Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:26 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 584, Hero at Heart wrote: hi, i am back.

the fact that this is friday does do wonders for my wim.
In post 569, Merlyn wrote:
In post 564, Aristeia wrote: I guess I feel like I can get a better read on STD given more time so I'm not really in a rush to vote him yet.

I feel good things about your slot which historically means I'm being snowed by you since I''m not scumreading you :blush:

I feel like I can't really touch hero atp since everyone thinks he's town and maybe it's just me being the idiot who can't see it.

I dunno I feel worse about bella than before.
I'm not sold on Hero being town
i'm sold on you not being town though.
This is a weird post.
In post 586, Hero at Heart wrote: okay would you think i'm crazy if i suggested voting merlyn instead of one of the coalition members? probably yes. i mean i think i'm crazy right now because if i were sane then how come my coalition failed.
Why post this? Either scumread me, build a case, and vote me, or not. This is just useless shade.
In post 591, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 559, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 557, Merlyn wrote: VOTE: Mala

Days of no activity, then a sudden burst of activity leading to the hammer? I think your buddy was urging you to get in there behind the scenes
In post 558, Aristeia wrote: we should vote out someone in the coalition first - voting outside of coalition is p bad
Can we stash a Merlyn vote for later?
ok i think i'm really hapoy with reading drew as town for now.
Does it ususally work out for you finding town by choosing people who agree with your reads?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:31 am

Post by Merlyn »

The most annoying thing about this is that I'm being set up for the next lim should I be wrong about std (or maybe even if I'm right, I don't know) and I really shouldn't be at the top of anyone's list. I'm one of the people trying to actually play this game, even though getting engagement has been like wringing blood from a stone. How are you going to even discuss limming me before you look into two people who voted for the coalition without even being in it? How does that not even warrant a cursory post exploring what you think about them?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:45 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

The last game I played with Merlyn she was town and got mislimmed after pushing on a slot everyone else town read. I'd be cautious, because I'm getting similar vibes here.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 580, implosion wrote:
In post 555, Malakittens wrote: shocker
In post 568, Save The Dragons wrote: what the hell
In post 570, Bellaphant wrote: Ari,talk to me about hero?
Would really love if people would play the game of mafia that we signed up for.

Bella's is at least technically content (and I guess she said she'd be low-content, idr if that's still going on) but like, ugh. This is 1/3 of the player list posting without giving any opinion on anything after
the coalition failed
. Like, the coalition is either the anticlimax where town wins or the climax of the setup where we're supposed to learn we were wrong about everything. And Mala and STD voted for the coalition and now have nothing to say now that it failed. Like it probably isn't just as easy as STD/Mala but if either of them is town then they had better give some reason to believe that
dude i was busy yesterday this was all i could manage. i got some time today so i want to take a look at all the coalition members. i also didn't realize i was hammering it because i can't count.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:29 am

clearly i was wrong about someone i genuinely thought all the slots were townie, i'm still kind of seeing that so i'm trying hard to figure out who's scum. it's not me please stop voting me.

ari - i believe ari to be town on play but i could be wrong. what pings me about ari is the way she feels like this coalition is going to fail anyway. would be a good post to bring up as scum because it makes her look town enough to put safely into the coalition and is something to fall back on when the coalition fails

hero at heart - hero is trying hard and the only thing i can think of is that if they're scum they're trying hard to look town but i don't think that scum gets into fights with people like hero has.

implo - implo feels like he's trying to sandbag me now this is going to sound OMGUSy but it feels wrong. On surface level a lot of posts seem townie but i could see scum making posts like trying to sew discord where there's not much going on yet.

bella - again i don't think there's anything explicitly outside a scumrange here but i don't have a lot of info

std - handsome
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:29 am

i think hero is the one i'm most confident in being town

VOTE: implosion
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 598, Bellaphant wrote: Ugh I like hero's posting on this page and I can't work out if I'm being snowed.
what does "snowed" mean?
In post 597, Bellaphant wrote: Not caught up thoughts:

Ari/hero scum.team feels very unlikely? Scum theatre is rarely scum theatre in my experience. Is there one scum in them, maybe.
Drew and implo still town.
Could be persuaded on std, low confidence reading them
Have low key read sr mer since like page 5.
same exact thoughts except that drew is not "still" town but was only recently upgraded to town.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 600, Merlyn wrote: This is a weird post.
why?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 600, Merlyn wrote: Why post this? Either scumread me, build a case, and vote me, or not. This is just useless shade.
VOTE: merlyn

hope you are happy now
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 600, Merlyn wrote: Does it ususally work out for you finding town by choosing people who agree with your reads?
um, i'd say that it works better than random.
like it's not a perfect method, but then i don't know of any perfect method of finding town.

also i'd been previously thinking that you and drew were svt and this post by him strengthened this feeling and made him look townier in comparison to you.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

i don't love std's claim that he didn't know it was a hammer vote though.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 604, Save The Dragons wrote: implo - implo feels like he's trying to sandbag me now this is going to sound OMGUSy but it feels wrong. On surface level a lot of posts seem townie but i could see scum making posts like 156 trying to sew discord where there's not much going on yet.
otoh i agree that 156 wasn't a good post at all
maybe i should re-read implo.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

UNVOTE:

AGAIN.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 607, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 600, Merlyn wrote: This is a weird post.
why?
Because your read on me doesn't affect my read on you. Let me put it to you this way: what information were you trying to share with your post?
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

that i don't really care about your read on me
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 609, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 600, Merlyn wrote: Does it ususally work out for you finding town by choosing people who agree with your reads?
um, i'd say that it works better than random.
like it's not a perfect method, but then i don't know of any perfect method of finding town.

also i'd been previously thinking that you and drew were svt and this post by him strengthened this feeling and made him look townier in comparison to you.
It does? Genuine question. What would, observing that you do that, stop scum from imitating it and pretending to agree with you? It's fine if this a post game question, I'm not really sure it helps me sort you.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 614, Hero at Heart wrote: that i don't really care about your read on me
You're not meant to, really. I was talking to someone else about you. That's what made it weird to me. It was like you felt you had to pop in and say 'don't listen to her, Ari!' and that kind of panic is something I associate with scum.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 615, Merlyn wrote: It does? Genuine question. What would, observing that you do that, stop scum from imitating it and pretending to agree with you? It's fine if this a post game question, I'm not really sure it helps me sort you.
two things:
the first thing is, i normally don't care only about what people
state
their reads to be, but also the reasoning behind it. so if someone copies all/most of my reads it looks obvious and i scumread that.
the second thing is, here it didn't feel like drew was catering to me because i had not recently expressed a desire to vote you when drew said that. if he had said that
after
i said i want to vote you, i might've even scumread him for it, but he said it before i said that, so it's clearly not imitation.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

okay i read implo again and i think he's town tbh

honestly i think by associatives the solve is std + kittens/THS. i'm still leaning THS but could be kittens.

VOTE: std

i promise i won't unvote within 5 posts.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

and like i just don't get std making a super obvious hammer post and then saying he didn't realize it was a hammer

i can't rationalize it.

it makes zero sense.

i would actually tr std if he said the hammer was intentional and that he was 100% sure it would win the game, but this retraction is
really
weird.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

i just had this horrifying thought that i might not be night killed and i might be taken to a 3p yeetlo with ari and THS and then i'll have zero clue what to do and it will suck a lot.

scum can you please nightkill me. you know i'm very townie and never getting yeeted before 3p yeetlo, so it's a good kill.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 617, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 615, Merlyn wrote: It does? Genuine question. What would, observing that you do that, stop scum from imitating it and pretending to agree with you? It's fine if this a post game question, I'm not really sure it helps me sort you.
two things:
the first thing is, i normally don't care only about what people
state
their reads to be, but also the reasoning behind it. so if someone copies all/most of my reads it looks obvious and i scumread that.
the second thing is, here it didn't feel like drew was catering to me because i had not recently expressed a desire to vote you when drew said that. if he had said that
after
i said i want to vote you, i might've even scumread him for it, but he said it before i said that, so it's clearly not imitation.
Okay, I get that. Just to be clear I was not thinking Drew was doing that, I still pretty much mostly tr Drew .
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 619, Hero at Heart wrote: and like i just don't get std making a super obvious hammer post and then saying he didn't realize it was a hammer

i can't rationalize it.

it makes zero sense.

i would actually tr std if he said the hammer was intentional and that he was 100% sure it would win the game, but this retraction is
really
weird.

I agree with this post. No I'm not trying to pocket you, I think that would be pretty silly of me at this point. I went back and looked at the hammer and it does read like someone hammering on purpose.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:46 am

Post by implosion »

i'm not fully read up but no, i can't give reasons (in good faith) for everyone but std/mala to be town because that's not why my reads are in the state they are but i can justify a bunch of people if you want
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

go for it

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”