Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by implosion »

I think at this point I could towncase Drew, I don't really agree with Bella that he's obvtown but I think it's pretty likely. I sort of like Merlyn's a lot - I think the indignance of it reads as town who is genuinely frustrated. I think frustration is a reaction that makes sense to being in the position of someone not on the coalition who is being tossed in the ring as a lim candidate by someone with rhetorical sway. I'm not sure what scum in that situation might do. But the statement "I'm actually trying to play this game AND there are these people who voted for the failing coalition without even being on it, why aren't we looking at them" is I think psychologically more likely to be town because she's not actually justifying or defending herself or her play. She's not giving reasons why she's clearly town or shouldn't be the lim, she's giving reasons why there are other people who should come first, which would logically leave her as still a person who could be limmed later after those people are dealt with. She just reads as annoyed at the pressure on her rather than worried about it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by implosion »

Anyway I have to run but I do just think STD flips scum most of the time here. There's nothing in his posting that looks unlikely to come from scum and his content now is just, a one liner on everyone in the coalition and no actual nuance or consideration, after like, he was basically snowed by someone on the coalition since he was so sure that it was gonna be town that he was willing to vote it without even checking if it was a hammer supposedly
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by Aristeia »

i don't think its as easy as rh9/std but I am willing to suspend my pessimism to trust in implosion at least one time
You are always gonna be my love
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I just like implo, I don't want to vote there. I get why Drew's voting there but that doesn't mean I think he's right about it. I scumread the other two slots to varying degrees so that makes me uneasy about this wagon. I'm actually pretty happy with my current vote
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 652, Aristeia wrote: i don't think its as easy as rh9/std but I am willing to suspend my pessimism to trust in implosion at least one time
Ari, what makes you feel this way, despite implosion saying he'd want you to be the next to go if he bites it?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

if std/implo are both town and then i get elimmed next i'll be fine with it because at least we'll all lose together
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like at that point what's it down to for scum in the coalition? Hero and Bella?

like I'm ok losing to a scum!hero that both implo/datisi thought was super town it's fine.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like if scum in the coalition just happens to be super townread by everyone just take the L and move on with your life
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I don't really have a lot of energy for this game I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to solving by talking to people so it's fine to put my faith in others and just hope they're right
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:09 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 649, implosion wrote:
In post 640, RH9 wrote: I don't think I'd want STD today.
His ISO doesn't feel agenda-y at all.
To this point, I think this is actually contextually a scumtell, maybe a strong one. Imagine replacing in to a slot that is already widely being put in coalitions as town, vs as scum. As town, you would absolutely have an agenda, as in stuff you need to be doing: you're in the coalition, you need to sort the other people that are currently widely townread and make sure you think the coalition is good or propose an alternate coalition. Like, I felt like I wanted to get the right coalition, because people were townreading me and the game is way easier if we just get it right the first time so I wanted to be careful. On the other hand, if you replace into a scum slot that's in people's coalitions, you don't need to have any agenda - so long as you remain in the coalition, you're good.

The reason that having an agenda would be scummy in the first place is that scum sometimes need to think in terms of eliminating specific people who they know are on to them or other scum, but that doesn't apply to a coalition phase.
I see.
TBH I did not consider this.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 646, implosion wrote:
In post 643, RH9 wrote: Though, I'll tentatively VOTE: implo because I feel like STD's hammer could a genuine mistake and implo's using it against him.
Also, the focus on Datisi.
Honestly, this post is baffling. "could be a genuine mistake and implo's using it against him" is an argument that just lacks any curiosity or desire to interrogate the hammer. Or me and my play for that matter. Do you think it was a genuine mistake? Why do you think it was a genuine mistake? Why would it being a genuine mistake make STD town? He could have mistakenly hammered as scum.

[snip because that was re: Drew's argument]

Also, what does "the focus on Datisi" mean?
Yes, I think it's a genuine mistake. STD said he wasn't paying attention and honestly, I can see myself accidentally hammering a coalition with me and my TRs if I was not paying attention. Well, you do make a good point that it's null but I feel like scum would want to avoid a scenario where they'd be the obvious suspect.
And re: focus on Datisi, I saw that you were SRing him pretty hard in your ISO and I feel like STD repping in and hammering the coalition gave you a reason to push a scum!STD world.

v/la every weekend

Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:20 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 657, Aristeia wrote: like if scum in the coalition just happens to be super townread by everyone just take the L and move on with your life
In post 658, Aristeia wrote: I don't really have a lot of energy for this game I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to solving by talking to people so it's fine to put my faith in others and just hope they're right
same, i actually still don't have a huge scumread on std but it's like, i don't really know who else to vote and i guess ari's and implo read on him (from even before the coalition was locked in) makes sense.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

i also liked both of the posts by implo that rh9 quotes just above this.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

i think rh9
could
be std's partner in a scum!std world, but am not sure
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:22 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

it would be crazy if ari's early take that mala is either scum with datisi or not scum turned out to be true.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:16 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Scum Implosion trying to replace a town STD with me on the coalition that Implosion was already on would've just been such a weird play to rationalize an agenda so I'm obligated to town read him here.
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

you know what, i just convinced myself that std is scum

ari i give you an exclusive right to tell me "i told you" in the post game. i will also never doubt you again.

THS could you please vote him?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:06 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

it aint me
it aint me
i aint no fortunate scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 651, implosion wrote: Anyway I have to run but I do just think STD flips scum most of the time here. There's nothing in his posting that looks unlikely to come from scum and his content now is just, a one liner on everyone in the coalition and no actual nuance or consideration, after like, he was basically snowed by someone on the coalition since he was so sure that it was gonna be town that he was willing to vote it without even checking if it was a hammer supposedly
i posted a one liner but i did look through everyone's isos, i looked for examples and posted based on my feelings on each slot

i missed hold steady's vote onto the coalition genuinely
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:17 am

Post by Merlyn »

Not gonna be posting much till nighttime for me all weekend, just fyi
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:23 am

Post by RH9 »

@mod V/LA for the rest of today

v/la every weekend

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 660, RH9 wrote: And re: focus on Datisi, I saw that you were SRing him pretty hard in your ISO
...what? This is a wildly inaccurate reading of my ISO. I at no point had a hard scumread or really any solid read on Datisi, I just disagreed with the reasons he was being townread.

Ari's posts are fair I guess. I'm also kind of losing steam for this game today. I kind of just want a flip and if it's a townflip then I think Ari will probably be more readable tomorrow.
In post 663, Hero at Heart wrote: i think rh9
could
be std's partner in a scum!std world, but am not sure
To be clear I'm not like sure of this by any means in this world. I just think if STD flips scum then I'd have a hard time ever being okay with RH9 not being flipped before endgame.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Aristeia »

am i somehow unreadable today
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:49 pm

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 672, Aristeia wrote: am i somehow unreadable today
yes
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by Merlyn »

It's hard to come in and post meaningfully when we are basically at an impasse. Here's what I'm currently thinking: everyone who is one either the std or implo wagon has given their reason for doing so, and recently.

THS, you have had a vote on Hero since Sept 26. That was during D1, you haven't changed it since then. Mala, you have had a vote on Ari since Sept 28th- again, a vote you placed in D1. I think that you both need to either a) make a good case for why four other folks should leave thier current wagon for yours or b) stop sitting on your votes and get on either the implo or std wagon.

(btw, yes I do find it sussy to realize how long you've both been sitting on those votes. I get that the game has been moving slowly but c'mon)

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”