JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:19 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 470, shaddowez wrote: While you're claiming your initial post was RVS, in that same post you voted T3 you also asked him about his SR, which to me felt as if you were looking to make a case from the get go. Your responses to T3 in 70 were very nonchalant, and felt as if you didn't really care about his answers.
no... why in the world would i start a serious wagon on page one... it was literally an RVS vote, i knew him from somewhere else before. this is actually wild
i talk nonchalant? i've been described as overly casual, overzealous, hyperbolic, etc. all the reasons people are townreading me AND scumreading me for just come down to my personality and how i present myself
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:19 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 474, Dannflor wrote:
In post 472, JupiterXV wrote: i think kurtapika could either be LHF town or scum but honestly i havent actually read 335 cause idont have the patience. but i will now
In post 435, JupiterXV wrote: kurtapika's is good
:thinking:
In post 462, JupiterXV wrote: is it too late to say I didn't actually read Kurtapika's post lmfao
sorry gang I'm a liar I read the first two paragraphs and promptly dipped2
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Black »

Speaking of appeasing. Jupiter feels that way these last several posts. Are you scumreading that too Dann?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:19 am

Post by JupiterXV »

hence why my response to you was absolute dogshit because i had no idea what i was talking about
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: kurtapika

Also, I was going to make a joke about our lovely cohesive VC but dann beat me :(
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:22 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 475, JupiterXV wrote: all the reasons people are townreading me AND scumreading me for just come down to my personality and how i present myself
In a text game that's based on reading into how and what is said? Absolutely
V/LA on Weekends
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:23 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 477, Black wrote: Speaking of appeasing. Jupiter feels that way these last several posts. Are you scumreading that too Dann?
i am not appeasing anyone
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:23 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 480, shaddowez wrote:
In post 475, JupiterXV wrote: all the reasons people are townreading me AND scumreading me for just come down to my personality and how i present myself
In a text game that's based on reading into how and what is said? Absolutely
yes, but i do this shit as scum also so it means nothing
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:24 am

Post by JupiterXV »

actually i wouldn't write walls as scum but yeah generally i would do all of this as scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Dannflor »

i am still wondering why you can't quickly recap your scum reads rather than vaguely saying you talked about them yesterday
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 484, Dannflor wrote: i am still wondering why you can't quickly recap your scum reads rather than vaguely saying you talked about them yesterday
you weren't asking me to...?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 am

Post by JupiterXV »

i can do them now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:26 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 465, Dannflor wrote: jupiter where are your scum reads at
In post 471, Dannflor wrote: ig can you resummarize them, jupiter?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:26 am

Post by shaddowez »

Had less time than I hoped today - ISO's and reads list tomorrow.
V/LA on Weekends
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:26 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 471, Dannflor wrote: ig can you resummarize them, jupiter?
oops you did say that. my bad
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 473, Dannflor wrote:
In post 468, Black wrote:
In post 335, Kurtapika wrote: I assumed to glean my reaction to it, to be blunt. More specifically, the reason it gave me the impression from town from you as opposed to scum was that you hadn't provided your reason upfront, and I doubt that scum calculating their actions would make the obviously contradicting move of switching to my wagon like that while giving a tentative sounding excuse, when it could easily be pointed at later as potential sheeping. It feels like there was a towny thought process behind it, like as if you reread my posts and felt something from them that made you change your mind, but hadn't been able to put into words yet. So essentially you were placing your vote on me to try and sense out further what could be causing that vibe.
He was right about this but I guess that doesn't mean he's town for it. I hadn't really thought about him trying to appease people but now I can't unsee it. I don't think this behavior is inherently scummy though
my problem with this is that it's like pretty obviously the answer you are looking for from him *and* I think he goes a bit overboard with explaining it

I guess I haven't seen enough from kurta to know for sure whether this is just his personality or not, but I think his response to you could've been like 1-2 sentences and I'm left wondering why he feels the need to justify his reaction/town read on you so heavily, if not for optics
He is verbose in a lot of what he's saying so it seems consistent at least, still no way to tell if it's personality or not. I don't understand why you don't think townies can be worried about their optics? If he's town and he notices a wagon forming on him I think it's normal to want to seem townie in his responses
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Black »

In post 481, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 477, Black wrote: Speaking of appeasing. Jupiter feels that way these last several posts. Are you scumreading that too Dann?
You seem to be intimidated by Dann or something and it feels like you're trying to appease him by putting your vote where he thinks you should have it. I don't think this makes you scum but I want to hear Dann's opinion on it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 416, Bellaphant wrote: 344

I guess it felt like it came out of nowhere: even in this post it feels noncommittal - it's someone else's case, but it's fine, but also you are commited to standing behind it...

I just remember you taking more stances than this.
It being someone else's case initially has no bearing on how committed I am to the vote.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "noncommittal". If you're worried that I'm being noncommittal strategically - because then it's easier for me to justify changing my mind, or justify voting whoever I want - I'm trying to reassure you that this is not the case by offering to do extra work. For example, if you suggest a slot you would like me to vote instead of T3, and I agree, surely this should help. If instead I refuse and decide to stay on T3, surely this should at least count as me taking a hard stance.

If your point is more of a generic point about my meta, and you just generally think that I'm being unusually hedgey, that's fine but it sounds like there's nothing I can say to change your mind beyond developing some reads.
In post 417, Bellaphant wrote: I don't like sr-ing you for something that feels like a state of mind I could/have easily been in day one, but :s
That's ok! I don't mind you scumreading me, just don't completely understand why you're doing so at the moment
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 402, Bellaphant wrote: They give me super mixed vibes? Their beginning posts were quite bad, I agreed with some of the middle, specifically about aisa, and then the lurker vote was horrible.
In post 479, Bellaphant wrote: VOTE: kurtapika

Also, I was going to make a joke about our lovely cohesive VC but dann beat me :(
I don't like this. Why not vote for me here over someone you have mixed feelings over?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Black »

I think the lurker vote is being blown way out of proportion and it feels like you're using that as the basis of your vote which doesn't feel real to me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:40 am

Post by JupiterXV »

hey sorry i'm back, had to go. i have another person i'm quietly suspecting but i don't want to talk about it yet since i'm not completely sure on it

titus' moved back to null. as i said: i'd reevaluate

shaddow's push on me is still incredibly weird. maybe i'm biased but i think my vote on t3 was pretty obviously a RVS vote and no one at all at the time was voting t3 seriously? it's not like opportunism or whatever, ive never actually scumread t3 (because as I said, t3's been hovering around null range for a while and going up and down) and i've made this pretty abundantly clear. not quite sure how to read them doubling down on this (because i'm pretty sure scum would pursue an easier vote? me personally i would go for path of least resistance as scum and iirc i'm commonly townread)

NEW:
aisa's dropped down in my readlist, a bit more close to scumlean. i initially townread them due to vibes and contribution but i've seen a lot of IIoA. the early posts were good but they've just been dropping in substance. their posts seem more homogenous than they used to be, more like they're just sort of just hanging around. like i said with shadow i think i'd expect scum to take the path of least resistance and that's kind of what aisa seems to be doing. also where the scumreads at... there's only T3. i think there's kind of the same issue i had with titus here except it's a bit worse because aisa is
more
active and
more
present than titus and now they're just defending themself from bella
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:42 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 491, Black wrote:
In post 481, JupiterXV wrote:
You seem to be intimidated by Dann or something and it feels like you're trying to appease him by putting your vote where he thinks you should have it. I don't think this makes you scum but I want to hear Dann's opinion on it
i am intimidated by dannflor but i voted sky because it had not crossed my mind in the slightest that that was a thing i should do instead of unvoting
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:44 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 496, JupiterXV wrote: but i voted sky because it had not crossed my mind in the slightest that that was a thing i should do instead of unvoting
this makes no sense
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 490, Black wrote: He is verbose in a lot of what he's saying so it seems consistent at least, still no way to tell if it's personality or not. I don't understand why you don't think townies can be worried about their optics? If he's town and he notices a wagon forming on him I think it's normal to want to seem townie in his responses
so, a lot of mafia (read: scum) player's first priority is to look town. This makes sense since their win condition depends on surviving until the end of the game and looking more town (or less scummy) than enough other people is the most straightforward way to do this.

town's first priority is to find and kill scum. town are not necessarily as prone to worry about surviving because they can win posthumously as long as the scum are found and deaded.

obviously this is a massive oversimplification and townies do obviously want to look town as well (and there are other complications as well)

BUT town's first priority is generally not to look town, it's to find scum. my general feeling is that kurta's posts were more designed to prioritize the former which i view as more likely to come from scum.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 493, Black wrote:
In post 402, Bellaphant wrote: They give me super mixed vibes? Their beginning posts were quite bad, I agreed with some of the middle, specifically about aisa, and then the lurker vote was horrible.
In post 479, Bellaphant wrote: VOTE: kurtapika

I don't like this. Why not vote for me here over someone you have mixed feelings over?
The answer is literally in what you quoted? Y

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”