Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Kittiesecret »

SOOOOOORRRRRRRY everyone, I have been super busy these last couple days. so much has happened I will catch up this evening!

no prodding please lol
Always watching
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Kittiesecret »

Ok, I'm back, and I'm caught up. Mondays are terrrrrrible around here!

That read was very much the dragon show... with a Knott side show...

In post 886, Aneninen wrote: (4) Kittie, I hope you're reading now. It's NOT the fact how many times Dragon voted. It's the fact that he ended up hammering Gimli - literally the only player he hadn't voted for before!

Spoiler:

Dragon's votes: Python, Knott, Comet, (Unvote), Kittie, Aneninen, Kittie, Black, (Self-vote), Aneninen, Knott, (Unvote), Timmer, Black, (Unvote), Gimli
It was Timmer, who was all about the statistics. I just liked the analysis, it pleased my brain in many ways.

In post 924, fferyllt wrote: Dannflor replaces Black. Please welcome him!
welcome!!

In post 928, Dannflor wrote: in fact that emotional inconsistency feels eerily similar to my own scum game in Purgatory where I just open wolfed with incorrect reads, performatively felt bad about my incorrect reads, and then continued pushing incorrect reads:

viewtopic.php?t=87252
I am so embarrassed right now

Be back tonight
I'm not sure how much I trust my individual reads this game :P
i just...

have no faith in any of my individual reads this game
this gives misdirection vibes...

However, I do agree, Dragon does read as very performative. I'm struggling to tell if that is personality or if that is strategy...

Does anyone else find it suspicious that both black and VIP replaced out, when it looked like they were being looked at a little too hard?

I haven't gone back for a re read on the early game, so correct me if I'm wrong.... but I believe there was a fair amount of speculation that they were the scum team...

In post 970, fferyllt wrote: Merlyn replaces Aneninen. Please welcome her!
Welcome!

Knott, gives me scum vibes just all the way around. I have felt for a good chunk of the game his scum reads came from trivial things, such as someone was less active over the weekend, where most of the players including himself stepped away for the weekend. Demanding that someone participate, then calling them scum when they did. These are just off the top of my head, while getting back into the game. I will have to go back and do an iso for specific examples, if anyone would like.
Always watching
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

pg 1-11- I got nothin

pg 12- Ah, a classic python fake hammer.  Gimli, Black, and Comet all dumbtelled, huh?  Yeah that's too many dumbtells

Not DE dumbtelling about it after the fact on pg 13!
In post 340, DragonEater70 wrote:
Another option is do a sort of hero lim (like hero vig)? And then basically go for Black for the lolz and see what happens once she gets to E-1. I dunno if it's a good idea, but I don't think I have any good idea tbh.
In post 341, DragonEater70 wrote: Python you wanted to generate content by jumping on wagons, didn't you? Let's do this.

VOTE: black

NOTE: DO NOT HAMMER BLACK OR YOU WILL BE POLICY LIMMED
I don't understand how you would get anything out of this, though, when you made it so clear to Black she was in no danger?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:30 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 370, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 364, Black wrote: Dragon why do you keep trying to run yourself up?
IDK, I guess I'm not anymore.
Was trying to bait some reactions with everything I did (including the vote on you). This clearly didn't do anything.
In post 349, usesPython wrote: We're ok with a Gimli hero lim
Is this still relevant? I'm bored.
Okay, I can accept that. I actually find that a more likely reason than you went just started openwolfing all over the place

pg 17-19: Afrayed comes off very genuine to me.  Comet pushed very hard there, maybe a bit too hard too hard for such a small thing.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 978, Merlyn wrote: pg 1-11- I got nothin

pg 12- Ah, a classic python fake hammer.  Gimli, Black, and Comet all dumbtelled, huh?  Yeah that's too many dumbtells

Not DE dumbtelling about it after the fact on pg 13!
In post 340, DragonEater70 wrote:
Another option is do a sort of hero lim (like hero vig)? And then basically go for Black for the lolz and see what happens once she gets to E-1. I dunno if it's a good idea, but I don't think I have any good idea tbh.
In post 341, DragonEater70 wrote: Python you wanted to generate content by jumping on wagons, didn't you? Let's do this.

VOTE: black

NOTE: DO NOT HAMMER BLACK OR YOU WILL BE POLICY LIMMED
I don't understand how you would get anything out of this, though, when you made it so clear to Black she was in no danger?
It's cause am a big dummy
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Do you think Comet is scummy?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:33 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what we do now.

Hopefully Merlyn and Dann will find something that the rest of us missed, because right now I feel like I'm back at square one wrt to finding scum.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

V2.2

Enchanted Forest

Fairyland, Elfhome, Seelie Court, etc., have often been described as deep, mysterious forests. Tales of humans wandering into a dark forest, becoming lost and falling asleep, only to wake up in a glade inhabited by Fairy-like beings are common in many cultures. In these stories, rather than entering Fairyland via some form of portal, Fairyland sweeps over the visitors as they sleep, transforming that part of the forest into Fairyland by enchantment.

DragonEater70 (1):
Dannflor

Not Voting (6):
Cometbright, TimmerRC, Kittiesecret, Aneninen, Afrayed Knott, DragonEater70

With 7 alive it takes 4 votes to eliminate

Deadline: Monday, October 23, Noon US Eastern Time.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-23 09:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 962, Cometbright wrote: You and Dragon are in my limpool as I said at the end of Day 1 and VIP is somewhere in null at the moment. I'm asking if the three of you all see each other as townie and this as a genuine townie push against a (presumable) scum!Black/Dann or if you think someone on there is taking advantage of the push - which has implications. Since I view the three of you as either scummy or null, I think you know my opinion on the matter.

Most times with DE I do but then he does things that put me off and make me wonder, His carefree attitude for example, coud be a ruse could be genuine town, then his role fishing to which I asked

In post 938, Afrayed Knott wrote: Also DE why are you role fishing? 896

Still no answer

With VIP I acknowledge some see him as scummy, but he actually sounds like me and so I oft times feel he is town trying to hunt down scum. Trouble is he is tunnelling me and if he really wants to hunts scum he should look elsewhere. He hasn’t really pressured anyone else but then that is from my POV.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 962, Cometbright wrote: 190 says you view Timmer as scummy. 388 says you view Anen/VIP as scummy. 470 says you view Comet as scummy. 480 says you view Timmer as scummy. 565 says you view Black as scummy (because you think Gimli is scum). 567 is your reasoning for voting Timmer. 577 is you saying you're confident in Timmer scum. 647 is you saying once again you view Black as scummy because she's covering for Gimli!scum.

How is any of that relevant to this Black vote/your progression on it...? If anything isn't it pointing to the exact opposite because Gimli flipped town?

I am confident Timmer is scum and the interaction with the Black slot convinced me that they are both scum. In fact D2 my first vote was on Timmer. Bu then my other scum read's wagon developed and so, yes I jumped on it. And you are doing what VIP is doing skimming, I make it very clear why I suspected the Black slot. And how I use my vote against my top scum reads is for me to decide. Please tell me where it says I should do what you are insisting I do.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

@Mod

I acknowledge that I have placed people at E1 without informing everyone, and I have confirmed in the rules that I have to do this. Please note that this is only my second game back after a long absence and my first game didn’t last long. So I am still rusty. Sorry
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:17 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 963, Cometbright wrote: Python is a strong player - not contesting that - but they did push a Gimli wagon into a subsequent Gimli townflip. Does that not make you waver even a little? Why take Python's reads over say, Gimli's reads? He flipped town too.

If you're consistent in your reads, then why the sudden Black e-1 over voting Timmer? Don't you confidently view him as scum? Because all I've really seen regarding your own reasoning for Black!scum has been tied to trying to cover/protect scum!Gimli... who flipped town. I just don't get your reasoning here - and that's not a good sign when you're apparently confident enough to put a wagon to E-1 unannounced.

You should read this for your first dig

In post 938, Afrayed Knott wrote: Of course I would have. I would have looked at both what Gimli and Python were saying in D1, we all should. And had my reads not aligned I would have looked at why. But my reads did align, and Python’s read on me is correct. So I am always going to trust the reads of a confirmed Town, dead or alive. Our only reads we should trust are these 2 dead townies and I would say we start there. For example, who are Python? It’s a group of people who have some experience in the game, or am I wrong? So why were they NK’d, we have already discussed this but not at length. But let us break it down. They were quiet forceful in their reads and quiet adamant in their strategy to lim. Which means they were killed for their reads, and more importantly for their threat to scum later in the game. The fact that they were an Obv TR read that DE talks about is a factor, but only if you TR them. Its very opportune to say “I TR’d them”, but that is not indicative to alignment is it. Because as scum you would know they were Town.

Gimli’s downfall was lack of interest/input in the game but they still had reads, which were Kittie and either Black or DE.

For the second dig, I’ve explained my read on Black and it had nothing to do with Gimli

Why are you cherry picking?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:17 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 952, Cometbright wrote: Knott was voting for Black because of Gimli being scum - so I kind of count it as pseudo being on the wagon because for it to make sense he would have to believe Gimli was scum.
Bu that was not my reason for my vote, stop misreping me thank you
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:17 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 977, Kittiesecret wrote: Does anyone else find it suspicious that both black and VIP replaced out, when it looked like they were being looked at a little too hard?
VIP possibly, but not Black, as far as I can tell She is a good player and I believe she has posted about RL issues
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:20 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 977, Kittiesecret wrote: Knott, gives me scum vibes just all the way around. I have felt for a good chunk of the game his scum reads came from trivial things, such as someone was less active over the weekend, where most of the players including himself stepped away for the weekend. Demanding that someone participate, then calling them scum when they did. These are just off the top of my head, while getting back into the game. I will have to go back and do an iso for specific examples, if anyone would like.

Ummm no, at the beginning of the game there were quiet a few who were not in the game, you, Timmer and Gimli. Timmer even stated why they weren’t in the game with the AtE posts about not knowing what to do. Gimli also stated that they had not been paying attention to the game, I also believe you did the same.

So this would be your example? (I've bolded it for clarity)

In post 388, Afrayed Knott wrote: So for me the initial feel towards Timmer, Kittie and Comet remains in place, and I am not fully convinced by my town read on VIP.
The feeling towards Timmer and Kittie is more to do with their scant content
, but Commet is not floating my boat. I just don’t get a good vibe from the posts.

But then I did say this

In post 566, Afrayed Knott wrote: I Like Kitties reappearance, which is unnerving as it to me seems full of good observation, but I will reread it as I see others pulling it apart. Meh now my lim list has an issue.

And this (bolded again for clarity)

In post 577, Afrayed Knott wrote: Anyway. I really do not know what to think now.
I need to reread both Comet and Kittie, as their recent interactions have placed a lot of doubt in my mind about where the sit with me ratm
. I feel confident though that Timmer is a scum. Their re-emergence into the game seems contrived and this, if I am right, places a question mark over Black. But then I would like to hear from others on my post above regarding this.

Which I think speaks for itself. But if you want me to broaden this out the fact that players began to play and were posting content that pushed others such as you were doing, then I had to reevaluate my reads on them, which is my meaning in these posts.

In my mind Being away for a weekend was not a reason to call people out, especially if they set their VLA.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:23 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 951, Dannflor wrote:
In post 939, Afrayed Knott wrote: Hi Dann, are we then to conf TR you as you wouldn't take the role if Black had not been town, is that what you are saying?
that comment was mainly directed at Dragon if-town

he's basing part of his scum read on my slot based on another game that just ended where i was correctly scum reading black

I think I've built up a pretty solid mental model of black as a player since then, I'm not like infallible, but I'll just say I was pretty sure I was replacing into a town slot

do with that what you will
So we should not being viewing you as town. Even though your entry gambit is suggestive that you are and we should all sit back and let you be?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Hi merlyn welcome to the game
In post 978, Merlyn wrote: Yeah that's too many dumbtells
what's a dumbtell? for those of us with fuzz in their brains
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 986, Afrayed Knott wrote:
@Mod

I acknowledge that I have placed people at E1 without informing everyone, and I have confirmed in the rules that I have to do this. Please note that this is only my second game back after a long absence and my first game didn’t last long. So I am still rusty. Sorry
It's not a rule per se. Players aren't required to make note of voting to E-1. It's considered a good practice in Newbie games.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Dragon just so you don't miss it....
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 940, Afrayed Knott wrote: EBWOP scratch that question Comet
In post 938, Afrayed Knott wrote: But here is a question Comet, why do you think they had you in their scum pool?
it should be at VIP..
And this, but I suppose that is moot now he has pulled out of the game... Unless Merlyn can shed light on why her slot was viewed as scummy by Python?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 993, fferyllt wrote:
In post 986, Afrayed Knott wrote:
@Mod

It's not a rule per se. Players aren't required to make note of voting to E-1. It's considered a good practice in Newbie games.
thank you
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 994, Afrayed Knott wrote:

Dragon just so you don't miss it....
It's not role fishing

I literally explained why I thought that it's possible that someone would have a guilty because VIP thought it was TMI, which it wasn't.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kittie, I can confirm that my performativeness is personality, as pointed out by the now-confirmed town, Python:
In post 347, usesPython wrote:
In post 345, Aneninen wrote:
In post 317, DragonEater70 wrote: Python's hammer is really fucking weird wtf.
In post 319, DragonEater70 wrote: Wait
This is not a hammer it's a meme
lol.
In post 322, DragonEater70 wrote: UNVOTE:
Temporarily because I don't want more "memes" happening.
This 3 together sounds "fabricated" in my mind. I can't put my finger on it why, though.
DE always sounds performative, it's not really alignment indicative for him
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also I believe both Black and VIP repped out for NAI reasons, and would prefer not to speculate about it so as not to angleshoot.

(reason I am not quoting posts is I'm phoneposting, and quoting individual segments of a post is a pain on phone)

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”