Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 394, Merlyn wrote: oh, sorry, this one
In post 391, Merlyn wrote: THS, what about the conversation that just went on all day led you this way? Also, do you think Hero is town then or are they not correlated?
I buy her reasoning for not wanting to be in the coalition. Don't know how I feel about moving her to the town column. I was getting some weird vibes elsewhere in her ISO that I still can't quite account for.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I honestly am wondering now if Drew and Malakittens might be the solve. Take what I said about Drew in and then Drew's sudden push to be in the coalition on page 12. Then you have Malakitten's inactivity making them a fairly unlikely candidate for the coalition at this juncture. Anyone who is a scum partner with Malakittens would have to be pressed hard to make sure they're in the coalition or else the game is over.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 394, Merlyn wrote: oh, sorry, this one
In post 391, Merlyn wrote: THS, what about the conversation that just went on all day led you this way? Also, do you think Hero is town then or are they not correlated?
Well I just wanted Dats and me in the coalition, but didn't realize I already had four people in my vote......so went with guaranteed town instead of probably town.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 384, TheHoldSteady wrote: how willing are you to replace ari with merlyn
In post 377, Hero at Heart wrote: the above coalition is actually final.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

like am willing to hear your argument for it but right now i think you are scum so it would require some work to convince me

like can you at least not ignore the case i made on you?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 404, Hero at Heart wrote: like am willing to hear your argument for it but right now i think you are scum so it would require some serious arguments to convince me. but again i won't change my coalition unless one of the players in the coalition scumslips or something.

EBWOP
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 390, Merlyn wrote:
In post 377, Hero at Heart wrote: you know what? i am done. i am done with this meta discussion, i am done with discussing my tr of datisi, and i am done with this silly 1v1 with ari. it's not fun and it's not helping town win.

so here's what we're going to do instead. i am going to propose a coalition, and ari - please sheep it eliminate me if it fails. you have my solemn promise i won't push you (but i will be looking for scum). here's my coalition:
HEAL: ari, datisi, hero, implo, bella

i'd rather tell ari "i told you" in the postgame after we won than continue this stupid, unfun argument. or i guess if she's scum i can tell her "gg wp you tricked us all". but i don't think she's scum.

the above coalition is actually final*.

*barring extreme shenanigans like datisi claiming scum or some crazy, game changing scumslip.
I would support you or ari, but not both. Sub out drew or myself for yourself or for ari and I will go along with this.
explain.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 391, Merlyn wrote:
In post 388, TheHoldSteady wrote: yuck. i think ari is scum.

HEAL: Bellaphant

there, there's my coalition.
THS, what about the conversation that just went on all day led you this way? Also, do you think Hero is town then or are they not correlated?
i'll be frank, i think this is a scumpost

this doesn't sound like a townie thought process right after merlyn's previous post
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

okay nvm my reading comprehebsion sucks, i thought she was insinuating ari was scum but she actually replied to a post calling ari scum
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 383, Bellaphant wrote: I do t think I'm sr you, although I am more hesitant than I was. The alt thing has bothered me a fair bit, which may not be fair but is true. Also, I felt like your slot was low key becoming controversial, and I'd rather people agreed on a coalition quickly, as I feel that we get more info if we are wrong after we have...more info.

I'm tired
lol fair

i also think we should agree on a coalition quickly. i think the coalition i suggested is the same one datisi suggested? so you are welcome to vote for it.

and idk, sure my slot is controversial but right now the main person pushing me has decided to tr me and anyways you should decide whether or not you tr me regardless of whether or not it's controversial. it's not actually possible that all players in the game will be in favor of a pure town coalition, because the mafia loses if they let that happen, so there's always going to be a controversy.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Votecount 1.5

It is currently the Coalition Phase. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to confirm a coalition. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-10-11 13:11:19).

Coalition Votes
Aristeia, Bellaphant, Datisi, Hero at Heart, implosion (2)
- Hero at Heart, Aristeia
Bellaphant, Doctor Drew, Hero at Heart, implosion, Merlyn (1)
- Doctor Drew
Bellaphant, Datisi, Hero At Heart, implosion, Merlyn (1)
- TheHoldSteady

Datisi
- Bellaphant
Bellaphant, Datisi, Hero at Heart, implosion
- Datisi
Datisi, Doctor Drew, implosion, Merlyn
- Merlyn

Not Voting (2)
- implosion, Malakittens

Elimination Votes
TheHoldSteady (2)
- Datisi, Hero at Heart
Aristeia (1)
- Bellaphant
Hero at Heart (1)
- TheHoldSteady

Not Voting (5)
- Aristeia, Doctor Drew, implosion, Malakittens, Merlyn

FlavourImage
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:55 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

is that a strawberry frog? noice
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:25 am

Post by Malakittens »

NGL
I don't even know why I play coalition games bc I'm always out of the coalition

but i dont want to vote for a coal with ari or dats in it.

id be ok with any of them, but those players
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 409, Hero at Heart wrote: i also think we should agree on a coalition quickly.
Why?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Merlyn »

I guess I should clarify, I'm asking if the same reason as Bella?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

lol i think this is more or less what bella meant, but i feel like right now most of the discussion is noise and not a lot of productive solving is happening, and i know i am not changing my coalition vote today, so i'd rather just end the game now. and if it doesn't end (which i really doubt) then at least we have info and can go into more meaningful discussion or whatever, or you can lim me and i will be able to pretend that town losing to scum!datisi isn't my fault (or if ari is scum she's the Day 2 lim after i flip green D1, and then i'm happy to trade a misyeet for a correct yeet and leave town in the capable hands of datisi (assuming he somehow survives two night phases lol))

but as i said what's much more likely is that we just win with this coalition which is why i don't see a point continuing the discussion instead of just locking in this coalition.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 412, Malakittens wrote: NGL
I don't even know why I play coalition games bc I'm always out of the coalition

but i dont want to vote for a coal with ari or dats in it.

id be ok with any of them, but those players
are you saying that because of previous games with them or because of rrads from this game? i didn't fully understand
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:00 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 377, Hero at Heart wrote: you know what? i am done. i am done with this meta discussion, i am done with discussing my tr of datisi, and i am done with this silly 1v1 with ari. it's not fun and it's not helping town win.

so here's what we're going to do instead. i am going to propose a coalition, and ari - please sheep it eliminate me if it fails. you have my solemn promise i won't push you (but i will be looking for scum). here's my coalition:

i'd rather tell ari "i told you" in the postgame after we won than continue this stupid, unfun argument. or i guess if she's scum i can tell her "gg wp you tricked us all". but i don't think she's scum.

*barring extreme shenanigans like datisi claiming scum or some crazy, game changing scumslip.
I would support you or ari, but not both. Sub out drew or myself for yourself or for ari and I will go along with this.
why do you tr drew
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:02 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 404, Hero at Heart wrote: like am willing to hear your argument for it but right now i think you are scum so it would require some work to convince me

not that confident to lead the initiative, especially after I reread your ari conversation more closely
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:09 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

plus merlyns response to ari could easily be her as scum trying to insert herself into a coal so the game isn't lost for her. I think I agree it's time to fill the coal and if the game doesn't end then go from there
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 417, TheHoldSteady wrote:

why do you tr drew
Meta mostly. I don't feel like scum Drew gets annoyed or irritated like he did with implo here. I could be wrong but I feel worse about Hero and Ari
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 419, TheHoldSteady wrote: plus merlyns response to ari could easily be her as scum trying to insert herself into a coal so the game isn't lost for her. I think I agree it's time to fill the coal and if the game doesn't end then go from there
Yeah, and your response here could be you setting up suspicion on me for a future lim. We can go down the wifom rabbit hole for a while
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Can we agree that Merlyn and THS are not buddies?

Conversely is this theater?

I am going back and forth tbh.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:36 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

i think it might be theater

especially cause earlier THS wanted me to put merlyn in the coalition instead of ari but didn't offer himself
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:37 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

merlyn i don't think you explained the "i would support you or ari but not both" thing yet, can you please explain that?

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”