Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

You know what didn't even have to do a full iso.....just looked at a post that was just quoted and the subsequent posts surrounding it

VOTE: Jackson
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 439, Nono wrote: @mod v/la 36 hours
This is fine. This is just a public reminder that pming me about v/las is very effective
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 402, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 315, UnaBombaH wrote: Hu Taoooooo, and Dreew are scuuuummm..
Morning tooo, most everyoneeeeee
I think you're town but its worrying your reads aren't evolving. Besides gut from the beginnings of the game, why am i scum?
My reads are evolving, I just need to sit down for a moment and gather my thoughts to put them into words.
For example, I'm a little worried about Jackson as of now.
I actually townread their initial approach towards me, but I'm starting to wonder whether their gimmick is just "thats meta you're saying - doesn't mean anything to me" and "you seem to be uncertain, and that seems scummy". :yawn:

And before they (or anyone else) lash out at me for this^^ - I'm honestly going to ISO them separately today and confirm whether this gut feel is justified or not.
But just to give Hu Tao here a sample of where my head is at while I still hold my vote on them. :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 403, jjh927 wrote: See, that kind of question is why I'm really liking Hu Tao here
"Why am I scum?" ??? :lol:
I feel like my recent questions or so called "fluff posting" earlier got underscrutinized but overly criticized by these standards.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 406, jjh927 wrote: Do you want to bounce some ideas then? I think Nono is 100% town here on the grounds that they have taken a very unique stance within the gamestate, despite ultimately being wrong. This was my canned answer to the question I asked geraintm
Ok, it's posts like these that really make me wonder whether I was just wrong about jjh in the first pages.
I get a feel of an overly relaxed and trusting approach towards Hu Tao here.
And that statement about Nono is just weird to me.
They are 100% town just because they took a "unique stance within the gamestate"?

@jjh927464 - in your experience, you think scum would just sheep others D1 and nothing else?
Is this the method with which you claim to have caught many a scum D1?
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 414, jjh927 wrote: Unfortunately you're gonna have to make do with these because none of them are perfect for meta
This would have been one if I hadn't been force replaced due to mod error
This is where I replaced into a completely doomed mafia slot in team mafia for a day phase
I believe this is my most recent full scumgame but it's from 2 years ago

If you'd like some towngames for reference, I did dig up my last 10 towngames (going back 3 years to the day, it looks like) in case I needed to prove to geraintm that accurate day 1 reads exist
Spoiler:

Datisi's University - Number 1 scumread was scum!Wheme, but didn't get the lim day 1. Notably had 3 out of 4 scum in the 4 names in my scumreads. Died n1
Datisi's Cafe - Number 1 scumread was scum!Malakittens. Was fine with the scum!Ircher elim that happened day 1 though as well.
GNG's upick - Number 1 scumread was scum!Gypyx. Lim didn't happen due to a dumb mechanical plan I said wouldn't work, that didn't work.
Superfight mafiaCaught scum day 1. Mafia tried to kill me N1 but due to the mechanics could not
Anything uPickCaught not 1 but 2 scum due to a big old TMI that nobody else believed until we limmed one of them on day 2.
Townstumps mafiaCaught scum day 1. Notably off wagon at eod because I was trying to find more.
Krazy's animal upickCaught scum day 1
Pokemon battlesCaught scum day 1
Cards of destiny mafiaCaught scum day 1
Mystery box of silver 10Did not catch scum day 1. Notably, day 1 lasted 4 and a half days and based on reading my iso I don't think I was caught up
I used to keep my Wiki updated when I was actively playing, but I don't think I'd be able to compile a list of three scumgames and 10 towngames with links in 3 minutes..? :facepalm:
I'm honestly currently bathing in a stew of Hu Tao + jjh927 = both scum and this is just a very weird form of theatre. :lol:
Also jjh is currently not voting anyone still while naming any scumleans? I dislike that either way.

So out of these two I'm willing to go either way as of now.
But based on these past few posts I've read, VOTE: jjh927
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 450, Doctor Drew wrote: You know what didn't even have to do a full iso.....just looked at a post that was just quoted and the subsequent posts surrounding it

VOTE: Jackson
Yeah you’re going to have to actually explain when you SR someone
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Novel concept ik lmao

wiki // GTKAS
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:49 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 265, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 261, UnaBombaH wrote: I mean, I agree that self meta is usually stupid. But in this very specific case it is also a thing that you'd be able to verify/debunk if you really felt the need to.
You say this as if people will ever actually try and do this. The amount of times people say this compared to the amount of people that actually verify... bruh. I think I recall only one instance of somebody actually meta-diving that wasn't referring to a specific older game they remember etc. And that was off-site
depends who you play with. a few years ago there were a lot more players who seemed to rely almost exclusively on meta deepdives
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:51 am

Post by The Bulge »

apologies for my absence, yesterday was canadian turkey day so i spent all day cooking and cleaning. catching up a little bit now before i go out and hopefully finishing this evening
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:23 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 426, Flavor Leaf wrote: Jjh could be powerwolfing, but idk if they try to powerwolf as scum in this gamestate.

I town read them, but late game it’s worth thinking about if they’re alive.

I’m like totally comfortable just sheeping wherever they push unless it’s someone i town read, like an Una, Gamma, Hu. I might even be convinced if I think the case is good enough, still Day 1 after all.
I don't think I've played with jjh before, but I think I agree with you on them. If they are scum, then them trying to lead so strongly early doors is brazen. No interest in their elimination today
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:58 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 454, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 406, jjh927 wrote: Do you want to bounce some ideas then? I think Nono is 100% town here on the grounds that they have taken a very unique stance within the gamestate, despite ultimately being wrong. This was my canned answer to the question I asked geraintm
Ok, it's posts like these that really make me wonder whether I was just wrong about jjh in the first pages.
I get a feel of an overly relaxed and trusting approach towards Hu Tao here.
And that statement about Nono is just weird to me.
They are 100% town just because they took a "unique stance within the gamestate"?

@jjh927464 - in your experience, you think scum would just sheep others D1 and nothing else?
Is this the method with which you claim to have caught many a scum D1?
No, but genuine thought process (the type that comes from town) is a lot more obvious from someone who is making a point that other people haven't. Nono was clearly trying to carve out a path.

Plus, my personal mantra is to find the easiest scum first.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:01 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 455, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 414, jjh927 wrote: Unfortunately you're gonna have to make do with these because none of them are perfect for meta
This would have been one if I hadn't been force replaced due to mod error
This is where I replaced into a completely doomed mafia slot in team mafia for a day phase
I believe this is my most recent full scumgame but it's from 2 years ago

If you'd like some towngames for reference, I did dig up my last 10 towngames (going back 3 years to the day, it looks like) in case I needed to prove to geraintm that accurate day 1 reads exist
Spoiler:

Datisi's University - Number 1 scumread was scum!Wheme, but didn't get the lim day 1. Notably had 3 out of 4 scum in the 4 names in my scumreads. Died n1
Datisi's Cafe - Number 1 scumread was scum!Malakittens. Was fine with the scum!Ircher elim that happened day 1 though as well.
GNG's upick - Number 1 scumread was scum!Gypyx. Lim didn't happen due to a dumb mechanical plan I said wouldn't work, that didn't work.
Superfight mafiaCaught scum day 1. Mafia tried to kill me N1 but due to the mechanics could not
Anything uPickCaught not 1 but 2 scum due to a big old TMI that nobody else believed until we limmed one of them on day 2.
Townstumps mafiaCaught scum day 1. Notably off wagon at eod because I was trying to find more.
Krazy's animal upickCaught scum day 1
Pokemon battlesCaught scum day 1
Cards of destiny mafiaCaught scum day 1
Mystery box of silver 10Did not catch scum day 1. Notably, day 1 lasted 4 and a half days and based on reading my iso I don't think I was caught up
I used to keep my Wiki updated when I was actively playing, but I don't think I'd be able to compile a list of three scumgames and 10 towngames with links in 3 minutes..? :facepalm:
I'm honestly currently bathing in a stew of Hu Tao + jjh927 = both scum and this is just a very weird form of theatre. :lol:
Also jjh is currently not voting anyone still while naming any scumleans? I dislike that either way.

So out of these two I'm willing to go either way as of now.
But based on these past few posts I've read, VOTE: jjh927
I had the towngames in a notepad file for if geraintm showed up and said "read accuracy isn't real". That's why they all say about what my reads were day 1

In terms of voting, I use a mixture of high and low pressure to place people with and have no intention of voting at this precise moment
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:04 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 453, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 403, jjh927 wrote: See, that kind of question is why I'm really liking Hu Tao here
"Why am I scum?" ??? :lol:
I feel like my recent questions or so called "fluff posting" earlier got underscrutinized but overly criticized by these standards.
I forgot that was even the question. I liked the bit pointing out your reads hadn't evolved, although it's now clear they have
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:07 am

Post by jjh927 »

And yes, it did take me ages to prepare that list of towngames so geraintm, it would be greatly appreciated if you would humour me like I requested
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

In terms of reads, I think the scumteam is entirely within Roden, Marcistar, The Bulge, Xegarus, geraintm

I would like to narrow that down if possible
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:15 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Okay, that wasn't at all the reaction I anticipated from jjh.
VOTE: Hu Tao until I find the time and energy to ISO Jackson and other necessary actions.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:17 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I think somebody already said this, but I think there's likely at least two decent to good scum players this game (so many townleans around). OR the scum team is very lazy/lurky and all of them are in the least active slots.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:22 am

Post by jjh927 »

So, either the scum are controlling the narrative or the scum have no influence on the narrative?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:24 am

Post by jjh927 »

I don't think there actually are any players being consistently townread right now. We have a whole chaos thing going in the thread
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh yeah that reminds me, I still need to properly place Gamma as well
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:31 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 458, The Bulge wrote: depends who you play with. a few years ago there were a lot more players who seemed to rely almost exclusively on meta deepdives
They scare me

wiki // GTKAS
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:51 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 464, jjh927 wrote: And yes, it did take me ages to prepare that list of towngames so geraintm, it would be greatly appreciated if you would humour me like I requested
You are being very optimistic in how much you expect from me on day 1.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:54 am

Post by jjh927 »

You're not physically incapable of trying to place people on day 1- you're just refusing to

So logically you could be persuaded to
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:59 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 465, jjh927 wrote: In terms of reads, I think the scumteam is entirely within Roden, Marcistar, The Bulge, Xegarus, geraintm

I would like to narrow that down if possible
Perosnally i dont think so

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”