Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Taly »

meh, it just usually helps to get extra perspective from people i consider to be the same alignment, it helps cohesion and leads to a consensus town needs for an elimination people are confident in.

im not asking my townreads for permission to vote, but it would be helpful if they shared a similar perspective on something im semi-confident in
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:47 am

Post by beeboy »

I should prob post my reads so people have reasons to retroactively justify there votes on me when they get asked about it.

Shirou - Town
Taly - Town

Merlyn - I get the vibe they aren't trying to incorporate themselves in the town block, please people with there posts, or push read, they are just posting thoughts which is generally a townie approach

Keyleth - Idk why they are here I just like there general vibes in there posts.
Sakura - Townie, but also feels super lowkey at the same time which makes me not want to push her up.

Alisae - AFK, not alignment indicative
Aristeia - Null cause Null
Brown Eyes - Initially town read them, but they feel disconnnected more recently, don't think it's alignment indicative but I don't want to leave them in my town piles.

Dann - Im not sure right now, I scumread him at one point but my interest in his slot kinda died off?
Dunn - My read on him keeps bouncing around but his push on me is starting to get boring

Implosion - Initially town read them but they feel disconnected more recently, but this time in a bad way.

Mandate - There push on me feels manufactured, I don't like there interaction with Ari, I'm not actually sure why this slot is globally town read
Meuh - Kinda icky slot for reasons already stated
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Taly »

i kind of want to hyper vote and go from there
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Taly »

truthfully id be scumhunting more if my brain werent still fuzzy and i werent a bit fatigued
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Keyleth »

Not gonna be here tonight but I would be ashamed if I didn't stop and wish Taly a happy birthday!
Make sure to eat some yummy food!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1276, beeboy wrote: I should prob post my reads so people have reasons to retroactively justify there votes on me when they get asked about it.

Shirou - Town
Taly - Town

Merlyn - I get the vibe they aren't trying to incorporate themselves in the town block, please people with there posts, or push read, they are just posting thoughts which is generally a townie approach

Sakura - Townie, but also feels super lowkey at the same time which makes me not want to push her up.

Brown Eyes - Initially town read them, but they feel disconnnected more recently, don't think it's alignment indicative but I don't want to leave them in my town piles.

Dann - Im not sure right now, I scumread him at one point but my interest in his slot kinda died off?
Dunn - My read on him keeps bouncing around but his push on me is starting to get boring

Implosion - Initially town read them but they feel disconnected more recently, but this time in a bad way.

Mandate - There push on me feels manufactured, I don't like there interaction with Ari, I'm not actually sure why this slot is globally town read
Your bottom 4 reads are the 4 people who were voting for you.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Dunnstral »

You have Taly as town I suppose.

At one point the wagon was:

Meuh, Mandate, Implosion, me x 2, Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1216, Brown Eyes wrote: dunn's vote on dann is odd given he scumreads ari and i'm pretty sure at this point a wagon exists on her
This is easily explainable. I'm not voting based on where the wagons already are, I'm voting based on who I want to eliminate. And I was giving Aristiea a chance to show her thought process and try to convince me one of my reads was wrong.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 1280, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1276, beeboy wrote: I should prob post my reads so people have reasons to retroactively justify there votes on me when they get asked about it.

Shirou - Town
Taly - Town

Your bottom 4 reads are the 4 people who were voting for you.
I know that, I don't think my wagon is town driven.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:20 am

Post by beeboy »

I think scum are either voting me or inactive right now.
And I don't think that's a bad way to think when part of the reason I'm being voted is poor content/lack of content when like there is multiple people doing less than me :V

It feels super strange to me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Then why is scum not pushing those players over you?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1284, beeboy wrote: I think scum are either voting me or inactive right now.
And I don't think that's a bad way to think when part of the reason I'm being voted is poor content/lack of content when like there is multiple people doing less than me :V

It feels super strange to me.
To me it felt like you were being voted out of PoE
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:46 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 1285, Dunnstral wrote: Then why is scum not pushing those players over you?
Easier to stay on me then it is to adjust your vote especially when voting me is generally accepted. Some people on me probably have real conviction Unless people think pressuring me with votes and nothing more is going to lead to results.

Like I can see 2-3 eople poeing out afks and voting me but how are 5 people poeing through multiple afks and low posters to get to me. But no way 5 people are voting me without a few just being opportunistic given what is going on in the game.

Also it's kinda unfair to say I can't scum read people for voting me when its a combination of POE, you not moving and mandate who literally ignored my post in response to there read on me. Where in that post I pointed out they literally just made some stuff up. Like why would I town read my wagon it's genuinely not a good wagon there is nothing redeeming about it.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh that reminds me, I have a fairly good guess about who Mandate might be now.
And I'm curious why you say his posts feel manufactured.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1287, beeboy wrote: Also it's kinda unfair to say I can't scum read people for voting me when its a combination of POE, you not moving and mandate who literally ignored my post in response to there read on me.
I mean the odds of multiple scum voting for you are probably pretty low just because I don't really see what scum would get out of voting together on you at this stage.

My vote right now isn't really doing anything in particular but I don't really have anywhere else I especially want to put it. I think I could be convinced to scumread Meuh potentially.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

pov you are alisae
You believe that you came across the best deck in the format and no one has realized it yet, not to mention the deck is fun to play.
Eager to play with it, you start playing online with it a lot you enter tournaments with it.
You wake up at 8pm, eat dinner, stream pokemon, take a break, suddenly its 6am and you think "well, there's a tournament in an hour from now might as well stay up and play"
you sign-up, you play 6 rounds of swiss (1 round of swiss is 30mins) and you go 5-1.
It's 10am and you remember you have to leave the house at 1 so you say "fuck it might as well stay up."
then you come home at 3 and then you realize there's another tournament at 5:30 so you say again "fuck it might as well stay up"
it is now 15mins before the tour, there are 140+ people signed up, and you are going to have to play 8 rounds of Swiss IF YOU DO WELL and then TOP CUT after that.

anyway so I'm probably not getting back to mafia games until I have slept.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 902, Meuh wrote: Beeboy voting for me is really confusing?
Cause seemingly he wants to shake things up to get people to acquire scumreads and also thinks there’s scum in active players… but like how does a vote on me accomplish either?
I’m not particularly active here, I have more posts than him but not even by a super significant amount and my posts haven’t been super content heavy, so idk how it fits into the idea of scum in the actives (unless “the actives” is the vast majority of players)
and I’m already being thrown out as a theoretical vote or an actual vote? Beeboy talks about the looming threat of a wagon on him or Alisae even though Shirou and I have had a much more real threat of one for a while? His vote doesn’t actually shake things up
It feels disjointed
I still hate Beeboy's vote on me and the gap between his outlook on the game and his actual actions, unless I missed something I don't think this has been resolved in the slightest
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Meuh »

I do still feel like Merlyn is just town and I'm uninterested in pushing there
I would act all high and mighty because I caught scum Merlyn in another game, but I mostly caught her off of the person she replaced's ISO so I can't even take credit here :(
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 1236, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1191, Taly wrote:
In post 1050, Merlyn wrote: I like beeboy. The push on him doesn't feel right. It might be town that's just happy to put there vote somewhere
I don't agree with
Sakura
or
Mandate
pushes.

How do you feel about
Meuh
?
Do you think they were scum driven?

I feel iffy. I feel like I am actually good at reading town Meuh. She's kind of spicy with takes but tends to be right. So I'm kind of waiting for that to happen and if it doesn't then I'll know
(I'm also very much pocketed by the idea of me having good reads)
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: Implosion
Let's nudge here, why don't we?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Meuh »

I do think that I have a pretty good read record lately actually, the issue is that I'm too busy being mislimmed to do much with said reads!
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Mandate »

1) I don't even slightly agree that I misrepresented you, the only thing that approaches misrepresentation was your vote on Meuh which I think I interpreted altogether reasonably

2) what's the endgame of misrepresenting you to get people to vote you to then decide not to Lim you without really engaging with any of your arguments as scum, like, isn't that just objectively picking a fight with you for no reason, if I'm going to derail as scum (why would I) wouldn't I be motivated to engage in this

You yourself commented that sometimes as town you cba to address people you aren't gonna be voting anyway and I have a particularly hard time interacting with you in productive ways so...

I think the take that your wagon was scum motivated is, like, 1.8/10 max on a good day from your point of view and frankly you should be way more concerned about people tmiing you town, your iso just objectively isn't great my dude and everything that is making you not get limmed falls into the "beeboy is wolfy but we think he's village for spicy reasons" category
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by Mandate »

Merlyn is giving me a headache

Actually this game is giving me a headache

I forgot that one of the consequences of playing mafia is your brain never really goes into shut off mode, it's so hard to relax, your head always goes back to pairings and events when you get a spare moment and it's exhausting to never rly disengage from
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Mandate »

Idfk who scum is lol
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1298, Mandate wrote: Idfk who scum is lol
Damn, and here I was hoping you came with a 1000000 reasons why someone is scum so i could sheep you coz im stuck too.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”