Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Mandate »

I think I'm just gonna stop this thing I'm doing and start playing more openly again

My goal with this game was essentially to bait a specific reaction from scum. I wanted to build a townblock that was good enough to win to force scum to react to it but I also wanted to have a low enough obvious ability to generate thread presence and have for there to be potential weaknesses in that town block to put it forward and then wait for specific ways that I was expecting scum to try to dismantle it. I didn't really want to discourage a wagon on Dannflor because I wanted to see who would push it and why and what else would go on if I took off the gas. I remain fairly confident of the general strength of the townblock (thought it may have at most 1 scum, but probably doesn't). I actually am not sure if Merlyn is the scum-trying-to-destroy-townblock that I was looking for because I really just think she tilt voted me for not doing what she wanted (even if she's scum I think this is true) but I think that we did find one in Beeboy, who has not actually himself had much interest in pushing anyone scum but has been pretty continually attacking and shading townreads on people and implying that the townblock is scum heavy while not really being interested in instigating a conflict in any one person. The Meuh vote feels pretty done for the sake of doing things from where I'm standing but ymmv on that, I think 422 is pretty terrible, and there's a lot of tonal things that ping me regarding them.

I mean here's everything they say about Meuh:
Meuh had a strange opener, like the real one not the rvs vote, I’ll hold my breathe for now because I can sorta see myself over explaining like that as either alignment. But over explaining simple NAI things is more of a scum trait even if it’s not concrete. As I kept reading though I find it hard to care.
don’t really think Meuh has done anything special in all honesty.
I already made my post about it, I think there opening was wolfy and they have a few posts they got credit for that feel null or almost even wolfy to me.
#448 for example can easily be reactionary to the question and generally just make me feel Meuh looks worse instead of better.
It's... really not convincing, there's a lot of words that don't really say anything and even though this is supposedly the big scumread there's a lot of waffle wording, like "null or almost even wolfy" or saying something "can easily be" reactionary.
It's why i think the actives contain more scum then not?
In general if everyone is comfortable waiting to vote out a lurker you don't want to place a vote and thus shift the gamestate in a way that makes it more readable. A lack of readability generally favors the wolves since when playing at complete random I believe wolves tend to win statistically but I could be wrong.

basically stale discussion = discussion is controlled by people who don't care that it's stale = discussion controlled by not town.
This in particular just feels straight openwolf, I don't really buy that Beeboy feels that the game state is especially stale or unreadable on the second (third now?) day of a game and pretty much the only person who is openly waiting to vote a lurker is me but he stops short of saying it and even outside of that this comment is just so bad, like I am not buying for one moment a town says "a lack of readability generally favors the wolves".

Regarding Dannflor: the claim was made that scum!he just lazily townread me for having a strong presence. I don't think anyone has pushed us as SvS so I don't need to defend that accusation. What I have to say regarding that is that he -didn't- townread me. Explicitly. He townread someone else that I also townread but didn't give a townread to me. I had to prompt it and he still wouldn't give me an explicit townread, just a lean. In contrast to what other people say about him giving me an easy townread I think it's kind of obvious that he was never fully comfortable in that townread and I also think it's kind of obvious that it has to do with him alt guessing me as a strong scum player. And I felt all this as it was going on and it felt far outside the bounds of something that Dannflor as scum would think to fake. He was also just very, idk, in the flow on the first page of the game and didn't feel forced or offbeat at all and I'm very much struggling with anyone characterizing his play as wanton scum!Aggression because there's the interesting vote hop taly->Keyleth that I really liked plus the fact that he didn't really, like, push anyone that hard? I also struggle with the characterization of him as meme voting because I think he was continually providing game relevant content while he was here so the push on him just entirely doesn't grok with the ISO of his that I've read.

Anyway I'll VOTE: Beeboy now and spice up the game since although I really really would like to have waited at least a couple days for Alisae and others to do more things I think that my being hands off is just not gonna happen in this game.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Mandate »

I also wanna apologize and say I have a very entrenched default to they/them, am doing my best to work on it, I am being more careful as I post things so please be patient with me!
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by Mandate »

Not gonna lie I didn't realize I exactly copied Keyleth's phrasing oops.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by implosion »

finally

VOTE: beeboy

this game moves too fast :X
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 875, Mandate wrote: Regarding Dannflor: the claim was made that scum!he just lazily townread me for having a strong presence. I don't think anyone has pushed us as SvS so I don't need to defend that accusation. What I have to say regarding that is that he -didn't- townread me. Explicitly. He townread someone else that I also townread but didn't give a townread to me. I had to prompt it and he still wouldn't give me an explicit townread, just a lean. In contrast to what other people say about him giving me an easy townread I think it's kind of obvious that he was never fully comfortable in that townread and I also think it's kind of obvious that it has to do with him alt guessing me as a strong scum player. And I felt all this as it was going on and it felt far outside the bounds of something that Dannflor as scum would think to fake. He was also just very, idk, in the flow on the first page of the game and didn't feel forced or offbeat at all and I'm very much struggling with anyone characterizing his play as wanton scum!Aggression because there's the interesting vote hop taly->Keyleth that I really liked plus the fact that he didn't really, like, push anyone that hard? I also struggle with the characterization of him as meme voting because I think he was continually providing game relevant content while he was here so the push on him just entirely doesn't grok with the ISO of his that I've read.
Spoiler:
In post 117, Dannflor wrote:
In post 112, Taly wrote: how do you feel about
mandate
dann
?
i don't have a read on mandate yet
In post 120, Dannflor wrote: i guess ill take the keyleth route and say im treating mandate as town until i get evidence to the contrary
In post 248, Dannflor wrote: im townreading you kinda
In post 255, Dannflor wrote: it was directed at mandate

not sure what merlyn is referring to either

I disagree that you can tell that Dannflor is showing aprehension due to thinking you are an alt here. They simply do not say that so you are guessing here. Instead it looks like their posts are chained from their previous posts and they are not fully committing to a read because it is early in the game and that makes sense. Also being "in the flow" early in the game is easy for scum to fake IMO.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by Mandate »

Well, yeah, if they said that why should I believe it? I believe it specifically because they never say it yet it is clearly true.

Regardless, Dunnstral, you were voting Beeboy and you said you switched because no one was interested. I'm interested.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hm, they say "stale discussion" in post , and I think they were parroting what you were saying earlier, but I never thought the discussion was stale.

Sure I don't like their last ~4 posts or vote on Meuh.

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 881, Dunnstral wrote: Hm, they say "stale discussion" in post , and I think they were parroting what you were saying earlier, but I never thought the discussion was stale.

Sure I don't like their last ~4 posts or vote on Meuh.

Whether or not a thread is stale is mostly just an opinion.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 875, Mandate wrote: I think I'm just gonna stop this thing I'm doing and start playing more openly again

My goal with this game was essentially to bait a specific reaction from scum. I wanted to build a townblock that was good enough to win to force scum to react to it but I also wanted to have a low enough obvious ability to generate thread presence and have for there to be potential weaknesses in that town block to put it forward and then wait for specific ways that I was expecting scum to try to dismantle it. I didn't really want to discourage a wagon on Dannflor because I wanted to see who would push it and why and what else would go on if I took off the gas. I remain fairly confident of the general strength of the townblock (thought it may have at most 1 scum, but probably doesn't). I actually am not sure if Merlyn is the scum-trying-to-destroy-townblock that I was looking for because I really just think she tilt voted me for not doing what she wanted (even if she's scum I think this is true) but I think that we did find one in Beeboy, who has not actually himself had much interest in pushing anyone scum but has been pretty continually attacking and shading townreads on people and implying that the townblock is scum heavy while not really being interested in instigating a conflict in any one person. The Meuh vote feels pretty done for the sake of doing things from where I'm standing but ymmv on that, I think 422 is pretty terrible, and there's a lot of tonal things that ping me regarding them.

I mean here's everything they say about Meuh:
Meuh had a strange opener, like the real one not the rvs vote, I’ll hold my breathe for now because I can sorta see myself over explaining like that as either alignment. But over explaining simple NAI things is more of a scum trait even if it’s not concrete. As I kept reading though I find it hard to care.
don’t really think Meuh has done anything special in all honesty.
I already made my post about it, I think there opening was wolfy and they have a few posts they got credit for that feel null or almost even wolfy to me.
#448 for example can easily be reactionary to the question and generally just make me feel Meuh looks worse instead of better.
It's... really not convincing, there's a lot of words that don't really say anything and even though this is supposedly the big scumread there's a lot of waffle wording, like "null or almost even wolfy" or saying something "can easily be" reactionary.
It's why i think the actives contain more scum then not?
In general if everyone is comfortable waiting to vote out a lurker you don't want to place a vote and thus shift the gamestate in a way that makes it more readable. A lack of readability generally favors the wolves since when playing at complete random I believe wolves tend to win statistically but I could be wrong.

basically stale discussion = discussion is controlled by people who don't care that it's stale = discussion controlled by not town.
This in particular just feels straight openwolf, I don't really buy that Beeboy feels that the game state is especially stale or unreadable on the second (third now?) day of a game and pretty much the only person who is openly waiting to vote a lurker is me but he stops short of saying it and even outside of that this comment is just so bad, like I am not buying for one moment a town says "a lack of readability generally favors the wolves".

Regarding Dannflor: the claim was made that scum!he just lazily townread me for having a strong presence. I don't think anyone has pushed us as SvS so I don't need to defend that accusation. What I have to say regarding that is that he -didn't- townread me. Explicitly. He townread someone else that I also townread but didn't give a townread to me. I had to prompt it and he still wouldn't give me an explicit townread, just a lean. In contrast to what other people say about him giving me an easy townread I think it's kind of obvious that he was never fully comfortable in that townread and I also think it's kind of obvious that it has to do with him alt guessing me as a strong scum player. And I felt all this as it was going on and it felt far outside the bounds of something that Dannflor as scum would think to fake. He was also just very, idk, in the flow on the first page of the game and didn't feel forced or offbeat at all and I'm very much struggling with anyone characterizing his play as wanton scum!Aggression because there's the interesting vote hop taly->Keyleth that I really liked plus the fact that he didn't really, like, push anyone that hard? I also struggle with the characterization of him as meme voting because I think he was continually providing game relevant content while he was here so the push on him just entirely doesn't grok with the ISO of his that I've read.

Anyway I'll VOTE: Beeboy now and spice up the game since although I really really would like to have waited at least a couple days for Alisae and others to do more things I think that my being hands off is just not gonna happen in this game.

I’ve never once stated it to be a major read on my part and very close to my vote post I stated I see votes as a free resource to just use because you can. Like half your comment on this is stating this is a big read from me when it very clearly just isn’t. Do you genuinely believe what your saying here and what kind of town pressures someone by misrepresenting them it’s not really hard to refute.

waffle wording is a personality trait and is almost never alignment indicative. It’s largely just a buzz word used to push people. I guess you can just disagree with this though since it’s not an objectively false statement I am relatively uncertain of things.

There isn’t anything else here I think I need to comment on.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by Isis »

Previous

Toriel brought Dunnstral to the schoolhouse in the morning. Kids were flowing into the school building. Toriel noticed that unlike many of the students in the underground, they were all accompanied by a guardian, even for children that seemed rather old.
Toriel wanted to enroll Dunnstral, in a class for the youngest.
She found a class where young children were learning to write the letter "R" in the proper way on a piece of paper. The human teacher at the front of the class strangely did not describe the shape with any of the many, many creatures that are shaped exactly like the letter "R".
Toriel decided to wait until instruction was over and the students were quietly drawing to approach the teacher and ask questions about enrollment
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

I'm trying to read this game and I'm failing after staying up until sunrise on a national holiday

Only after sacrificing my body, soul and all mortal possessions I've found out that Street Fighter 2 Turbo has RIDICULOUSLY cheating A.I created back then to part little kids hard-earned coins from their wallets...from invincibility frames, unblockable moves, higher damage and physics-denying throws, I've never in my life seen such BULLSHIT like this...even PRO players apparently struggle against certain enemies.

Sigh, at least I feel like I kinda improved trying to win from it...

SF2: NC also seem to have a much more reasonable A.I that makes the game fun to play again...
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

I don't know when I shall return I need lots of sleep or something to properly function again

Goodnight~

The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

aristeia are you holding back this game for any particular reason
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by Taly »

dan
you dont seem interested in your wagon?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by Taly »

also i am having insane sleep hallucinations, this psych appointment cannot come faster
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Taly »

(I love the flavor
Isis
)
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Taly »

Man, I actually move a thread o_O this is wild ngl
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 827, beeboy wrote: I am kind of shocked people are town reading everyone, I guess I am half as active and 10 pages behind so I don't have a lot of the live conversations other people have to form reads but that is really just not the vibe I am getting.

Also Mandate why not just vote me if you want to? It's a costless resource to vote me hesitating seems weird in all honesty.
This is feeling overstated atp. How do you feel about the push I made on
Meuh
?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Taly »

mandate
should this level of anxiety be expected from you?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by Taly »

ari
do I get headpats or something
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:49 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 887, Dannflor wrote: aristeia are you holding back this game for any particular reason
Like there's 5 other things I'd expect you to be more concerned with
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 pm

Post by Taly »

ARI
DO I KNOW YOU AS SOMEONE ELSE
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by Taly »

Merlyn
feels too genuine to be scum
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:56 pm

Post by Taly »

Dunn-Sakura
Mandate-Ari-Shirou-implosion-Keyleth-Merlyn
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:56 pm

Post by Taly »

Now isn't the time to second guess but I can't say this is a gold star readslist

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”