Open 898: Don't Fall In The Volcano! | Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:32 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 216, DragonEater70 wrote: The wonders of having a 7 hour difference (it's 7 AM here)
Where is 7 hours difference from EST in Europe? I'm traveling there next summer for the first time.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:33 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Klick please sheep
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 250, Claptastik wrote:
In post 216, DragonEater70 wrote: The wonders of having a 7 hour difference (it's 7 AM here)
Where is 7 hours difference from EST in Europe? I'm traveling there next summer for the first time.
My location is actually outdated, as I am not currently in Europe :p

But Ukraine, Romania, Estonia etc. should all have 7 hour difference from EST.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:35 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 221, NekoLover wrote: Honestly my feeling is that you and black are both town and its just you two being extra picky over each other; the E-1 on page 2 seemed very random, and I have a feeling would've been hammered without much info if I didn't Unvote. I think sky is also another case of aggressive townie, my gut feeling right now is saying that titus and maybe klick is scum; Dannflor doesn't really rub off as scum but i haven't had the chance to really interact with them to be fair
You were right to unvote, but it's pretty rare to see a quickhammer that early on D1. It's done more for reaction.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 247, Claptastik wrote:
In post 202, Klick wrote:
In post 191, Dannflor wrote:
In post 185, Claptastik wrote:
In post 139, Black wrote:
In post 137, Claptastik wrote: VOTE: Black
On what basis? Do you actually think I was fishing for a townread? The townread was already implied...how does it benefit me to get him to say it if I'm scum?
It's not that. You're tossing out weak, rebuttable town reads and you're omgussy. Would give examples but I'm on my phone.
why didn’t you vote klick
...I quite like this actually
This reminds me of myself as town. I like having wagons on me as that generates the best information. Klick has a wagon, but he's not defensive, he's letting it get reads. Black OTOH has been hard defending all day.
Yeah Klick is my strongest TR, and with how Clap has been towning it up recently, they are a close second (Neko/Sky were previously tied for second place and are now tied for third place)
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 222, DragonEater70 wrote: Is there something I'm missing here? Why was Clap supposed to vote Klick?
My assumption is that I scum read black in part for tossing out weak and rebuttable town read early, and klick also put out town reads.

In 52 Klick did put out a weak town read on you.
132 - town read on neko, BUT it's "pretty solidly town." Contrast with black, who then said "I lean town there but it's not very solidified."
161 - you're now "even more town"

Klick is putting out stronger town reads. Scum!klick would have to later justify putting votes there. Black wants to look like she has town reads, but still be able to vote them later without much explanation.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:45 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 224, NekoLover wrote: Oh I missed the titus part; and while my read on Klick is partly based off black, I have looked back and Klick just kinda rubs me off the wrong way
Can you look back again and look for motivations in what he does? Feels don't work well in this game unless you have a long history with people (and even then not so great in most cases).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:48 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Clap are you an alt? You speak like a pretty experienced player
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 257, DragonEater70 wrote: Clap are you an alt? You speak like a pretty experienced player
I'm new to this site, but I played a lot on some topical forums that also ran mafia games. Some people there also played here. That was a while ago. I recently got an itch and went back, but those sites are gone or not doing mafia anymore. This place is so much better, e.g. the ability to show an ISO or multiple ISOs.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:00 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 254, DragonEater70 wrote: Yeah Klick is my strongest TR, and with how Clap has been towning it up recently, they are a close second (Neko/Sky were previously tied for second place and are now tied for third place)
Agreed, you, klick and neko look pretty solidly town.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Black

I don't feel certain about Claptastik yet but I'm pretty happy with this as the game-running narrative
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:17 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

What is "game-running narrative"?
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:19 am

Post by NekoLover »

Yea considering everything I'm now starting to feel like black is scum

That should be black E-1
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:35 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Cool

Now let's NOT unvote unless there's an actual good reason to. Even if someone (Black/Dann/FG) comes along and says "Oh my gosh are you trying to lim Black on page 11? This is so anti tooooown"

Because I am pretty sure nobody is planning to hammer before she responds and claims etc etc and before Dann has a ten-post-long monoluge about why Black is town and Klick is scum (BTW if the monoluge is any less than half a page, I am telling you in advance I am not gonna buy into it)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Black »

This case is worse than Dragon's :lol:

At least Dragon's had some nuance to it. This is just Clap going through my ISO post by post and applying scum motivations to everything. This could easily be scum. It could be tunneled town but a lot of these points are so questionable that it makes me pause. Like it doesn't really feel like he's trying to sort me. Most if not all of these things can come from town yet for some reason he's just lockscumming me? It doesn't feel like he's engaging in good faith
In post 243, Claptastik wrote: Follow up on Black:
- questions someone else putting out an early town read -
This point is laughable. If I see a townread that I don't understand then of course I'm going to question it. Town does this all the time and I don't really believe Clap thinks this is scum indicative. It's also funny to me because in Clap says he thinks reads are so weak early on that there's "no town reason to be throwing them out", yet for some reason he has an issue with me questioning a page 1 townread? The thought process doesn't line up

- doubts that people have enough info to have a serious read on her this early
- Absolutely, and I stand by that. Sky's scumread was a misinterpretation and Dragon's was based on me not engaging with his fluff posts, so I was correct. These aren't scumtells

- puts out a bare town read on neko - "Neko town" is the entire post
- This isn't scum indicative

- again doubts that there's enough information to have serious reads yet
- Do you think early reads should be weak or not? You seem to be contradicting yourself on this point

- puts out gut town reads on sky and dragon, now claims that the town read on neko "wasn't real."
- I had a reason for the gut town reads but I don't think it benefits the town to go into that

- excessively focused with the people who have voted her, votes dragon
- I was focused on the only thing happening in the game at the time. That's not scum indicative

- backs off the dragon scum read. More concerned with how she appears to others than with generating information to get real reads.
- This wasn't me backing off of the read. I was questioning it. I like to make my thoughts transparent

and and - hey newbie you should town read me
- This proves you're not sorting me in good faith. I already explained this and you straight up ignored it. The townread was implied. I wanted to get insight on the way Neko thinks about the game here

- wishy-washy town read on neko
- Again you contradict yourself. Should reads be weak or not? I don't even think you know what you believe

- detailed defense. Town getting heat early on D1 tend to just continue on and trust that their town game will become apparent in time. Black is focused on herself this game.
- I can't help but defend myself against garbage arguments against me, which is why I'm responding to this post line by line

- naked vote on me. Hey let's see if I can deflect the conversation to someone else.
- Naked votes aren't scum indicative

- just gross
- :roll:

- rolleyes response to klick, who made the same observation that I did above, i.e. town!Black would be towning it up
- I rolled my eyes because it instantly reminded me of something Klick did as scum in another game

- vote Klick. I mean WTF, why did you vote me? Apparently not in an attempt to sort me
- I think you and Klick make sense as a scumteam

This is a really bad ISO.
- It's not nearly as bad as you're shitty interpretation of it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:40 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Black how about instead of admiring the coolness of the use of BBCode inside quotes, you give me a rundown of who do ypu actually TR right now and why? I'm specifically interested to know who you TR out of the people on your wagon.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Black »

In post 221, NekoLover wrote: Honestly my feeling is that you and black are both town and its just you two being extra picky over each other; the E-1 on page 2 seemed very random, and I have a feeling would've been hammered without much info if I didn't Unvote. I think sky is also another case of aggressive townie, my gut feeling right now is saying that titus and maybe klick is scum; Dannflor doesn't really rub off as scum but i haven't had the chance to really interact with them to be fair
In post 262, NekoLover wrote: Yea considering everything I'm now starting to feel like black is scum

That should be black E-1
I'm having a hard time believing this progression. I don't think anything Clap said should convince anyone that I'm scum, and if you think Klick is likely scum then it makes me wonder why you decided to join the wagon he's on instead of questioning "hmm could this be a mislim?"
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Black »

In post 260, Klick wrote: VOTE: Black

I don't feel certain about Claptastik yet but I'm pretty happy with this as the game-running narrative
This vote is awful btw
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:41 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 263, DragonEater70 wrote: Cool

Now let's NOT unvote unless there's an actual good reason to. Even if someone (Black/Dann/FG) comes along and says "Oh my gosh are you trying to lim Black on page 11? This is so anti tooooown"

Because I am pretty sure nobody is planning to hammer before she responds and claims etc etc and before Dann has a ten-post-long monoluge about why Black is town and Klick is scum (BTW if the monoluge is any less than half a page, I am telling you in advance I am not gonna buy into it)
Yea I'm just making sure people know it's e-1 so they can't feign ignorance if they hammer
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Black »

In post 265, DragonEater70 wrote: Black how about instead of admiring the coolness of the use of BBCode inside quotes, you give me a rundown of who do ypu actually TR right now and why? I'm specifically interested to know who you TR out of the people on your wagon.
I thin you and Neko are the most likely to be town

I think there's one scum in Clap/Klick. Most likely Klick. Not sure if they are partnered but I'm worried about it. I'm not sure if partners would vote together like this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:42 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Yeah yeah good form and all

Pedit: @Neko
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Black »

Dragon why is Klick your top townread?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:43 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 266, Black wrote:
In post 262, NekoLover wrote: Yea considering everything I'm now starting to feel like black is scum

That should be black E-1
I'm having a hard time believing this progression. I don't think anything Clap said should convince anyone that I'm scum, and if you think Klick is likely scum then it makes me wonder why you decided to join the wagon he's on instead of questioning "hmm could this be a mislim?"
Honestly at this point I'm going mentally back and forth and I've realized I've dug myself into a very deep mental game I wasn't expecting
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:43 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 269, Black wrote:
In post 265, DragonEater70 wrote: Black how about instead of admiring the coolness of the use of BBCode inside quotes, you give me a rundown of who do ypu actually TR right now and why? I'm specifically interested to know who you TR out of the people on your wagon.
I thin you and Neko are the most likely to be town

I think there's one scum in Clap/Klick. Most likely Klick. Not sure if they are partnered but I'm worried about it. I'm not sure if partners would vote together like this
K

Now please explain why you TR me and Neko

I don't give a single damn about your Klick scumread tbh.

And we can talk about Clap later.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:44 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 271, Black wrote: Dragon why is Klick your top townread?
I am refusing to explain until I hear Dann's scum case of Klick, because I don't want to give scum!Dann an easy out from having to explain his read.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”