Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:59 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 445, Dannflor wrote:
In post 441, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 437, Dannflor wrote:
In post 435, JupiterXV wrote: kurtapika's is good
no it's really not
okay wait sorry for the lack of elaboration
I like the vibes: it doesn't feel like it has any specific agenda. Just thoughts and content, and it makes Kurtapika less scummy than a lot of the other lowposters
I don't follow this take at all. My gut reaction to that post was that it was the most agenda'd post made in the entire game so far.

The two paragraphs at the end justifying a vote on Skygazer especially feel like a very specific agenda and not one that I think comes naturally out of a townie trying to find scum/town in this game
i mean, i'm not talking about the skygazer part. that one's weird, but i mean like the general vibe about it
..fuck this is hard to explain. i generally skimmed the post but the manner in which the content came out felt better to me than it was before, if that makes sense???
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 443, Black wrote: If scum is someone like Kurtpika then they're doing a really good job at seeming townie. You may disagree but I can't help that I get town vibes there. In every other game we played people were doing things I could point at and say "oh yeah scum could probably do that". I'm not seeing those same posts here. It's just a bunch people on their best town behavior
okay can you elaborate more on where the town vibes are coming from then?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:01 am

Post by JupiterXV »

i mean they're voting skygazer for a similar reason to me voting titus right? i'm voting titus to get her reaction, and prompt her to be more active
voting lowposters -> get a reaction from the lowposter -> make them no longer a lowposter?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 425, schadd_ wrote: Bellaphant (2): T3, Black
T3 (2): Nono, Aisa
Kurtapika (2): Titus, Dannflor
Dannflor (1): Skygazer
JupiterXV (2): shaddowez
shaddowez (1): OutWorldER
Titus (1): JupiterXV
Skygazer (1): Kurtapika
Black (1): Afrayed Knott

not voting (2): ProjEctRy, Bellaphant
I'm going to be honest this is a large part of the reason people might be struggling to get scum reads this game!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:01 am

Post by JupiterXV »

i mean i would've probably voted sky if i hadn't forgotten that they didn't exist
i think titus has posted so for now UNVOTE:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Black »

In post 449, Dannflor wrote:
In post 443, Black wrote: I think it's weird that you didn't show support or interest in my wagon until someone else took the first step, and now you don't want interaction between me and Afrayed because you're worried it might be TvT? Wouldn't our interactions be helpful in confirming your reads there?
I'm not talking about you and afrayed, I'm talking about me and you lol

please go and interact with afrayed there's a reason I didn't stop him voting you
Oh, my b

Yeah I'm working on it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:05 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 383, Titus wrote: @Jupiter, Do you have an issue with gut reads? I'm not sure what you want me to say. I'm not the type to use words to say nothing. If it's a gut read, I don't have a logical explanation.

I'm struggling right now due to the lack of efficiency with words. I may not contribute many walls anymore but every word has a purpose.
no, i don't actually have an issue with gutreads. usually they help me solidify my reads on other players
i just think that you've been here a bit, but haven't done that much. none of your posts come off as particularly memorable and despite the fact that i remeber you've been here, i don't remember anything about what you've done. which is why this read on you exists because it pinged a little spot in my head.
i'll reread through your posts in a bit, if you want (on "every word has a purpose")
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 454, JupiterXV wrote: i mean i would've probably voted sky if i hadn't forgotten that they didn't exist
what did you get from titus that made you town read her now

why aren't you now voting sky if that's someone you would vote
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:05 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 384, Titus wrote: Everyone, please try to use proper grammar. It's very hard to understand posts that don't have it.
is it okay if i type like this (without capital letters?)
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:07 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 447, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 442, shaddowez wrote:
In post 350, Black wrote: To add to this I think fading low information slots is probably a lot worse than someone who's flip could give us some insight into the rest of the playerlist
Following up on the above, Kurtapika is recommending a policy lim on low info players in , so why the TR and no questioning of this play if you don't like it?
i didn't really read it like a policy lim, more like a PoE?
Weird defense since this was directed at Black.

Regardless, PoE means process of elimination. That would mean that the decision to eliminate one of the group of people is because out of everyone else those are the ones they feel likely to be scum. This post specifically opposes that line of reasoning:
In post 335, Kurtapika wrote: The move at this point I'd think would be best lim the lowest posters over anything, I don't have a strong sr personally and I imagine it would be conducive to getting an overall better idea of who's solidly town when more of the table is producing content later down the line. Plus it'd root out whether we're dealing with scum on one of them or if and where we're going to be narrowing down existing townish reads.
V/LA on Weekends
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:07 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 457, Dannflor wrote:
In post 454, JupiterXV wrote: i mean i would've probably voted sky if i hadn't forgotten that they didn't exist
what did you get from titus that made you town read her now

why aren't you now voting sky if that's someone you would vote
i didn't actually see the content of titus' post, i just decided to unvote since the goal of getting her to post was achieved. after reading her post i acknowledge that i may have been wrong to scumread her so quickly and i should reevaluate her slot since her defense makes sense to me. i also recalled what you said about the general vibe about her posts

and actually i dunno why not LOL. sure let's have a go at it! VOTE: Skygazer
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am

Post by shaddowez »

I think I sounded like more of a jerk than I intended with the phrasing of that post
V/LA on Weekends
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:09 am

Post by JupiterXV »

is it too late to say I didn't actually read Kurtapika's post lmfao
sorry gang I'm a liar I read the first two paragraphs and promptly dipped2
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 451, Dannflor wrote:
In post 443, Black wrote: If scum is someone like Kurtpika then they're doing a really good job at seeming townie. You may disagree but I can't help that I get town vibes there. In every other game we played people were doing things I could point at and say "oh yeah scum could probably do that". I'm not seeing those same posts here. It's just a bunch people on their best town behavior
okay can you elaborate more on where the town vibes are coming from then?
I like his responses to people and feel like he's being open and honest. and feel good now that I've kinda let go of the feeling that his posting is awkward and forced. Then he dropped townreads on me and Titus even though we started his wagon which I liked. I guess this could be considered appeas-y. I hadn't thought about that until looking over his iso just now
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:10 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 391, Dannflor wrote: I understand the scum reads on Jupiter

I think they have a posting style that is very stream of consciousness and somewhat performative and I tend to scum read that type of posting style a lot. But idk currently I feel that is more a sign of personality than a sign of alignment in this game

But like I *get* it
true and real of you to say
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

jupiter where are your scum reads at
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:14 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 420, shaddowez wrote:
In post 288, JupiterXV wrote: never did i express a scumread on t3 in the posts they're claiming i do
Where do I say you expressed a scumread? In I mention that it feels like you found a reason to vote him, but part of your SR on me is based on explicit wording that didn't happen.
i was never voting t3 because i scumread t3. it was an RVS vote and it remained there for several pages before i removed it. in fact, i never had a confident sr on t3 at all. i wasn't "backing off" of anything because it was an RVS vote and i was engaging in conversation with him.
In post 119, shaddowez wrote: It feel like they saw some reason to vote T3 and have been hanging on to it. 70 sounds like they're starting to form a reason to back out of their vote, without having to look anywhere else just yet.
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:14 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 465, Dannflor wrote: jupiter where are your scum reads at
im pretty sure i talked about some of them yesterday

lowkey im not vibing w this so VOTE: shaddowez
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Black »

In post 335, Kurtapika wrote: I assumed to glean my reaction to it, to be blunt. More specifically, the reason it gave me the impression from town from you as opposed to scum was that you hadn't provided your reason upfront, and I doubt that scum calculating their actions would make the obviously contradicting move of switching to my wagon like that while giving a tentative sounding excuse, when it could easily be pointed at later as potential sheeping. It feels like there was a towny thought process behind it, like as if you reread my posts and felt something from them that made you change your mind, but hadn't been able to put into words yet. So essentially you were placing your vote on me to try and sense out further what could be causing that vibe.
He was right about this but I guess that doesn't mean he's town for it. I hadn't really thought about him trying to appease people but now I can't unsee it. I don't think this behavior is inherently scummy though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 447, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 442, shaddowez wrote:
In post 350, Black wrote: To add to this I think fading low information slots is probably a lot worse than someone who's flip could give us some insight into the rest of the playerlist
Following up on the above, Kurtapika is recommending a policy lim on low info players in , so why the TR and no questioning of this play if you don't like it?
i didn't really read it like a policy lim, more like a PoE?
also just to clarify this wasn't a defense i just saw people talking about PoE in reference to kurtapika's post so that's what i assumed it was about. LOL
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 233, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 223, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 217, Black wrote: Why do you think scum would say that out loud like that? Or do you just think he was trying to be open/honest and slipped?
The latter. Lying is a very mentally strenuous task, so telling a half-truth is easier than making up a reason as to why he's ignoring the T3 wagon. I think this is further supported by the fact that shaddowez has so far declined to actually give a read of T3. Every reason he gave for it "not being a worthwhile wagon" has to do with the people who are on the wagon. It reads like scum trying to avoid faking a read.
i find i agree with this actually
while we're on the topic of voting/wagons:
shadow, why did you initially vote me? can you explain that? just curious.
I knew I saw this post and have been trying to find it.

While you're claiming your initial post was RVS, in that same post you voted T3 you also asked him about his SR, which to me felt as if you were looking to make a case from the get go. Your responses to T3 in were very nonchalant, and felt as if you didn't really care about his answers.
V/LA on Weekends
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

ig can you resummarize them, jupiter?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:17 am

Post by JupiterXV »

i think kurtapika could either be LHF town or scum but honestly i havent actually read 335 cause idont have the patience. but i will now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 468, Black wrote:
In post 335, Kurtapika wrote: I assumed to glean my reaction to it, to be blunt. More specifically, the reason it gave me the impression from town from you as opposed to scum was that you hadn't provided your reason upfront, and I doubt that scum calculating their actions would make the obviously contradicting move of switching to my wagon like that while giving a tentative sounding excuse, when it could easily be pointed at later as potential sheeping. It feels like there was a towny thought process behind it, like as if you reread my posts and felt something from them that made you change your mind, but hadn't been able to put into words yet. So essentially you were placing your vote on me to try and sense out further what could be causing that vibe.
He was right about this but I guess that doesn't mean he's town for it. I hadn't really thought about him trying to appease people but now I can't unsee it. I don't think this behavior is inherently scummy though
my problem with this is that it's like pretty obviously the answer you are looking for from him *and* I think he goes a bit overboard with explaining it

I guess I haven't seen enough from kurta to know for sure whether this is just his personality or not, but I think his response to you could've been like 1-2 sentences and I'm left wondering why he feels the need to justify his reaction/town read on you so heavily, if not for optics
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 472, JupiterXV wrote: i think kurtapika could either be LHF town or scum but honestly i havent actually read 335 cause idont have the patience. but i will now
In post 435, JupiterXV wrote: kurtapika's is good
:thinking:

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”