Open 898: Don't Fall In The Volcano! | Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:47 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 473, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 467, NekoLover wrote:
In post 466, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 464, NekoLover wrote: I'm still leaning towards klick/dann being scum
Why do you feel dann is scum with klick? Not explaining his klick read?

Not explaining his klick read, his weird interactions with klick; None of it feels really organic at all tbh
Instead of organic you feel it's theatrical? hope dann is delaying explaining his klick read, hope we know why soon.
Yea and if you look at their previous conversation under the light that DE7 shows (potential distancing) The shift in the way they converse after being called out for potentially distancing, with dann instead of suggesting klick could be scum, now is "klick is town but I'm keeping it to myself trust me bro" definitely feels extremely sus
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 472, FakeGod wrote:
In post 463, DragonEater70 wrote:Let me ask you a question: in the hypothetical universe where it is reasonable to expect town!Klick to unvote 100% of the time, what does scum!Klick gain from not unvoting?
Chance of a trigger happy town or his scum partner to place an "accidental" hammer and gaining a mis-execute.

In other words, a huge tempo swing for scum.
Hmmm

How often have you seen this actually happen?

The only time I've ever seen a page 3 hammer on this site was when a player self voted and dared anyone to hammer him, following which another player decided it was a good policy lim and hammered fully knowing it was a hammer.
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:58 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 476, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 472, FakeGod wrote:
In post 463, DragonEater70 wrote:Let me ask you a question: in the hypothetical universe where it is reasonable to expect town!Klick to unvote 100% of the time, what does scum!Klick gain from not unvoting?
Chance of a trigger happy town or his scum partner to place an "accidental" hammer and gaining a mis-execute.

In other words, a huge tempo swing for scum.
Hmmm

The only time I've ever seen a page 3 hammer on this site was when a player self voted and dared anyone to hammer him, following which another player decided it was a good policy lim and hammered fully knowing it was a hammer.
Definitely could happen, if people are just voting and don't count the votes to make sure that they aren't hammering someone
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

A lot of things "definitely could happen"

If you can show me one time scum intentionally eft a vote on an E-1 hoping for an accidental hammer (and not in games from 2004), I will be very surprised but will be willing to re-asses. Until then I'll assume this isn't a real scum strategy.
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:03 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 478, DragonEater70 wrote: A lot of things "definitely could happen"

If you can show me one time scum intentionally eft a vote on an E-1 hoping for an accidental hammer (and not in games from 2004), I will be very surprised but will be willing to re-asses. Until then I'll assume this isn't a real scum strategy.
I mean keep in mind as well I unvoted within 8 minutes or so; It's possible the other scum (dann in this case) wasn't online to hammer and claim its an accident
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 479, NekoLover wrote:

I mean keep in mind as well I unvoted within 8 minutes or so; It's possible the other scum (dann in this case) wasn't online to hammer and claim its an accident
So you think if you hadn't unvoted and we kept Black at E-1 and Dann was online, he would've hammered Black and claimed it was an accident?
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:06 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 480, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 479, NekoLover wrote:

So you think if you hadn't unvoted and we kept Black at E-1 and Dann was online, he would've hammered Black and claimed it was an accident?
Not exactly, but its definitely possible, and given how weird dann and klick have weird interactions in general, I wouldn't be suprised if dann was just offline during the small time window of hammering
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Black »

I started a new job today so my activity during day time hours is going to plummet. I'll have to do all my catching up at night (central American time)
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:12 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Congrats Black!
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:13 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 482, Black wrote: I started a new job today so my activity during day time hours is going to plummet. I'll have to do all my catching up at night (central American time)
Congrats! I've been on the job hunt for a while now myself
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Claptastik »

VOTE: fakegod
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:48 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 476, DragonEater70 wrote:Hmmm

Micro 464 is a game I modded where I saw this happen.

Town Doctor was hammered on page 2.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Claptastik »

Once 8-1/2 years ago is pretty underwhelming.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:01 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 475, NekoLover wrote:

Not explaining his klick read, his weird interactions with klick; None of it feels really organic at all tbh
Instead of organic you feel it's theatrical? hope dann is delaying explaining his klick read, hope we know why soon.
Yea and if you look at their previous conversation under the light that DE7 shows (potential distancing) The shift in the way they converse after being called out for potentially distancing, with dann instead of suggesting klick could be scum, now is "klick is town but I'm keeping it to myself trust me bro" definitely feels extremely sus
Dan does give reasoning in response to Black,
In post 323, Black wrote:
In post 316, Klick wrote:
In post 313, Black wrote:Klick's townplay is generally very good and I'm legitimately shocked he agrees with some of the reasons being presented against me, so I think it's more likely he's just scum going along with the easy counterwagon
I agree with zero of the reasons but I don't think that means you're town
???

So you see people casing me for like 10 reasons that you don't agree with and you have no reaction to it at all?
In post 324, Dannflor wrote: I think klick is approaching this in a way that doesn’t optically make him look very good

Clap intentionally is
In post 332, Dannflor wrote:
In post 327, Black wrote: I just think it seems really convenient to hop on my wagon despite not agreeing with any of the reasons why I could be scum
right doesnt that look opticLly bad?

like why not invent his own unique overjustified case?

oh wait that was claptastic who did that
In post 333, Black wrote: VOTE: Claptastik
In this sequence Black rightfully calls out Klick for following along with reasoning he doesn't agree to vote her. Dann comes in defending Klick by saying Klick's moves look bad, convincing Black to vote Clap. If Dann is scum with Klick then he successfully made Klick's bad moves look town.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:04 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 488, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 475, NekoLover wrote:

Dan does give reasoning in response to Black,
In post 323, Black wrote:
In post 316, Klick wrote:
In post 313, Black wrote:Klick's townplay is generally very good and I'm legitimately shocked he agrees with some of the reasons being presented against me, so I think it's more likely he's just scum going along with the easy counterwagon
I agree with zero of the reasons but I don't think that means you're town
???

So you see people casing me for like 10 reasons that you don't agree with and you have no reaction to it at all?
In post 324, Dannflor wrote: I think klick is approaching this in a way that doesn’t optically make him look very good

Clap intentionally is
In post 332, Dannflor wrote:
In post 327, Black wrote: I just think it seems really convenient to hop on my wagon despite not agreeing with any of the reasons why I could be scum
right doesnt that look opticLly bad?

like why not invent his own unique overjustified case?

oh wait that was claptastic who did that
In post 333, Black wrote: VOTE: Claptastik
In this sequence Black rightfully calls out Klick for following along with reasoning he doesn't agree with to vote her. Dann comes in defending Klick by saying Klick's moves look bad, convincing Black to vote Clap. If Dann is scum with Klick then he successfully made Klick's bad moves look town.
EBWOP
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Klick »

Just got off work, I'm exhausted, I've skimmed everything and will give proper responses to the backlog when I'm more alive. But I'm alright to give front-of-the-mind thoughts

The topic I'm most interested in right now is the pressure from FakeGod on me for the Black E-1, and Kawaii's interest in it. If anyone wants to have a dialogue about that atm I'm present for it

In very brief: I was vaguely aware that Black was at E-1. I didn't care that much about it. In the very early stages of the game I find that sort of stuff somewhat amusing. If people want to do crazy stuff early on, that's their prerogative. Ultimately there's stuff to read into that sort of play. The E-1 contributed to us progressing the thread in a healthy way.

tl;dr risk-averse play during RVS is for losers.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Black »

In post 483, DragonEater70 wrote: Congrats Black!
In post 484, NekoLover wrote:
In post 482, Black wrote: I started a new job today so my activity during day time hours is going to plummet. I'll have to do all my catching up at night (central American time)
Congrats! I've been on the job hunt for a while now myself
Thanks guys! And good luck Neko!

I'm on lunch break now but there's not much to respond to

I agree that Klick not unvoting me right away isn't all that scummy. It's a little anti-town maybe but I don't think it implicates him as scum. I had an issue with Sky not unvoting because she directly acknowledged that I was at e-1 and didn't seem to care if I was faded or not. That plus (what I thought at the time) was a weird townread of Dragon made me vote there
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Black »

Right now I think I'm ok fading within {Fake, Klick} and maaaaybe Kawaii but like I said earlier I think I want to see more from him before throwing him off a cliff
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Klick »

KawaiiKame posted something about my read on FakeGod not making sense to them

I acknowledge that FakeGod had some content in their ISO that looked like solving on the surface
My point was rather that the content itself felt forced, felt like it was driven by what FakeGod wanted to push into the thread rather than what FakeGod thought. It felt like the purpose of their posting was to look a certain way, as opposed to just solving. And that bothered me.

Their posting still feels this way to me, and it feels like more than just a playstyle issue.

@KawaiiKame: If you didn't get my reasoning on FakeGod, what did you think of Black seeing my reasoning and going 'oh yeah, I was thinking that as well'? I took that as validation that what I was seeing had tangibility, which is why I'm confused that you've not said anything about it
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:28 am

Post by FakeGod »

If I get heat for it, then so be it.

But it's anti-town and I'm calling it out.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Klick »

During my lunch break I skimmed and thought Kawaii looked towny. I'm not really in a place to try to validate that thought atm tho
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Klick »

In post 494, FakeGod wrote: If I get heat for it, then so be it.

I give this a resounding 'meh'
I'm having fun
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Skygazer »

sorry sorry

i guess i'd lean fakegod here because his townread on me felt off
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 493, Klick wrote: I acknowledge that FakeGod had some content in their ISO that looked like solving on the surface
My point was rather that the content itself felt forced, felt like it was driven by what FakeGod wanted to push into the thread rather than what FakeGod thought.
It felt like the purpose of their posting was to look a certain way, as opposed to just solving. And that bothered me.

Their posting still feels this way to me, and it feels like more than just a playstyle issue.
Along those lines, I would think it took him significant time to find that game from 8 years ago.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 494, FakeGod wrote: If I get heat for it, then so be it.

Why did you not have any issue with Dragon or sky not caring that I was at e-1? Like what specifically makes you want to single out Klick here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”