Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Mandate »

In post 883, beeboy wrote:
In post 875, Mandate wrote: I think I'm just gonna stop this thing I'm doing and start playing more openly again

My goal with this game was essentially to bait a specific reaction from scum. I wanted to build a townblock that was good enough to win to force scum to react to it but I also wanted to have a low enough obvious ability to generate thread presence and have for there to be potential weaknesses in that town block to put it forward and then wait for specific ways that I was expecting scum to try to dismantle it. I didn't really want to discourage a wagon on Dannflor because I wanted to see who would push it and why and what else would go on if I took off the gas. I remain fairly confident of the general strength of the townblock (thought it may have at most 1 scum, but probably doesn't). I actually am not sure if Merlyn is the scum-trying-to-destroy-townblock that I was looking for because I really just think she tilt voted me for not doing what she wanted (even if she's scum I think this is true) but I think that we did find one in Beeboy, who has not actually himself had much interest in pushing anyone scum but has been pretty continually attacking and shading townreads on people and implying that the townblock is scum heavy while not really being interested in instigating a conflict in any one person. The Meuh vote feels pretty done for the sake of doing things from where I'm standing but ymmv on that, I think 422 is pretty terrible, and there's a lot of tonal things that ping me regarding them.

I mean here's everything they say about Meuh:
Meuh had a strange opener, like the real one not the rvs vote, I’ll hold my breathe for now because I can sorta see myself over explaining like that as either alignment. But over explaining simple NAI things is more of a scum trait even if it’s not concrete. As I kept reading though I find it hard to care.
don’t really think Meuh has done anything special in all honesty.
I already made my post about it, I think there opening was wolfy and they have a few posts they got credit for that feel null or almost even wolfy to me.
#448 for example can easily be reactionary to the question and generally just make me feel Meuh looks worse instead of better.
It's... really not convincing, there's a lot of words that don't really say anything and even though this is supposedly the big scumread there's a lot of waffle wording, like "null or almost even wolfy" or saying something "can easily be" reactionary.
It's why i think the actives contain more scum then not?
In general if everyone is comfortable waiting to vote out a lurker you don't want to place a vote and thus shift the gamestate in a way that makes it more readable. A lack of readability generally favors the wolves since when playing at complete random I believe wolves tend to win statistically but I could be wrong.

basically stale discussion = discussion is controlled by people who don't care that it's stale = discussion controlled by not town.
This in particular just feels straight openwolf, I don't really buy that Beeboy feels that the game state is especially stale or unreadable on the second (third now?) day of a game and pretty much the only person who is openly waiting to vote a lurker is me but he stops short of saying it and even outside of that this comment is just so bad, like I am not buying for one moment a town says "a lack of readability generally favors the wolves".

Regarding Dannflor: the claim was made that scum!he just lazily townread me for having a strong presence. I don't think anyone has pushed us as SvS so I don't need to defend that accusation. What I have to say regarding that is that he -didn't- townread me. Explicitly. He townread someone else that I also townread but didn't give a townread to me. I had to prompt it and he still wouldn't give me an explicit townread, just a lean. In contrast to what other people say about him giving me an easy townread I think it's kind of obvious that he was never fully comfortable in that townread and I also think it's kind of obvious that it has to do with him alt guessing me as a strong scum player. And I felt all this as it was going on and it felt far outside the bounds of something that Dannflor as scum would think to fake. He was also just very, idk, in the flow on the first page of the game and didn't feel forced or offbeat at all and I'm very much struggling with anyone characterizing his play as wanton scum!Aggression because there's the interesting vote hop taly->Keyleth that I really liked plus the fact that he didn't really, like, push anyone that hard? I also struggle with the characterization of him as meme voting because I think he was continually providing game relevant content while he was here so the push on him just entirely doesn't grok with the ISO of his that I've read.

Anyway I'll VOTE: Beeboy now and spice up the game since although I really really would like to have waited at least a couple days for Alisae and others to do more things I think that my being hands off is just not gonna happen in this game.

I’ve never once stated it to be a major read on my part and very close to my vote post I stated I see votes as a free resource to just use because you can. Like half your comment on this is stating this is a big read from me when it very clearly just isn’t. Do you genuinely believe what your saying here and what kind of town pressures someone by misrepresenting them it’s not really hard to refute.

waffle wording is a personality trait and is almost never alignment indicative. It’s largely just a buzz word used to push people. I guess you can just disagree with this though since it’s not an objectively false statement I am relatively uncertain of things.

There isn’t anything else here I think I need to comment on.
I will make the claim that when a player who does not consistently type in the patterns that I am referring to types in those patterns it is a massive scumtell. There exist players who talk like that as town and for them it's null and I had concluded that it is null for you right around when I unvoted (because that was the teeth of my vote on you, you saying things that were "off" as opposed to the Meuh vote which was just more throwing fuel on the fire, it was never more than an oddity) and as for why I was disinterested in revisiting the discussion with you there were two reasons:

1) I don't really like saying "I had this read X for reason Y but decided it sucked and I wanted to do something else." I think it, I don't actually want to be saying it, especially in a case like this where the crux of my argument is something a lot of people would deem NAI (wrongly in my view) and I don't actually want to give people ammunition to discredit me in the future if I push someone on that basis. Especially because there was someone I had my eye on for similar reasons. Not that I'm consciously thinking about that kind of future instance but it subconsciously affects my disinterest in discussing it.

2) I'm sorta desperate to lock down scum and talking with you doesn't help me find scum because I'm pretty sure you aren't scum and when I switched votes I was already at like 70% and since I'm generally a universal townread there isn't really any strategic gain to trying to assuage your potential dislike of my slot as opposed to just moving forward and trying to find someone that I actually do want to lim. I can see how that's annoying/perturbing on a personal level and that's why I'm bothering now but I do believe the time I devoted to this has not helped town in any meaningful way, which I'm fine with but it makes going to this effort take a little bit of prompting.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:22 am

Post by Mandate »

Actually I think I exhausted my mafia playing energy for now so I'll see you all later
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1177, Dunnstral wrote: I took another look at Meuh, I don't think she is mafia

In post 1212, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1188, Taly wrote:
In post 1177, Dunnstral wrote: I took another look at Meuh, I don't think she is mafia
Please enlighten me because I keep reading and seeing mafia
Meuh tends to attract a lot of negative attention in general.
There were a couple of posts she made I liked such as and . And then their read on Sakura in , and seeming brazen for mafia. Meanwhile I'm not really hearing any arguments for why they are mafia even though it is being parroted.
The bolded leaves me curious. I understand some people's posting can leave a certain bad taste in my mouth and given this is my first time playing with people that wasn't the impression I got from Meuh at all. If anything, I thought that of Ari when I was reading her posts. Meuh's early posting, was mostly banter besides a few posts on how mafia works in my direction at and I think my biggest problem with Meuh is I can't seem to follow her thought process even though she's been able to show really well and drawn out posting, yet it seems like she doesn't follow up on it. Early townreads on Sakura and Merlyn with no elaboration before leading back into more mafia theory talk just seemed very odd to me. Maybe she was playing causally and wanted to pick up the pace but I've never really been able to shake this odd feeling even reading recent posting when she has started to put the gas on a little.

If I am under the current assumption that the townblock in my head is mostly correct, someone needs to make jabs at it or villagers to remove it, and right now Meuh is fitting that bill. Maybe we just disagree, and that would be great if you could help show that to me?
In post 1232, Sakura Hana wrote: Haha.
I wonder if it's just a me thing, i used to be very pocketable... dunno if I still am, but sometimes i get wary of townreads of me that seem to come out of nowhere.
Does anyone come to mind besides BE? I haven't really paid much attention in regard to the who has townread you deal but given how you seem a tad focused on it you'd be able to see it before me.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1235, Merlyn wrote: I do think I've been towny, yeah, or I guess I would change my playing style? I won't be playing with the goal of being spared. I win as long as town wins, so I'm going to do my best to solve for scum and to leave a lot of interaction behind if I get limmed or nk'ed along the way to help find scum.

Here's a question for you- what do you currently think of Mandate's 'townblock' idea? Both the idea itself and then what do you think of the group he's got.
That's interesting, I never thought of playing with the idea to not be spared, it's kind of been my only goal is to get a comfy townblock and get myself to hopefully readable enough levels that people would be fine sending me over. This is probably an obvious question but, I'm assuming you feel confident in your ability to find scum? Can you remind me who you feel iffy about right now?

To answer your question, it has people I townread, so I understand the idea behind a townblock, but I also understand that's the easy way for wolves to win the game and the current worry I have right now given the thread seems to be getting divided is am I getting played or is it wolves trying to break up the wincon. Honestly, I haven't tried to think too hard because it's not an answer I could come to myself so I'm using other people as a soundbored.

You talked about who you would replace into the current townblock that mandate has, but do you have a comfy 5 you would just send off at the moment, or some people you really wouldn't send off?
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Mandate »

Keyleth have you tried anointing yourself town leader and declaring that you are leading a Lim on Meuh and ordering your fellow townies to follow
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1255, Aristeia wrote: I have a lot of weird and strange thoughts and they're often wrong but they're funny to me so I hope you appreciate them :)
Hi Aristeia! I know this isn't exactly the quote in question or really relevant but I wanted to ask because I remember you talking about you would be comfortable taking a sort of leader spot and choosing who to send over with time, do you still feel that way?

I also remember you saying you're trying to be comfy and causal, correct? Is that still going true as well? Because opinion on you seems to be a very hot topic or at least, a relevant one so I want to know how you felt about the people townreading you and wolfreading you. Do any feel opportunistic in either directions? You're a slot I'm having trouble with because I see someone make a statement about you and go "whoa where did that come from?" So, I'm praying a conversation helps fix any unease I may have. :giggle:
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1379, Mandate wrote: Keyleth have you tried anointing yourself town leader and declaring that you are leading a Lim on Meuh and ordering your fellow townies to follow
That sounds like a nightmare please no.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Keyleth »

The idea of someone following a read I made and then I getting it wrong is easily one of my biggest fears in mafia, people are probably way better at making reads than me so I don't mind just sitting here in my little corner.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Taly »

Yeah
Key
feels town
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Mandate »

What if I lead the wagon because it's what you want but I tell everyone it's because I want it and you can have that layer of protection from the results of the wagon

Idk if Merlyn is town which I sorta think she is then I think Meuh probably needs to go which is sad because I like her posting
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Taly »

VOTE: Alisae
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Taly »

I think the
Alisae's
low WIM could be scum indicative.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Mandate »

I actually think Meuh started sounding a lot worse when she was (I'm assuming) taken out of her comfort zone by the direction the game went so don't take this as me lacking personal enthusiasm just

I am exhausted

I mean I agree on Alisae but I don't want to wagon them D1 unless we stall til close to deadline (which I'm perfectly fine to do I don't mind not majjing a Lim) and e still hasn't done anything
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Taly »

D1 is the perfect to be wagoning slots that -might- be scum and clearly the notion of going with a different philosophy is scum-sided given how many people have complained about a lack of scumreads.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Taly »

If you agree, you should vote or convince me otherwise.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1311, Dunnstral wrote: beeboy your view of the game feels unbelievable to me. I'd expect you to reevaluate if your poe was all players who voted for you not lean into it because your theory seems really unlikely to me.
Really? I don't see an issue with it if you're self-aware enough, what am I missing?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1386, Taly wrote: I think the
Alisae's
low WIM could be scum indicative.
My memory of Alisae disagrees. E loves to play scum, which is why i havent voted e out of inactivity/not playing.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Mandate »

I see the lack of scumreads very differently than you do, Taly, but I am fine with you voting Ali. I just think that we are actually in a good position and will find scum, it's more a question of whether there's a lot of struggling to keep the town block together on day if we mislim that makes me so antsy about flipping scum.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 1318, beeboy wrote:
In post 1311, Dunnstral wrote: beeboy your view of the game feels unbelievable to me. I'd expect you to reevaluate if your poe was all players who voted for you not lean into it because your theory seems really unlikely to me.
Idk maybe I play too many MU mashes where scum really do just pile votes down in large groups at a rate well above rand.
In my head its 1-2 scum on my wagon and 1-2 scum in the nulls or above which is reasonable to say imo even if the latter pool is people pushing me. I think the actual odds of there being 2 scum in a sample of 5 random people is actually pretty high as well :V

I maintain my stance because I think it's current 2 scum in my scum pool and 1 in the nulls feels reasonable to me. As much as there is a lot of ways to frame it as a bad take i should re-evaluate and I didn't notice how I was forming reads and sorta just doubled down when you made your post I still like buy what I was selling.

To address the more game based arguments made I don't think scum play around random Day 1 mid game vote counts that will be forgotten people don't usually VCA random mid points in the game from what I remember playing here or any of the other games I've played. I think that entire notion is more talk then something to care about in practice.
Like, to say Beeboy's line of thinking is wrong/they're making it up and then to post this feels really wild. Unless Beeboy is a really really talented mafia player who I should be looking at in another light.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Taly »

So does mine but I have thoughts countering that right now.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1394, Taly wrote: So does mine but I have thoughts countering that right now.
This was to Sakura
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Mandate »

I think Alisae could be afk scum but if that's the case I doubt that e is afk because e is scum because e has reasons (not good ones imo but reasons) for being afk
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1394, Taly wrote: So does mine but I have thoughts countering that right now.
I see, i don't have an issue then, but i won't join you. Just wanted to let you know if you didn't know.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Mandate »

Sakura what's your general readslist
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Keyleth »

Honestly I don't townread Sakura nearly to the levels most of the thread does but I'm gonna just trust that people can read her well and sheep it, but I think I'm finally caught up.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”