JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:57 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 191, shaddowez wrote:
In post 64, JupiterXV wrote: OK i gotta go now. bye gang i got some more stuff but business calls! see ya
What more did you have from stuff up to this point? Future posts only respond to posts after yours, not any thoughts prior to that.
I didn't actually plan on posting this, but I was actually starting to paranoia myself out of my hesitant Black townread. Better sooner than later, I guess.
Previously I had just considered her generally towny but I did some thinking on it and while I haven't seen her scumrange I was worried that I could just be getting played. i mean she kind of did pull up to the thread and declare herself the scum queen- it's an interesting approach with no direct reason for it beyond flexing. but it started to set off my internal alarm bells, because if she's so good at playing scum it means that it's harder for me to believe she's as likely to be town as i initially thought she was, if that makes sense.

alsoo what does the last sentence of this post mean?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:58 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 194, Aisa wrote: I am talking about post 69, yes. I also think post 159 is quite towny. Despite the fact we now know JupiterXV has previous experience, I am inclined to read them as town so far, partly because of the effort that went into post 159 and the fact it seems towny to me generally.
why do you read effort as towny?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:58 am

Post by JupiterXV »

wait that's a stupid question LOL
feel free to answer anyways though
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:58 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 216, Black wrote: Ehh I'm not sure about this. I can see where you're coming from
but one of the responsibilities of being town is trying to let others find you as town
. I think some people are naturally more self-conscious about what they're doing regardless of alignment
Also re: the underlined specifically

I disagree. The hypothesis that I've gone into this game with, and what's informing my play-style this game, is that what's "scummy" and "townie" is mostly arbitrary and incredibly variable from person to person. There's a few behaviors where there's consensus, but very little of it is based in objective fact. Through this lens, trying to specifically curate your image to be townie, as a townie, is an incredibly sisyphean task. This is why I've mostly stuck to asking questions this game, trying to gain some insight into how players view the game and then catching them when they contradict themselves to push an agenda.

My shaddowez vote here is a deviation from that, mostly because I think his specific phrasing there, and the specific reasons he gave, warranted pressure and further investigation.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:59 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 200, schadd_ wrote:
Spoiler:

vote count 1.3 !

T3 (4):
JupiterXV, Nono, Dannflor, Aisa
Bellaphant (2):
OutWorldER, T3
Dannflor (2):
Skygazer, Bellaphant
JupiterXV (2):
shaddowez, Afrayed Knott
Kurtapika (2):
Titus, Black
Aisa (1):
Kurtapika

not voting (1):
ProjEctRy

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to over-represent someone's malice. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-12-06 13:48:14)

moderateur notes
  • e
wait, i'm pretty sure i unvoted T3?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:00 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 209, shaddowez wrote: As a real answer, I don't see this as a worthwhile wagon.
HHUUUH
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:01 am

Post by JupiterXV »

explain please? all wagons are worthwhile unless the player you're on is obvtown
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:02 am

Post by JupiterXV »

(elaboration) like we're early d1, wagons help to gauge how players respond to it, and who's on/off the wagon tends to determine interactions and how players work together
i'd argue all wagons are important, and even if you're not on them you should at least talk about it (because iirc you didn't? and t3 is the biggest wagon)
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:06 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 223, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 217, Black wrote: Why do you think scum would say that out loud like that? Or do you just think he was trying to be open/honest and slipped?
The latter. Lying is a very mentally strenuous task, so telling a half-truth is easier than making up a reason as to why he's ignoring the T3 wagon. I think this is further supported by the fact that shaddowez has so far declined to actually give a read of T3. Every reason he gave for it "not being a worthwhile wagon" has to do with the people who are on the wagon. It reads like scum trying to avoid faking a read.
i find i agree with this actually
while we're on the topic of voting/wagons:
shadow, why did you initially vote me? can you explain that? just curious.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:07 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 225, JupiterXV wrote: Better sooner than later, I guess.
for clarification this sentence refers to posting the read and not paranoia but honestly early game paranoia > elo paranoia
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:08 am

Post by JupiterXV »

oh wait that's in reponse to #64 LMAO i am blind
sorry shadow i thought you were asking me for stuff that happened after my more recent wallpost since iirc i made a similar ending? those thoughts i didn't have time to express were articulated in my more recent post
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:11 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 229, JupiterXV wrote: wait, i'm pretty sure i unvoted T3?
i see, it's easier for me to find votes if they're at the beginning of a line and not placed in a longer post
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:12 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 236, schadd_ wrote:
In post 229, JupiterXV wrote: wait, i'm pretty sure i unvoted T3?
i see, it's easier for me to find votes if they're at the beginning of a line and not placed in a longer post
sorry! i'll do my votes in fresh posts from now on :)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Black »

In post 224, JupiterXV wrote: by the way, Black, could you send me the links to some of your past scumgames? you dont have to but i'd greatly appreciate it, even one is fine
Open 885

Newbie 2116

These are my two most recently completed scum games. There's one in between these but I had to replace out halfway through due to some unfortunate IRL stuffs
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:27 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 238, Black wrote:
In post 224, JupiterXV wrote: by the way, Black, could you send me the links to some of your past scumgames? you dont have to but i'd greatly appreciate it, even one is fine
Open 885

Newbie 2116

These are my two most recently completed scum games. There's one in between these but I had to replace out halfway through due to some unfortunate IRL stuffs
thank you
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 225, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 191, shaddowez wrote:
In post 64, JupiterXV wrote: OK i gotta go now. bye gang i got some more stuff but business calls! see ya
What more did you have from stuff up to this point? Future posts only respond to posts after yours, not any thoughts prior to that.
I didn't actually plan on posting this, but I was actually starting to paranoia myself out of my hesitant Black townread. Better sooner than later, I guess.
Previously I had just considered her generally towny but I did some thinking on it and while I haven't seen her scumrange I was worried that I could just be getting played. i mean she kind of did pull up to the thread and declare herself the scum queen- it's an interesting approach with no direct reason for it beyond flexing. but it started to set off my internal alarm bells, because if she's so good at playing scum it means that it's harder for me to believe she's as likely to be town as i initially thought she was, if that makes sense.

alsoo what does the last sentence of this post mean?
The Scum Queen thing is sort of a tongue-in-cheek joke that has been going on for months now, but I've definitely embraced it (if you couldn't tell :lol:)
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Black »

In post 228, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 216, Black wrote: Ehh I'm not sure about this. I can see where you're coming from
but one of the responsibilities of being town is trying to let others find you as town
. I think some people are naturally more self-conscious about what they're doing regardless of alignment
Also re: the underlined specifically

I disagree. The hypothesis that I've gone into this game with, and what's informing my play-style this game, is that what's "scummy" and "townie" is mostly arbitrary and incredibly variable from person to person. There's a few behaviors where there's consensus, but very little of it is based in objective fact. Through this lens, trying to specifically curate your image to be townie, as a townie, is an incredibly sisyphean task. This is why I've mostly stuck to asking questions this game, trying to gain some insight into how players view the game and then catching them when they contradict themselves to push an agenda.

My shaddowez vote here is a deviation from that, mostly because I think his specific phrasing there, and the specific reasons he gave, warranted pressure and further investigation.
I think I agree with you here. I just don't expect all townies to feel/play this way
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Black »

Jupiter what is your read on shaddow?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 154, Black wrote:
In post 151, Titus wrote: I won my first 6. How many are you at?
5. I guess I need one more to get on your level but unfortunately this game won't be it
If you do, I'll pass the torch. Might retire soon anyway.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Titus »

God, paragraphs and line spaces need reinventing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Black »

In post 243, Titus wrote:
In post 154, Black wrote:
In post 151, Titus wrote: I won my first 6. How many are you at?
5. I guess I need one more to get on your level but unfortunately this game won't be it
If you do, I'll pass the torch. Might retire soon anyway.
Don't you start with that crap
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 171, Afrayed Knott wrote: Outworld pushing a TR on T3 based on the premise that trying to jump start discussion is more a town thing to do. But couldn’t the same be said for scum, especially a player who knows how to play scum? Not sure we should take that as a way to read people. And T3 backs that up in .
Awkward.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 205, shaddowez wrote:
In post 204, Dannflor wrote:
SHADOWEZ
why are you ignoring the t3 wagon huh
Because he's my scumbuddy and I'm not bussing, obvs
Only scum with T3. The sass is convincing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 207, Bellaphant wrote: Black's probably town, I'm a bit concerned about aisa, one of the three people I don't know with really long names feels scummier than the others.

Titus isn't someone I'd lim today.
P-edit it feels like something I would feel worried about as scum, that's all.
How am I so townread? Not complaining but still
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:42 am

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 162, Kurtapika wrote:
In post 144, ProjEctRy wrote: Kurtapika - In this post you had Dannflor as town. On what basis?

By post 60, Dannflor had offered nothing serious or substantial to give any indication either way.

You refer to ‘as of this vote’. I assume you were referring to Dannflor’s vote on Shaddowez in the previous post. However, Dannflor offered no comment or reasoning for that vote. Dannflor’s vote didn’t seem serious either as Shaddowez hadn’t contributed much by that point to give a read.

Why would you think Dannflor is town based off of his limited involved to that point or off of that vote?

This is why I view Dannflor as town. The lack of need for upfront explanation and being comfortable to individually go and push/rxn in spite of his openly limited involvement reeks of townie POV to me. Essentially, a massive decreased incentive for caution. Doubt this would give any kind of good impression as scum. If it's a scum playstyle it's one I'd be unfamiliar with in experienced players for sure.
Hmmm ok. However, others players have done similar posts / votes and if Afrayed’s explanation in is correct - that this is just something people do on this site - it would negate any resulting town read from this.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”