BooneyToonz XVII: The Winston Chronicles [END]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Tanuki the Bold
Tanuki the Bold
They
Goon
Tanuki the Bold
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Tanuki the Bold »

In post 1948, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1939, Tanuki the Bold wrote: We have been playing the game, so that just feels like a discredit
Maybe like, you have, Cephrir? But methinks the idea of hydraing up with FB was a critical flaw because it feels like every post from you is several layers of useless shitposting.
Hoo boy do I have issues with this!

I've been shit posting too, and Fire has been putting in effort too. "Every post" is clearly not true and demonstrates a lack of attention. And this implies that you are more interested in a play style lim than finding scum, as though we were fated to be targeted by you because Firebringer is here no matter what. Which does match up with your complete lack of interest in reading the numerous posts where FB is trying.
Hydra of Firebringer and Cephrir
Tanuki the Bold
Tanuki the Bold
They
Goon
Tanuki the Bold
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Tanuki the Bold »

Sry for having the critical flaw of trying to have fun tho.
Hydra of Firebringer and Cephrir
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:52 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1750, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1738, OopsieDaisy wrote: Plus I'm at a point where I don't wanna vote Alisae, I don't think I wanna vote Gimli, and I don't think I wanna vote HPE either. I need to give the counterarguments another look on the HPE thing but the fact that
it's being attacked for the move to PP
I find makes scum!PP more likely.
Where is this happening?
There were moments where The Stage (don't think I need to cite a post here), Tanuki () & Anen (, tho this is more criticising HPE for staying on PP rather than moving to PP) all criticised HPE for the PP push.

(Gonna start working through responding to stuff, so I can't chat live right now <3)
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:08 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1752, Tanuki the Bold wrote:
In post 1747, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1745, Tanuki the Bold wrote: well i am scum

wait, are u scumreading me because we disagree on reads? what moves are u talking about
It's not just the disagreement but moreso posts like which imo completely discourage talking about Ali in a positive light because replying to that with a read that's just gonna get dismissed is like, a compeltely fruitless endeavour. Good if you're town who's right on Ali but also good if you're scum and wanna stop townie players from being willing to voice a townread there.

I also don't know if there's like a term for this but like, posts like where you're clearly critiquing my play and how I view resistance in mafia but it's being done in a way that feels so toxic. Like you're trying to deliberately rile me up by calling my play egocentric by proxy.
im gonna make fun of u and u should do the same to me. u got to have some thick skin in this game to be made fun of and throw it back.

i don't agree with u that im discouraging alisae talk just because i say im going to disagree and make fun of people. People disagree all the time in mafia and im just being upfront that im not looking for holes in my line of thinking, which most players won't do when they ask for counter opinions.

Like if all that is stopping a person from voicing an alisae townread is being mad fun by me, i don't think they had a very strong or good reason to townread alisae. Cause the least should be worried about is me making fun of them.
In post 1748, OopsieDaisy wrote: Like I don't know if any of this is alignment indicative or if I'm just getting annoyed, but it's v hard to tell the difference between the two.
I enjoy you regardless oops
Yea sadly I'm not someone who has super thick skin, tho that's never really stopped me from enjoying mafia. I don't make fun of other players and I expect them to respect that and not do it to me either. I love a bit of lighthearted banter as you know, I just always wanna try and uphold the lighthearted part. Key word being try lmao.

It may not have been your intention to shut the discussion down but I definitely felt more averse to talking about my Ali townread after your post. detailed my thought process there.

And yea, I enjoy playing with you too.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:23 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1753, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1737, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1736, MariaR wrote:
In post 1729, OopsieDaisy wrote: The PP wagon isn't happening is it?
Why
do
you want it to happen? I think it gives barely any information and is just a coinflip. Better solved at night than just a day exe.
You don't find the amount of resistance to it interesting? I think there's a good amount to glean from a flip there because of that resistance and he's not doing anything to move the game forward right now.
I really don't agree with this, but I guess as a resistor you'll be lookin askance at that. I think that you're basically saying that if PP flips red you expect to find his fellow scum in the resistors, but I don't find it likely at all that scum cared about that wagon and we like, 'we have to rush in and save PP!'
Maybe I'm ootl on the site meta, how common is bussing? Obvs it's a strategy that I've seen a lotta times before but in my experience it's never really all that common, or at least it's not optimal a lotta the time. Elements is definitely a busser tho I've seem em mercilessly bus their 2 other mafia partners in the same game it was tyranny.

Tho thought I've just had, this is the biggest forum game I've played in a veryyy long time if ever? If mafia have a lot of numbers, I suppose bussing is a lot more viable because each life is technically less valuable. Maybe my resistance point is just rubbish lmao
busser but I've known a lot of other players to be averse to it.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:28 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1768, Tanuki the Bold wrote:
In post 1747, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 1745, Tanuki the Bold wrote: well i am scum

wait, are u scumreading me because we disagree on reads? what moves are u talking about
It's not just the disagreement but moreso posts like which imo completely discourage talking about Ali in a positive light because replying to that with a read that's just gonna get dismissed is like, a compeltely fruitless endeavour. Good if you're town who's right on Ali but also good if you're scum and wanna stop townie players from being willing to voice a townread there.

I also don't know if there's like a term for this but like, posts like where you're clearly critiquing my play and how I view resistance in mafia but it's being done in a way that feels so toxic. Like you're trying to deliberately rile me up by calling my play egocentric by proxy.
Whether to reflect and reevaluate or get defensive when your play is critiqued is a personal choice
It is, and in the moment I very much do get defensive. Usually I'm a lot better once I've took a step back and given myself an opportunity to reevaluate, but my self-control is terrible and when I'm in my gamer mode it's hard to get myself out of it.
Show

Wiki page
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: PenguinPower
I think this is actually a solid choice, I think there was a similar scenario to this one in another game and Penguin ended up being scum there
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:49 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 1770, Aneninen wrote:
In post 1743, OopsieDaisy wrote: PP. I could still vote Elements. Tanuki is becoming a possibility I don't like the moves they've been making recently on Ali/HPE. Anen wanting to sit back and critique my posts but not actually engage with me on any points there feels tunnelly but again that might not be alignment indicative.
So, basically anyone except for Gimli who has relevant chance to get Elim-ed Today?
I also townread Ali and did like HPE, tho I don't like the recent attack on Fire's playstyle (and yes, I am aware of how I reacted to Fire a few pages ago).
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:52 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

I think my voting pool now is back to PP/Elements, the amount of discussion around HPE makes the slot a decent flip now and Anen I've realised finally cause of the claim actually very much might just be town, but the claim makes Anen a sorta last resort vote for me.
Show

Wiki page
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Deal With The Devil »

HI I'M ALIVE!
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth, Meat World has not been kind to me, but I should be able to read up tonight.

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1956, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: PenguinPower
I think this is actually a solid choice, I think there was a similar scenario to this one in another game and Penguin ended up being scum there
here's the game in question
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
The Stage
The Stage
Goon
The Stage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by The Stage »

In post 1956, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: PenguinPower
peng should have been replaced by now but the mod has also not given out a prod yet for some reason
The Stage
The Stage
Goon
The Stage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by The Stage »

VOTE: hpe

i've lost most of my wim at this point, we need a flip
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

after veiled commitee im used to day 1 draining out this long
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

also i gave up on doing iambs I'm going to keep forgetting to do those

are people voting HPE because of its posts? i never had a reason to tr HPE so ill jump on the wagon if its needed
master at being scum(my)
The Stage
The Stage
Goon
The Stage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by The Stage »

In post 1964, camelCasedSnivy wrote: are people voting HPE because of its posts?
i am, at least! hpe is a generic lurker with a very low ratio of content to posts, but i could still see it flipping town
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

PenguinPower has been prodded.

Vote Count coming late tonight like usual.

I will be VLA Thursday/Friday, but still should have the usual late night vote count, and have limited access.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:59 pm

In post 1959, Deal With The Devil wrote: HI I'M ALIVE!
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth, Meat World has not been kind to me, but I should be able to read up tonight.

- Alianna
Rejoice! The search team out did even what I thought they were capable of.

Now let's go kill some wolves after we celebrate!

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:01 pm

In post 1950, Tanuki the Bold wrote:
In post 1948, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1939, Tanuki the Bold wrote: We have been playing the game, so that just feels like a discredit
Maybe like, you have, Cephrir? But methinks the idea of hydraing up with FB was a critical flaw because it feels like every post from you is several layers of useless shitposting.
Hoo boy do I have issues with this!

I've been shit posting too, and Fire has been putting in effort too. "Every post" is clearly not true and demonstrates a lack of attention. And this implies that you are more interested in a play style lim than finding scum, as though we were fated to be targeted by you because Firebringer is here no matter what. Which does match up with your complete lack of interest in reading the numerous posts where FB is trying.
Ya I don't like this criticism of both you and Fire. I would say this is some of the most effort I have seen from Fire early in a game. And I apologize to you ceph, I didn't know you had shit posting in you lol.

My biggest worry would be, and this is mainly paranoia, is if Fire would effort more as scum. But if anything when I was scum with him, the effort wasn't as obvious as it is here.

-Drew
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:03 pm

In post 1962, The Stage wrote: VOTE: hpe

i've lost most of my wim at this point, we need a flip
Kinda with you here, and after some reassessments I do think Ali is more likely town here, and in celebration of Alianna being found(she actually had a town read on you), I will join you here.

VOTE: hpe

-Drew
The Stage
The Stage
Goon
The Stage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by The Stage »

i think i was actually already voting hpe but it's the spirit that counts
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

why can't we just kill elements
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1959, Deal With The Devil wrote: HI I'M ALIVE!

- Alianna
I'm sorry! Let me know if you need an alibi should you need to murder someone. I'm glad you're able to be back!
The Stage
The Stage
Goon
The Stage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by The Stage »

In post 1971, Alisae wrote: why can't we just kill elements
medium info lurker elims >>>>
Alisae
Alisae