Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:40 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 946, Black wrote:
In post 945, Aureal wrote: Or am I the only one who tries to think about gamestate like this?
I don't think I put enough brainpower into the game to think of it this way
But you post so much more than I do. :o

BTW can you elaborate on why you think Snivy is town? He's really kinda frustrating me right now with his like, total disregard for explaining most anything about his pov.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 944, Black wrote:
In post 934, Abnegation wrote: do you think there's a benefit to scum!me in hammering the wagon myself instead of allowing t3 to do it?
Nah, the hammer itself didn't ping me as much as the reasoning behind it. Or lack thereof really. It felt like you jumped from Dann to T3 to Dunn and it didn't really seem like you cared which of the 3 were faded. I guess I would expect town!you to differentiate between the 3 and determine which is the scummiest instead of just going with the flow and wherever the wagons led you
Also, I do feel like while this isn't great in a vacuum, this attitude is possibly town indicative for Alianna at this point. I just finished a game with her and she wasn't seeming terribly motivated there either. Whereas I feel like if she got a Mafia role she'd be more likely to go "yeah!!! Curse is over!!!" and put in more effort. :shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: ccs
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Black »

In post 950, Aureal wrote:
In post 945, Aureal wrote: Or am I the only one who tries to think about gamestate like this?

BTW can you elaborate on why you think Snivy is town? He's really kinda frustrating me right now with his like, total disregard for explaining most anything about his pov.
I like the social aspect of the game but trying to figure out why people do what they do is hard

I'm not really confident in my Snivy read. I think his posts just give me townie vibes in the way that there doesn't really seem to be scummy motives there. Like what's the point of pocketing iavh? I feel like that doesn't benefit scum!Snivy as much as pushing him would. I think some of his posts seem a little too carefree like it could be an act but I'm not willing to believe that yet
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 951, Aureal wrote:
In post 934, Abnegation wrote: do you think there's a benefit to scum!me in hammering the wagon myself instead of allowing t3 to do it?
Nah, the hammer itself didn't ping me as much as the reasoning behind it. Or lack thereof really. It felt like you jumped from Dann to T3 to Dunn and it didn't really seem like you cared which of the 3 were faded. I guess I would expect town!you to differentiate between the 3 and determine which is the scummiest instead of just going with the flow and wherever the wagons led you
Also, I do feel like while this isn't great in a vacuum, this attitude is possibly town indicative for Alianna at this point. I just finished a game with her and she wasn't seeming terribly motivated there either. Whereas I feel like if she got a Mafia role she'd be more likely to go "yeah!!! Curse is over!!!" and put in more effort. :shifty:
Hmmm. This is possible. I'll take a look at that game tomorrow morning
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Ircher »

Day 2 VC #3
Abnegation
(1): Black ()

Aureal
(1): camelCasedSnivy ()

camelCasedSnivy (3) (F-1): Aureal (), meowmeow (), Dannflor ()

Not Voting
(2): Abnegation, iamveryhappy

With seven alive, it takes four votes to fade a player.
DeadlinesThis phase will end on Thursday, October 12, 2023 5:30 PM CDT (GMT-5:00) or in (expired on 2023-10-12 17:30:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2: Let me know if you spot any errors in the vote count or voting history.
3: Let me know if you go by a different pronoun than listed.
4: The moderator is V/LA from October 9 to October 11.

Pronoun Key1. camelCasedSnivy : he / him / his
3. Black : she / her / her
4. Aureal : she / her / her
6. Dannflor : he / him / his
7. meowmeow : any / any / any
8. iamveryhappy : he / him / his
9. Abnegation : she / her / her

Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 937, Dannflor wrote:
In post 936, Abnegation wrote: i need to consider the world where snivy/iavh are town and someone is playing me.
what triggered this thought
i think i'm coming around on snivy!town and it is worth it to me to consider that he may also be right on his townread.
his posting today does feel ??? but it's drawing a lot of attention for little reason if he's scum.
there are reasons to post the setup stuff as scum (rolefishing, trying to fake a slip, maybe actually roleblocker and too careless to make sure he's not tmi-ing), but none of them are all that compelling when i really think about it.
and like, does scum really respond to with "im omgussing"?
it's a similar line of thought to what you said in but i didn't realize it until yesterday.

probably isn't black/aureal or black/dann in that case (or in any case really).
stuff like , , and so on feels more pockety than paired if aureal is scum.
and then there's .
In post 953, Black wrote:

I like the social aspect of the game but trying to figure out why people do what they do is hard

I'm not really confident in my Snivy read. I think his posts just give me townie vibes in the way that there doesn't really seem to be scummy motives there. Like what's the point of pocketing iavh? I feel like that doesn't benefit scum!Snivy as much as pushing him would. I think some of his posts seem a little too carefree like it could be an act but I'm not willing to believe that yet
snivy townread is also this except black did a better job of explaining it than i would.
In post 939, Dannflor wrote: eh

I think the initial setup posts to enter today look scummy but I see town making outrageous posts like that a lot

Rereading though, I don’t love the following reaction to being pushed for these posts. The reaction feels a little like being caught for the wrong reasons
what about it makes you think "caught for the wrong reasons?"
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by Abnegation »

it was all blending together in my head, especially after i shifted on dann.
In post 945, Aureal wrote:
In post 927, meowmeow wrote: to be clear my point was specifically that i don't think snivy behaves like that as scum with exactly happy

as scum with anyone else it doesn't apply
OK, I guess we're all confused because it seemed like you were talking about a world where iamveryhappy is town. So whatever, then.

Did anyone have any thoughts on my thought experiment?
In post 920, Aureal wrote:
In post 895, meowmeow wrote: maybe i should think happy is town if i don't think he's scum with dannflor or snivy. shrug.
Thought experiment I've been mulling over: if happy is town, that means both Mafia were on the Dunnstral elimination. Why would they both get on that?
Or am I the only one who tries to think about gamestate like this?
i don't think 2 scum on the wagon is that weird of an idea.
in fact, i wonder if there's 2 scum on the snivy wagon right now...
(i will feel kind of stupid if my townread there is wrong but also i don't like that he's at e-1)
In post 954, Black wrote:
Hmmm. This is possible. I'll take a look at that game tomorrow morning
game link here if you need it.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by Abnegation »

was going to investigate more into my (tinfoil?) theory but i have to sleep, hopefully will be able to post more tomorrow.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:23 am

Post by Black »

Abnegation could be town. I was able to look over the game and I find similarities in tone and productivity. The difference I'm seeing is it doesn't feel like she jumped on many wagons that game. She voted maybe 3 times that whole game and stuff like her vote on T-Bone in #259 was accompanied with lots of previous finger pointing and her providing reasons why he's probably scum. I guess I'm not seeing that same effort here. I'm not really sure what an Alianna scum game would look like but I would imagine she would try her best to mimic her town behavior rather than go all try hard mode and put in a ton of effort

I need to consider a town!Abnegation world a little more
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Dannflor »

UNVOTE:
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:50 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

wait i was at e-1 lmao
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:51 am

i think the only way that aureal dies is if i die here so that kinda sucks for me

dann why did you vote me and revoke it anyway
master at being scum(my)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

idk i don't know what im doing this game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

i don't get why you are so confident in aureal
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Black »

In post 962, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think the only way that aureal dies is if i die here so that kinda sucks for me

Why do you think Aureal/Dann is the solve?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:03 am

In post 965, Black wrote:
In post 962, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think the only way that aureal dies is if i die here so that kinda sucks for me

Why do you think Aureal/Dann is the solve?
if aureal is town then she decided to make a read off of one thing on the second day which is a terrible move in my opinion

dann not only was in my iamveryhappy/dunn/dann poe but he is kinda just sitting on the sidelines and NOW is pretending to not be confident on me
master at being scum(my)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

do you think i should have confidence in something right now
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:46 am

hopefully so

tommorow could be ELO
master at being scum(my)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Black »

In post 966, camelCasedSnivy wrote: if aureal is town then she decided to make a read off of one thing on the second day which is a terrible move in my opinion
Was it a terrible move because it involved sussing and voting you? To me it really seems like she believes you could be scum. She put thought into your other games in relation to how you're acting here and questioned me on my townread of you. I don't really think Aureal has been scummy and her stance on you feels more like a town progression imo
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Black »

In post 966, camelCasedSnivy wrote: dann not only was in my iamveryhappy/dunn/dann poe but he is kinda just sitting on the sidelines and NOW is pretending to not be confident on me
I can kinda see where you're coming from. Dann doesn't have the same drive he did D1 but I'm not sure how alignment indicative that is

I'm not really liking how Dann backed off your wagon. Abnegation/iavh/me were the only people that could hammer here and two of us have town leans on you and the third is, well, iavh (no offense). I guess it could be scum realizing the hammer wasn't going to happen

Idk, I still think Dann has shown a lot of naturally town thoughts this game. If he's scum then he's incredible at it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:48 am

Post by meowmeow »

i think this makes sense
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm just unvoting because I don't have conviction right now and want to wait until I have time to come back to the game and get some
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know why you aren't more suspicious of me Black
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:59 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 953, Black wrote:

i think this overstates the extent to which scum utilise 'pocketing' as a strategy.

as scum you can't just scumread every potential elimination candidate - i mean, i guess you could, but that's likely to go badly. scum are probably more likely to townread anyone who they think 'looks towny' or they think they would townread as town

but i think snivy's defense of happy here feels a bit off/unnatural, like he knows happy is town already - i think his aureal read is off too

i do also think the newd3 thing was trying to look uninformed about the setup. happy being mafia doesn't mean he knows how every one of his actions will be received in the thread

i think ccs would give carefree vibes regardless of alignment
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”