micro theme 1093: u-pic [game over]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Taly,
apple-aligned flock of toucans, frugivorous feeders
, rapidly joined the endangered species list. and then rapidly left the endangered species list.

it is now day two, which ends in (expired on 2023-12-08 00:30:00).

salutations Taly! you are an
apple-aligned flock of toucans, frugivorous feeders

frugivorous feeders:
each night, you may target up to three players. assuming no interference, all of your targets that have a fruit anywhere in the text of their role pm will be randomly assigned to one of three neighborhoods. each randomization is performed independently of one another (ie three targets could all be randomly assigned to the same neighborhood on a given night). all three neighborhoods will be named "a toucan's stomach." you will not have access to these neighborhoods. you may target the same player multiple nights in a row, but you may not target the same player multiple times in one night cycle.

win condition:
you win if all threats to the apples have been eliminated. the game thread is here. please confirm by responding with a summary of your role.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Skygazer »

votecount 2.000

[ Theta Alpine | 100/100 hp ]

not voting
(8) - HighPrincessErinys, Theta Alpine, Aureal, Doctor Drew, Meuh, jjh927, biancospino, kabouter wesley

with eight alive, it takes four to feed fred. day two ends in (expired on 2023-12-08 00:30:00).

mod notes:

order threat assessment board

#1 --> Doctor Drew
#2 --> Meuh
#3 --> jjh927
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Aureal »

Support for my wesley theory continues to grow.

Sorry for whoever got eaten by toucans, lol.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 752, Aureal wrote: Support for my wesley theory continues to grow.

Sorry for whoever got eaten by toucans, lol.
I am sure you said it, but what was your Wesley theory?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also, I am numero uno hehe :cool:
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

"all targets who have fruit" in their PMs should be everyone who has a town (apple) or Mafia (orange) PM. So, y'know, no need to even say as much, if that's everyone in the game. But then there's wesley too. Who might not even have a PM at all. What do you even write for a sock puppet?

Well, it's Skygazer, so probably something silly anyway.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 755, Aureal wrote: "all targets who have fruit" in their PMs should be everyone who has a town (apple) or Mafia (orange) PM. So, y'know, no need to even say as much, if that's everyone in the game. But then there's wesley too. Who might not even have a PM at all. What do you even write for a sock puppet?

I hard claim sock puppet.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by Aureal »

You wish! :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

So at what point in Overeasy did I display such a difficult to fake emotional level, anyway? I thought I was reasonably level that game, though I probably pushed my reads more strongly at times than may be usual.
-furtiveglance
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 756, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 755, Aureal wrote: "all targets who have fruit" in their PMs should be everyone who has a town (apple) or Mafia (orange) PM. So, y'know, no need to even say as much, if that's everyone in the game. But then there's wesley too. Who might not even have a PM at all. What do you even write for a sock puppet?

I hard claim sock puppet.
This one could believe it.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

Should really look at all this later because this one just kinda shut its brain off for night
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

i was one of the targets taly hit
i did not end up with anyone else so i just
have a pt of one now

in other news
i suppose no one will be worrying about taly being scum now
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Meuh »

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Meuh »

Taly was getting obv townier and townier so I can’t say I’m relieved
Glad the role wasn’t anything super powerful though
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 761, Theta Alpine wrote: i was one of the targets taly hit
i did not end up with anyone else so i just
have a pt of one now
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Also was targeted, but I’m in a pt with someone else
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:32 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 619, kabouter wesley wrote:
In post 616, Taly wrote: then vote me because why would i actively incriminate myself by hard-defending a partner i could just hammer and cash in towncred for it?

you have 0 depth to your thought
hmm... you're right. jjh is scum, you're not. i can agree to that assessment
Tbh probably just true
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:32 am

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: jjh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:36 am

Post by Meuh »

Like I’ve heard jjh praised as a mighty town player who’s easy to find, and not to be rude but neither seem to be true here? They seem unenthused to solve, their posts that have been trying to solve are very meh and nothing they’ve done indicates town to me
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:37 am

Post by Meuh »

Taly’s role just sounds like a 3p finder so not targeting Wesley with it is ??????
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:44 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 740, Aureal wrote:
In post 738, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 736, Aureal wrote:
In post 713, Taly wrote:
In post 684, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 678, Aureal wrote: Hmmm

So Drew, tell me more about why you thought Wheme was being coached to lurk and not fight his elimination?
Just seemed like he was too ok with his lim, like I could see a buddy in that situation telling him to just act like you have no idea what is going on and don't fight.

But honestly, started to feel like he was being coached as I questioned him a bit about not having any reads at all despite what has transpired.

I might have been projecting how I would have handled things though heh.

Pre Edit: Theta, do you think this is something we legit should pay attention to? I have been kinda ignoring it so far
this feels too specific a reason to come from scum at the velocity of the wagon
I think Drew
needs
to pull out 'specific reason' here to have any chance of not throwing giant red flags all over the place here. So no, I don't agree with you there. This very much reads like an excuse to me because Drew has good reason to think I'm going to suspect him for this. Drew and I have played with Wheme before, in Weird Dreams which I referenced earlier. Guess who got voted out day one after doing very little and even saying a lim on him wouldn't be bad? Guess who fought tooth and nail against the limbait-Wheme wagon? I'm finding it hard to reconcile Drew's readiness to yeet Wheme here with his contempt for such things elsewhere. What was so different about Wheme here, Drew?
I have played with Wheme more than just Weird Dreams, and I have seem him much more engaged as town then here(admittedly I don't remember much of Weird Dreams outside of me saving Python and killing scumTitus at the same time lol). It wasn't until this moment that I remember him as the D1 lim there until you brought it up.

If memory serves me correctly, I have seen Wheme be very blase as scum in Pokemon? I could be misremembering that, but the point being, Weird Dreams had no factor in my read of Wheme here.

I already explained in detail why I thought they were scum here, if you don't like the reasoning behind, so be it......you do you. It was few hours until deadline and someone I had already voiced concern with was the leading wagon(wheme) and I didn't want one of my top town reads(Bianco) limmed, and to a lesser extent jjh or Taly limmed(over wheme least). Maybe I talked myself into it a bit too much, if I am gonna be self critical......maybe I justified it in my head, but he seemed to fit the pieces of a good scum lim for D1.
Pokemon huh? OK taking a look...

Gosh, he was so much more engaged there. Just looking at the first 24 hours of his posting there, I feel he was doing way more in that time than he did all game here. Or maybe even here plus Weird Dreams, though he did start getting involved while being wagoned right at the end in that one.

I'm still not getting how this makes you come down on the side of voting a lurker day one when the other wagon was also someone you'd expressed suspicion towards.
Comparing engagement in Pokémon to this game seems… questionable?
The gamestate here for a large chunk of day 1 was pretty boring and not particularly inspiring for a lot of players, which many people (including Wheme) mentioned
In post 517, WhemeStar wrote: You guys ever have a game wheee you have like 0 reads

This is tbat game for me
These sorts of posts about not having much to cling onto tend to be true regardless of alignment IMO and so in my eyes, it just makes sense for Wheme to be more engaged in a different game than this one with a rough gamestate, especially when the other game was a large with complex mechanics outed from the start: a whole lot more to talk about from the start.
Aside from engagement, there was tone (which I think Drew was more referring to here), which I found Wheme to be matching here
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Meuh »

Bianco/Drew/Wesley I’ve seen you all mentioning wanting jjh dead, come wagon em with me
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

I still just want Bianco.
My lazy day 1 solution is usually correct
VOTE: bianco

I was hoping I'd be dead right now but I think too many of the people who scumread me are town

The flipside is that I think that there were too many people scumreading Taly for all of them to be town with a Taly NK
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:05 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 767, Meuh wrote: Like I’ve heard jjh praised as a mighty town player who’s easy to find, and not to be rude but neither seem to be true here? They seem unenthused to solve, their posts that have been trying to solve are very meh and nothing they’ve done indicates town to me
Look at some meta rather than going off reputation and then get back to me

What you've got there is kinda empty and I can't really argue back when I'll concede I'm not as motivated for this game as I was, say, the earlygame of my last game. But I am exactly as motivated for this game as the lategame of my last game
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 771, jjh927 wrote: I still just want Bianco.
My lazy day 1 solution is usually correct
VOTE: bianco

I was hoping I'd be dead right now but I think too many of the people who scumread me are town

The flipside is that I think that there were too many people scumreading Taly for all of them to be town with a Taly NK
I think there’s a much simpler explanation as to why you didn’t die last night… :shifty: :eek: :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 772, jjh927 wrote:
In post 767, Meuh wrote: Like I’ve heard jjh praised as a mighty town player who’s easy to find, and not to be rude but neither seem to be true here? They seem unenthused to solve, their posts that have been trying to solve are very meh and nothing they’ve done indicates town to me
Look at some meta rather than going off reputation and then get back to me

What you've got there is kinda empty and I can't really argue back when I'll concede I'm not as motivated for this game as I was, say, the earlygame of my last game. But I am exactly as motivated for this game as the lategame of my last game
Tbh I’d like to see other people chime in with their own meta on you, forgot to ask for that specifically but I feel it’s pertinent, I’d rather explore meta that other players have than do it myself before that input

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”