micro theme 1093: u-pic [game over]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Skygazer »

votecount 1.008

[ Theta Alpine | 79/100 hp ]
[ healed by: Meuh, Aureal]

WhemeStar (2) - kabouter wesley, HighPrincessErinys
Meuh (1) - Taly
jjh927 (1) - biancospino
IceDragon70 (1) - Aureal
kabouter wesley (1) - jjh927
Taly (1) - IceDragon70
Aureal (1) - Meuh
HighPrincessErinys (1) - Theta Alpine

not voting
(1) - WhemeStar

with ten alive, it takes five to chomp on some dust. day one ends in (expired on 2023-11-29 00:15:00).

mod notes:
- IceDragon70 is v/la through november 25th

order threat assessment board

#1 --> kabouter wesley
kabouter wesley
kabouter wesley
Townie
kabouter wesley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:24 am

Post by kabouter wesley »

UNVOTE:
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

┌────────────────────┬──────┬──────┬───────┐ │ player │ hurt │ heal │ total │ ├────────────────────┼──────┼──────┼───────┤ │ biancospino │ 3 │ 5 │ -2 │ │ whemestar │ 26 │ 0 │ 26 │ │ highprincesserinys │ 0 │ 1 │ -1 │ │ meuh │ 0 │ 1 │ -1 │ │ aureal │ 0 │ 1 │ -1 │ ├────────────────────┼──────┼──────┼───────┤ │ total │ 29 │ 7 │ 21 │ └────────────────────┴──────┴──────┴───────┘

In post 173, jjh927 wrote: I think based on everyone in the game appearing in the votecount, everyone has a vote.

It is more likely that either there is a role making the number to eliminate lower, or something is making us perceive it as such. The rules say a majority is needed for an execution but the votecounts talk about chomping on dust
to be fair
we also have the situation of there being ten players alive when only nine people signed up so
that seems extremely likely to also be involved in why it is five to eliminate when ten alive

not to mention the fact that secret alts were specifically not allowed to sign up for the game and wesley is uhhhh
well
made specifically for this game it seems like but still
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

I do have a theory on the existence of player 10 but other than voting the slot I'm gonna keep quiet on that too
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i mean if they wanted us to know they would have told us by now so

much like my own role it is going to be a question of what to do about it
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Taly »

In post 145, jjh927 wrote: What do you actually think of Wheme here
I didn't really detect anything that swayed me either way, I think they seem lax and that's town-indicative but it's not something I'd assert with confidence or without more information

I mainly thought that hurting
Theta
would weaken WIM but that's partially me projecting if I were in her shoes.

What do you think about the townreads on
Wheme
that followed yours?
In post 147, jjh927 wrote: I have a very good readrate on wheme
Then how do you read
Wheme
?
In post 152, Meuh wrote:
In post 126, Skygazer wrote:
[ Theta Alpine | 77/100 hp ]
Wondering if we can get Theta’s HP over 100
Why do you want to increase the HP?
In post 167, jjh927 wrote: Everyone please neglect what I just said. Theta Alpine will definitely die when she is killed
What is your read on her play thus far?

UNVOTE:
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

If my theory is right then it loses almost all of its utility if it's revealed
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Taly »

kabouter wesley
wasn't the player that /in'd right?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i mean

i am not gonna confirm whatever your theory is jjh regardless of if it is right or wrong
at least not at the moment

hmm
UNVOTE:

wheme do you have any thoughts about people other then me yet

p-edit
kabouter wesley did not sign up for this game no
and their only posts are within this game
so it is safe to say they are an account made specifically for this game
alter of rautherdir
kabouter wesley
kabouter wesley
Townie
kabouter wesley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:55 am

In post 183, Theta Alpine wrote: kabouter wesley did not sign up for this game no
folks make alts for games all the time :igmeou:
kabouter wesley
kabouter wesley
Townie
kabouter wesley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:57 am

i think we should take theta down to 50
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:57 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 180, Taly wrote:
In post 145, jjh927 wrote: What do you actually think of Wheme here
I didn't really detect anything that swayed me either way, I think they seem lax and that's town-indicative but it's not something I'd assert with confidence or without more information

I mainly thought that hurting
Theta
would weaken WIM but that's partially me projecting if I were in her shoes.

What do you think about the townreads on
Wheme
that followed yours?
In post 147, jjh927 wrote: I have a very good readrate on wheme
Then how do you read
Wheme
?
In post 152, Meuh wrote:
In post 126, Skygazer wrote:
[ Theta Alpine | 77/100 hp ]
Wondering if we can get Theta’s HP over 100
Why do you want to increase the HP?
In post 167, jjh927 wrote: Everyone please neglect what I just said. Theta Alpine will definitely die when she is killed
What is your read on her play thus far?

UNVOTE:
Okay, that's a lot of questions for me

The townreads that followed are kinda NAI to me in isolation, same as the suspicion of those townreads other than yours which got you a couple of town points. Might be worth coming back to them if down the line these slots are lacking in originality.

The best way to read Wheme is that his scumgame is extremely deliberate and he does things he believes will advance his win condition. Town wheme does whatever he wants to and takes whatever action he thinks is correct, but is a lot easier to sway and more amenable to engage with logical arguments. On a really surface level, scum!Wheme might see an argument that conflicts with what he is saying or doing, and acknowledge it but just say nah I don't agree. Town!Wheme will see the same argument, and even if he disagrees I think he acknowledges the argument in some light at least.
On a more advanced level, Whemestar is essentially a prime example of where my main townhunting methodology works best because in psychological terms, when town!wheme gives up some ground in an argument it is almost always informational and not normative influence that is the cause. I've played a lot of games with Wheme at this point so I've got a lot of familiarity there, and then I also think he's probably one of the more transparent players when you're looking at this anyway.

Theta's play is highly mech orientated at the moment but I think in a way that was intended to generate information, so I am leaning town but it depends what is done with the information when it is generated. Otherwise, because it's mostly around public mech, her play feels pretty NAI at this point in time
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:58 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 183, Theta Alpine wrote: i am not gonna confirm whatever your theory is jjh regardless of if it is right or wrong
My unshared theory on kabouter wesley? Yeah you'd have difficulty confirming that one
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 184, kabouter wesley wrote:
In post 183, Theta Alpine wrote: kabouter wesley did not sign up for this game no
folks make alts for games all the time :igmeou:
i mean yes but also
from the signups thread
In post 117, Skygazer wrote:
Alt Policy:
no secret alts, but outted alts are fine
the only way you could be here in the game is if you are the product of a role causing you to be added to the game
In post 185, kabouter wesley wrote: i think we should take theta down to 50
i have proposed a vote-equivalent method if people want to agree with it
which is to limit people to only having 17 unhealed damage on me each
in which case it would take 6 people hurting me 17 times to get me over 100 damage which is enough to kill me
and if we agreed to that then anyone going above 17 active damage is extremely suspect

course this does not factor in people doing healing to get to negative damage from themselves as well but i could try to figure out a strategy that works in a negative damage cap as well
In post 187, jjh927 wrote:
In post 183, Theta Alpine wrote: i am not gonna confirm whatever your theory is jjh regardless of if it is right or wrong
My unshared theory on kabouter wesley? Yeah you'd have difficulty confirming that one
oh
yeah i got a little confused sorry
alter of rautherdir
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Taly »

In post 185, kabouter wesley wrote: i think we should take theta down to 50
I love the chaotic vibe here but if this isn't based on a scumread I don't see the point

-

jjh
;) I can't make it too easy for you, we're
fAmoUS
after all

I just finished a game with both
Theta
and
Wheme
and neither feel totally different off first glance. They were both town, and I suspected both of them seriously at least once in the game haha...
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Taly »

theta
was mech-oriented too
kabouter wesley
kabouter wesley
Townie
kabouter wesley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:32 am

In post 189, Taly wrote: I love the chaotic vibe here but if this isn't based on a scumread I don't see the point
64 then
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

hmm
how about for each person in day 1 up to 20 active hurts for a scum read on me and up to 10 active heals for a town read on me
which is to say that the number for each person in the last column of the table i made earlier should only range from 20 to -10

this would result in
five people fully scum reading me causing me to die if no one else townreads me
otherwise six people fully scumreading me can overpower two that fully think i am town

does that sound fair to everyone
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

or of course you could go lawless in regards to heal/hurt on me but if you want to limit people to at least the same amount of total information that votes would provide then the above limitation does that
alter of rautherdir
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Taly »

I don't think implementing a strict voting system would provide an accurate measurement of people's read strength or confidence, and that it would not be too realistic to keep people in a specific range.

But I do townping you for trying and I'd rather not see your HP bar dwindling. It feels rolefishy to do hurt just to see what happens.

Speaking of role fishy,
jjh
, what do you intend to get out of voting
kabouter
?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 173, jjh927 wrote: I think based on everyone in the game appearing in the votecount, everyone has a vote.

It is more likely that either there is a role making the number to eliminate lower, or something is making us perceive it as such. The rules say a majority is needed for an execution but the votecounts talk about chomping on dust
Are you saying you think the actual number for an elimination is different and the five to chomp dust is a misdirection? That's just Skygazer's flavor, she likes coming up with all sorts of weird ideas there.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 195, Aureal wrote:

Are you saying you think the actual number for an elimination is different and the five to chomp dust is a misdirection? That's just Skygazer's flavor, she likes coming up with all sorts of weird ideas there.
Think it's like the opposite, that it SHOULD be different but 5 might be the real number.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any