Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

HEAL: Sakura Hana, Dannflor, Taly, Bingle, Alisae, RCEnigma, 6
Keyleth, Lazy Shirou, Ydrasse, implosion, ssbm_Kyouko

for me own recordkeeping
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Taly »

I have my 1 person I would request come after me but I don't want to NK bait them
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

So like...
Town!Dunn:
D4 = 8:3
D5 = 6:3 (town!Taly spared D4)
From here we would need 2 town before 2 scum, so we would need a pool of 4 consensus town arranged on D4 because of N4,D5/N5,D6 win (if the pool is 100% town)

I guess I am one of that pool of 4 and would need 3 more town - maybe it's doable
if
Dann is town but I'm leaning toward planning ahead to not be in town's interest

Pedit: not reading any of these pedit posts on my phone atm
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

taly please say its me pleaaaase say its me say im town say it so they kill me please
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3668, Lazy Shirou wrote: Dann has been pushed into the "townblock" recently and I do not like it at all

I feel like the pool is too big at the moment, we should restrict it more and therefore force scum to either get behind supporting their partner or compromise on leaving potential buddies out of the block
Dann is near if not my top townread, can you please show me why I'm wrong to think this way?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:47 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

N5,D6/N6,D7

Ebwop
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3678, Ydrasse wrote: taly please say its me pleaaaase say its me say im town say it so they kill me please
town
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3679, Keyleth wrote:
In post 3668, Lazy Shirou wrote: Dann has been pushed into the "townblock" recently and I do not like it at all

I feel like the pool is too big at the moment, we should restrict it more and therefore force scum to either get behind supporting their partner or compromise on leaving potential buddies out of the block
Dann is near if not my top townread, can you please show me why I'm wrong to think this way?
my jeebies are heebied
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 3673, Ydrasse wrote: currently i agree with kyouko
so what's your alternative?

Let the thread randomly compromise on someone again?

I'm not arguing for lining up spares, I'm arguing to actively limiting the choice of spares in the next days
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3682, Ydrasse wrote:

my jeebies are heebied
Don't worry I plan on sending you after Taly! :giggle:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3683, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 3673, Ydrasse wrote: currently i agree with kyouko
so what's your alternative?

Let the thread randomly compromise on someone again?

I'm not arguing for lining up spares, I'm arguing to actively limiting the choice of spares in the next days
erm i meant kyouko after taly for my list so far
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 3675, Ydrasse wrote: HEAL: Sakura Hana, Dannflor, Taly, Bingle, Alisae, RCEnigma, 6
Keyleth, Lazy Shirou, Ydrasse, implosion, ssbm_Kyouko

for me own recordkeeping
I was gonna vote heal for what it's worth, I just hadn't time to check the thread

I do think Dunn getting increasingly more silent as the votes piled up was scummy though

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3684, Keyleth wrote:

my jeebies are heebied
say it louder
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:51 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I'm down to talk about who not to spare regardless of Dunn's alignment which for me is RCE and Alisae, g2g for now though
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Keyleth »

I understand I am probably never going to be spared this game and I'm content with that and part of me has just wanted to, not really have a voice in this game cause my reads feel bad given I was on both of the wagons trying to show support but I also understand that's impossible.

The biggest problem is it feels like everyone here has some sort of history and trying to value my own reads over that history feels selfish?
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 3688, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: I'm down to talk about who not to spare regardless of Dunn's alignment which for me is RCE and Alisae, g2g for now though
Actually, this may be a better idea. Maybe.

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3687, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 3684, Keyleth wrote:

my jeebies are heebied
say it louder
I THINK WE SHOULD SPARE YDRASSE
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

How is Dann more town than Taly, Kyouko/Beeboy, Sakura or Ydrasse/Mandate? Maybe consider Alisae in that pool too if you've a townread there.

I don't feel like he did anything particularly scummy but neither he did something particularly town and the fact that he's been trying to get spared since awhile ago as far as I remember doesn't make me comfortable towards him

If Dann flipped scum I would be 0% surprised because his play so far aligns decently with a theoretical scum wincon.

I've said that I've a "guilty until proven innocent mindset", so my question is why would I consider sparing Dann over the above four/five at least as long as we've other alternatives?

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

It's no longer a question of "Why is this person scum" in this Mercy game, it's a question of "Why is this person townier than all those other alternatives?"

I can list off the main arguments behind all the five people I mentioned being one of the towniest slots, so what's the argument for Dann?

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3692, Lazy Shirou wrote:

How is Dann more town than Taly, Kyouko/Beeboy, Sakura or Ydrasse/Mandate? Maybe consider Alisae in that pool too if you've a townread there.

I don't feel like he did anything particularly scummy but neither he did something particularly town and the fact that he's been trying to get spared since awhile ago as far as I remember doesn't make me comfortable towards him

If Dann flipped scum I would be 0% surprised because his play so far aligns decently with a theoretical scum wincon.

I've said that I've a "guilty until proven innocent mindset", so my question is why would I consider sparing Dann over the above four/five at least as long as we've other alternatives?
The best way I can explain my Dann townread is he's trying. That might sound stupid but I can see the effort in his reads and that he's trying to solve. He came out early with a lot of aggro posts and then it cooled down. I think what really clicked is his talks with Sakura, they don't seem like a pocket to me? I can openly see how the game is difficult and Dann doesn't seem to be faking it to me.

I understand Alisae has told me Dann is good at being a wolf and the whole deepwolf theory, so I'm not gonna push for him to be spared because I would feel awful to be wrong on it but, yes he wants to be spared. Why would a wolf be so open about that ya know? Feels like a wolf wouldn't try hard to be spared so openly.

If you think I'm wrong, please show me I'm open to be wrong. I am surprised you think Sakura, Beeboy, Alisae, are better in that regard.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:08 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3692, Lazy Shirou wrote: I've said that I've a "guilty until proven innocent mindset"
I get you work that way, so can you show me why I'm silly for wanting to Spare Dann? You said he hasn't done anything really wolfy but he has the most points on my system then it's Taly and Ydra.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Regardless of Dunn's alignment, we're gonna have something like a ratio of either 4v3 or 4v2 in the last day.

If scum doesn't mess up, every single townie needs to correctly vote on another townie to win.

Even if it's bad to discuss who scum theoretically should try to nightkill, you do NOT want to let people go around considering spares without writing a thesis on why they're the towniest slot alive. You want to restrict choice and make people commit to their spares as much as possible.

Chaos and disorganization is likely to help scum.

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 3695, Keyleth wrote:
In post 3692, Lazy Shirou wrote: I've said that I've a "guilty until proven innocent mindset"
I get you work that way, so can you show me why I'm silly for wanting to Spare Dann? You said he hasn't done anything really wolfy but he has the most points on my system then it's Taly and Ydra.
I don't think you're silly for it, you may be right and I may be wrong on my town reads.

But it seems your case is that Dann is putting effort and although I think effort can often be alignment indicative, it's not the case for scum!Dann as far as I know, he has a good scum game and I don't think any of the effort he has put in this game is beyond what scum!Dann would do.

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

I could try to put forth the main argument for why the 5 mentioned slots may be town (Sakura having the most ambiguous one imo), but it feels like too much effort to me right now, I'm gonna take a shower and have dinner. Maybe later.

However I do think that all of them goes beyond "They seem to be putting effort in the game and their reads seems real"

I think you may be right on Dann but that does feel like a bit of a surface level reason to have them as your TOP town read. I don't understand how scum!Dann would look too differently from how he is behaving now and if he does have a counter-argument on why he would act significantly different as scum here so far, I would be interested to hear.

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Keyleth »

I guess I don't have the experience that you and others seem to have and maybe I would be thinking differently if I did but I don't. And, it isn't just effort, I get you can put in effort as a wolf you're expected to.

I just don't see Dan being fake and trying to make reads to put himself in a better spot? I read his interaction with Sakura and that looks pure to me. If you think I'm just wrong that's totally fair! Hopefully, you're just right and we win.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”