjoy some tea and crumpets? :lol:
I don't think you're doing anything scummy it's just that Merlyn was pretty scummy and the instinct is to just give that a pass cause of the rep in
I didn't ask anyone for a pass. And Drew just said he wasn't scumreading Merlyn. So why's he suddenly concerned that other people might?

As far as your read on Merlyn goes, try imagining her posts coming from Black- does that change how you think of them? Having recently finally seen a whole town game from Merlyn, I think they have some commonalities; and after reading five pages of this game I had a read on her alignment and was not at all surprised to receive a town PM.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 388, RCEnigma wrote: Aureal I feel like you are setting me up here to take the fall regardless of klazams alignment and I’m not gonna lie, it’s not my jam.
How's that? If Klazam flipped town, obviously you're not scum partners. You could be scum white knighting a distressed townie I guess, but I don't see that I've said anything to that effect before this.

Great, now your preemptive defensiveness is making me consider that possibility. Thanks. :/
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 396, Save The Dragons wrote: and i don't really have anyone else i want to vote for so i guess i'll stay
Why do you even want to vote there anyway?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Aureal »

What's not funzies about other wagons?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm reading this yet again and I still just can't see it as a natural reaction.
In post 102, Klazam wrote: That was fast lol. Was curious to the reaction from flower.

I think I’m parking my vote there still.

It’s hard for me to read through this mix of jokey reasons and serious reasonings. TBone I think is town, yes probably is town.

Merlyn, I’m eh not sure on.
In post 103, Klazam wrote: Since I’m in hammer range, if anyone got questions or want me to give my opinions on whatever, ask away. I’ll try to watch the thread for the next few hours.
This is just playing it way too cool. It's a mix of jokey and serious reasonings that are hard to read, according to Klazam. In a townKlazam world, isn't this something that should be alarming, that day could end like this with what he knows to be a town miselimination and such a hard to read gamestate?
In post 108, Klazam wrote: Sure. I think it’s more an approach thing. Hard for me to substantiate it, but I like the confidence he had.

The lolhammer part, I get and think it’s mostly null, it’s page 5 after all, I don’t think that things like that is particularly surprising. In fact I’m surprised someone didn’t lolhammer yet. I probably would in someone else’s shoes.
And this. I just can't. He's
surprised
someone hasn't lolhammered?

Klazam, can you cite me some games you've seen where someone gets lolhammered in the first 48 hours of the game? While it's a thing that
could
happen, I simply cannot believe that you actually believe it to be the
most likely
thing to happen.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 406, Doctor Drew wrote: Aureal, I didn't really have an issue with the content of your case on RC/Klazam(though like Flower, I don't think trying to nail the team on D1 always makes me say hmm, guess part of my issue with Bone in retrospect). It wasn't even a huge thing that made me think you were scum, again it was the initial vibe I got after reading your post. And I wasn't really scum reading Merlyn, but also not really town reading her, if anything I was starting to mean scum with her last few posts before she repped out.

Ironically enough you have acted like Bone did when I voted them, though in a more coherent sense lol(not a dig Bone I promise).....so if I may completely contradict myself, doubt you two would be buddies.
I really can't parse what you're trying to say in the parentheses.

Can you explain what you were thinking when you 'threw down the pagetop' after T-Bone threatened to hammer Klazam if he got the pagetop?

In post 413, Klazam wrote: Also dont understand the thing about RCE and I being the same person.
You're basically making the same arguments/having the same mindset. T-Bone is saying scum wouldn't work in such similar manners, he expects them to try to differentiate themselves.

In post 417, yessiree wrote: TBone do you got anything other than your flower/drew scumread
When did it become Drew instead of you?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 421, yessiree wrote:
In post 419, Aureal wrote:
In post 417, yessiree wrote: TBone do you got anything other than your flower/drew scumread
When did it become Drew instead of you?
TBone's "solve" on flower and I was mainly drawn from how he felt flower's interaction with me is different comes to others
his scumread on me switched to Drew when Drew went after TBone for it

oddly enough now that you mention it, TBone didn't drop his flower sr :thinking:
I'm unclear whether T-Bone thinks Drew is scum or just hated the way Drew reacted to his solve. His line about Drew's partner equity being the same with everyone including the mods actually implies to me that he thinks Drew is town, though I'm not completely sure on that. T-Bone displayed a similar disdain for Alianna's support of Drew's reaction. I'm sure he doesn't think the scumteam is all four of you. But I'm not clear where exactly he's standing in regard to who's most likely scum at this point other than Flower being at the top of the list (whom he's scumread independently).
In post 423, Klazam wrote: Hm.

Might be a different time I guess. I’m pretty sure that did happen in smaller games when I played before. Long time ago and I could be horribly misremembering, meh.
I wanna point out that I joined the site five years before you did and I'm particularly grumpy at the idea of days ending in quick lolhammers. I can't speak to how the meta might have been from 2007-2022 though. :P
Also I think I have a different view on going to e-1 than others do- if I’m eliminated, I wanted to use that opportunity to get as much thoughts out from a conftown slot I could for future days. I do not want to say any more than that. If we wanna circle back to me being the elim for today, feel free, but yeah I’m pretty sure you’re scum aureal.
But why? Your argument on my slot being scum is basically that Merlyn...
didn't
lolhammer you? You're saying scum wouldn't do that because it would make them look scummy and they don't want that suspicion, right? But if lolhammers are so expected and normal, why would scum feel worried about doing so?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 425, Klazam wrote: Uh no.

The inital thing was for Merlyn tossing out drive by shade without actually figuring things out, then how they posted subsquently. Nothing about not hammering me.

Youre blowing up the importance of the quickwagon on me.
Drive by shade? What exactly are you talking about? From what I see, you took issue with her making an offhand reply expressing some suspicion of you, yessiree, and Flower but not voting you with that suspicion. Far as I can tell,
you're
blowing up the importance of the lack of vote. If it's not about the vote, what exactly is wrong with voicing some suspicion of people? That's sorta what people do when they play this game, which is about examining suspicions. :?
In post 428, Klazam wrote: Aur, Ali, Yes, are who voting for me now. If you vote me, that’s 4.

Isn’t it amusing that my two scum reads are going after me though?

Also bone is right,

VOTE: Flower

Back to #1
And what does that indicate to you? Can't say I'm impressed with Flower's play this game but I'm attributing it to the post limitations for now.

If you're town, I'm trying to find you still but I think there's just too wide a gulf in our expectations to sort it out with a looming deadline. Which is in 10 hours, not 6, not that that's a lot better. :neutral:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 433, Save The Dragons wrote: want to vote in {T-Bone, Aureal} now
I see you are playing to your town meta. :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 432, T-Bone wrote: My list is scum is in Flower/alianna/drew/yessiree. But the only two players I would connect as scum are Flower and yessiree, though it's a weak connection and not set in stone, I could see yessiree as town. If Alianna is scum then that almost necessitates Drew as town. I lean town on Aureal and Klaz. I am null or RCE and STD, if one of these two people are scum it's probably with a partner who isn't Flower.

You can just ask me rather than speculate! With that said the speculation makes me very comfortable with Aureal so if you're scum I am rather comfy in your pocket now.
Could you elaborate on your Klazam read? I think it's not impossible to shift me off him here, but I'm just not finding it. What are you seeing that I'm not?
In post 440, Save The Dragons wrote: Because I used set notation?

Also VOTE: aureal
Because you always suspect me. :P
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Aureal »

thinks about Klazam not reading the deadline right
realizes maybe he isn't realizing there's an auto-updating timer function
because it maybe didn't exist last he played?
checks game history, sees last game was five years ago
realizes she even responded to a thread he posted in about coming back to playing

derps

fuck it we ball

-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 445, Klazam wrote:
In post 442, Aureal wrote: thinks about Klazam not reading the deadline right
realizes she even responded to a thread he posted in about coming back to playing

derps

fuck it we ball

okay. Gotta ask. How does that change anything?
People are actually following the wagon I started, for reasons that mostly aren't even explained, AND THAT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE :o

I'm not saying you're off the hook or I won't go back to you (hey, people trying to talk to me about the things I asked about could help there!)

But this is something we could maybe talk about more given more time, I'm seeing that maybe your perspective just could be weird from not having played at all in years, and it feels bad to yeet the 'newbie' on day one. :neutral:
In post 446, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 442, Aureal wrote: thinks about Klazam not reading the deadline right

derps

fuck it we ball

Is this a callback to Normal Idea?

I would prefer staying on Bone, would go to Klazaam if no one wants Bone.

I keep going back and forth on Aureal.
Help, you have a functional memory

What is even going on
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 449, Flower wrote:
In post 438, Aureal wrote: Can't say I'm impressed with Flower's play this game but I'm attributing it to the post limitations for now.
Our play's normally impressive? That's news to me. And yeah we're already hitting the post limit every time we finish a posting spree, can't do our thing with this ruleset
I can usually find things I agree with you on or can see where you're coming from! Here it feels like you're just throwing out any ol' things, and they're ???? at best, and just downright opposite how I feel.

And you just triple posted there, where two posts were one liners. That isn't telling me you feel super constricted by the limitations. I'm trying to snag multiple posts in my replies more often because of it, and I'm
not
a hyper poster, I just don't want to end up pushing that limit and not be able to do stuff if it's warranted. (Heck I don't even want to get close enough that I have to start counting to make sure I'm not screwing up.)
In post 453, Flower wrote:
In post 452, Aureal wrote: People are actually following the wagon I started, for reasons that mostly aren't even explained, AND THAT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE :o
The explanation is people saw your case and went "makes sense" and sheeped
Yeah that, uh, isn't how this usually works for me. >.>
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Aureal »

Well that was fun. I gotta get Python to push my reads like this more often???? :o
In post 481, Klazam wrote: Any questions before night falls?
What even are your reads other than Flower and I are scum and T-Bone town? For someone who wanted to talk during the earlier wagon, you're sure not saying much to work with here. :?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 515, Alianna wrote:
In post 509, yessiree wrote: i dont know how i feel about Alianna dropping a vote without anything tangible other than "weird vibes"
i was going to townread that because it seemed a nonchalant scummy thing that only town would ever do
but alianna doesn't strike me as the carefree type given how conservative she was with her day 1 voting, but i never played with her before so anyone wanna refute that feel free
Mostly because I don't actually have anything tangible to scumread at the moment (which is not an uncommon position for me to be in). I don't remember if I've done anything like that or not before and don't really care to meta myself, but I figured "why not?" because it might at least start some discussion.
Well, the two of you had very similar trajectories at the end of day. You were more explicit about your reasoning than yessiree was (and I'm not sure what I think of that yet). And you both didn't make another appearance after voting Klazam until after the hammer.

Also I looked at that game yessiree linked and realized T-Bone was either referencing it here or just really likes calling people his mason partner. :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 526, RCEnigma wrote: VOTE: Aureal

I don’t think TBone being the primary option when there was a separate counterwagon to town in aureal is coincidence. Still on the TBone town train.
Yeah I don't quite follow you here either. I think T-Bone is town and that makes me quite perturbed at the game state. But when did you decide he's town?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

So you were trying to express something about what's happening today, not day one?

That didn't really answer the question about townreading T-Bone. I'm not seeing much in your ISO about it, you didn't seem too fussed about him being the largest wagon for a while there.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by Aureal »

Why are we even still talking about a possible strongman? We didn't flip scum on day one, so even if we assume the JK was still targeted at T-Bone, there's two people available to make the kill. There's very little information to be had here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Aureal »

Okay you guys had me going for a bit there. Don't think RCE gets two votes though. :P

I keep thinking about the Klazam wagon that formed after I suspected him and while I keep going :!: at Alianna forgetting her read on him, I'm just gonna have to figure that's at least as likely to be town as scum. Probably because she had other stuff to deal with in the interim and she lost track of what was going on. A good bit of other stuff feels reasonably likely to be from town.

So I'm gonna VOTE: yessiree. Drew isn't quite feeling all that towny but I would still prefer this. It doesn't feel likely scum would avoid the chance to run up another townie there.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

Imagine if the team is just yessiree and Drew. :shifty:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 594, Alianna wrote:
In post 579, Aureal wrote: Okay you guys had me going for a bit there. Don't think RCE gets two votes though. :P

I keep thinking about the Klazam wagon that formed after I suspected him and while I keep going :!: at Alianna forgetting her read on him, I'm just gonna have to figure that's at least as likely to be town as scum. Probably because she had other stuff to deal with in the interim and she lost track of what was going on. A good bit of other stuff feels reasonably likely to be from town.

So I'm gonna VOTE: yessiree. Drew isn't quite feeling all that towny but I would still prefer this. It doesn't feel likely scum would avoid the chance to run up another townie there.
I didn't forget, I changed my mind.
Or is there something else I didn't realize I forgot about?
You did realize that Klazam had been at E-1, you commented on it back at the time as being towny for him to act that way. Then when I came in and brought it back up as being excessively chill, you said that could change things.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 593, yessiree wrote:
In post 589, Aureal wrote: Imagine if the team is just yessiree and Drew. :shifty:
yup Im bumping Aureal outta my townread for this abomination of a read
Yes I'm sure you would neeeeever say such a thing. :wink:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

Well you did kinda hammer without even checking for a claim. (Not that T-Bone helped the situation.)
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 613, Doctor Drew wrote: If Yess is town, can this really just be Aureal/Bone?

Yess said I slipped, but they are being awfully presumptuous about how yess will flip.
Who's being presumptuous? I don't know what the flip is. I don't think you wouldn't hammer there even if you're scum partners. You voted what, one minute after he posted? That's not an appropriate amount of time if you care about a possible claim. It's more like something someone who doesn't care would do.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Aureal »

Darn it, that wasn't a guilty soft. But it was somehow a PR soft?? I confused. :(
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 622, T-Bone wrote: I don't want to lose to scum!STD so I'm likely to vote there out of that preference.
What are you thinking of Drew now though?
In post 627, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 623, Aureal wrote: Darn it, that wasn't a guilty soft. But it was somehow a PR soft?? I confused. :(
What are you referring to?
I can't say I've encountered it in the wild myself; but so far as I know, voting someone right at the start of day and leaving the vote there is a way to soft claim a guilty investigation result.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Aureal »

I considered it a possibility. If I'd been confident that it was I'd have voted there sooner, but I spent a few days mulling over whether I could trust Alianna's turnaround on Klazam. Then you guys did your fake hammer thing and I remembered that other people are impatient and I should just make a decision on whether to go with it or not, and did because I'd feel really bad if it had been a soft and I didn't even try to go for it.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Aureal »

I am so tempted to just go ball again and vote Drew. That's like the scummiest post I've ever seen from him. :mad:

Noooooooo
I am patient. I am patient. I am patient. I am patient.

grrrrrrffuugrrrryarrggggggfg
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by Aureal »

Voting scum is a great strategy, yes, glad you approve. At least you aren't trying to deny that that wasn't actually an honest question rather than a flat-out smear.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

Is "have you stopped beating your wife" an honest question too, Drew? :lol:

You literally just admitted it was 'calling me out' which is not really the position one takes when they expect an honest dialogue. You just stated a position about what I did like it was a fact- that's a logical fallacy called "begging the question" and it is quite scummy here. Nor did I find the tone to be coming from the town Drew I've played with, much like the rest of this game. You're being more serious and acting like you actually care about the result. It's hard to envision your town self writing a line like "Yes cause dropping a vote with two scum alive in melo is a great strategy." I expect you to be more like "oh yeah, lol well at least it won't be my fault if scum quickhammer"

...wait, you're talking to me like I'm town there. Trying to scare me off voting you. If you were town who thought I was scum, you wouldn't be bringing up there being two scum out there. Because there wouldn't be two besides me.

Well damn, looks I've finally seen your scum game. Guess it's time to poke around and try to figure out your partner.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Aureal »

72 prod timer kinda crazy

I'll be doing some rereading tonight
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Post by Aureal »

dat 81 hour prod timer :(

Look what I found guys, Flower is warning you that something is wrong with Drew this game. :lol:

VOTE: Doctor Drew
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

It's really hard to do anything in ELO when someone is just MIA, isn't it? :?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

The mod is actually two someones. :(
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #40) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 660, Save The Dragons wrote: not gonna vote drew at this time
Anyway, guess we need to talk about that. Are you still thinking, or do you just not want to vote there?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #41) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 671, Save The Dragons wrote: im still thinking
Do you agree with my reasoning in about Drew talking to me like he thinks I'm town?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Aureal »

It's not for sure yet that one of Drew/Aureal is scum though. Not until RCEnigma's slot shows reasonable activity. If I'm wrong and Drew's town then the lack of quick hammer means RCE is scum who fell off the face of the earth. Could well be that that's what'll happen soon after he or a replacement appears.

So there's no particular reason for Drew to have voted back if he isn't confident I'm scum. And he claims he wasn't confident back when he posted 640, but somehow became so afterwards? Based on what? What else happened after that? Nothing. Did he just decide by thinking deeply on the matter?
In post 679, T-Bone wrote: What are the odds, since one of Drew/Aureal is scum...that STD and I are both town? Ballpark it.
And who are you even addressing here? The absent RCE slot?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

Hi Snivy, vote Drew plz
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #44) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Aureal »

Well unless you're just waiting for your partner to come around to hammer, I
know
Drew is scum because if he were town the game would be over by now with my vote there all this time.

For a quick rundown, you can pretty much start with page 24 where Drew quickhammers the wagon yesterday; then when I talk about my thought process he makes a bad faith claim about how I'm trying to pass blame. Then talks like I'm town, but keeps acting to shade me. Also of note is Drew jumping on my entrance when I replaced in to cast weird shade at me.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 688, T-Bone wrote: You just made the argument to me that we don't know one of you/Drew is scum because Snivy's slot was absent but now you're arguing that you know Drew is scum to Snivy because we didn't quick hammer him? What?
BTW Snivy, here's your Drew partner for tomorrow. Can you imagine that T-Bone, a listmod, is actually confused by the concept that a vote being placed in ELO and left unhammered for a significant time is basically a guarantee that the vote is either by or on scum? I've been avoiding pushing the pairing to this point since I was thinking he might be willing to bus Drew and that'd make it easier here, but looks like he's going for the win right here trying to confuse you. Please note that these two are responsible for a speed-hammer already yesterday to get another wagon through instead of Drew, with a bit of light conversation in between the votes to make it look less obviously like a quickhammer.

Don't worry, you got this. You can trust in my ability to roll town, at the least. :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

Save the Dragons is just being same ol' town Save the Dragons. I have zero suspicion on him. Your slot and T-Bone was still a possibility for a while, but you two would've ended the game by now if it was. And I don't think your slot and Drew have much in the way of partner potential. I think Drew and T-Bone just like theater.

Note how T-Bone and Drew have been acting all this day phase. T-Bone literally called Drew confirmed scum for the hammer at the end of last day. And here he is now, talking
around
the subject. I directly asked him what he was thinking about Drew, and he sort-of responded to the question to vaguely re-state some tsk-tsking, but talking to Drew instead of me even though I was the one who'd asked. Which gave Drew the opportunity to be 'confused' and act like T-Bone was accusing
me
of the stuff even though that made no sense. It was quite silly really, and made more obviously awkward by my not even bothering to counter Drew's claim that I was ignoring T-Bone, since I'd decided Drew was almost certainly scum at that point.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

Like seriously, T-Bone supposedly set up Drew to potentially hammer his counterwagon for the information that would bring. Drew promptly hammered the counterwagon. And here T-Bone is, not caring about that information. Why? Because they just need
one
wrong town vote to win. They went from scumreading each other early on to just not caring. That's a scum trajectory- distance early and people will go "oh that T-Bone and Drew blowout means they can't be partners" but why not? That "OMG YOU HAMMERED ME" fakeout actually seems like a great way to interrupt a growing wagon on T-Bone, make them look un-partnered, and create enough confusion that the momentum is likely to shift. And soon afterwards, I replaced in and that gave Drew an opening to throw some shade at the counterwagon to T-Bone.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

Feels like your sudden character change is because you're trying to take advantage of Snivy replacing in. You know STD will vote for me, so it only takes Snivy's vote to end it. Curious.
STD is gonna vote for you when there's votes out on me and Drew already and a few hours to deadline? Is this typically how ELO goes, people cross-vote and then someone else goes "nah I don't want either, I wanna find the scum that's not being voted"?
Also nice how you spewed Snivy and STD town there. How can I "take advantage" of Snivy replacing in if he's my partner, as he almost would have to be in a world where you're town? You're not gonna seriously argue an Aureal/Drew team, are you? :lol: And if Snivy were my partner it'd be kinda silly for me to wait all this time to even look your way and spend my effort going after Drew instead.

pedit: ah well, I tried :? Sorry my reads were so bad this game everyone
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'll get you next time, Drew. I am forewarned now. :igmeou:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #50) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

Only if you count the multiball. Which is a hard sell since at least 95% of it was actually trying to hunt (other) scum. But I don't think I should be easy to meta-read even if I could actually roll scum sometimes since I play however the hell I feel like playing. :P
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #51) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:31 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 711, yessiree wrote: RCEnigma the deep wolf, I know he's a slippery one now

also acquired critical info on Drew's scum game :wink:

little disappointed in town's lackluster performance in the endgame
He played really well. I suspected him the whole time, but he's really good at anticipating that he's about to get pushed and kicking you in the back of the leg to stop you before you even start. I could actually see that was what he was doing here, when he voted me day two then unvoted, it literally did stop me from voting him. But the way he phrased it made me decide to leave him for later. And then when later came T-Bone just decided he didn't care about things anymore and wanted to vote obvtown STD?!? So I kinda had to figure him as the partner instead even though individually Drew and RCE were much scummier.

But meh, even if we got Drew here that's almost certainly still a loss the next day.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #52) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:38 am

Post by Aureal »

20 posts each day over 10 days means Flower didn't even crack half of the posts they could've made. Surprising, considering they complained about having to wait to post at least once. :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (isolation #53) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

And now all of your sig quotes are from games I was in. Obviously those are the most fun.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Aureal »

Drew, lol, it's not tunneling to know someone is scum when your vote sits on them forever in ELO and doesn't get hammered. Only way you were town there was if RCE was scum instead and once Snivy got in, that possibility fades. It's not a hard concept, I don't know why it was so difficult. :?
-furtiveglance

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”