Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:18 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

it also forces roden into a lose-lose situation later if they get converted where they have to play against their new wincon basically no matter what they do potentially
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:21 pm

Post by Maestro »

omfg I just realized it's 4

4 of us

ugh no wonder my brain has been melting, it's 4 of the same ppl trying to sort ffs goodnight
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1066, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1059, Roden wrote: Ok that's enough paranoia, I'm the streamer. I can choose to self-watch each night, and then mod-confirm who visited me during the day. I thought it would also confirm my real name as well, but I'm kinda glad it didn't.

I plan to do this every day, so I'm effectively perma-cleared as town as long as no one visits me or we can determine that anyone who has visited me is also town.

I think Finley should claim btw. Who they are and what they targeted me with.
If you get converted, it outs the converter too
Spoiler: yep
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1077, Roden wrote:
In post 1066, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1059, Roden wrote: Ok that's enough paranoia, I'm the streamer. I can choose to self-watch each night, and then mod-confirm who visited me during the day. I thought it would also confirm my real name as well, but I'm kinda glad it didn't.

I plan to do this every day, so I'm effectively perma-cleared as town as long as no one visits me or we can determine that anyone who has visited me is also town.

I think Finley should claim btw. Who they are and what they targeted me with.
If you get converted, it outs the converter too
Spoiler: yep
That means you would lose your team member probably
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If you’re converted, you don’t win with town anymore
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 1073, Flavor Leaf wrote:Finlay could have converted them Night 1, but like I said, I don’t see the purpose of Roden using that role if that happened, so I think Finlay didn’t use a converting action.

what I meant (which you kinda dance around here & which I think Theata said/understood better) is that
depdndingon when Cult/conversion occurs or when ppl get told they were converted
Roden almost certainly goes into next Day phase knowing he's Cult/converted, yes? so
if converted at any point
it's not only "I don't see the purpose of Roden using this ability here" it's much more like it is
playing against his wincon
to activate his ability, confirming that somebody visited him, insinuating he was converted, etc.

so yes he's confTown for now, but I dislike this role being here & think it produces poor questions about the setup/state of the game when questions like this come up? i know it's always just "they could be lying" but ew, no, I don't think it's unique & fun I think it's overly-confusing, muddies the waters, & yeah the game's bastard, but ugh i feel like ay a certain point we can't figure it out
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by Roden »

This problem is solved by me just claiming my real name. Or at least, it's in my best interest to do so. I haven't done that yet since I want to know what Finley's intentions were and if they knew who they were targeting.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:29 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

most likely what you would do then is just
not use the mod confirmation if you get converted to preserve your team and thus only get limmed yourself
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:31 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1081, Roden wrote: This problem is solved by me just claiming my real name. Or at least, it's in my best interest to do so. I haven't done that yet since I want to know what Finley's intentions were and if they knew who they were targeting.
that

you know what fair enough

that actually increases the odds of one of the unrecruitables getting hit and also gives us someone cult cannot touch for reasons other then being unrecruitable directly
alter of rautherdir
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:32 pm

Post by Maestro »

there's a difference between "oh this mechanic plays w/ the fun nature of 'informed minorirty vs. uninformed majority' haha!" & "this warps my brain around the rules & the absolute lowest-rung of grammar & legalese & solving, it's kinda unfun, complicates the game in a way i didn't want, frustrates me to have to deal w/ whether a lie or truth," etc.

PE: that's my poijnt Theta, but now since we know their role a refusal to activate is a legitimate Scumclaim, IMO, like not "haha this is a Scumclaim, don't do that ya goof" like, it would legit be compelled out of them, i feel like, but is this WIFOM now.? bc any of us are thinking'/saying this does that mean it's bS? I legit don't know bc fukkin Cults

PE2: dumb again, how is this solved by Roden claiming reakname...?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1080, Maestro wrote:
In post 1073, Flavor Leaf wrote:Finlay could have converted them Night 1, but like I said, I don’t see the purpose of Roden using that role if that happened, so I think Finlay didn’t use a converting action.

what I meant (which you kinda dance around here & which I think Theata said/understood better) is that
depdndingon when Cult/conversion occurs or when ppl get told they were converted
Roden almost certainly goes into next Day phase knowing he's Cult/converted, yes? so
if converted at any point
it's not only "I don't see the purpose of Roden using this ability here" it's much more like it is
playing against his wincon
to activate his ability, confirming that somebody visited him, insinuating he was converted, etc.

so yes he's confTown for now, but I dislike this role being here & think it produces poor questions about the setup/state of the game when questions like this come up? i know it's always just "they could be lying" but ew, no, I don't think it's unique & fun I think it's overly-confusing, muddies the waters, & yeah the game's bastard, but ugh i feel like ay a certain point we can't figure it out
There’s the WIFOM of it all too, so like because Roden does this, as a converted, they will do it even if then, and there’s a defense.

I agree, it’s a weird role, but I like it in theory. There just is that weird anti win con possibility, and I think Roden protected themselves with it now so it wouldn’t be anti win con if they do get converted.

Claiming Real Name would prevent all of that, but it also narrows the pool of unknown names.

I also don’t think Finley needs to claim from Roden’s POV, because Roden would know if they got converted here, and thus don’t need to out their converter, and if Roden didn’t get converted, they know that Finley isn’t cult converting them. (Still could be cult)

I’m intrigued by the role on an experimental level—i don’t think i like it, but as I said, cult sucks.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:35 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1084, Maestro wrote: dumb again, how is this solved by Roden claiming reakname...?
roden has put himself in a situation where if converted he kinda has to immediately reveal that he got converted
if cult know his real name and can thus choose if they recruit him specifically or not
are they going to recruit him or not
alter of rautherdir
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:37 pm

Post by Maestro »

the things i dislike/am ruminating on about the role claimecda are legit NAI & I'd be saying them no matter what, btw, so unfortunately this is kinda moot, I feel like

PE: finally, i feel understood

PE2: uh... idk are you actually asking me?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:39 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think I’m done thinking about it

It’s pure WIFOM
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:40 pm

Post by Thomith »

I kinda want to claim the last part of my role because idk how to best use it but I'm not sure if it's too soon to be claiming as much as we are? Idk
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:40 pm

Post by Roden »

I'm mainly just interested if Finley targeted randomly or intentionally. I doubt they'll claim tbh, but if anything we can ask about it later if we end up in a real name mass claim situation.

I do think it's worth pointing out though that if scum do have multiple factional abilities like someone suggested a few pages back, it's likely they have a kill and will probably shoot me. But it's probably a good idea to force it out early if it exists, so it isn't the end of the world if I die.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:42 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 1090, Roden wrote: I'm mainly just interested if Finley targeted randomly or intentionally. I doubt they'll claim tbh, but if anything we can ask about it later if we end up in a real name mass claim situation.

I do think it's worth pointing out though that if scum do have multiple factional abilities like someone suggested a few pages back, it's likely they have a kill and will probably shoot me. But it's probably a good idea to force it out early if it exists, so it isn't the end of the world if I die.
My role PM implies that there are multiple chats in the game thay people can use. It also seems to imply that there are multiple groups of people that share an action.

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:46 pm

Post by Maestro »

we know the first one to be true already; hood has been claimed

go ahead & spill if you want Thomith :roll: 2nd vagueclaim btw, pee or gtfo the pot
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:57 pm

Post by Thomith »

I was going to save this for MELo when I first read it, to give us a second lim if I could, but with this being a cult game I feel like we just won't know when this will be, which is why I'm kinda lost on what to do with it now.

Once a game I can host a dance party, lock all other game related chats for a night, and stop all shared actions from happening that night (I assume I can stop a conversion/slow down the cult for a day?)

I need to double check with the Mod if me choosing to do this ends the day, because on a reread it seems to insinuate that it might?

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:58 pm

Post by ActionDan »

HURT: DV
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:59 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

if it does end the day it basically just gives us an extra set of personal actions and a refreshed deadline
which
should mostly benefit town only i think

if it ends the day then best used if we get into a situation where we do not know who to elim and are rushing i think
alter of rautherdir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:40 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1094, ActionDan wrote: HURT: DV
Ouch
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:52 am

Post by ActionDan »

Felt that one did you ;)
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:30 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I may have made a slight error in that I actually wanted this to happen later, but I suppose there's no use beating around the bush now.

I have a PT with DeasVail. He'll be winning today, and further discourse around him is a distraction. This is what I meant when I said I was partially confirmable.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1098, Radical Rat wrote: I may have made a slight error in that I actually wanted this to happen later, but I suppose there's no use beating around the bush now.

I have a PT with DeasVail. He'll be winning today, and further discourse around him is a distraction. This is what I meant when I said I was partially confirmable.
Under which wincon?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”